IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet somehow this witness noticed the exact time of when this happened.
That got to be pretty unusual, to remember the time to the minute.

Maybe not. If you look at my pics you'll see a clock on the corner of 10th & College Ave.

Maybe not. If you look at my pics you'll see a clock on the corner of 10th & College Ave.

But she would have to look at the clock, and then memorize when she saw it.
Do you remember what you see on the street to the minute?
I sure don't.

Grabbed the wrong photos!! :loser: It's been a long day.

Where's Btown's map with the location of the cameras? Is there any cameras in the vicinity of 10th and college?

Also, when she stated that the man slung LS over his shoulder, that would mean that he had to have been walking?? The witness didnt' state if he came from a car or put LS in a car.

If he was walking, surely there had to have been SOME camera that would have picked him up prior to him running into LS. If he was walking, he would have to live close by??

Was the witness walking or driving? She never stated. SHE had to have been walking too, otherwise she woudln't have noticed so much, and actually heard him talking.

I know the witness is a woman, so she might have felt that she was in danger and didn't intervene...not many of us would know if we would help or not in a situation like that. But once she was safely home a few minutes or so later, wouldn't she call the PD immediately just to let them know that she noticed a man pick up a completely incoherent girl? I would have.

BBM. I don't think there are any other camera's at that intersection. Salzman's office has some, probably aimed at his own building. The Waffle House? Then there is one at the entrance to the alley on 10th St that is facing College...but I don't know what it might have been able to capture.
img00212201106141737.jpg

img00213201106141737.jpg

The camera on the Right, pointed Right is pointing toward College. This is 10th St where the truck was seen by video, to the Left.
2jcu0pl.jpg

True, except that it doesn't hurt that she just got off work, and about how long it takes her to walk there.

She also supposedly remembers the exact time to the minute. Which would suggest to me she believed something strange was going on.

Yes, I agree. Why would someone check their watch or cell phone to see what time it is at that exact moment.

Maybe she knows how long it usually takes her to walk home from work, and she needed to see how long she had been walking so she knew how much longer it would take her to get home.

I can see myself checking the time if I was worried and needed to get out of there asap, and was wondering how many more minutes I had before I got home.

I sure don't.
If I witnessed a scene like she describes, yes, I would note the time.

BBM. I don't think there are any other camera's at that intersection.

There are cameras there, but they don't have a view of the street, or sidewalk.
See the clock? It shows the temperature in the pic.
5edcwh.jpg

Camera
20qx6gz.jpg

Camera's view
2rc8ug3.jpg

Sidewalk facing South.
33wwshi.jpg

True, except that it doesn't hurt that she just got off work, and about how long it takes her to walk there.

We are talking to the minute. Not at 3:30, not at 3:45, but at 3:38-exact.

Her timing is off. If she said this was at 4:38 am, it would make more sense.
but 3:38 am doesn't make sense. CR, MB and JR has no reason to claim Lauren was at their apartments if she wasn't there.

I'm sure she remembers the time. She states that in the article, she remembers looking at it. The bars close at 3am, so it seems appropriate that she would be on her way home at 3:30ish, I certainly would not take until 4:30ish to close the bar down. I'm not saying it's 100% the truth, but you can't discount it just because it doesn't fit with what we've been given so far.

- We've been given that LS dropped CR off at home "around 3am". Confirmed by MB.

- Then we have MB saying she was going to JR's apt.

- Then JR saying he saw her leave at 4:30am.

As far as I know, we don't have any confirmation of MB saying HE SAW HER go into JR's apt., and we don't have any confirmation from JR that she was there from 3:00-4:30. HOWEVER, she was clearly intoxicated, she could have left their building around 3am, instead of going to JR's, possibly ran into someone she knew coming home from the bars, or some other fella? Maybe looking to "party". Possibly she sobered up just a bit and made her way back to JR's after this new alleged sighting?

I agree it doesn't make sense, BUT leaving a bar without your shoes doesn't make sense either. CLEARLY, she wasn't thinking straight.

If I witnessed a scene like she describes, yes, I would note the time.

So you also think that if you thought it was a scene that didn't seem right that you would have noted the time. How long do you believe it would take before you reported it to police?

I think that if it was something the police could catch in action, I would report it right away. Of course we dont know all the details.

There is absolutely no point for JR to say she was in his apartment if she was not there. If she was never there, JR would not even be a POI, I presume.

IF this girl is telling the truth and she was interviewed twice by police including a sketch artist, we know that police know more than the videos they have released are telling us. Who knows if there are other witnesses to corroborate her story, or the suggestion that LS was somewhere other than the boys' apartments after 2:51.

I think you are right. All of a sudden we hear about a witness as well as some additional video that had been found? I don't think it's a coincidence. I don't think they would go to the point of having a sketch artist if they didn't give her some credibility.

Lets say for a moment that this story is true.

What friend in their right mind would let LS leave their apartment in this state of incoherence? If this is true, there is no way she was ever in a position to walk home, alone, barefoot.

I think you are right. All of a sudden we hear about a witness as well as some additional video that had been found? I don't think it's a coincidence. I don't think they would go to the point of having a sketch artist if they didn't give her some credibility.

There is no additional video. It's the same video of LS entering the valley and exiting the valley they have been talking about all the time.

I wonder what day she actually went to police with this info?

I wonder if this girls obsevations has anything to do with the release of the truck photos?

Does that Tony Gatto pay for interviews? Why did she contact him to give him details? Or did he contact her after receiving some inside info?

Sorry, mrsu, that FB is off limits. He has not been named a suspect.

I sure don't.

If this is a college student, she probably had her cell phone in hand and just glanced at it, and subconsciously made a mental note. I do stuff like that ALL THE TIME.

But what about the phone call Lauren supposedly made at 4:15 from JR's phone? or J somebody's phone....
Surely it can be confirmed if a call was made at 4:15AM and if Lauren had been gone for more than half an hour, why would they need to say it was Lauren if it wasn't her?

Maybe this witness' story should be made public, so that girl, if not Lauren, could come forward...

Reading again, the woman doesn't claim to have seen the blonde girl in a bar. She's a bar manager, and had "just come off work". Sounds like she might have been walking home when she witnessed the incident at College and 10th. I'm still very skeptical.

all these young girls walking by themselves at night! Am I the only one who is a fraidy cat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadeeire