IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another interesting soundbite from the end of the video discussing her path on the night, when the PI is giving us JR's account of watching her walk down 11th St from his balcony:

"he said he was able to see her almost until she got to the corner" (his emphasis)

This conflicts with what we've been consistently told from the beginning about seeing her turn the corner heading towards home. Last known direction is not an important detail or anything, sheesh.

That was painful to watch. The interview makes me think that LS could have been the one with the concussion and memory loss. The sound of her head hitting, her falling on her face, etc. It sounds like ZO may have had it right ... if only CR had walked her to her room.

Well unfortunately I cannot view the video on my iPad... But I just wanted to say I am glad to know that I am not the only one who has refused to go along with the JW has been cleared nonsense that was repeated over and over again on this forum... He had the motive, for the others the motive was never as clear.

I guess I'll have to go pull out the laptop and watch!

Another interesting soundbite from the end of the video discussing her path on the night, when the PI is giving us JR's account of watching her walk down 11th St from his balcony:

"he said he was able to see her almost until she got to the corner" (his emphasis)

This conflicts with what we've been consistently told from the beginning about seeing her turn the corner heading towards home. Last known direction is not an important detail or anything, sheesh.

I don't believe anything he says. Like hell he watched from the patio.

That was painful to watch. The interview makes me think that LS could have been the one with the concussion and memory loss. The sound of her head hitting, her falling on her face, etc. It sounds like ZO may have had it right ... if only CR had walked her to her room.

I was just thinking that she could also have been the one to vomit in CR's apartment. Saying it was CR would be believable.

Why ZO and others would allow him to leave with her is a head shaker.

Sorry, another grievance from the video editing, the same exact soundbite is used:

"so lauren and corey um headed up an alleyway from there..." both after the first incident on the steps with the female witnesss and again before they go to knock on the door of the 4 girls.

Seemingly insignificant, but it unintentionally makes the path they take make no sense.

It states that after they left Smallwood they went to 10th and College and knocked on the door of friends who were at the party. I don't know the security at 10th and College but how would they get in? Wouldn't they need a key card like at Smallwood? Did someone they know let them in?

It states that after they left Smallwood they went to 10th and College and knocked on the door of friends who were at the party. I don't know the security at 10th and College but how would they get in? Wouldn't they need a key card like at Smallwood? Did someone they know let them in?

I lived in a different college town. All the blds needed key cards to enter the main lobby but 75%of the time people would let you in (in person) or doors were propped open with telephone books or you would buzz up a random apt # and they would let you in.

Don't know if the specific situation about the party has been answered though.

During the initial news conferences, LE reported full cooperation from POI (though later also said that they were still trying to track a few people down).

Perhaps, but by June 26th it was clear they were not getting anything close to "full cooperation":

At today's news conference, Capt. Joe Qualters said the words "perplexing," "curious" and "disturbing" might be the adjectives chosen to describe Spierer's friends' behavior. "All in all, I think I'd probably characterize it as unfortunate," Qualters said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/lauren-spi...friends-search/story?id=13923810#.T8ast1KD840

Perhaps, but by June 26th it was clear they were not getting anything close to "full cooperation":

At today's news conference, Capt. Joe Qualters said the words "perplexing," "curious" and "disturbing" might be the adjectives chosen to describe Spierer's friends' behavior. "All in all, I think I'd probably characterize it as unfortunate," Qualters said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/lauren-spi...friends-search/story?id=13923810#.T8ast1KD840

I think "cooperation" and forthcomingness are a bit different in this context but its probably semantics. In describing the friends lack of coming forward with information, it was my understanding that he is going above and beyond meaning the first and second tier POI out to all other levels of her friends. He says in that conference that police have had to seek people out to get information and (except for 1 person) not the other way around.

How messed up is that? How many people did she come into contact with that night that thought to themselves later, oh I'm sure it's under control, I'll just stay out of it. How many people out there never contacted police because they didn't want to get involved? Re-listening to that news conference got me all fired up again :maddening: Still frustrated that we heard from the kid who first found her keys via the news and he hadn't been in touch with police yet.

I was just thinking that she could also have been the one to vomit in CR's apartment. Saying it was CR would be believable.

I am pretty sure DNA testing can be done on vomit. Assuming anyone collected it.

If she was constantly falling down on her way to CR's, MB's and JR's, and CR had to carry her part of the way, how did she even manage to leave JR's on her own? Sounds like she was completely out of it. Of course if she ever did manage to leave, she would be very easy to pick up for anyone.

To me, it's most unusual for a person like LS who all night long is in the company of others, and then when she needs them most, she is suddenly left alone, on her own...

http://www.indianapolismonthly.com/features/Story.aspx?ID=1712477

VS, a neighbor, tells [Indianapolis Monthly] that Beth has said he went upstairs and, when he returned, Spierer was gone. “That was the last time Mike and Corey saw her,” says [neighbor].

Clearly at odds with the account that PI's/Lohud just reported with MB walking her over to JR's.

An Internet sleuth later claimed to have seen a tweet that showed Rosenbaum might have been hosting unidentified visitors from Michigan that morning. The tweet, if it did exist, is no longer posted publicly, but reports of it raised questions about what the visitors might know.

frankly, embarrassing reporting there, Indianapolis Monthly.

“There were other people around,” an attorney for Rosenbaum tells IM. “And I believe the police have all their names and information.”

:woohoo:

Obviously if it was her, she didn't make it from her own phone, the phone was at still at the bar the next day. So she would have had to use someone else's phone (a stranger's?)

The calls were from JR's phone... We've always known that (at least with regard to the call to DR that we previously knew about).

What's particularly a shame is that it sounds as though that's exactly what would have happened if ZO et al hadn't gotten involved...

I am pretty sure DNA testing can be done on vomit. Assuming anyone collected it.

Yes, I was just thinking the same thing earlier tonight, and hoping... Even if it was cleaned up there might be enough residue to collect a sample.

To me, it's most unusual for a person like LS who all night long is in the company of others, and then when she needs them most, she is suddenly left alone, on her own...

Unfortunately I think this shows how uncaring they are and how wasted they were.

Well, we wanted new developments ... and we have them. Hopefully LE checked that? And hopefully MB shared this info (vomiting) with LE vs. just telling the reporter/PI about it later. I'm confused about all this new info (but grateful).

I'm also concerned about LS hitting her head like that. It sounds so brutal ... enough to cause a bleed, even. Combine that with everything else and who knows what happened next.

What's particularly a shame is that it sounds as though that's exactly what would have happened if ZO et al hadn't gotten involved...

You could be right. I can imagine ZO kicking CR into macho overdrive. ZO's intentions may have been good ... but in the end, the guys seemed more interested in besting each other than helping LS.

Well, we wanted new developments ... and we have them. Hopefully LE checked that? And hopefully MB shared this info (vomiting) with LE vs. just telling the reporter/PI about it later. I'm confused about all this new info (but grateful).

I'm also concerned about LS hitting her head like that. It sounds so brutal ... enough to cause a bleed, even. Combine that with everything else and who knows what happened next.

Yes, falling down and hitting head like described (assuming that's accurate) alone could kill someone. Might not happen immediately but sometimes many hours after the incident. Of course that still wouldn't explain why she disappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966