IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would sure like to know if the initial reports that there were others at JR's apartment late in the evening (when he states she left to walk home) are true.

IMHO, I suspect there were others at JR's apartment earlier in the evening (12:30), before the group went home/Kilroys. But I doubt there were others at 4:30 who have spoken up. I suspect that either LS was alone with JR or LS was with a group and when something went wrong, it was decided they were not to mention being there to LE and to go with the story that JR is currently giving.

Of course, there is plenty that LE hasn't shared, so who knows?

Here's another thought: Perhaps one of the POIs has a similar truck. Maybe they put this one out there to put pressure on whoever has that similar truck. Now that THIS truck has been ruled out, puts POIs back on the hot seat about THEIR truck. Does anyone know what kinds of vehicle these POIs drove or had access to driving?

I wonder if CR has pressed charges against the frat boys who beat him up that night. Seems like everyone wants to stay under the radar.

I wonder if CR has pressed charges against the frat boys who beat him up that night. Seems like everyone wants to stay under the radar.

Great point. This, in combination with the report that CR did not seek any medical attention after the attack, leads me to believe that someone has some 'splainin' to do......

He was committing the crime of trespassing when he was punched. I don't think pressing charges would be a good idea.

If she needed shoes why didnt the guy give her his to wear . and his jacket hell i woulda given her my boxers to keep her warm..

That made me laugh. (the boxers).:great:
I don't remember the guys in either undergrad or grad school being gentleman.
Also LS was a very petite girl and I imagine even if he offered she probably is a size 5 shoe and if she were drunk then walking might have been a challenge let alone in a guys shoes....I'd presume they'd be at least a size 10. Heck my teenaged boys wear 12's and 13's.

On the Herald-Times today there was an interesting picture of how Kilroy's relates to Smallwood from a high point of view. There are some other interesting pictures there -- The photo album is located here
http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/pages/spierer_photos

If I could figure out how to post an individual picture up here I can but so far the only thing I can figure out requires a link to a url.

Don't frat boys pledge an oath when entering the frat? Would this be the reason that everyone seems to be covering for one another? Sorry, I don't know anything about fraternaties...

wm

I am starting to wonder just how 'unrelated' that other murder really is.
The perp in that murder might well have been in the area since his victim's
purse was found '. . .between Spierer’s apartment building and
another building she visited that night. . .'

Since the last aricle I read on the subject has the supposed perp in the
'unrelated' murder still on the loose and yet his victim who was found in
her home, stabbed, has her purse found where stated above I have to ask
myself if the perp of that 'unrelated' murder was still in the general area
when Lauren disappeared.

The purse being found in the general area argues that he was there at
some point in time. I know in that case it was alleged to be a
boyfriend/girlfriend dispute gone wrong but we don't know what state of
mind that guy was in.
Links provided in post 156.

However to be so certain the two events are 'unrelated' I would wonder
if LE has reason to believe it very likely they have a handle on what
happened in Lauren's case.

Not saying those she knew are not also good prospects but this other crime
seems too very coincidental to be casually dismissed.

Great point. This, in combination with the report that CR did not seek any medical attention after the attack, leads me to believe that someone has some 'splainin' to do......

CR could very well not remember a thing prior to the 15 min before he entered Smallwood. Only thing is, I have never believed it's because from any temporary, or even mild head injury. IMO, he doesn't recall anything due to alcohol and/or possible recreational substance abuse that night.

I am beginning to wonder if the alleged siting (by the bar server walking home) of Lauren and the dark man has credence. Does anyone know if this alleged siting was also where Lauren's keys/purse were found? My curiosity is growing about the young man (AA) who saw lauren's keys and whose friend allegedly found them and put them on the rail a few hrs later. We haven't heard another word about it.

As far as the potential for the friends involvement in disposing of Lauren after an OD, there was only one that has stated publicly that he wasn't partying that night due to writing 2 papers. Wonder what kind of car he drives?

I am glad the truck was ruled out so that our fellow sleuths in Bloomington aren't worried and suspicious about every white truck in town. I am now convinced that Lauren knew whoever is responsible for her disappearance.

Where's Lauren?

MOO

wm

You just made me think: Have we seen a photo of the guy who found the keys -- AMIN? Has he been on TV? He could be the guy the woman saw.

Does Smallwood have a loading dock area or a place where furniture is moved in and out, I wonder, out of camera range?

Everybody's been moving stuff in and out the front door, There is a parking lot at the rear on Morton.

So...the white truck is ruled out. I get that.

But let me get this straight. Camera times were off. Truck only went around block once. Then HOW can they have someone turning right from 11th onto Morton blowing through the stop sign and then circling the block and going straight thru the stop sign on 11th and Morton the second time????

I'm not saying the white truck is involved, but how can the police put this statement out there if it simply wasn't the case????????????

VERY helpful - except from the information given today, it doesn't appear he went around the block, but rather, drove one time through that area. So he wouldn't have been on the road they thought he was, where Lauren was supposed to be walking. She would have been eye-catching - shoeless, carrying nothing, staggering, at 4:30 a.m. Memorable. But it doesn't seem the truck actually took the loop they thought.

I didn't get that. Cops had said flat out that it was two shots at two different times from the same camera. IT's a waste to talk about this cause the vehicle is out of the investigation -- but it seems like the cops messed up some basic facts.

CR could very well not remember a thing prior to the 15 min before he entered Smallwood. Only thing is, I have never believed it's because from any temporary, or even mild head injury. IMO, he doesn't recall anything due to alcohol and/or possible recreational substance abuse that night.

I can easily agree with that.

Does the unanswered call to DB at 4:15 am have any significance?

rewind slightly - was asked about a specific time - 3:38 was there info, video confirmation - answer: a lot on info coming in but we will not tell you everyone we speak to or all tip info provided -

I think this question/answer relates to the Tony Gatto (not MSM) story of Lauren being seen at that time

The question today came from a Fox 59 reporter -- but it was based on the Tony Gatto story.
http://tonygatto.wordpress.com/2011...n-spierer-mystery-encounter-with-unknown-man/

You just made me think: Have we seen a photo of the guy who found the keys -- AMIN? Has he been on TV? He could be the guy the woman saw.

That is exactly what I was thinking!!! But didn't wanna come right out and say it:innocent:

I don't recall seeing any photos or media interviews of him. Something about his story gives me pause. but so do all the others' stories.:maddening:

wm

Does the unanswered call to DB at 4:15 am have any significance?

Yes HT says it was Lauren using JR's phone cause her's was missing. HT had to have gotten that info from JR. So either you believe that Lauren was able to dial or at least hold a conversation or it was actually JR using HIS OWN phone. You make the call!

Asking about witness who saw L at 4:30AM, -Le says we are not in a position to say that it did not happen, trying to figure out what DID happen

Somebody said that was Tony Gatto who asked the first question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dirtbag