IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am theorizing that LS possibly earlier in the evening, drank alcohol and used a mix of drugs, possibly a so called downer and an upper, maybe even had a drug slipped to her at some point, which might have been another downer with more alcohol, from the description of her very shaky movements by the 3:38 witness. If later she had snorted another upper to try to bring herself back around, she might have experienced an arrhythmia that caused her demise.

If something like this happened, she might have died then (speculation of course) and her body became a huge problem, especially for the person who gave her the last upper. Even though students were from NY or Michigan or some other town in Indiana, many IU students might have knowledge of Morgan-Monroe state forest to the north or Hoosier National Forest all around Lake Monroe to the south. Either place is less than an hour's drive, like 15-30 minutes to the north and 30-60 minutes to the south. There are countless spots in either direction for disposal. Such a thing would take less than 3 hours total to accomplish. And of course, like imkeyline says, the case in Michigan proves that something can be left in one place and removed and put in a more secure place later.

In this case also, there would have been plenty of time later to do such a thing. So in this case, my hypothetical suspect would have had to have a car or access to one. But looking back it's hard for me to construct a theory in Lauren's case that does not involve her being transported in a car or truck at some point. The only thing that seems obvious to me is that she did not just wander off on foot. Someone took her somewhere.

I am theorizing that LS possibly earlier in the evening, drank alcohol and used a mix of drugs, possibly a so called downer and an upper, maybe even had a drug slipped to her at some point, which might have been another downer with more alcohol, from the description of her very shaky movements by the 3:38 witness. If later she had snorted another upper to try to bring herself back around, she might have experienced an arrhythmia that caused her demise.

If something like this happened, she might have died then (speculation of course) and her body became a huge problem, especially for the person who gave her the last upper. Even though students were from NY or Michigan or some other town in Indiana, many IU students might have knowledge of Morgan-Monroe state forest to the north or Hoosier National Forest all around Lake Monroe to the south. Either place is less than an hour's drive, like 15-30 minutes to the north and 30-60 minutes to the south. There are countless spots in either direction for disposal. Such a thing would take less than 3 hours total to accomplish. And of course, like imkeyline says, the case in Michigan proves that something can be left in one place and removed and put in a more secure place later.

In this case also, there would have been plenty of time later to do such a thing. So in this case, my hypothetical suspect would have had to have a car or access to one. But looking back it's hard for me to construct a theory in Lauren's case that does not involve her being transported in a car or truck at some point. The only thing that seems obvious to me is that she did not just wander off on foot. Someone took her somewhere.

That type of a mix definitely seems like it could be lethal, especially with her long QT syndrome. A friend of mine takes klonopin for anxiety/panic. She said she drank with it once and once only. She got sleepy, sat down, and stayed down for the night. So if one didn't want to be down, or if someone didn't want one to be, an upper might come to mind.

I've wondered about Bradford Woods, which is affiliated with IU, and is 2,500 acres. But the same problem would apply ... who would have gotten her there and how?

http://www.bradwoods.org

As time goes on, I think more and more about the construction zones and even the sewer system, to which she could have been carried to vs. driven. I don't think she wandered off, either.

Speaking of which, just noticed this in the article above:

It confirms (this time by the private investigators) that the witness they interviewed is the same as Gatto's witness. So we have confirmation from Gatto, the PI's and LE that there was one witness:

Gatto (referring to the PI's description of the witness seeing Lauren with Corey:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #28

The PI's (re. "Mystery man rumor"):

http://www.indianapolismonthly.com/features/story.aspx?ID=1712477

For how many times the "mystery man" theory keeps regurgitating, I hope that Bessie will make Abbey's post here part of the links that open each thread. Another one, is the links of confirmed last known time on video and official LE and PI statements of what happened there as she was caught exiting that alley into the gravel lot. Finally, LE and PI statements about her last known condition.

After following this case every step of the way from the beginning and going over the details many many times, it's very inconceivable to me that Lauren was walking in or out of 5N. There hasn't been a single piece of evidence to tie someone at 10th & College to her disappearance. There hasn't been a single piece of evidence to tie JW to her disappearance. So far, all roads lead to and stop at 5N and those who were there that night/morning.

For how many times the "mystery man" theory keeps regurgitating, I hope that Bessie will make Abbey's post here part of the links that open each thread. ...

... There hasn't been a single piece of evidence to tie someone at 10th & College to her disappearance. There hasn't been a single piece of evidence to tie JW to her disappearance. So far, all roads lead to and stop at 5N and those who were there that night/morning.

It is helpful to know that Gatto has acknowledged that the PIs are referring to his witness, at the aforementioned time. But, of course, the fact that the police and the PIs put Gatto's witness where they do doesn't prove that's where she belongs. If the witness was correct about the time, and was correct that the "mystery man" wasn't CR, then right there we have, in fact, a single piece of evidence to tie someone, who was at least standing near Tenth & College, to Lauren's disappearance. There's also the fact that ZO and his roommates lived there. There's the fact that MB, in an earlier version of his story had Lauren disappearing from his apartment, while he was dealing with blacked-out CR, which would have been just the right time for her to wander out, to be seen by the bar witness at 3:38. There's the fact that MB called JR at 330, instead of just going next door, which suggests to me that MB was calling JR to try to figure out were Lauren had gone. My point is, we can disagree about it, but there is evidence that points to Tenth & College, and to the bar witness being correct about the time of 3:38.

There is more reliable evidence pointing to the witness being wrong about the 3:38 time, like LE clearly stating that she was wrong about the 3:38 time, based on video evidence.

And, of course, the fact that the 'mystery man' has been identified as Corey Rossman by the private investigators and in MSM.

JMO.

For how many times the "mystery man" theory keeps regurgitating, I hope that Bessie will make Abbey's post here part of the links that open each thread. Another one, is the links of confirmed last known time on video and official LE and PI statements of what happened there as she was caught exiting that alley into the gravel lot. Finally, LE and PI statements about her last known condition.

After following this case every step of the way from the beginning and going over the details many many times, it's very inconceivable to me that Lauren was walking in or out of 5N. There hasn't been a single piece of evidence to tie someone at 10th & College to her disappearance. There hasn't been a single piece of evidence to tie JW to her disappearance. So far, all roads lead to and stop at 5N and those who were there that night/morning.

I agree, but would also include she was said to be visiting a boy at the time she supposedly saw LS, not closing the bar. She was just a witness who happened to be a bar manager.

Remember, eyewitness identification error or misidentification is the number one cause for wrongful conviction. Witnesses often don't recall all the information correctly. IMO, that's what happened here.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/understand/Eyewitness-Misidentification.php

First time poster, long time reader. I lost interest in this case but re-energized during the civil suit. When I stopped following the case, I assumed CR-MB-JR were guilty. To play devil’s advocate (and then I actually convinced myself), I tried to look at this case from a different perspective. Originally, I focused more on the overdose angle, the drug dealers and focused, or rather speculated, much less on the drama that was taking place. Now, I think the drama taking place is the answer to who knows the truth and below, put my speculations.

I graduated the year before LS would have from a similar midwest school (maybe I'm coming at this naively or maybe have some helpful insight). Looking back on my college years HONESTLY and even in my young professional life, there have been about 3-4 times a male friend, some who I am still super close to and think very highly of, let me walk home alone either because I insisted, there was drama and/or they were too drunk themselves to function. It wasn't smart, my friends and I recognized that and luckily nothing bad happened but all it would take is one time. Guys today are still gentlemen and most of the time walk girls home, in my experience, but at the same time are taught to be more passive. If either MB or JR started to argue with LS to sleep on their couch, maybe the conversation bordered on them feeling too aggressive? What were they going to do - physically force her to stay? I'm not condoning their behavior and they definitely should have followed her home, but being naive and intoxicated themselves, JR made the huge mistake to let her walk alone.

As I’ve reexamined the events that night, I actually think CR-JR-MB’s stories could be true and they possibly even were trying to take care of LS. This could be a huge stretch, but I wanted to force myself to walk through this in a different mindset. Feel free to poke holes.

CR - I honestly think the dude was a hot mess, equally as messed up as Lauren. Amnesia or not, he remembers the night in a fuzzy, fuzzy state where timing/ppl/encounters don’t add up - I’ve been there from just drinking a lot. I also think it is a stretch, IMO, to assume sexual assault was his goal. A hookup was probably his goal (and maybe hers?) but in a consensual/drunken way. I realize by law that is an oxymoron, but many college hookups happen with both parties drunk so my point is, I’m not convinced he had a premeditated plan to “get with Lauren that night”. Like most college relationships, I think he just wanted to hang out drunk, see what happened, hookup if she was into it, impress her by buying drinks and being a little cocky/stupid, didn’t care she had a bf. She seemed to like him just fine without CR needing to be forceful as she was comfortable enough to party hop with him all night. I think ppl in LS’s circle were judging this behavior and starting to take JW’s side, which resulted in her gravitating toward new friends/romantic interests, specifically CR. Again this is just speculation, but I bet JW/LS had problems long before CR. My guess would be this wasn't the first time LS or JW flirted with other people and I think their friends were becoming fed up/sick of covering for LS or JW if they flirted with other people while the other wasn't around.

MB - IMO, walking Lauren to JR’s was the smartest thing to do. Maybe when he realized LS and CR weren’t in a state to hookup/CR was busy vomiting, he took the opportunity to separate them. JR’s makes more sense than walking her home: she was in a bad state to walk, so take her somewhere closer. Putting her in a cab is stupid and unsafe - some cab drivers can be jerks, you risk her not getting into the building or LS telling the cab driver to take her somewhere else. So, he makes sure she's with a friend - or the best thing at that point, which maybe was JR. JR could have seemed like a better option than HT or Smallwood for several reasons, specifically the fight LS and CR had just left.

Finally, and IMO, what was most important to MB that night, was it got LS out of his apartment, not because he was worried about her od’ing, but because he was somewhere on a scale of annoyed to mad at her. Maybe he felt LS was leading his buddy CR on by flirting with him while having a bf and causing CR to get beat up. He also possibly felt in an awkward position because his roommate wants to hookup with her but his buddy JR is in the same frat as the bf. Maybe HT, ZC or some other girl in this mix had a thing for CR and was jealous he liked LS and maybe MB felt some loyalty to that girl?

Taking her next door prevents anyone seeing her leave CR’s the next morning and eliminates rumors they hooked up. Also, maybe Lauren was annoying him by drunkenly asking questions about CR (such as “does he like me” or is “he hooking up with anyone else right now?”) or if she was that out of it, maybe he didn't want to deal with those questions about CR in the morning.

JR - So, now we’re at JRs. I have a theory that JR and LS had an argument that got heated, rather than this “sobriety test”. Maybe JR felt close enough to LS where he said “stop getting so drugged up and cheating on JW, just break up w him, I don’t want to be your alibi for when you cheat”. Or maybe he said “Stop complaining about JW being a bad boyfriend and just break up with him, you deserve better and I’m tired of hearing about this.” Maybe JR wasn't bff with LS or JW but maybe he was the strongest mutual friend they both had? Not to mention JR was maybe getting sucked into this drama because now CR liked her too? Maybe JR was pressing her about what happened to her face - maybe he thought CR, ZO or JW - someone who had reason to be mad at her, hurt her. What if the calls JR placed weren't because he was worried LS was od’ing but maybe LS was getting emotional/felt unsafe and he was trying to help? In her drugged up state she got really defensive, maybe JR is pushing her to do something she doesn't want to do, such as:
-tell JW she was with CR tonight
-JR wants to call JW, LS doesn't want to see him?
-maybe JR says something in JW’s defense that upsets her
From there, a heated argument erupts and she storms off. JR, also being immature and heated, lets her leave and isn’t thinking about the long term consequences. JR will regret that for the rest of his life.

A few random thoughts on JR’s behavior:
-I never camp up with a reason WHY JR takes the heat for being the last to see her, especially when it seems he spent the least amount of time with her that night
-Furthermore, why say she left at all? IMO, if you were to cover up disposing a body, it always would have made more sense for JR/all the 5N boys to say “she passed out on JR’s couch, I got up at 7am to use the bathroom and she was gone, assumed she sobered up and went home”. In college and post college, my friends and I do/still couch crash and often get up at 6-8am once the black out is fading and head home. Do we usually text/check in? Yeah, but not always. I’m not condoning this behavior, I just think it does happen once in awhile, especially in a college bubble….
-I think three boys succeeding in this cover up is a stretch and only way I’d be convinced is if this were someone’s life long, best friend. This led me to consider JR-DB could be involved but why wouldn't JR put DB in the spotlight more to back up his word?
-JR met with the parents - I think it is hard to judge how forthcoming these boys truly have been based on what the media shows. At this point I think their behavior is more out of fear for the public spinning anything else they’d offer. I think this is particularly true of JR because he has met with the parents. While I don't fault the Spierers and understand them doing anything for information, maybe they can’t get the answers they so desperately want because JR doesn't have them?

I’m not writing this to speculate on petty drama or paint Lauren in a bad light. I’m writing this because I don't believe LS overdosed and a group of people covered it up successfully. I just don't think they were capable - too many ppl involved and some evidence would be discovered at this point. If CR-MB-JR got away with it, what motive do ALL THREE have to stay silent? IMO, which I’m sure some people will disagree, the drugs are not a good enough reason to stay silent this long.

I think an overdose is completely likely, but in the presence of ONE, at most two people, who had an personal motive for covering her death that isn't related to a massive drug chain. So the question is, who would have the greatest motive to 1) seek her out at 4am and 2) cover up her death because they feared an accident wasn’t a good enough answer. These are listed with the likelihood of these happening, IMO, with the first two options tied.

-JW
Do we know what interaction JW and HT had that night via text? Perhaps HT confirmed what JW’s bros were rumoring and he went to wait outside for LS at CR’s - maybe even with the innocent intention just to prove she wasn't there for his own sanity. Given how often kids text, I’ve never believed JW wasn’t at least vaguely aware what was going on that night. Maybe JW got violent or she overdoses but he worries people would assume he got violent from the black eye developing, if a doctor tells she hit her head, etc.

-POI who was actually a “close” friend of LS (or JW) and has some type of personal motive in this drama
Same situation/thinking happened as with JW but insert a different POI. I think it was ONE person, at most two. This could be someone we don't know or JUST DB, ZO….

If either of those options is true and there is a second person, I wonder about HT/ZC/another female friends involvement and if they possible tipped off where LS was/wanted to get her in trouble with JW for some reason. I’m just speculating but perhaps under this CR-LS-JW love triangle there is another girl who is jealous/upset about something? I think a female being involved is interesting since women can be very ruthless, especially in “friend groups” and are also better at keeping secrets, IMO.

-POI we don’t know yet - perhaps a classmate who was obsessed with her, a local who worked at a local establishment? If LS was starting to take interest in other guys besides JW (which isn't a bad thing, she's young and figuring out what she wants), was there some other creep following her and CR around that night?

-Random Abduction

-CR/MB - ONE of them followed her outside and had some type of conflict with her.

I realize my theory doesn't take a stance on the 3:38 siting. There was so much go back and forth, I’m not sure what timeline makes sense. I think the witness could be wrong and I also think 5N boys could have been drunk and a little fuzzy on when the night actually ended and/or got nervous and changed the times to look better, etc. It doesn't change my theory that I think the successful cover up of the truth isn't from a massive cover up related to drugs that everyone is in on, but one person who had a personal conflict with LS, was along with her at the end of the evening and this one person (two at most) is keeping their secret and succeeding because of all the drug use and how party crazy this group as a whole appears.

This was meant to reexamine motive of the key players, which IMO, I’ve moved CR-MB-JR to the bottom of my suspect list.

Again, I want to mention this is very much just an amateur interpretation of the recent filings to the civil docket; I haven't seen any actual media coverage of the recent additions so will fill in some of what I can. (all info from the publicly accessible court record system, pacer.gov *and additional link added*).

There had been a dispute on the Spierer's discovery requests, particularly with the wide net that they seemingly cast, and defendants both issued motions to Quash the Nonparty Subpeonas. On 5/19, the Magistrate judge stayed all discovery and scheduled a hearing "at which time the motions to quash will be addressed along with any remaining discovery issues". This hearing is scheduled for tomorrow, 5/28 at 2pm.

There has been a slew of briefs from the plaintiffs explaining their position in dispute of the discovery stay and for the original requests that will seemingly be under examination during tomorrow's hearing. There is also a witness presented by the plaintiffs as a toxicology expert, who expresses the need for aspects of the discovery process stay to be lifted in order to offer his opinion. He does mention that he has been shown video of LS condition on the morning of June 3, 2011 (presumably the security cam footage we know about)

In addition to the discovery battle, there are motions filed by the defendants for summary judgment that have yet to be dealt with from what I can tell. Very much in my own opinion from reading the court docs, the civil case is looking extremely shaky and if the stay on discovery is not lifted, I'm not sure how a single deposition or answer happens.

edit to add link: http://www.theindianalawyer.com/spi...claims-called-precarious/PARAMS/article/34170

bx2,
That is indeed new information. And reading over some of JR's motion to bifurcate it opens by saying the court recently dismissed the duty of care portion of the suit. I don't recall knowing that had happened. So negligence and dram shop liability remain. And the words of judge's ruling as outlined in this motion sound like those are on the ropes.
Interesting read (as far as legal matters go):
http://media.ibj.com/Lawyer/websites/opinions/index.php?pdf=2014/may/07314236975.pdf

Edited to add court's response to above motion:
http://media.ibj.com/Lawyer/websites/opinions/index.php?pdf=2014/may/07314236975.pdf

BBM^^Don't worry, VV, those links aren't going anywhere. And I think we have read and read and read them. Lots of ways to interpret them, and good thing WS is a place we can do that.
People who live at 10th and College are POIs, and so, I think we are allowed to theorize how they might fit in to Lauren's demise.
JW is a POI, please listen to Bo Dietl's interview, he flat out says he has lied about being at home. Lying to police is "evidence" of someone being suspicious. He wasn't made a POI just because he's the boyfriend, oh no, he gave conflicting statements, according to the PIs.

Again, can we pick and choose what we want to believe from all of these sources and say the rest is lies? We can and are. Is that a good idea? Probably not, but everyone is doing it. For example, the head smack is not on video, but everyone believes it happened because the eyewitness saw it
happen, loud enough to hear. We all believe she heard the head smack.
But we don't believe her exact description of him, or her exact noting of the time. So if it's not in the video, why do we even believe it happened if we don't believe anything else the witness says?

Some might say we need it to happen then, with CR, to make the rest of the theory work, but is that a good reason?

People who live at 10th and College are POIs,

Who was named as a person of interest at 10th and College? Maybe I missed that somewhere - link?

Some might say we need it to happen then, with CR, to make the rest of the theory work, but is that a good reason?

The thing is, the 3:38 time actually doesn't even matter according to any theory I've read here, since either way the POI are the last people to have been with Lauren after that, by their own accounts. They have never disputed this or the report about Corey carrying Lauren back to 5 N. So I'm not sure what changes anyway, other than that it would mean that LE and the investigators were wrong and the 5 N guys would be lying about one more thing.

The ongoing argument over the 3:38 time is just kind of pointless, IMO, since this is one of the things that LE has actually made a statement about, specifically saying it was not accurate, based on video evidence.

Beyond the fact that there is video evidence that LE is referring to back up their statements about the timeline, I don't believe either LE or the PI's have confirmed exactly what is and is not on it.

bx2,
That is indeed new information. And reading over some of JR's motion to bifurcate it opens by saying the court recently dismissed the duty of care portion of the suit. I don't recall knowing that had happened. So negligence and dram shop liability remain. And the words of judge's ruling as outlined in this motion sound like those are on the ropes.
Interesting read (as far as legal matters go):

Edited to add court's response to above motion:

Thanks Akh.

I think you may have accidentally posted the same link twice. Here is the response:

http://media.ibj.com/Lawyer/websites/opinions/index.php?pdf=2014/may/0519spierer.pdf

Who was named as a person of interest at 10th and College? Maybe I missed that somewhere - link?

The thing is, the 3:38 time actually doesn't even matter according to any theory I've read here, since either way the POI are the last people to have been with Lauren after that, by their own accounts. They have never disputed this or the report about Corey carrying Lauren back to 5 N. So I'm not sure what changes anyway, other than that it would mean that LE and the investigators were wrong and the 5 N guys would be lying about one more thing.

The ongoing argument over the 3:38 time is just kind of pointless, IMO, since this is one of the things that LE has actually made a statement about, specifically saying it was not accurate, based on video evidence.

Beyond the fact that there is video evidence that LE is referring to back up their statements about the timeline, I don't believe either LE or the PI's have confirmed exactly what is and is not on it.

ZO has been discussed as a POI.

BBM No one is arguing. and I think the "pro" bartender witness people have said that many times. Just looking at things differently. TIA for understanding.

I'm not sure that even ZO has ever been named a person of interest, let alone people at 10th and college. People here have speculated about the involvement of various people, some of whom have never even been confirmed to be around at all that night. We should be careful who we list as "Persons of Interest" when there have actually been very few people discussed that way by LE, the PIs and in MSM.

I'm not sure that even ZO has ever been named a person of interest, let alone people at 10th and college. People here have speculated about the involvement of various people, some of whom have never even been confirmed to be around at all that night. We should be careful who we list as "Persons of Interest" when there have actually been very few people discussed that way by LE and the PIs.

At one point, I think LE said that anyone who had been with LS the previous evening was a POI. So by that definition, ZO had been in her presence and could therefore be considered a POI. However, I agree, that very few individuals have actually been named as PsOI.

I finally got around to looking at the witness lists for JR and CR on the PACER site. I wonder if AF could be another friend from home; there were rumors that DB was not the only one.

Also, it seems that the defendants' witness lists were much more specific than the witnesses list of plaintiffs.

Could someone with more legal expertise explain the consequences of the motion to bifurcate? It appears that JR's attorneys are saying that the Spierers first have to prove that LS was injured or killed before the question of whether or not the defendants have any liability for that result.

I'm not sure that even ZO has ever been named a person of interest, let alone people at 10th and college. People here have speculated about the involvement of various people, some of whom have never even been confirmed to be around at all that night. We should be careful who we list as "Persons of Interest" when there have actually been very few people discussed that way by LE, the PIs and in MSM.
We know LE was focused on at least 10 POI's. Only four individuals were identified as such, either expressly or through subsequent circumstances. We also know LE was very interested in "the altercation" that occurred at SW, and secured a search warrant (and even used battering rams) to obtain the surveillance video. As a principle participant in the "altercation", it's safe to assume that ZO fell into the category of POI in this case. That does not, however, mean he was a suspect, and that's the term we should use with caution.

Indiana police are interviewing "persons of interest" in the disappearance of a college student last seen by a friend walking toward her apartment last Friday.

The Bloomington Police Department said Tuesday that anyone seen with Indiana University student Lauren Spierer in the hours before her disappearance is considered a "person of interest," though no suspects have been identified.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/0...disappearance-indiana-college-student-lauren/
Police are focusing on a total of 10 persons of interest. They are people who saw Lauren in the hours before her disappearance. Investigators said they haven't been able to talk to all of them. Fox59 has learned that police do plan to polygraph test some, if not all of them.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ior-to-disappearance-20110610,0,7145018.story
BPD spokesman: Lt. Bill Parker
Robert Spierer speaks at 11:05

The Bloomington Police Department is continuing to interview missing IU Student Lauren Spierer’s “associates and acquaintances,” Lt. Bill Parker said at a press conference at 11:30 a.m. He said the BPD is using polygraph tests. “We believe that the chances are very great that there’s foul play,” Parker said.

http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81917

Think about LE's contention that there is video evidence to prove the time was NOT 3:38 AM. This contention would mean that there IS video evidence to confirm the sighting of LS and CR (??) with the witness (female bar manager), just NOT at 3:38 AM. What does this really mean? I think it confuses where the camera was located that furnished proof of the correct time. I was under the impression that events witnessed by the bar manager took place within sight of the "big" clock, ie., the digital clock at the corner of 10th & College. Am I wrong?

If I am correct, like I think, then I want someone to tell me what time it really was when this sighting was captured on video. I thought the only cameras that LE implied captured images of LS were in the southern edge of the alley (NS) from 10th to 11th, and in the middle west portion of that square block fairly near and on the way to the place/railing where her keys, etc were placed. So I am confused as to how a camera captured the bar manager + LS + CR (?) on the SE corner of the square block.

How did LS and CR get to this SE corner? I was under the impression that ZO and AB lived in the apts on that corner, but I thought that the apartment of the 4 girls that LS & CR may have knocked at, was more on the western side of the square block. What would LS and CR been doing on the SE corner? That corner would have been out of their way and out of line with the path I thought they probably took from SW to 5N.

Not the first time I've been confused, but I would appreciate clarification from a sleuth. I hope I hi-lited/posted AbbeyR's statement about the 3:38 time correctly.

I imagine many have read this, but in light of the third anniversary coming up, this is an informative article written for the second anniversary:

http://www.lyncvoiceuc.com/news/2013/06/02/7175267.htm

Checking the online IU Address Book, I see that CR is still listed as a student.

What do we know about what HT was doing that night? Who is DB? Was that a friend that was staying with JR the night Lauren disappeared (along with "AF")? I think I remember reading somewhere that he had company that night, maybe three people. What do we know about that? If they are willing to corroborate his story at trial, I will be surprised. I certainly don't believe his story.

AbbeyR, I'd be curious what your view is on where Lauren was at 3:38. You definitely don't think Lauren was at Tenth & College at 3:38, due to the police not having her on video there then. Do you tend to think she was a 5N at that time, as JR claims?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321