IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure that this has been discussed before, but the report about the upcoming "Katie" show made me think things through again.

CR's "no memory of the evening" story seems most unbelievable.
MB's story is notably inconsistent.
JR's story seems the most believable, (except that as a long-time friend concerned about her well-being, he should have walked her home.)

However the time frame puts JR as seeing her last.

What if MB's story about putting CR to bed is not true? Instead, CR either goes to JR's with LS or meets up with her as she leaves.

Of course CR's car was searched without yielding anything significant enough to make him a suspect rather than a POI.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/2011-06-09-missing-indiana-student_n.htm

Did JR ever say that he saw her walk away "alone" or just walk away (possibly in the company of another person.)

I'm saying we're not independently able to judge the credibility of the witness for ourselves nor are we able to hear a cross examination of the witness to have a clearer picture of the witness' accuracy.

For all I know the witness cringed when he/she heard the PI's describe their interpretation of the statement.

I think your theory or some version thereof is very plausible, but I also think it's possible there's too much assuming facts that are not in evidence. Which means things might not be as cut and dried as presented.

As far as the PI's lying... That wouldn't surprise me. If they thought they could create a narrative that might shake some new information loose then I have no question they would lie. Same for LE. Same for the family.

I'm pretty sure this is WS where we work with the information that we have.
Logically, there isn't much of an in between on someone hearing her head hit the concrete. It either happened or it didn't. it's not an exaggeration or embellishment. It's either truth or a lie. So if you don't buy it, then you are saying the PI's are lying. Did the witness hear her head hit the concrete or not? I'll have to go with YES. I don't think PI's would say that so very clearly if they did not have a statement to back it up. Can PI's lie, sure. Can LE Lie, sure!!! But, also using your logic, if I can only work with facts that a prosecutor and LE have, then I might as well shut up. But no, I'm not going to do that. I consider the PI's statements on LS head slamming the concrete as very clear and accurate. And until there is something more credible to refute that, I shall continue to work with that. At the same time, clearly she fell face down without blocking in the alley video a short time later. There is now a discussion about how she may not have even been able to talk and/or was foaming at the mouth. You want to take this back to the point where MB/JR's statements are credible? Either she was seriously messed up, comatose or even dead before she even got to 5N, or she was wanting to party, calling people and able to walk from CR/MB's to JR's and then out of JR's to oblivion. It can't be both ways. There is no evidence to back up what MB/JR say is true. But there is growing evidence that she was not in the perky condition MB described (which is much closer to the time she was last observed). Whereas JR at least comments to some degree on her facial injuries (which she could not have if she did not fall by the way, unless you are suggesting she sustained these injuries in another way like being punched?) and her degree of sobriety. Neither MB nor JR's account is consistent with her condition just prior to the time they supposedly spent with her. MB's is more out of line than JR's, so I find that extremely interesting since MB saw LS supposedly right after she was unconscious and injured. He very clearly paints a picture where CR was so out of it that HE had to be put to bed. But video and other accounts show CR is in much better condition than LS. So, there is no question in my mind that MB is lying. The question in my mind is WHY is MB lying. And Why would JR go along with it?

At first I came here because I thought LS might be alive. I can relate to her circumstances on many levels, and that of her family and friends. But since it is apparent to me that this case is most likely about CYA, there is something inside of me that will not let this go. LS does not deserve to be swept under the rug no matter what happened. Even though I never met LS or her family, the idea that those who did away with her will be able to go on with their lives with impunity is infinitely motivating for me. The truth needs to come out. Until it does, I will not rest.

Long response to 1 (sorry)
I just want to again point out that I think a lot of this could be explained by something was really wrong with LS at Kilroy's. I think someone recently brought up the various reports of her condition that weren't confirmed, like foaming at the mouth, and the verified accounts, like being unable to respond to questions directed at her or walk on her own. I think you questioned the altercation being about LS. I still think it was simply because in the last post of mine, the video has the PI saying it began with them asking LS directly if she was okay. I think that group not taking over could be explained by a few different things like: 1) maybe CR reacted quickly and just took off with LS (nothing has been really said about his condition based on the videos from what I recall, except that he was the one doing all the helping, not LS), 2) after punches started getting thrown, they decided it wasn't worth getting into, especially since one of the boys from the group was on the banned list too, etc. I think the real tragedy in that situation is actually that LS came so close to her home, that people DID notice and at least attempt to help, and unfortunately, they just didn't pursue it for whatever reason. I'm sure they didn't think that this would be the outcome, otherwise I think the altercation wouldn't have ended with CR beating it with LS in tow.

I really think a very simple explanation for her shoes and phone being left at the bar is that she was, by both unverified and verified accounts, completely out of it. She might have been getting sick or showing signs that whatever she had taken voluntary or involuntary was not sitting right with her. Instead of searching for phones and shoes, CR decides to take her home and let her sleep it off and/or pawn her off on someone else (roommates). I do agree that he wanted to maybe score with her, but if she was getting sick, he might have decided it just wasn't even worth it.

If he gave her anything, I can see why he decided to take off with her after the altercation. They were causing a scene. Security or the police could get involved, and if she had taken something from him voluntary or involuntary, that might cause some serious issues for him. He decides to just haul her back home with him.

Maybe hitting her head on the way back was the catalyst for the end result. Maybe he gave her something and tried to take her back home, but decided against it after the scene at Smallwood, and, during the trek back to his place, she slams her head. This kind of thing would even apply if LS had voluntarily taken something. If she were sick at Kilroy's and he was aware, decided to take an LS who could not walk or respond from her apartment building when others had stated their concern for her wellbeing, and then she had fallen and slammed her head in his company could pose a few issues for CR, such as:
1) people might think he had done something (hit her, etc.) to LS and he was the cause
2) if he was aware she had taken something on her own accord, he might think LE might think that she had not actually taken it voluntarily, and that he had drugged her.

I can see MB becoming involved in this only if she were still alive when he encountered her and died in his presence. If drugs played a role, whether involuntary or voluntary, I can really see how someone might panic and not call for help immediately. Maybe they argued about whether they should get her help or not, and before a decision was made, she died. CR could guilt him or MB might feel responsible because he didn't take action sooner. Again, this could work in a situation where:
1. CR gave her something - CR is his friend and roommate. He might want to protect him. Additionally, in this scenario, MB has LS die in his presence. He did not pursue help for her either and may have felt that he would be liable.
2. LS took something on her own accord - MB may have felt that LS was responsible for her actions. He may have worried that a case against him would be pursued, etc. etc.

I can see JR becoming involved in hiding the body of a "friend" only if he played some kind of role in her death... aka maybe he provided the drugs to CR, whether he knew CR would give them to LS or not, or maybe he provided them directly to LS and she took them voluntarily. He had a lot on the line - he was starting a company. If he had given something to CR, he might feel liable. If he gave them a voluntary LS, he might feel that she was ultimately responsible for her own decisions and the end result. Either way, he might be able to justify hiding something like this to himself.

2) Why (According to JR) did LS (supposedly) call 2 people looking for her phone, but not call her phone directly to see who might answer?
Do you know when he started saying this? I'm just curious if he stated this AFTER people started really questioning how LS could have forgotten her phone. I always thought the initial story was that he was trying to find her a ride home. Maybe JR said he called these people "looking for her phone" in response to a lot of the public criticism. Sort of like a "hey, she wasn't THAT out of it. After all, she knew she forgot her phone. She was so together she actually called people looking for it!"

3) Her being barefoot and phoneless shouldn't change her behavior. I do see how some might wonder if someone actually took these things back to Kilroy's. If that's the case, LE should at least be aware if she was shoeless based on videos. If one of the POIs address it in any public manner, they would know one way or another if they were lying. Have they ever addressed the shoes? The phone would not be as easy to verify via video. Personally, I think she was sick and left them because she wanted/needed to get home ASAP, and they just were not a priority.

As for your observations on her condition:
Are you implying MB did NOT see her? I really do not see him inserting himself if he did not see her. I do think he might present this story of LS actually being perfectly okay to handle the streets of Bloomington on her own in an effort to make it look like she could have done these things. I'm not sure if he knew the extent of what some of the videos showed. I don't think her falling out of the elevator and not being able to stand, not responding to direct questions to her, slamming her head so hard that there was an audible thud, etc. was revealed at once. Perhaps he should have taken a page from JR and kept quiet until more information was revealed.
I have a bigger problem with the idea that MB would imply LS was actually okay if all other accounts say she was not. If he truly had nothing to hide, why in the world would he not say, "Yeah, she could hardly stand or walk. CR had to help her back. I knew JR was her friend, so I took her there, and I have no idea what happened after." Instead, he says just the opposite. LS helped CR back, put CR back, and invited MB to party, according to MB. I think the bigger question is why he would make these statements when all others accounts simply do not support it.

I think JR's lack of focus on the shoes isn't all that surprising. By saying she had no shoes, he would be inviting criticism in at least 2 areas I can think of:
1. He lets her call people trying to locate her phone, tries convincing her to stay, forces her to take a "walking test" BUT doesn't care that she is shoeless? Seems to go against the stand-up image he is trying to portray.
2. If he brings up the no shoes thing, I think that invites the idea that not only was he not a stand up guy, but he knew very well she was out of it. Girl lost her phone, shoes, and had black eyes forming? But she was okay? Okay.

Sorry for the length again! lol.

(All just opinions)

Your observations / speculation about MB and JR I think are reasonable. These are very believable "human nature" type responses to being caught up suddenly in such a situation. They made self-preservation decisions which is wrong, but not so unusual. Now one or more of them need to set it right.

Some great perspectives, theories and especially all the questions Ros. There is a LOT that LE and the PIs must know that we don't, but it's clearly not enough.
For me it comes down to just a few really important points (that CAN be answered by friends!!) that are eluded to in the posts above:
1. LS's intentions that night...
--she opts to party at home (not with JW as planned), but then the offer from JR comes later (knowing she be partying with the friends from Indy), and she acts on it. Why? Just to party, to hook up with CR or both? DR, HT, and likely JR know this.

2. Cell phone: We know CR 'had designs' or 'wanted to sleep' with Lauren. We know that CS stated her phone was last used at 12:15 in SW....there's a possibility that the gave her phone to CR to carry, or he offered so she couldn't text anyone, specifically JW? Doesn't look like she had a lot of pockets...and, what 20 yr old goes that long with out using her phone. I think he took it to monitor usage. CR would know this prior to his amnesia.

3. Kilroys: Shoes off, no big deal and a common practice. Phone purposely left there by CR? I believe they left in a hurry either because of someone else there or LS talking about drugs.... someone know this, JR, his other friends and of course, CR.

4. The Time Lapse: last on camera at 2:51, arrive at 5N (IF they did) at 3:00 ish.... doesn't leave until 4:30!?!?!?!?! What the hell did she do for an 1.5 hours? Did they really spend that much time with her, just to try to convince her to stay...I think that conversation would lasted no more than 10 mins. One account (I thought) said that she left MBs alone and went to JR, maybe she headed for SW, got picked up by another JR friend at 3:38 (witness) and taken back to JRs? That's a long time for someone 'sooo' impaired. (Witnesses know this, as would JR).

5. Lastly: 5N
--why put her there. Why claim she was there if she wasn't? I can see covering for someone by not acknowledging information or playing dumb, but why create a a story. She was there earlier, so no reason to place here there again (evidence of her presence)? And why so late? If she passed at CRs, (hence him puking), why 1.5 hr timeline of her being there?

I believe that the timeline is directly related to the witness at 3:38...the only reason she had to be at 5N until 4:30, is that she WAS out on the street at 3:38 or later....PIs stated that it was LS and there is a LARGE clock above that was never discounted as being the wrong time like the times on the cameras with the white truck.

If LE cannot put more pressure on the 'lawyered up' PsOI, then I think BO & Co. need to put more pressure on the 'other friends', not lawyered up to answer some key questions!

I have read 3 accounts of the Mystery Woman. They are similar stories. But, not exactly the same. It appears she first saw Lauren near Smallwood. She is very concerned about Lauren's condition and is upset because she is suspicious of the intentions of the Mystery Man. So, she circles around the neighborhood and confronts Lauren and Corey Rossman at 10th and College Apartments. Lauren falls back on the steps and hits her head with a thud. But, Corey charms her into temporarily believing that he is watching out for Lauren and has it under control. The next night the witness learns that Lauren is missing. Corey didn't have it under control after all and she is the last witness to see Lauren who is not a POI. So, how hard did Lauren hit her head? Was she severely injured? Not sure.

Some great perspectives, theories and especially all the questions Ros. There is a LOT that LE and the PIs must know that we don't, but it's clearly not enough.

VeryVeritas deserves the credit for the long list of questions.

I'm giving it a 75 percent chance that the 5 North boys are involved in Lauren's disappearance. This is based on dogs and them lawyering up. However, there is this possibility that she did walk off by herself and HT was correct about her friends.
Lauren had Long QT. That is one of the known facts. Long QT interjects so many other possibilities that we are not taking into consideration. She might have snapped out of it and done as Jay Rosenbaum said. Or, she may have died from it.

Another thought occurred to me. There might be persons outside of those who were at 5N who would know that something fishy happened. If someone was anticipating that the police would soon search their home, they would probably remove anything incriminating ASAP. If they had any contraband of value, they might have given it to someone else for safekeeping.

VeryVeritas,
You're free to have any opinion or theory you want. You're free to assume facts not in evidence, believe what you want to believe and disregard what doesn't fit your theory.

You're free to close your mind to anything that disagrees with your theory or assume only those things that fit must be true.

But it's also that type of tunnelvision that explains why PsOI would refuse polygraphs and "lawyer up".

I personally have a problem with that type of thinking when someone doesn't acknowledge their assumptions, leaps, and ifs are based on limited and indirect information that could be wrong (or embellished).

I'm not trying to argue your theory is wrong. I'm not trying to argue at all. I'm just trying to play devil's advocate to try and limit tunnelvision from taking hold.

For me it comes down to just a few really important points (that CAN be answered by friends!!) that are eluded to in the posts above:
1. LS's intentions that night...
--she opts to party at home (not with JW as planned), but then the offer from JR comes later (knowing she be partying with the friends from Indy), and she acts on it. Why? Just to party, to hook up with CR or both? DR, HT, and likely JR know this.

2. Cell phone: We know CR 'had designs' or 'wanted to sleep' with Lauren. We know that CS stated her phone was last used at 12:15 in SW....there's a possibility that the gave her phone to CR to carry, or he offered so she couldn't text anyone, specifically JW? Doesn't look like she had a lot of pockets...and, what 20 yr old goes that long with out using her phone. I think he took it to monitor usage. CR would know this prior to his amnesia.

3. Kilroys: Shoes off, no big deal and a common practice. Phone purposely left there by CR? I believe they left in a hurry either because of someone else there or LS talking about drugs.... someone know this, JR, his other friends and of course, CR.

4. The Time Lapse: last on camera at 2:51, arrive at 5N (IF they did) at 3:00 ish.... doesn't leave until 4:30!?!?!?!?! What the hell did she do for an 1.5 hours? Did they really spend that much time with her, just to try to convince her to stay...I think that conversation would lasted no more than 10 mins. One account (I thought) said that she left MBs alone and went to JR, maybe she headed for SW, got picked up by another JR friend at 3:38 (witness) and taken back to JRs? That's a long time for someone 'sooo' impaired. (Witnesses know this, as would JR).

5. Lastly: 5N
--why put her there. Why claim she was there if she wasn't? I can see covering for someone by not acknowledging information or playing dumb, but why create a a story. She was there earlier, so no reason to place here there again (evidence of her presence)? And why so late? If she passed at CRs, (hence him puking), why 1.5 hr timeline of her being there?

I believe that the timeline is directly related to the witness at 3:38...the only reason she had to be at 5N until 4:30, is that she WAS out on the street at 3:38 or later....PIs stated that it was LS and there is a LARGE clock above that was never discounted as being the wrong time like the times on the cameras with the white truck.

If LE cannot put more pressure on the 'lawyered up' PsOI, then I think BO & Co. need to put more pressure on the 'other friends', not lawyered up to answer some key questions!

Some Possibilities:

1) I wouldn't find this unusual. But I would agree there was some motivation for her to go to JR's earlier in the evening. The people involved in that motivation would likely be evidenced by documented phone calls and texts before 12:15. Certainly those present at JR's would know.
Perhaps someone with guts could details exactly what paryting at JR's would usually look like. Let's not pretend here. Hard liquor, bongs, people snorting white powders is quite the norm in this sort of atmosphere. If there were more curious twists (like drinking games, or snorting of powders would be done in a bathroom or private bedroom, etc...) then I would be interested details of accounts from those who participated at JR's to get a clearer picture. On these LS threads there were people in the University environment that gave more general accounts. Yet, I've not seen anyone who partied with JR (inner or out circle) describe their account of what was typical.
2+3) Your theory is possible about CR separating LS from her phone. However, it does seem just as likely that if she were on the narcotics cocktails being attributed to her, that she could have set her phone down the shoes and completely lost track of them. If that were the case, she was already very out of it right there. It goes downhill pretty much continuously after that until she vanishes. What doesn't make sense is that according to MB the downhill demise is suddenly non-existent, and then she is back downhill again and improves at JR's. You also caused me to think about something I'd not considered before and didn't see anyone post about. If she took her shoes off and set her phone down to do something more active why keep her wallet keys with her and her fake ID and key card. If you are holding all of that why not hold the phone too... and yes what 20 yr old female is not getting or sending texts? Don't think anyone saw her play volleyball. But if you were going to do that and set down the phone, why not set down the keys with it? What I usually see people do is stuff such things into their shoes. So the fact that her phone was separated from other valuables is curious. Seems quite possible that it was separated from her shortly after her last call/text at 12:15. Not sure if that places her at JR's or enroute to Kilroys. I think that would still be JR's. If someone snagged her phone to prevent her from linking with others that would be dirty. Let's say it was CR or a POI. Someone's prints should be on the phone... were his? Or was the phone wiped clean? Also a clue that something was being covered up.
Or was it just LS's prints all over it? If it were LS's prints then, most likely she left it there at Kilroy's. In any case, her condition was not good already while at Kilroy's. There have been quite a few reports of LS being out of it at Kilroys, but no one saying she was ok at Kilroy's.
4) Ok, my understanding of the time sequence is more like this:
2:51 to 3:00 She exits alley and slams face down. LE has not revealed if she were helped up, dragged out of view or could be seen getting up on her own. The distinction of course could point in different directions. In any case, It's unlikely this was resolved instantly.
3:00 Witness finds LS's wallet and keys on ground and puts on rail. Doesn't see anyone around. This means that LS was cleared from the immediate area of the fall, within minutes.
3:00 to 3:30 Somewhere in here LS is either being disposed of or is at 5N in CR/MB's apartment. If able to stand and walk, I would expect that the Witness who found her keys and wallet would have seen her stumbling around. But if CR or someone else picked her up or dragged her away, then sure she's out of sight. But where is she? Behind 5N in the blind area (including possibly by the 5N dumpster). OR does she actually make it to CR/MB's? If she did make it up to CR/MB's, she's either comatose/dying/dead or standing/talking/helping MB/and wanting to party.
In either case, should be there by 3:05. If MB is truthful (which doesn't seem possible) LS is in good enough condition to be caring for CR and helping MB put CR to bed. This would consume some time. MB describes some conversation with LS supposedly attempting to get her to stay. Ok, if any of this happened I could see 15 to 20 minutes total. And if instead she's the one on the floor, being put to bed, vomiting and/or comatose and/or dying, then also 15 to 20 minutes could pass until....
3:30 MB calls CR because of LS wanting to party (supposedly).
Now if she is dead outside somewhere, then why is MB calling JR?
If she was brought to JR's first, then why is MB calling JR?
Exactly what is up with CR's phone at this time? Who did he call / text that night?
Maybe CR was using MB's phone.
Maybe CR brought LS to JR's first as someone suggested today, and then CR went to CR/MB's and CR told MB what happened and MB called JR to discuss.
This could explain MB's inconsistency with LS's condition in this timeframe.
Now if LS were at JR's first, the whole time frame is moved up by 30 minutes because all of what is speculated that was happening at CR/MB's was instead happening at JR's. Which also could make sense. It could be that LS was deceased by 3:30 and was in JR's (or alternatively at CR/MB's or even still outside).
My instinct does favor that her final demise was sometime between that Alley fall and 3:30.
4:15 2 calls are made from JR's phone (not sure if it was landline or mobile?)
to DR and unidentified male who partied with LS earlier that evening - says LE. Call was not made to LS's bf, LS's room mate, nor LS's own phone. JR attributes calls to LS (or were made on her behalf?). So this span of 45 minutes is said to have occurred at JR's. But if LS were deceased by 3:30, then this time frame is fabricated, and the reasons for the calls appear to be attempts for JR to do CYA. If LS is alive and kicking, and at JR's, JR's description is very inadequate to explain 45 minutes to 1 hr he says she was there. Thanks for pointing out this rather large inconsistency. What JR is attributed to saying about LS being at his place after 3:30 covers about a total of 5 minutes. The rest of the time, leaves a big question mark.
5) I agree strongly with this possibility. The reason for saying she was at 5N by both MB and JR does seem to be for the purpose of misdirection or misleading LE. I feel she was removed (and probably was not alive) by around 3:30 (not walking down 11th nearly an hour later).
The Bartender who says she saw LS at 3:38 being carried does fit with this very well. If that was the time, and that was LS, then where was she being carried and who was carrying here? Because this is also very close to the time that MB's phone called JR's phone, it's also very curious. The time 3:38 coincides very well with someone leaving 5N(inside from CR/MB's or JR's or outside from the blind area) at about 3:30 and walking to the point where the Bartender made the sighting.
No one else has ever come forward to say it wasn't LS that the Bartender saw... it was XX and XX... it was us... This is interesting. People could have come forward to correct this witness if they were the people she spotted. So, feel there is some credibility to this witness.
LE seemed so sure that it could not have been LS, or the time was wrong. We don't know why. Perhaps there is a non-POI eyewitness that places LS somewhere else? Perhaps there is video that places LS somewhere else at 3:38 which has not been released. Why they would think it was CR carrying LS prior to 2:51 doesn't make sense, Bartender off by a full hour doesn't seem likely? Otherwise if LE is simply taking the word of MB and JR, that would be rather disappointing.
Anyway, yes, after carefully thinking about how much time it would take for the events(as described by MB and JR) to have occurred, 30-40 minutes fits much better than 1.5 hrs. So, that should be another inconsistency.
Personally, I do think that by 3:30 LS was on her way somewhere other than 5N, and not by her own 2 feet. Again, the reason for the time fabrications would be as you theorized, to take focus off of where she really was.
If deceased prior to 3:30, then the timeframe for getting the body disposed would be the time interval immediately following. That just happens to be the time interval she would supposedly have been at JR.s In that scenario, why does JR wait until 4:15 to call DR and the other male? My gut tells me that this coincides with completion of disposal. Somehow JR waited this interval or was signaled that the disposal was complete. In fact it could be an interesting flaw if JR was watching the clock and then placed these calls right after 4:15. If you pick up a phone and call someone, you have a one in 15 chance that it will fall on a quarter hr, top or bottom hr. If it were seconds after 4:15 it would point to someone watching a clock in my view. And quite interestingly MB's call to JR also fell at the bottom of the hour (unless someone is rounding these times). Would that not be curious that MB makes a call at precisely 3:30 and then 2 calls are made at precisely 4:15 from JR's? These numbers are too round.

VeryVeritas,
You're free to have any opinion or theory you want. You're free to assume facts not in evidence, believe what you want to believe and disregard what doesn't fit your theory.

You're free to close your mind to anything that disagrees with your theory or assume only those things that fit must be true.

But it's also that type of tunnelvision that explains why PsOI would refuse polygraphs and "lawyer up".

I personally have a problem with that type of thinking when someone doesn't acknowledge their assumptions, leaps, and ifs are based on limited and indirect information that could be wrong (or embellished).

I'm not trying to argue your theory is wrong. I'm not trying to argue at all. I'm just trying to play devil's advocate to try and limit tunnelvision from taking hold.

I encourage you to play devil's advocate. But I also encourage you by presenting FACTS that supercede the FACTS I'm working with.

I challenge you a third time on the logic of refuting that LS head slam on concrete was HEARD. This is not something that can be exaggerated or embellished. It's a black and white issue. Either the person heard it or they didn't. Either the PI's made this up or they didn't. This is not like someone is saying a noise sounded like.... or I think it was about xx O'clock. Or he a was about xx feet tall. This is a pure logic question. There was an audible sound when her head hit the concrete or there was not. The PI's know this to be true, or they lied. There is no middle ground. You can't partially make a sound hitting head on concrete. There is either a sound or there is not. Perhaps you have difficulty understanding logic? It's like a light switch, that is either off or on. There is no dimmer switch with a sound of a head hitting concrete. The head either hit and was heard or it was not. No exaggerations, no embellishments.

AGain, I have always encourages WS'rs to show how my theories COULD NOT BE. This is how I keep improving them and trying to make sense of what happened to get closer to the truth. You present no facts to refute, conflict with, or which supercede those of the PI's. So for now the Facts presented by the PI's are quite solid to me, as are the facts released by LE, and Lauren's family and statements made publicly (correcting for bad journalism). So if you and I are in a room and the light goes on, the opinion of whether the light is on or off is rather useless.

If you think the PI's are lying about the head hitting concrete sound, I'd be interested in hearing why you think that. It could change my view of things. If you think the person who said they heard it is lying, then I would find that interesting too. Why would they lie? That might change my view. I see no reason why someone would come forward and explicitly say they heard her head hit the concrete. And sure the PI's did make a point of this, which is why it is important to my theories. By them pointing out her head trauma it's not an exaggeration. Morever, there are 3 times LS was falling down. 2 of them involved falls that could have(according to even JR's attributed statements) caused injuries. It's not very likely that JR conspired with someone to say they heard LS head slam down over at 10th and College steps only so that it would corroborate with JR's observations of LS's black eye forming.
You want to throw out that the head hitting the concrete made a sound, ok. You also want to throw out the video of her slamming face down exiting the alley - ok. You are of the opinion that she was just fine and walked to 5N on her own two feet to party some more? Perhaps you are also of the opinion that the earth is flat? (not being rude, just trying to illustrate a point).

Please poke holes in my theories with facts, or logical analysis on why they can't be the truth.

Another thought occurred to me. There might be persons outside of those who were at 5N who would know that something fishy happened. If someone was anticipating that the police would soon search their home, they would probably remove anything incriminating ASAP. If they had any contraband of value, they might have given it to someone else for safekeeping.

not following, but interested... please elaborate.

I encourage you to play devil's advocate. But I also encourage you by presenting FACTS that supercede the FACTS I'm working with.

I challenge you a third time on the logic of refuting that LS head slam on concrete was HEARD. This is not something that can be exaggerated or embellished. It's a black and white issue. Either the person heard it or they didn't. Either the PI's made this up or they didn't. This is not like someone is saying a noise sounded like.... or I think it was about xx O'clock. Or he a was about xx feet tall. This is a pure logic question. There was an audible sound when her head hit the concrete or there was not. The PI's know this to be true, or they lied. There is no middle ground. You can't partially make a sound hitting head on concrete. There is either a sound or there is not. Perhaps you have difficulty understanding logic? It's like a light switch, that is either off or on. There is no dimmer switch with a sound of a head hitting concrete. The head either hit and was heard or it was not. No exaggerations, no embellishments.

BBM. I don't really understand this line of thinking, of course there is middle ground. The PI's have no idea, they are taking a witness account. Maybe they heard jewelry hitting the concrete, maybe they saw her tip over and associated an unrelated sound to what their eyes were telling them. I see no real reason to dispute the account, but calling it fact is folly. Speculating on her condition, while we seem to have an *idea* of her state is really nothing but guessing.

My take on AKH's post was just that we shouldn't assume these are all facts. If you read through these threads, rumors and hypothetical situations have the tendency to quickly become mixed with facts, so it's never a bad idea to question what we know and how we know it.

It's not really as black and white as there being a sound or not being a sound -- and questioning the witness account doesn't mean the PI's are lying.The PI's are presumably telling us what the witness said. The witness reported Lauren hitting her head and it making a sound. Did it make a sound? Did she think it made a sound? Did she say it to emphasize what she visually saw? Who knows. The same witness seems to have described Corey Rossman as dark skinned with pointy round sideburns, and given possibly conflicting statements about time...

Witness accounts are not fact. That said, when you have several unrelated witnesses with similar descriptions, I think you can weigh out the probability of what is most likely true. I think the account of Lauren falling and hitting her head is probably not exaggerated, because it totally corresponds with other accounts that suggest Lauren was in distress, barely able to walk and injured by the time she and CR made the trip from Smallwood back to his/JR's apartment.

BBM. I don't really understand this line of thinking, of course there is middle ground. The PI's have no idea, they are taking a witness account. Maybe they heard jewelry hitting the concrete, maybe they saw her tip over and associated an unrelated sound to what their eyes were telling them. I see no real reason to dispute the account, but calling it fact is folly. Speculating on her condition, while we seem to have an *idea* of her state is really nothing but guessing.

LS's Jewelry that night was known. She is on camera with that little she had on. A head hitting concrete does not sound like jewelry hitting concrete. And you are suggesting that not only did their ears deceive them, but their eyes as well. Her head only came close to hitting the concrete, didn't really hit it, and instead her jewelry make a skull like thud? Not quite grasping that. I agree that the PI's are taking a witnesses account. But again, I do have to rely on their expertise in how they communicate the credibility of this statement. I'd welcome them to chime in. If they think that LS was not seriously injured. The PI's most certainly painted a picture of LS being seriously out of it and sustaining serious injuries. Not just this account, but the video of the alley exodus as well. Again, JR's statements about LS's injuries are independent verification of her injuries, even though I think JR is not revealing enough about LS's condition. So, if LS did not sustain these injuries from the PI's revealed falls, then how do you propose that these injuries were sustained?

My take on AKH's post was just that we shouldn't assume these are all facts. If you read through these threads, rumors and hypothetical situations have the tendency to quickly become mixed with facts, so it's never a bad idea to question what we know and how we know it.

It's not really as black and white as there being a sound or not being a sound -- and questioning the witness account doesn't mean the PI's are lying.The PI's are presumably telling us what the witness said. The witness reported Lauren hitting her head and it making a sound. Did it make a sound? Did she think it made a sound? Did she say it to emphasize what she visually saw? Who knows. The same witness seems to have described Corey Rossman as dark skinned with pointy round sideburns, and given possibly conflicting statements about time...

Witness accounts are not fact. That said, when you have several unrelated witnesses with similar descriptions, I think you can weigh out the probability of what is most likely true. I think the account of Lauren falling and hitting her head is probably not exaggerated, because it totally corresponds with other accounts that suggest Lauren was in distress, barely able to walk and injured by the time she and CR made the trip from Smallwood back to his/JR's apartment.

If they are not FACTS then tear them up please, that's what I'm looking for. I've never talked about a witness account about CR's sideburns. This discussion was about the seriousness of LS's injuries. An audible sound of a skull hitting concrete does have certain implications.

LS's Jewelry that night was known. She is on camera with that little she had on. A head hitting concrete does not sound like jewelry hitting concrete. And you are suggesting that not only did their ears deceive them, but their eyes as well. Her head only came close to hitting the concrete, didn't really hit it, and instead her jewelry make a skull like thud? Not quite grasping that. I agree that the PI's are taking a witnesses account. But again, I do have to rely on their expertise in how they communicate the credibility of this statement. I'd welcome them to chime in. If they think that LS was not seriously injured. The PI's most certainly painted a picture of LS being seriously out of it and sustaining serious injuries. Not just this account, but the video of the alley exodus as well. Again, JR's statements about LS's injuries are independent verification of her injuries, even though I think JR is not revealing enough about LS's condition. So, if LS did not sustain these injuries from the PI's revealed falls, then how do you propose that these injuries were sustained?

If you're asking my personal opinion, then I don't know that there were any injuries sustained at all. Is JR's account of the blackening eye something that he provided to LE right away or is something that was added later to help further the case for an out of it LS? Was it even a black eye from injury or was eye makeup smearing? I try not give weight to certain witness accounts while discounting others. I realize it sounds like I'm arguing against you or a particular theory, but I'm merely arguing against certainty.

If they are not FACTS then tear them up please, that's what I'm looking for. I've never talked about a witness account about CR's sideburns. This discussion was about the seriousness of LS's injuries. An audible sound of a skull hitting concrete does have certain implications.

FACT: There is not one clear consistent story coming from this witness.

If it's true that this witness described CR as dark skinned with pointy round sideburns then clearly her account is better described as perception than fact.

Because there are other accounts of LS falling and JR himself says she was injured, I think we can assume that yes, she fell and hit her head. I'm with you on that. But I also agree with others that just because a witness said something, doesn't make it fact. We have lots of rumors of witness accounts and they can only be judged insofar as they correspond with the other bits of information we know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdeem713