IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We will not quit until we find Lauren. And, we will find all the help we need. It's coming.

So who was the visiting house guest at North apts that week/evening?When the guest leave, and has his car been searched. Something happened to LS that night, whether by accident or not, and it has been whisked away and coverered up.

I don't know, I'm apparently in the minority but I just find it really hard to believe her friends hid her body. Not saying I don't think it's a possibility. I just think it sounds way too fishy. The guys she was with that night strike me as your typical fratty college boys, yes they do sound pretty out of control but that's just typical of a lot of guys with money in college. If it was them they would have probably have had to rush and hide her body right away, so she would have almost definitely found within a month or two of searching at the most. I think whoever hid her had a lot of time on his hands. I think this is someone who has a sick mind and knew what he was doing. Just my opinion.

Not only all this above, but all the "boys" above would have to initially agree to do this and then afterwards be able to keep their mouth shut. Highly unlikely IMO.
I agree that this is some sicko who had a "what if" plan that he was able to put into effect when he saw LS wandering around that night. Or, someone who was a calm, cold opportunist, not a bunch of drunken college kids.

A petite, blonde, young woman Mickey Shunick disappeared in Lafayette, Louisiana while riding her bicycle home early in the morning May 19th. Her projected route would have taken her by the Cajundome, where North American Entertainment was setting up for the Cajun Heartland State Fair. Some investigators are speculating that a carnival worker was involved. Was Cumberland Valley shows in Bloomington as early as June 3rd last year to begin setting up for the Fun Frolic June 10th-18th? If so, it may be helpful to investigate whether one or more carnival employees worked for Cumberland in Bloomington last year and for Midway in Lafayette this year. I've alerted BPD & BD just in case.

I do not have a time machine or a crystal ball, so without a search, I can't say if the lake legend is true or false. I do know that it was taken so seriously at the beginning of this case that law enforcement was searching lakes instead of knocking on doors in Lauren's neighborhood. So, now I bring in the experts.

BARNEY-----Hey Gomer!!! The story is that these boys sunk Lauren in a lake. Do any
of them there POI or men who were there that night live on a lake in Indiana where they could have quickly carried out this diabolical crime?

GOMER-----Surprise! Surprise! Surprise! Shazham! Shaaaaaaabbbbbbaaaam!
Golly Barney, That hot tempered young man who whipped Corey Rossman lives on a lake.

BARNEY-----Thank ya Gomer! WHERE'S THE FBI? You may have just done solved this terrible crime!!!!

This is the thing that gets me: Lauren didn't have her keys or phone so how would she have gotten back into her apartment anyway if she had no way of reaching anyone who could have let her in? I think she started walking home but without her keys or phone she decided to walk to her boyfriend's place or another friend's place, or she stopped and tried to get help. Or she tried to walk back to the bar or just started walking up and down the streets looking for her keys. She could have been out there for hours if you think about it.

Well, I hear you. This is the other thing that gets me: Why did JR even let her go without her cell or keys? I'm pretty sure he got in trouble for trying to sneak into SW with CR the previous year ... so he would know there wasn't an automatic keypad or anything. And he would have known she didn't have her cell, since that's what she "supposedly" called DR about.

IDK. Last summer, a girlfriend of my daughter's (high school sophomore) gave her cell to a guy friend who'd forgotten his and was walking around downtown. I thought that was nice at first. But then she herself ended up stranded without a cell. The moral for me is to not head out alone ... and to know and trust who you're out and about with, obviously.

A petite, blonde, young woman Mickey Shunick disappeared in Lafayette, Louisiana while riding her bicycle home early in the morning May 19th. Her projected route would have taken her by the Cajundome, where North American Entertainment was setting up for the Cajun Heartland State Fair. Some investigators are speculating that a carnival worker was involved. Was Cumberland Valley shows in Bloomington as early as June 3rd last year to begin setting up for the Fun Frolic June 10th-18th? If so, it may be helpful to investigate whether one or more carnival employees worked for Cumberland in Bloomington last year and for Midway in Lafayette this year. I've alerted BPD & BD just in case.

Unless she was in the trunk of JR's houseguest, I've never been able to figure how a POI would have gotten LS out of Bloomington that morning. It does seem possible that someone might have "stashed" her somewhere and moved her a little later, after thinking it out.

That happened to the body of a high school girl who disappeared in Traverse City, MI, later last summer. Her killer (who knew her) initially left her body in the shed where he'd killed her but then buried her on a different night in a pile of road sand near Public Works.

IDK about the carnival company in question, but it's certainly a transient business.

Well, I hear you. This is the other thing that gets me: Why did JR even let her go without her cell or keys? I'm pretty sure he got in trouble for trying to sneak into SW with CR the previous year ... so he would know there wasn't an automatic keypad or anything. And he would have known she didn't have her cell, since that's what she "supposedly" called DR about.

IDK. Last summer, a girlfriend of my daughter's (high school sophomore) gave her cell to a guy friend who'd forgotten his and was walking around downtown. I thought that was nice at first. But then she herself ended up stranded without a cell. The moral for me is to not head out alone ... and to know and trust who you're out and about with, obviously.

My guesses:

1) whoever she was with last was not coherent enough to realize letting a girl walk home without her cell phone, keys, wallet, and SHOES = BAD IDEA.
2) Lauren was an emotional, crying, hot mess trainwreck of a drunk. The guys all got annoyed with her, felt she was getting in the way of their good time, and kicked her out.

We mustn't forget the possibility of a third party in the form of a drug dealer or said dealer's clean-up guy.

My guesses:

1) whoever she was with last was not coherent enough to realize letting a girl walk home without her cell phone, keys, wallet, and SHOES = BAD IDEA.
2) Lauren was an emotional, crying, hot mess trainwreck of a drunk. The guys all got annoyed with her, felt she was getting in the way of their good time, and kicked her out.

"Lauren was a mess" would have sufficed.

My guesses:

But the bad ideas began long before JR supposedly let her walk out the door. Keep in mind, according to those who viewed the last video she was on, leaving Smallwood, Lauren half conscious when Corey Rossman "helped her" out of her apartment building and down the alley towards his apartment. It doesn't sound like she was getting in their way of a good time.

Not to mention the fact that I haven't heard anyone, not even the POI themselves, suggest that they kicked Lauren out.

JMO

There was so much construction, torn up sidewalks, on her short walk. I keep thinking of her bare feet, stumbling, trying to avoid sharp debris. She could have fell, and got hit......Is it possible that cameras could have missed a car hit, then scooping her up, and driving away?

We've been focusing on the East Coast POIs. I can't say they would know where those lakes are. Also, I'd think you'd need access to a boat dock, a boat, and some hardware to sink someone in a lake. Jay, Corey, and Mike
did not have any boats at their apartment complex. The POI who has a dock and a boat is a friend of Lauren's roommate and he was over at Smallwood that night at 3 AM. He knew where Lauren was going and that she'd be coming back. He lived right between 5 North and Smallwood.

I would think that most IU freshmen are unaware of the location of those lakes, but that most IU seniors have visited at least two of the three at one time or another.

Do we know that none of the POIs had a boat at a dock?

I have been over this several times on here, discussing probability etc. Back again to help try and refocus things a bit. If you logically and rationally think about Lauren's disappearance, giving careful thought to what weknow of the nights events, alcohol and drug use/abuse, who she was with, where she was, their known activities, familiarity with the area, the fact that we have zero confirmation that she spent any of the day or evening alone, the facts and percentages of abduction type cases that are random (very small), population density, time of the morning, crime rate, security/surveilance equipment etc. And even if we take what JR said at face value that LS left his house between 4:15 and 4:25 and he watched her round a corner towards home, were talking a very short distance (under 50 yards) from rounding that corner and where she would have come to her first surveilance camera (which she never made it to). I hope you can see what I'm getting at here and just how small the chance of her being randomly abducted actually were. I talked to a friend here at the University of Montana (who is mind-numbingly smart) about the probability of this case being a random abduction case. He explained that while it would be variable, he surmised the probability of this being random were under .0001 percent. So were talking in the thousandth's of one percent here. In other words, it's about as believeable given what we know of the evening, that Lauren was struck by lightning and disentigrated as it was that this was random. I myself, still believe that LE has the correct POI's, but lack enough tangible and forensic evidence to proceed with the case. We all know how difficult it is to prosecute without a body or forensics. Not going to speculate this time whether it was a nefarious premeditated crime, accidental death ie overdose and subsequent cover-up etc. or maybe a crime of opportunity/accident ie the movie very bad things type senario. But I am quite confident that the perp/perps is a known POI and BPD just lacks substantial enough evidence to move forward with an arrest. Bottom line, I would feel comfortable doubleing down and betting the house on this not being random.

I agree Mophebius - as I've harped a bit on; all night long she is not alone, always in the company of others - that's the way she traveled, so most strange/convenient its only at the critical time, suddenly no one owns up to being with her....
I just don't see her doing something alone that night...

My previous post was deleted ..... Aghh!

Gonna make this simple, sorry if I'm blunt.

To me it comes down to the source of the alleged coke. All it takes is POI #3 to call POI #1 or someone else to say "dude I'm gonna tell them SHE got it from you!" after she dies. JR admits to being the last to be with her. Maybe the 415 call was to make that clear. Or maybe that 415 call was the post move call. Rumor has it one's major has vast knowledge to local Forrest and hiking locales.

JR then states "I saw her turn the corner, thats the last I saw her" (insert lawyer here)

I'd love to know who was coming and going from Smallwood after she left. I wonder if the system tracked who leaves and when they come back in or it's just a key card.

To me it comes down to the source of the alleged coke. All it takes is POI #3 to call POI #1 or someone else to say "dude I'm gonna tell them SHE got it from you!" after she dies. JR admits to being the last to be with her. Maybe the 415 call was to make that clear. Or maybe that 415 call was the post move call. Rumor has it one's major has vast knowledge to local Forrest and hiking locales.

JR then states "I saw her turn the corner, thats the last I saw her" (insert lawyer here)

I'd love to know who was coming and going from Smallwood after she left. I wonder if the system tracked who leaves and when they come back in or it's just a key card.

Yes, JR in essence has her out in the wild blue yonder alone; meanwhile, with that statement, he washes his hands of all responsibility and culpability.

What he does not realize, it seems, is that College was NOT her normal route, Morton (one block west) was. That in itself is a red flag to me. And no, I don't believe she set out from JR's to walk to JW's.

Abbey, was Marcus Davis one of the perps involved in the assault and burglary cases of women students early last summer? We have discussed a possible relationship with this a few times. (I don't have time right now to look into it, so I thought you might remember.)

This is one of today's Bloomington headlines: Murder, burglary charges against Marcus Davis dropped in death of Mario Wright

IMO, the stakes have to be high for the POIs to cover for each other, make that continue to cover for each other. Being a DD or owing a DD could be that. The 4:15 call does seem key to something.

The gravel lot still seems like another key, IMO. If she collapsed there, someone would have had to have a car that hasn't been checked or found (DB or a DD?) or be large and sober enough to carry her on foot somewhere relatively close to 5 North yet not caught on camera.

I wonder if JR was trying to steer LE away from something by saying he saw her go down College. Maybe she was stashed in an opposite direction and then moved before the search got underway? There was so much construction that summer, as well as kids moving out.

Also, I wonder something different now about CR asking if anyone had seen a little blonde girl. Maybe this question was his way of fishing for information vs. trying to find LS, i.e., are we home free yet (is she gone) or has she been found (where hidden).

Also, in terms of coke, I still think ZO's reference to "New York snow" from the song "Bette Davis Eyes" is suspect. Smart, no; suspect, yes. Or posted before LS went missing, even? It just seems weird, IMO.

Let's use a bit of simple logic here. Cocaine OD? Really? Why not flush the coke and dial 911? Why go to so much trouble to hide a body? Why continue to hide a body after so much time? OD does not make sense so it can't be true.

A rape that led to murder is a very good reason to hide a body. Hiding the body on private property such as your backyard would be a reason to keep the body hid still to this day.

What kind of person could be so cruel as to do this? How could you watch Lauren's parents cry on TV and not be moved?

You would have to justify this in your mind. You despise and hate Lauren Spierer.
But, In reality, you are a van der Sloot monster. My opinion and I'll bet history proves me right. Poor poor girl!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member