Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i am just clueless on this case.
there is so little to go on.

and why do the threads keep being closed and new ones opened?? did i miss something?

Le may have an inkling who that vehicle belongs to. They may not have enough info about the perp to make an arrest and are hoping the public helps. They have been very forthcoming in their releases to the public. This is big... they would not have said what they have said. Does anyone know about the known POI's employment? Also, who exactly is included in that 10 count? She may have thrown those keys at that window trying to alert someone. Any thoughts? JMHO... for now.

But is it impossible?

She wouldn't need the IDs in the wallet, the keys or the cell, if she were planning to run away.

Could LS have somehow prepared a get-away bag, and maybe even have arranged a ride to the airport somehow? Placing clothes behind the dumpster sounds more like a person packing, and deciding to throw away some old stuff, than like a murderer or accomplice getting rid of evidence.

Her decision to go out after midnight could have been a way of saying goodbye.

Positive imagination - I personally love it! It would be great if her parents (and all of us) were being "punked" too! This ia an example of thinking which is analogous of "pareidolia" of analysis. IMHO

I sure wish we could read the name on that truck.It is almost near impossible to re size and focus it to see clearly.If it was still,but this is a moving truck.I downloaded some software,and have been working on it.I have not been very successful.I will keep trying and see what I can come up with.

I wonder if her and CR were maybe slipped something or were they that intoxicated from the beginning? Why was the friends sighting of her at 11th and College walking home discounted so quickly? I wonder if his phone was looked at?

Positive imagination - I personally love it! It would be great if her parents (and all of us) were being "punked" too! This ia an example of thinking which is analogous of "pareidolia" of analysis. IMHO

There have been cases where women run away or faked their own abductions. I don't think this is one of these cases. For one, she has been missing for almost two weeks with no sign of her whatsoever.

Did the name of the POI who passed the lie detector test ever come out??

i am just clueless on this case.
there is so little to go on.

and why do the threads keep being closed and new ones opened?? did i miss something?

It seems a new thread is started when the posts are around 500 or 600, so this one will probably be closed soon.

Sometimes college acquaintances tend to gather in one bar, not pre-planned, but casually stopping by late at night when they are free. She may have gone with CR, but have been hoping to see the old gang one last time.

Also, alcohol wears off. We don't know how intoxicated she may or may not have been at say 4:30 am.

Yes, but she also left her shoes at Kilroy's and did not return home to get more shoes. Sadly, it just doesn't seem likely that she ran away.

I thought LS had more than one roommate based on a TV interview two of her hometown friends gave.
http://video.foxnews.com/v/984551229001

Here it is in an article, and more at link.

Spierer, two of her three Indiana University roommates, her boyfriend and several other friends all went to the same group of Jewish, co-ed sleepaway camps in Wayne County, in northeast Pennsylvania. Spierer, a student from Greenburgh, has now been missing for two weeks.

At Camp Towanda, the petite fashionista had a summer romance with Jesse Wolff, a slightly older kid from Long Island who would become her college boyfriend.

http://www.lohud.com/article/201106...college-student?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|News

I was searching "missing white woman syndrome" and this popped up on the second page of googlehits: mypage.iu.edu/~chrmatth/missingpersonspaper.doc

No author, no date, no bibliography. From one of those "mypages" that apparently all IU students have to make (one of the previous threads had LS's plus a few of the POIs' mypages).

Could this have anything to do with the case or is it just unfortunate coincidence?

No, don't think so, this supposed syndrome has gotten a LOT of media attention.

Historically, governments and religious organizations serving the interests of government, have sometimes encouraged attitudes of extreme self-blame, which can immobilize people politically, esp. if they already have religious tendencies. Much easier to claim that God is punishing people for not being virtuous enough than to deal with food, housing and job shortages.

Similarly, it's much easier these days for the powers-that-be to blame the public for a supposedly racist obsession with the fate of White college & university students than to deal with the problem that campuses are just not safe.

I'm going to push back against the theory that it's Lauren sitting in the back of the truck :)

Part of what I do is 3D Modeling so I'm used to looking at how scales are relative to one another. The information I've been able to find say the back tires are likely on 22" rims (That was on TonyGatto's site) and the Chevy 1500 Short Bed is 69" long. If anyone can correct these numbers I'd be up for hearing it but based on the 30 min of research I have done, those are the numbers I can find. So - based on that ...

1902021.jpg

It looks like that comes out about right if those are the correct numbers.

Now if we project those measurements on the object in the back of the truck and lets assume for a moment that it is a person ... with its legs bent up. Ill be conservative and assume that based on the image that 'person' is taking up half of the bed or 34.5"

That would make their lower half 2.75 feet long, and that's before you extend the legs (as they are presumably bent up). This would be a 7 foot tall person.

Please check my numbers ... but in all my estimations I went with the more conservative possibility and still end up with someone 2 feet taller than Lauren.

Just for reference the short bed truck is about a foot longer than Lauren is tall. That 58" line would be Lauren's height relative to the truck depth. Just eyeball it and see if that's possible given the proportions of the object.

I'm certain that is not Lauren in the back of the truck.

hmm i wonder why?

thanks so much for the reply!
It's mostly a matter of organization. Threads can sometimes become like runaway trains if they go on for too long, with many different aspects of a case spread out all over the place. If someone comes along later and wants to review previous events, it's easier if the information is encapsulated into chapters, so to speak. And after too many posts the discussion can grow sour. A new thread provides a fresh start.

Speaking of which, we might let this one run through this evening, and I'll open a new one in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18