IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the sightings of Lauren in the alley, and for the truck, the times LE is relaying on are based on the video clock that keeps time of when the video is taken. If the video clock was not set accurately, I suppose these times could also be off, although I don't recall LE saying the times on the video are inaccurate.

it is possible they did not got to CR's apartment because MB was home.

also, i believe her place was closer to kilroy's.

I work for a greek organization in Indianapolis. I was talking to a co-worker today and we were talking about the LS case. Another one of our co-workers was on a greek board at Indiana University when JW's fraternity was closed. Apparently they were closed because of the drug use among it's members. This explains why JW's (along with others) membership was revoked. I remember reading this in an article last week. My co-worker also told me that the owner/developer of Smallwood and the apartment complex that JR and CR/MB live is a member of the same fraternity that JW was part of. From what I understand, he was very upset and made lots of threats when the fraternity was closed at Indiana University, which indicates to me that he is still very involved with the university and the fraternity. If something happened to LS when she was with either JR or JW, I wonder if maybe they would have called the owner/developer to help dispose of and hide LS's body. Maybe that is why Smallwood appeared to not have been cooperative in the beginning......

I do not believe she was coherent after 3:00 am and think she was unconscious by 4:00 and died from complications of drug/alcohol use and her heart condition. She was not likely alone when this happened because her body would more likely have been discovered.

I do not think it is likely she was abducted for many reasons cited in this thread and additionally because I think she was too wasted and would have been too much trouble.

I don't want to believe that a bf would know what happened and not share it with her parents. However, I do not believe he went to sleep until morning at 2:30, without having connected with LS and llikely having been informed of her whereabouts/condition. The first reports of his behavior on the morning of June 4, if accurate, have him saying how worried he was. Parents worry, bf's get angry. So I question this.

imho

It has been reported that he was very angry that evening. Anger, after a while, turns to worry. Considering everything we now know he must have been having grave doubts about this relationship, and was probably considering not continuing. That dulls the anger too.

For the sightings of Lauren in the alley, and for the truck, the times LE is relaying on are based on the video clock that keeps time of when the video is taken. If the video clock was not set accurately, I suppose these times could also be off, although I don't recall LE saying the times on the video are inaccurate.

I do recall LE saying they can't be positive about the exact times, but I can't find the link now, have been looking...it struck me as odd at the time.

I work for a greek organization in Indianapolis. I was talking to a co-worker today and we were talking about the LS case. Another one of our co-workers was on a greek board at Indiana University when JW's fraternity was closed. Apparently they were closed because of the drug use among it's members. This explains why JW's (along with others) membership was revoked. I remember reading this in an article last week. My co-worker also told me that the owner/developer of Smallwood and the apartment complex that JR and CR/MB live is a member of the same fraternity that JW was part of. From what I understand, he was very upset and made lots of threats when the fraternity was closed at Indiana University, which indicates to me that he is still very involved with the university and the fraternity. If something happened to LS when she was with either JR or JW, I wonder if maybe they would have called the owner/developer to help dispose of and hide LS's body. Maybe that is why Smallwood appeared to not have been cooperative in the beginning......

You lost me there. Since you work for a greek organization, you know how they work. Sometimes a chapter has to go on probation because they are embarrassing the organization, and sometimes they have to be completely shut down because they are causing such destruction and liability to the organization. When that happens, the alums are embarrassed and not happy at all at the individual bad apples who caused their chapter to be sanctioned.

An alum would not be willing to run to the aid of the bad apple frat boys and hide a dead girl.

I do recall LE saying they can't be positive about the exact times, but I can't find the link now, have been looking...it struck me as odd at the time.

It wouldn't be odd because the times will be based on internal video clock that keeps time of when the video is taken. This clock needs to be set, and if not set accurately, the exact time on video could be off.

You lost me there. Since you work for a greek organization, you know how they work. Sometimes a chapter has to go on probation because they are embarrassing the organization, and sometimes they have to be completely shut down because they are causing such destruction and liability to the organization. When that happens, the alums are embarrassed and not happy at all at the individual bad apples who caused their chapter to be sanctioned.

An alum would not be willing to run to the aid of the bad apple frat boys and hide a dead girl.

You are correct-the chapter was closed because of the drug use among it's members and those members are no longer recognized by the national organization. And, no, alums aren't always necessarily embarrased. Many times, they are quite angry when their their chapter is closed. From what I understand, it was the university that kicked them off of campus. Here is a portion of another WS post about it:

He's in an off-campus Jewish fraternity with no house referred to as APES. Long story short: they were kicked off campus for one reason another when they were known as AEPi. This past year AEPi was started again and will have a house on campus, but none of the existing members of the off-campus fraternity were allowed into the new AEPi and they can no longer refer to themselves as AEPi brothers, so they go by APES.

From what I have learned from co-workers, many of the APES, which include JR and JW, have what is described as a "underground" fraternity. Many of them live in Smallwood and JR's complex because the owner is a member of AEPi. This might explain how JW's friends got into Smallwood when the confrontation with CR occured. It seems that he has a positive relationship with these ex-AEPi members. He was upset that nationals closed the chapter and revoked memberships.

It wouldn't be odd because the times will be based on internal video clock that keeps time of when the video is taken. This clock needs to be set, and if not set accurately, the exact time on video could be off.

It struck me as odd because it would seem like a priority to go check the camera clock and see if its accurate or incorrect. A difference of 3 or 4 min makes a huge difference in this timeline.

It struck me as odd that LE had not done that. But then there is always more to these things than I think.

It struck me as odd because it would seem like a priority to go check the camera clock and see if its accurate or incorrect. A difference of 3 or 4 min makes a huge difference in this timeline.

It struck me as odd that LE had not done that. But then there is always more to these things than I think.

I think they did do it. Remember at the beginning LE said they had video of her in the valley at 3:15-3:30 (which never made much sense) and then changed it to 2:48-2:51. So I presume it was due to such clock discrepancy which LE corrected.

You are correct-the chapter was closed because of the drug use among it's members and those members are no longer recognized by the national organization. And, no, alums aren't always necessarily embarrased. Many times, they are quite angry when their their chapter is closed. From what I understand, it was the university that kicked them off of campus. Here is a portion of another WS post about it:

He's in an off-campus Jewish fraternity with no house referred to as APES. Long story short: they were kicked off campus for one reason another when they were known as AEPi. This past year AEPi was started again and will have a house on campus, but none of the existing members of the off-campus fraternity were allowed into the new AEPi and they can no longer refer to themselves as AEPi brothers, so they go by APES.

From what I have learned from co-workers, many of the APES, which include JR and JW, have what is described as a "underground" fraternity. Many of them live in Smallwood and JR's complex because the owner is a member of AEPi. This might explain how JW's friends got into Smallwood when the confrontation with CR occured. It seems that he has a positive relationship with these ex-AEPi members. He was upset that nationals closed the chapter and revoked memberships.

I think everything you're saying is correct, except that AEPi was disbanded for hazing, not drug use. It may be that there was rampant drug and alcohol use additionally.

http://newsinfo.iu.edu/news/page/normal/7312.html

Ernie Reno, the spokesperson for Smallwood Plaza, describes the location as a Class A property that is an investment for residents who can afford to live there.

http://idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81966

An investment? How? Like a co-op or condo purchase?

Oh...

...chose Smallwood after their freshmen year because they didn’t want to “go greek,” and they felt it was the closest thing to the fraternity and sorority atmosphere. “It’s like a separate bubble from IU,” S said. “You don’t have to go to the bars to have a party. When you’re living with sophomores and juniors, if you’re going to pregame it’s easier to do it when you’re all under one roof.”

Investment: LOL

Smallwood costs more per month for a 2-bdrm than my mortgage...:(

The problem is all the info of what LS did when she went back to CR,MB,JR apartment comes from their lawyers.I do not think the police have collaborated any of it.Even the phone call.

Too me, it just looks really bad that he left. Like he doesn't care at all. I realize he may not be allowed to search but he could still be there supporting her parents or as others have said, handing out water/food to the searchers. And if he has nothing to hide...

To me, it means nothing. THe guy is 21 years old, and his girlfriend dissapeared.he is probably facing a lot of accusations, possibly even by LS's parents, and has no one for a support system. This kid is young. He is not allowed to help. That would probably include handing out water and food. If this were his doing, this case would be solved. I am convinced of this.

Isn't PC in another hour? They said 11:30...isn't it 10:30 there now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satchel7