IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not MSM

www.tonygatto.com reports a new witness saw LS "completely out of it" at 3:38 at the corner of 10th and College with a man that she says isn't one of the POIs.

"The witness describes the mystery man as dark-skinned, about 5 feet, nine inches, 160 pounds, defined facial bone-structure and pointed, thin, rounded sideburns. She says he was wearing a polo-style shirt."

If this turns out to be true, then whomever was suspicious of the dark skinned kid that was on the news video may be right. I think his name started with a K? KT? He said that he has seen Lauren before in the building and walking past. I'll try to find it.

True, but there's a big gap between 2:52 and 4:15-4:30. There is a slim possibility that Lauren was not at the boys' apartments that entire time. She might've walked down the street when she left CR's apartment, maybe thinking she'd go back to look for her shoes, phone, etc. She stumbles down to College and 10th, has an encounter with this guy, and makes her way back to JR's. He walks back to his truck and hangs around the neighborhood waiting to see if she'll reappear. At around 4:30, she does. Not that much of a stretch, really.

This is what I thought initially...she happened to walk in and out of places, party hopping. But. This girl left her phone somewhere, so how did she manage to go from hanging w/ MB prior to MB tucking CR into bed, to going outside and banging her head/being slumped on a dude, then somehow conscious enough to see JR again in the same building? Hardly anyone I know rings doorbells anymore; we just call each other and they let us in. 5 north townhomes doesn't look like it is big enough to have a security desk that might let you up if they knew you from many previous visits (after a while the security all knew me and let me up to my bf's while he was too lazy to come down and get me or call downstairs). So she'd most likely call someone to let her back in the building, but sans cell, that's not possible. My guess right now is that this lady saw someone else.

ETA: BTown or any other locals, does 5 north townhomes have a security guard in place? How do people get inside, just regular metal keys or keycards? Any intercoms to allow renters to ID guests and ring them up?

And what, they are keeping it secret? While we are looking for a truck? I find that very hard to believe. She was at that alley at 2:48 am to 2:51 am. The truck was driving at 4:14-4:24 am. If she was seen on camera before 3:00 am slung over some strange man's shoulder, there'd be no point looking for trucks.

jjenny :blowkiss: we are old timers here and we have seen LE hold back information before.

I am just trying to explore all possibilities.

I don't understand how the man in the video at 2:51 is not CR. Did Lauren not walk CR back to his apartment and arrive around 3:00.....and MB was there to confirm that Lauren arrived with CR, who promptly got put to bed. How could another man be in the video with Lauren? How else did CR get back to his apartment...and why would MB state he saw and spoke with Lauren at that time, if it wasn't so?

I agree. There wouldn't be any reason to say that Lauren was at their apartments if she hadn't been. But it is a possibility there was another person in the alley as well. After all there had just been a fight between another group and CR. She could have caught up with CR after talking to another person from the group that was harassing her. All pure speculation.

jjenny :blowkiss: we are old timers here and we have seen LE hold back information before.

I am just trying to explore all possibilities.

Well that would be the most crucial information. I don't think this is a possibility.

I'm curious. I've not seen tonygatto.com until following this thread. The previous posts at the website seem well done. However, this last one raises questions for me. What are the site's and/or writer's credentials? What is their experience?

Wondering this, too.

I've been reading because I've been out for a while... I just wanted to say that in this LS discussion (not just today, but other days as well) I have felt a little put-down by other posters and have also read a few somewhat rude posts towards other people as well. Just wanted to say that we are all just sharing our ideas/speculating/discussing. Getting snarky just makes people less likely to post and, I feel, is unnecessary.

That being said...I wish tonygatto.com would provide some more information as to how this witness account was acquired. If the woman voluntarily contacted him (maybe after reading previous articles on the site about LS and feeling ignored by police?) I don't see what she would have to gain by lying about what she saw/changing it to fit LS description. However, she could be remembering wrong, it could have been a similar looking girl, or perhaps it was LS and LS was not at JR's at that time but was later.

I would definitely like to know what she meant by the description of his skin tone. As someone else mentioned, that could apply to a wide variety of ethnicities/races/skin colors!

5 north townhomes doesn't look like it is big enough to have a security desk that might let you up if they knew you from many previous visits (after a while the security all knew me and let me up to my bf's while he was too lazy to come down and get me or call downstairs). So she'd most likely call someone to let her back in the building, but sans cell, that's not possible. My guess right now is that this lady saw someone else.

No, the doors open directly to the outside. There's no lobby or anything.

Maybe despite her remembering the exact timing, her timing is off? Wouldn't be the first time witness was adamant about something, but incorrect.

I am not sure what it would hurt at this point for LE to show what they have...they don't seem to be getting any closer to finding Lauren as it is...

Know about what? The timing? LE had a press-conference today, and revised their timeline to LS being on video in the alley from 2:48 to 2:51 am.

But this witness is saying she saw Lauren at 3:38 -- which would be very new info. And her description of Lauren's condition would be the first confirmation that she was totally drunk/high.

ncbuckeyecb :) It's hard to 'talk' with a keyboard, because there are no facial expression or tone. I've felt that way and I'm certain most people here have.

And, sometimes we all feel so passionately about what it is we are trying to explain or we are heartbroken or frustrated with cases.

That being said, if I have offended you in any of my posts, I am truly sorry. This is the BEST FORUM with the best and most compassionate posters I have ever met.

We are very glad you joined! :grouphug:

I've been reading because I've been out for a while... I just wanted to say that in this LS discussion (not just today, but other days as well) I have felt a little put-down by other posters and have also read a few somewhat rude posts towards other people as well. Just wanted to say that we are all just sharing our ideas/speculating/discussing. Getting snarky just makes people less likely to post and, I feel, is unnecessary.

That being said...I wish tonygatto.com would provide some more information as to how this witness account was acquired. If the woman voluntarily contacted him (maybe after reading previous articles on the site about LS and feeling ignored by police?) I don't see what she would have to gain by lying about what she saw/changing it to fit LS description. However, she could be remembering wrong, it could have been a similar looking girl, or perhaps it was LS and LS was not at JR's at that time but was later.

I would definitely like to know what she meant by the description of his skin tone. As someone else mentioned, that could apply to a wide variety of ethnicities/races/skin colors!

BBM-Thanks for saying that and ITA!!!!

Hopefully LE will provide additional details in the coming days that will prove/disprove TG's latest revelation.

http://www.aboutus.org/TonyGatto.com

"Tony Gatto is a New York City network news veteran, having held executive positions at CBS and ABC News. Tony worked his way up the ranks starting as a writer and reporter, to eventually take on management positions with responsibilities in programming, operations, technology, marketing and affiliate relations."

Thanks for finding that.

Okay, my meter on Tony Gatto just went up a few notches. But I still want some confirmation.

I am not sure what it would hurt at this point for LE to show what they have...they don't seem to be getting any closer to finding Lauren as it is...

Totally agree. I don't understand why they won't simply confirm who was on the video with LS. What could that possibly hurt?

I dont know that much about LE. However, if a witness had this much crucial information that LE felt it was worth checking out, do they tell the witness to keep the information confidential?

It just seems that LE would want to keep this info private until they were ready to release it. A witness could potential blow the investigation if LE felt close to narrowing in on a suspect.

I dont know that much about LE. However, if a witness had this much crucial information that LE felt it was worth checking out, do they tell the witness to keep the information confidential?

It just seems that LE would want to keep this info private until they were ready to release it. A witness could potential blow the investigation if LE felt close to narrowing in on a suspect.

Very good point. I don't believe generally LE likes witnesses talking to the press, especially if these witnesses might have to testify at any trial. Of course in high profile cases many witnesses talk to the press anyway.

I'm inclined to believe this witness.

gattotony Tony Gatto
New witness came forward asap - you're only hearing about her cause cops are tight-lipped and I found her. Don't disparage her! #findlauren
http://twitter.com/#!/gattotony

NOT MSM, but he does debunk some of the other rumors in his twitter stream.

"The witness describes the mystery man as dark-skinned, about 5 feet, nine inches, 160 pounds, defined facial bone-structure and pointed, thin, rounded sideburns. She says he was wearing a polo-style shirt."

If this turns out to be true, then whomever was suspicious of the dark skinned kid that was on the news video may be right. I think his name started with a K? KT? He said that he has seen Lauren before in the building and walking past. I'll try to find it.

Found it, Keith Turner:

"A neighbor at Rossman's building, Keith Turner, identified the man who reported seeing Spierer last as another neighbor who is good friends with Rossman."

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2011-06-09-missing-indiana-student_n.htm

There was also a video of his interview but now I can't find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Purpleflowerrrs