IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. It may not be relevant but iPods can be used as phones easily using apps like textnow, and Skype. Untraceable texts and numbers. Using only user names and easily change your number overnight.

2. When she was officially reported missing...was it right after DB's tweet?

1. It may not be relevant but iPods can be used as phones easily using apps like textnow, and Skype. Untraceable texts and numbers. Using only user names and easily change your number overnight.

2. When she was officially reported missing...was it right after DB's tweet?
The tweet was around lunchtime - as I recall it was between 11 am and noon. I could be wrong, though.

She was reported missing several hours later, around 4:30 p.m.

I have always been curious about the "others" that have been mentioned as being present in the two 5N apartments of interest on the night of LS's disappearance.

I feel that it is probably true. But, how closely involved in the situation could these people possibly have been if JR, CR, and MB all remain suspects in the disappearance? It does not seem as though the presence of other individuals provided any type of alibi or a strong story corroboration for the three young men in the spotlight. Not enough to clear them, anyway.

We've discussed the idea of these individuals perhaps being in other rooms of these apartments, perhaps in the hallways of the building, or their observations being diminished due to intoxication...

The "others" may be persons of interest whose names have not been officially released. LE said that there were about ten persons of interest but that the number was fluid.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/1...persons-interest-in-indiana-college-students/

The tweet was around lunchtime - as I recall it was between 11 am and noon. I could be wrong, though.

She was reported missing several hours later, around 4:30 p.m.

It gets referenced a lot, so here is a redacted version of the tweet. Back in 2011, the source of the original image indicated they were in the central time zone, meaning it was sent at 1pm Indiana time.

Attachments

• redacted_tweet.jpg
    redacted_tweet.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 35
It gets referenced a lot, so here is a redacted version of the tweet. Back in 2011, the source of the original image indicated they were in the central time zone, meaning it was sent at 1pm Indiana time.

Interesting that it would indicate they were in the central time zone, as phones update timezone based on location (i.e., you move from eastern time zone to central time zone, your phone will automatically update to reflect that). Being that the tweet was sent from his iphone you think that would reflect that he was in the eastern time zone (bloomington!) Further, considering this guy was attending UM-AA it would not make sense that his default time-zone would be set to central. So even if the phone did not automatically update, seems weird that it would be central time zoned.

Edit: I see that you are referring to the person who sourced the tweet. MY BAD!

If you have a lot of time on your hands, start reading from Thread #1 to the present, there is a ton of information on these 29 threads.

Thank you for this information! I have been trying to keep up from the beginning, but there are so many conflicting stories, and I am trying to collect them all and wrap my head around them, piece through the information, bit by bit. Though they might seem minuscule, these times of confliction are of upmost importance for the Spierers-- it shows MB, JR, CR aren't telling the truth, that they're hiding something, and that they're protecting themselves / someone else (maybe of higher power?). And this latest outburst from Corey, claiming -- 2 years later -- that his lawyer's words are inaccurate, implies that he DOES have recollection of what happened that evening, which is of extreme importance.

VeryVeritas, I think you questioned where the idea that Corey was aided home by Lauren stemmed from? I can help you with that -- it stemmed from Corey's lawyer, who said Lauren helped Corey home after he was punched. I believe the investigators talk about it in the LoHud video here - http://www.lohud.com/flash/spierer/

On a side note, I must say, I am overjoyed that Lauren's story is still being talked about and discussed here in great length. I am hopeful that we will find Lauren and bring the Spierers' nightmare to an end. :)

Lauren's last known condition is not a Rumor. Her last known condition that is provable is from the Last known VIDEO to have captured her. According to PI's who saw this video, she fell face down into the gravel lot, without blocking with her hands. That indicates she was unconscious.
I don't consider public statements from Private investigators hired to find out what happened to Lauren to be a "Rumor". Additionally there are other eyewitness accounts of her falling and hitting her head on the concrete over at your building on 10th and College. And there is Video footage of her unable to talk and slipping down unable to stand at Smallwood. You really consider all of that to be a rumor? You want to throw all of that out but without any substance whatsoever and yet want people to consider House Bar?
This is not rational. But even to consider House Bar you would have to be believing that JR is telling the truth about LS walking down 11th, barefoot, phoneless, penniless, seriously bruised in the face, with only a fake ID and Keycard in her possession. So, how were you implying she would procure cocaine at House Bar with no money and in this condition? You put this theory out there!

Veryveritas, quit saying I said she went to House Bar to buy cocaine. And
going to House Bar is just a theory , and my theory doesn't necessarily mean
she even made it there! You have been exaggerating "witness" testimonies from the beginning. Video footage can indicate someone is impaired, but not how impaired!
What we do know is, JW and his dad went over and threatened JR, creating two factions. If you make Lauren seem unable to leave because she was on so many drugs, this makes JW seem innocent. If you theorize she may have been able to leave, it makes JR seem innocent.
ZO and JW were familiar, with ZO wanting to be more in with JW, according to gossip on PT. Are police believing his testimony over the POIs as to how inebriated Lauren was, when he was most likely also inebriated?
At any rate VeryVeritas, I don't think my writing is so obtuse as to allude that Lauren was trying to buy drugs. If I thought she was, I would state that plainly.
From the beginning, you have been posting the extreme of each matter, for example you think they didn't just hide a body, they gang-raped her. She wasn't just high, she was abusing all kinds of concoctions all night and blind and deaf drunk. She didn't just fall down a few times, once badly, but bashed her head severely several times. They aren't just coming up with different stories, but everything they say is a lie.
I don't believe the extreme happened in each situation. The extreme thing is that Lauren is missing. All of these characters could have done all these random things to precipitate Lauren's demise, but we may not have the person who did it in all of it.

... I stalk this story because I know without a doubt, that not for dumb luck, there would have gone me or one of my friends. And that, IMO, is really what it was, luck. LS was unlucky that night. As HT said, she just went too far that night. The stars un-aligned, and instead of the 99.9% of the time that she would have made it somewhere to sleep it off, she didn’t and she paid the price with her life....

I believe that MB or DB or JW or Unknown was hanging outside the apartments, or on a deck, smoking maybe, and saw LS leave and decided to catch up with her. MB is my top, but that is just MY OPINION, and really no more than my gut feeling, based on the reported changing stories and http://mbbeth.wordpress.com/. I think the unsub (thank you criminal minds) offered to walk her home, look for her stuff, drink some more with her, etc., and then took advantage of the situation. And then, the unimaginable happened, and LS passed out and/or died. I don’t think the amount of construction going on in that immediate area at the time with no cameras can be highlighted enough.

I believe CR may know that MB has ‘weird’ tendencies. Again, while I think he blacked out, he has an ‘idea’ of what might have happened that includes his roommate and that is why he is lashing out now.

Thanks for a thought-provoking post. I also appreciate your candor. I've been there myself as well. Slightly OT: I love "Criminal Minds"!

What I'd like to comment on: I hear what you're saying about the possibility of the stars unaligning. I've considered that ... as unfair as it seems, maybe everything went wrong for LS that night. And I agree that the amount of construction could have been a contributing factor. Someone could have taken her toward the construction zone near 5N unnoticed, perhaps.

Re: MB. He's always seemed like a wild card to me. Whereas DB begins and ends the story, being with LS at the start and called from JR's phone at the end, MB hinges it together. If we believe his story (and CR's), CR wouldn't know if MB took LS to JR's or even if MB left 5N later that morning. It's kind of odd that CR's alibi of sorts (passing out and amnesiac) doesn't give MB an alibi at all. In addition, MB was allegedly more sober than the others.

I remember reading way back that CR was "cocky" and MB was kind of his sidekick. I wonder what the profilers would make of that?

My random theory...

For whatever reason, Corey strikes me as a selfish DB, who's not all that smart, and who probably has knowledge or an inkling of what went on, but not enough to actually do anything about it.

JR's car was in the shop, but he has a friend there from out of town. I doubt that any friend, no matter how good, is going to help him remove a body.

MB by all appearances, is a nerd who probably hangs in the shadow of his more popular, more suave, more connected, and better looking friends.

So with those thoughts in mind, I think that Corey was probably pretty effed up too. He had pretty bad motives bringing Lauren back to his place - he was bringing her back to hook up. Once he gets back, he starts hurling and the party (for him) is over. He passes out and goes to bed.

MB is then alone with a hot girl, the likes of whom he'd never normally have a chance with. She's being cuddly and sweet in her drunkenness. Mike's "rescued her" from the handsy Corey. He takes advantage of that and takes some liberties with LS but then realizes she's passed out. OR Corey stumbles across them as he's heading to the bathroom, and being out of it, doesn't know what's going on except that Mike is with Lauren by himself, which is weird. Either way, it's time to get her out and now so there's no chance she'll remember what he tried or did. He brings her to JR's, saying that she got the drugs/booze there, so he's responsible now. He leaves.

JR starts to notice that Lauren's flitting in and out of consciousness. Maybe she's starting to show some signs that things are going south. JR's first thought - this is my *advertiser censored*, I gave her this stuff. He slaps her across the face to get her attention. No response. In desperation, he grabs DB's keys (his car is in the shop and DB's been long passed out upstairs), and Lauren, intending to dump her off at the hospital (and drive away). Sometime into the brief drive, he realizes she's dead. The ER dump is no longer an option. What to do, what to do? He drives to some location (where??) - and hides the body. Comes back.

Everyone has something to hide. Corey's afraid to say anything - he's too dumb to cover up - and what he was trying to do can make him look bad, really bad. It could set him up as a potential rapist. Hence the amnesia story, which isn't that far from the truth with how wasted he was.

Mike doesn't want people to know what HE did. And in a moment of panic, he says something to more astute JR (When you saw Lauren did she mention me? did she say anything about me?), who calls him out and accuses him of rape or taking advantage of Lauren. MB stops talking because JR has caught him out.

JR has to have a legit excuse to get LS out. He says he had her do the "sobriety test" and that he watched her walk out. It makes him look like a good guy, and it effectively ends his responsibility.

He says bye to his friend, DB, with DB being none the wiser about what happened with his own vehicle. He hires a lawyer courtesy of mommy and daddy, and life goes on.

The three all know something bad about the other guys - but they all have something on each other. It gives them a reason to protect each other to keep things quiet.

I just read the article posted above. This kid's a . I feel for anyone who gets involved with him romantically or even in a friendship or even at work. I'm so sorry his life has been inconvienced because he was the last one seen with a missing girl. He's so defensive and doesn't seem to have any sympathy for the Spierers at all. That article did him no favors. I'm throwing any belief I had that LS may have stumbled away from his home that night and been taken by stranger and downgrading it from a 10% chance to a 1% chance. I don't know about the other guys, but this guy comes off to me as a Grade A, entitled little <self edit so I don't get a time-out>.

Also, from the article:

"One question is why Rossman decided to take Spierer back to his townhouse early June 3, after she was stumbling and intoxicated.
&#8220;Why didn&#8217;t he take Lauren home?&#8221; she (Mrs. Spierer) asked."

That's a good question. They were at Lauren's apartment building, right? Why didn't he just take her to her apartment or just leave her there in the hall/lobby?

Thanks for a thought-provoking post. I also appreciate your candor. I've been there myself as well. Slightly OT: I love "Criminal Minds"!

What I'd like to comment on: I hear what you're saying about the possibility of the stars unaligning. I've considered that ... as unfair as it seems, maybe everything went wrong for LS that night. And I agree that the amount of construction could have been a contributing factor. Someone could have taken her toward the construction zone near 5N unnoticed, perhaps.

Re: MB. He's always seemed like a wild card to me. Whereas DB begins and ends the story, being with LS at the start and called from JR's phone at the end, MB hinges it together. If we believe his story (and CR's), CR wouldn't know if MB took LS to JR's or even if MB left 5N later that morning. It's kind of odd that CR's alibi of sorts (passing out and amnesiac) doesn't give MB an alibi at all. In addition, MB was allegedly more sober than the others.

I remember reading way back that CR was "cocky" and MB was kind of his sidekick. I wonder what the profilers would make of that?

Every time I'm reminded of MB's blog I get a shudder down my spine. That kid is bizarre, total weird-o...and that is saying something coming from me.

Every time I'm reminded of MB's blog I get a shudder down my spine. That kid is bizarre, total weird-o...and that is saying something coming from me.

SeeingForThe1stTime... this is the first I have heard of MB having a blog. Is it still up, is there a way I can view it?

TIA!

SeeingForThe1stTime... this is the first I have heard of MB having a blog. Is it still up, is there a way I can view it?

TIA!

I do think this blog was created for a class, but regardless, The. Kid. Is. Strannnnnge. And for the record, I wouldn't care how absolutely stunning and fabulous or goofy and oddball any blog that I had set up for a college class was, when the class was over, the blog would be unceremoniously propelled into the inter-ether via the delete option without a backward glance so your questioning if it's still up is a totally valid question to which I answer, yes, but the fact that it is, is almost as odd as the content.
Anyway, Wondering Aloud already posted a link to it in her post #734, but I'll save you the time...
http://mbbeth.wordpress.com/

oh...and for the record...I've lived in Mobile, Alabama all of my life and his rendering isn't even close. ;)

"One question is why Rossman decided to take Spierer back to his townhouse early June 3, after she was stumbling and intoxicated.
“Why didn’t he take Lauren home?” she (Mrs. Spierer) asked."

That's a good question. They were at Lauren's apartment building, right? Why didn't he just take her to her apartment or just leave her there in the hall/lobby?

But isn't the story that they were at her apt building, actual destination unknown to the public (not sure if LE knows or not), he was punched and dropped, he then ended up leaving and she followed after him?

The confrontation at SW seems like a wildcard situation that really doesn't get the public scrutiny it should be getting as far as what, if any, role it could've played in her disappearance. Or exactly what it was really all about even. IIRC the PI's said it was allegedly about CR being with LS and her condition. But if that was the case then why did she follow after him and why did they allow it? And did anyone follow and why not if they didn't... or what did they do if they did follow? Did they call anyone about this incident?

And if she did follow after him under her own power then IMHO it still leaves open the possibility she was able to leave JR's like he said she did at 4:30AM.

I do think this blog was created for a class, but regardless, The. Kid. Is. Strannnnnge. And for the record, I wouldn't care how absolutely stunning and fabulous or goofy and oddball any blog that I had set up for a college class was, when the class was over, the blog would be unceremoniously propelled into the inter-ether via the delete option without a backward glance so your questioning if it's still up is a totally valid question to which I answer, yes, but the fact that it is, is almost as odd as the content.
Anyway, Wondering Aloud already posted a link to it in her post #734, but I'll save you the time...
http://mbbeth.wordpress.com/

oh...and for the record...I've lived in Mobile, Alabama all of my life and his rendering isn't even close. ;)

Thanks ... not sure how I missed this. I'm not sure how in depth we can discuss this here, but #7, Assignment 5 is interesting (and #18). However, I realize this was before LS disappeared, and I don't know the context of the assignment ...

Thanks ... not sure how I missed this. I'm not sure how in depth we can discuss this here, but #7, Assignment 5 is interesting (and #18). However, I realize this was before LS disappeared, and I don't know the context of the assignment ...
Assignment appears to have been to come up with unique possible plots...MB does seem to be creative...

I had never seen that blog before.

I think MB is a liar, but I actually didn't think the blog was creepy at all. If anything, it made me a little sad. He comes across to me as a nice guy, who seems maybe a little immature (in a boyish way) and hopeful.

In his first photography assignment he wrote this:

When thinking about the song lyrics, to the song Beautiful Day by U2, they reminded me of the college experience. Walking around campus, going into town, enjoying sporting events: there is nothing more beautiful than that. I pictured a student walking around campus for his first time. I feel that the lyrics talk about growing up and going through life. College correlates as the transition period where one finds out who they are. I chose campus to represent impressions made on the students.I wanted to show what it could look like through a young excited student&#8217;s eyes.

Inspiration: [photo] This is a picture from the movie Revenge of The Nerds. The picture is the father&#8217;s view of the two kids as he gets ready to send them off to college. They expect these years to be the best of their lives. The campus in the background looks like a nice place. As they look to enjoy their college experience, it makes me feel how big of an impact the beauty and surroundings of college had on me. (BBM)

I'm sure he never could have imagined writing this what would happen the next year. But unlike CR's sociopathic hostile ranting, this gives me hope. If I knew MB in real life, I would want to tell him: you were right -- being in the spotlight in the face of this tragedy has more than ever given you a chance to find out (and show) who you are. Is this it?

My guess has always been that MB's story was partly true. I think he happened to be around when CR dragged Lauren home. I don't know what happened next, but I don't believe that after telling several people who tried to intervene before that to get lost, that CR then just went to bed. I think it's pretty likely that MB got involved, at least at first, by doing nothing and not stepping in to help Lauren when he should have.

If I were him, I would look at those last statements that CR made to the reporter. CR is pointing fingers at everyone he is threatened by -- The Spierers, the media, even his own lawyer. I would never believe that if I protected someone like that that they would do the same for me.

I also wanted to add, because we so often take for granted that CR did actually go to bed when he got home, that no one has ever actually said that he went to bed and stayed there all night.

CR's lawyer has only said that CR was put to bed and has no memory until the next morning -- and that others can corroborate that (i.e. that he doesn't remember anything). He did not say CR went to sleep. He did not say CR did not get up after he was 'put to bed'. And now CR is telling us it doesn't matter what his lawyer says regardless.

So, if we should only consider what CR himself says to be legit, we can discount his fake amnesia story (no problem, I did that in June of 2011 anyway!). And what else do we know? He hasn't actually said anything, spoken to the PI's or the Spierers. So, it's simple: All we know about CR is that he dragged an incapacitated girl home and then she was never seen again.

I just read the article posted above. This kid's a . I feel for anyone who gets involved with him romantically or even in a friendship or even at work. I'm so sorry his life has been inconvienced because he was the last one seen with a missing girl. He's so defensive and doesn't seem to have any sympathy for the Spierers at all. That article did him no favors. I'm throwing any belief I had that LS may have stumbled away from his home that night and been taken by stranger and downgrading it from a 10% chance to a 1% chance. I don't know about the other guys, but this guy comes off to me as a Grade A, entitled little <self edit so I don't get a time-out>.

I have had the same thoughts since reading his comments.

I kept thinking: What was his point? Someone wrote above that there would be no reason to make the "I didn't say I did, I didn't say I didn't" comment, if his lawyer's statement about him losing his memory was true. But if it wasn't true and he wanted people to know that, there's also no reason to say 'maybe I did and maybe I didn't'. He could have just told the truth.

So what did he really want people to know? That he's not even standing by the one little smidgen of (probably fake) information that his lawyer told the public on his behalf. In other words: like the rest of the POI he will not actually commit to a story of what happened that night, which obviously gives them all room to adapt their stories to whatever evidence ends up coming to light.

Except, he could do this anyway by not saying anything. So to me his hostile comments to the Spierers and to the reporters seem almost taunting. Instead of taking any responsibility, he's putting all the blame on them and basically saying: 'look, you're destroying my reputation, well I'm not going to tell you a single thing. Maybe what was said already was true. Maybe it's not. You'll never know".

It's very Joranvanderslooty.

J.V-S. had the same kind of narcissistic entitlement that I read in CR's comments, and displayed the same kind of lack of empathy to Natalee Holloway's mom -- Telling fake stories, then changing the facts, shamelessly. And it would be tempting to say that CR has been 'pushed to the limits' or something because he was under pressure, but every comment from day one has seemed equally hostile. Think of his comments to the witness who tried to intervene when he was carrying Lauren home. Or to the guys at Smallwood. I don't think it's a mystery at all why he got punched in the face.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member