IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody correct me if i'm wrong but didn't Rosenbaums cell phone ping Martinsville the night of her disappearance?
There was an unconfirmed rumor about that. I do not know the source. see post on Websleuths of 03-12-2012, 01:33 AM and the post prior for information about the state of the Martinsville ping rumor 9 months after LS disappeared.

There was a comment about a cell phone ping in Martinsville on the TG blog site on July 20, 2011: http://tonygatto.com/2011/07/16/landfill-not-yet-searched-in-lauren-spierer-case/

Please forgive me if this has already been posted, or if it is against TOS to even post. I am still learning the ropes here at WS.

This man, Justin Wagers, was arrested in August 2015 for going around and following women and, even a couple of times, exposed himself. I live in the county were most of this was occurring. It was definitely concerning until in was caught. http://cbs4indy.com/2015/08/19/arrest-made-in-johnson-county-serial-flasher-case/

The white truck that was towed today does not look the same as the white truck on the video.

I think we've long suspected the reason given for why they were interested in the truck, because it appeared to circle the block twice, didn't make much sense as the misaligned video would have shown every car that passed through doing the same thing.

Have to wonder now if they received a tip or witness account of a suspicious white truck, and they revealed the only video footage of one that they could find.

After this many years, what is to say she wasn't buried there when the heat was on?
He then moved her later when all was quite, even a year or more after the fact.

Did the dogs search other areas on the property?

I hope this is their man and LS can be found. I may be the only one that always felt this was a crime of opportunity. LS walking alone in no shape to run or defend herself. jmo.

We're obviously missing some details. How did this guy elevate to this status? Is there something to connect him besides just being a sexual deviant? Did they really expect to find bodies at this house due to some tip or info or were they just fishing? And what tied him to LS enough that they'd say it publicly?
If it was just a fishing trip then why did they seem to give up on the search so easily after just one day (and seemingly one area)? The one article says they are off to talk to him so obviously something must still have their antennas up.

Hopefully, whatever it is, it leads to closure and not a wild goose chase and not just more noise.

I like the thought about the white truck originally being a tip and so the white truck we saw on video might be the result of it being the only white truck that was caught on video, but not necessarily it being the only white truck in that area or mentioned.

We're obviously missing some details. How did this guy elevate to this status? Is there something to connect him besides just being a sexual deviant? Did they really expect to find bodies at this house due to some tip or info or were they just fishing? And what tied him to LS enough that they'd say it publicly?
If it was just a fishing trip then why did they seem to give up on the search so easily after just one day (and seemingly one area)? The one article says they are off to talk to him so obviously something must still have their antennas up.

Hopefully, whatever it is, it leads to closure and not a wild goose chase and not just more noise.

I like the thought about the white truck originally being a tip and so the white truck we saw on video might be the result of it being the only white truck that was caught on video, but not necessarily it being the only white truck in that area or mentioned.

Interesting to thhinkthat there might have been more than one white truck. Also interesting is that the FBI is assisting, for whatever reason, and that two other missing persons are part of the investigation. I wonder who they are.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/31085248/...-related-to-missing-iu-student-lauren-spierer

Praying for answers and closure for this family that has suffered for so long.

I hope this is their man and LS can be found. I may be the only one that always felt this was a crime of opportunity. LS walking alone in no shape to run or defend herself. jmo.

I have always felt Lauren was snatched by a stranger as she left her friend's apt. I hope she is found and her friends and family will be allowed to grieve in peace.

Am I understanding that this loser lives in this home with his Mom and stepdad? Wth...

What do we know about Wager? Job? I noticed boat in news pic.

Am I understanding that this loser lives in this home with his Mom and stepdad? Wth...

As a registered sex offender, it may be difficult or impossible to find a place to live on his own, particularly if he has a felony on his record. Felons have a very hard time getting decent housing and are excluded from many good jobs, so it is not unusual for them to live with someone who will take them in rather than let them be homeless.

This article was updated to add that a different location in Trafalgar was also searched witth K9's. It was another location the suspect lived at. It confirms the search was performed by Bloomington PD, assisted by the FBI.

Late Thursday evening, 24-Hour News 8 got a tip about another extensive search that happened earlier in he day at a home in Trafalgar which is in Johnson County.

The neighbor said she witnessed several unmarked cars parked in the driveway. She also said she saw about eight K-9 units on his property for several hours.

“You could tell that they were searching. They had the dogs out and they were going through stuff,” said the neighbor who asked we not use her name. “(They were) walking in and out of their shed, barn…each of their houses, little shacks that they have on their property.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper