IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But she would have to look at the clock, and then memorize when she saw it.
Do you remember what you see on the street to the minute?
I sure don't.

Maybe because I've been reading here to long, but there have been times I saw things that didn't sit right with me for whatever reason and I'll write it down on scrap of paper, times, dates, car tags, etc.

By the way, police have just released the new and improved timeline today. Nothing was said about LS being out on the street at 3:38 am. The truck was driving at 4:14 to 4:24, if LS was out at 3:38 am with some strange man, it would seem this truck had nothing to do with any of it. So why would police be releasing the new timeline and the truck photos if LS was out on the street at 3:38 am with some strange man?

Bear in mind, we're talking about a blog post and information obtained from an anonymous source. Gatto even states LE has "not acknowledged the incident". At this point, it's rumor and hearsay. It might be true, but at this point, none of it can be accepted as fact.

So you also think that if you thought it was a scene that didn't seem right that you would have noted the time. How long do you believe it would take before you reported it to police?

I think that if it was something the police could catch in action, I would report it right away. Of course we dont know all the details.

I've had similar things happen in college and never thought to report a thing to police. If the subject wasn't screaming or obviously resisting, how would one know? College people don't think to call police and report someone for public intoxication, sadly it's a way of college life.

By the way, police have just released the new and improved timeline today. Nothing was said about LS being out on the street at 3:38 am. The truck was driving at 4:14 to 4:24, if LS was out at 3:38 am with some strange man, it would seem this truck had nothing to do with any of it. So why would police be releasing the new timeline and the truck photos if LS was out on the street at 3:38 am with some strange man?

Thats a darn good question.

LE must have acknowledged it if they interviewed her, perhaps they did not acknowledge it to the writer of the article.
It sounds as though LE does not believe this to have been Lauren, not that they do not believe the witness at all.
The alleged 4:15AM call made by Lauren is a sticking point for me...did she really make that call? And if she did not, why would they say she did, if she was safely (well...more or less) out of their apartment and out of their view by then, long before, in fact, if she was seen by this witness?

There is no additional video. It's the same video of LS entering the valley and exiting the valley they have been talking about all the time.

I believe they said they have additional video that they were not prepared to release at this time.

Thats a darn good question.

I don't see any reason for LE to be bombarded with leads on all these trucks if they believed LS was seen at 3:38 am with a strange man.
The truck was driving at 4:14 to 4:24 am, so LE clearly think the time after 4:00 am is important.

http://tonygatto.wordpress.com/

The timing of the witness’s spotting is crucial. She says she noted the exact time, for some reason, after she encountered Lauren. She is adamant that it was exactly 3:38am. Bloomington police today released a timeline that places Lauren in an alley between 10th and 11th streets at 2:51 a.m. with a man who they will not identify. Up until now it has been assumed that it was Rossman captured with Spierer in the video , but these new revelations may prove that it was not Rossman

BBM, did y'all know about this? This is the first I've heard of it.

ETA: I know they released a new timeline but I don't remember reading anything about Lauren being with a man not identified.

I believe they said they have additional video that they were not prepared to release at this time.

They haven't released any videos of LS at all.
Only one photo, and that before she even went to the bar.

True, but there's a big gap between 2:52 and 4:15-4:30. There is a slim possibility that Lauren was not at the boys' apartments that entire time. She might've walked down the street when she left CR's apartment, maybe thinking she'd go back to look for her shoes, phone, etc. She stumbles down to College and 10th, has an encounter with this guy, and makes her way back to JR's. He walks back to his truck and hangs around the neighborhood waiting to see if she'll reappear. At around 4:30, she does. Not that much of a stretch, really.

http://tonygatto.wordpress.com/

The timing of the witness’s spotting is crucial. She says she noted the exact time, for some reason, after she encountered Lauren. She is adamant that it was exactly 3:38am. Bloomington police today released a timeline that places Lauren in an alley between 10th and 11th streets at 2:51 a.m. with a man who they will not identify. Up until now it has been assumed that it was Rossman captured with Spierer in the video , but these new revelations may prove that it was not Rossman

BBM, did y'all know about this? This is the first I've heard of it.

Know about what? The timing? LE had a press-conference today, and revised their timeline to LS being on video in the alley from 2:48 to 2:51 am.

They haven't released any videos of LS at all.
Only one photo, and that before she even went to the bar.

They haven't released any videos of ANYTHING. Only pictures / still shots from those videos.

Know about what? The timing? LE had a press-conference today, and revised their timeline to LS being on video in the alley from 2:48 to 2:51 am.

sorry for being so vague. I edited my original post.

I had heard about the timeline but not that the video showed Lauren with an unidentified person.

I had heard about the timeline but not that the video showed Lauren with an unidentified person.

That's the same video LE originally claimed was of LS with someone at 3:15-3:30 am. Now they say it was at 2:48 am to 2:51 am.
It was right after she left her apartment.

Well, because she could still be out on the street at 4:30. They have no accounting for her after 3am. Perhaps they aren't 100% sure it was her on the corner? If it was, does not mean this person was the kidnapper. Maybe he walked her back to 5 North, up College St. bypassing any cameras. They have not said the truck driver is a suspect, just wanting to know if they have more info, possibly looking to corroborate any of the stories so far.

LE must have acknowledged it if they interviewed her, perhaps they did not acknowledge it to the writer of the article.
It sounds as though LE does not believe this to have been Lauren, not that they do not believe the witness at all.
The alleged 4:15AM call made by Lauren is a sticking point for me...did she really make that call? And if she did not, why would they say she did, if she was safely (well...more or less) out of their apartment and out of their view by then, long before, in fact, if she was seen by this witness?
But we don't know if LE interviewed her. We don't know if what she told Gatto is true. We can't be certain she even exists. Nothing in that post has been verified by authorities.

LE has not publicly identified the man in the video. That doesn't mean they don't know his identity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadeeire