IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked last week I think and there were a lot. Triple digits, if I recall.

Keep in mind that many, if not most, of the RSO's near Lauren's apartment are individuals incarcerated in the Monroe County Jail.

Haven't read much today...can someone update me as to why the truck is a moot point now?

Thanks

BPD said they made contact with the truck owner, processed the vehicle, and can confirm it was absolutely not involved.

Haven't read much today...can someone update me as to why the truck is a moot point now?

Thanks

LE said so in a PC today, that they found the owner, spent time with him as he showed them where and why he drove where he did (to pick up an employee) and are satisfied, after speaking to employee, etc...he is ruled out.

In your other photos, can't you see the four lights mounted on the building? One is clearly visible in this photo.

Yes.
Do you suppose they light up the corner at 11th & College Ave so Lauren can be seen?

Old-Time says he may go out tonight and see what the conditions are so we have a better idea if she could be seen or not.
zsp9ub.jpg

To be even more clear though.
I've seen the reports that indicate the LE say JR saw her turn the corner.
I've see one of the other guys attorney say JR says he saw her turn the corner.
But I must've overlooked the reports that specifically say where he was when he saw her turn the corner.
Its tough to keep up with everything, did I overlook those? Can anybody link those? Sorry I'm a bit behind on that.

I remember in a previous websleuths case of a missing college student
who had been out partying the missing person was finally found dead in
some sort of a maintenance room on campus that should have been
locked but for some reason it was not locked & the missing person had
wandered in when trying to find his way to his own room & I think had
gotten too close to some high voltage stuff in the room & had died.

So before I conclude wrong doing in this case I would want to be certain
Lauren did not similarly duck into a wrong room somewhere.

I also would want to see some evidence that could help rule out runaway
or time out sort of thing.

I am not ignoring the possibility of an out & out crime but I am hoping it
was something else. For instance if she just died of the stress of the
evenings activities & her heart condition & someone thought they had killed her
(maybe they were tussling a bit or arguing with her when she died)
her body might have been hidden away by someone who believed he/she
had killed her.

Perhaps such a thing might be easier to 'fess up to if it was presented in
a sympathetic manner etc.

Might be very difficult to get a confession of out and out murder.

So far it seems the truck lead has been laid to rest & the coincidental &
unrelated murder also (My thanks to Long-time local for the helpful
clarification about the wanted perp in the murder.)

I have seen no new evidence of a stranger being introduced into the
events of that night (although I do remember a another case where
the bouncer for a bar turned out to be the perp in the disappearance
and murder of a young woman who was out partying & although
not impossible in this case no one has shown any evidence at all of such a
thing) and all of this leaves us with two main possibilities (unless new
evidence comes to light.)

Someone she knew and who was there the night of her disappearance
was involved in whatever happened to her or she walked away
on her own & just has not returned for reasons of her own.

From reading posts here it sounds as if possibly some holes are being
poked in one person's reported claims of what hapened that night so for
the moment that tips the balance in favor of her disappearance being the
result of someone she knew and who was there having been involved in
some way with her disappearance.

Anyone have other info?

Good evening, everyone. I'm still getting caught up, but it doesn't seem like we learned anything new today. At least we can stop speculating about the truck. But such a shame for Lauren's parents who still have no answers.

does anyone know what the definition of a POI is??.. just curious b/c I am not 100% sure

does anyone know what the definition of a POI is??.. just curious b/c I am not 100% sure

From the way I understand it, it has different meanings to different law enforcement agencies. But basically, it means that law enforcement is looking very hard at a certain person in particular.

There are three openings to Smallwoods underground garage. Does anyone know where the cameras are pointing?

On 9th, and 8th they are just out of sight inside on the concrete ceiling joist IIRC.

On Morton I'll have to think about it or go there to remember. Thats the side they take the garbage out, and its gated, but foot traffic can pass thru. Theres an elevator just inside to the left.

Early in the investigation into Lauren's disappearance (June 7):
The Bloomington Police Department said Tuesday that anyone seen with Indiana University student Lauren Spierer in the hours before her disappearance is considered a "person of interest," though no suspects have been identified.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/0...indiana-college-student-lauren/#ixzz1PrqyYEi9

I am not ignoring the possibility of an out & out crime but I am hoping it
was something else. For instance if she just died of the stress of the
evenings activities & her heart condition & someone thought they had killed her
(maybe they were tussling a bit or arguing with her when she died)
her body might have been hidden away by someone who believed he/she
had killed her.

Perhaps such a thing might be easier to 'fess up to if it was presented in
a sympathetic manner etc.

This has been on my mind a lot. What if I (say, I am a friend out partying with her) didn't know about her heart condition, & I thought that something that I did or supplied her killed her? I'm not really sensible since maybe I'm in an "altered state" too, so I panic and do something to hide the body. Then, even when I learn about this heart condition, I'm not necessarily going to jump at the chance to tell the truth. First of all, I'll probably still feel guilty. Second, I don't want to get caught with illegal substances - neither having, using, nor supplying. Third, the longer I've kept the secret already, the harder it is to come forward. Phew.

Yes.
Do you suppose they light up the corner at 11th & College Ave so Lauren can be seen?

Old-Time says he may go out tonight and see what the conditions are so we have a better idea if she could be seen or not.
zsp9ub.jpg

To be even more clear though.
I've seen the reports that indicate the LE say JR saw her turn the corner.
I've see one of the other guys attorney say JR says he saw her turn the corner.
But I must've overlooked the reports that specifically say where he was when he saw her turn the corner.
Its tough to keep up with everything, did I overlook those? Can anybody link those? Sorry I'm a bit behind on that.

I hope you go out and check. If there are not lights all upto College Ave, I don't think he could have seen her. When you are in the light or looking through a light at night, it is very difficult to see past where the illumination ends.

On 9th, and 8th they are just out of sight inside on the concrete ceiling joist IIRC.

On Morton I'll have to think about it or go there to remember. Thats the side they take the garbage out, and its gated, but foot traffic can pass thru. Theres an elevator just inside to the left.

I was wondering if Lauren headed down Morton, had she attempted to enter the garage on Morton, could she have just walked in, you helped me with that one. I also noticed that W 8th is a one way street, so persons coming out of the parking garage on that side would HAVE to make a left turn. Thank you.

I remember in a previous websleuths case of a missing college student
who had been out partying the missing person was finally found dead in
some sort of a maintenance room on campus that should have been
locked but for some reason it was not locked & the missing person had
wandered in when trying to find his way to his own room & I think had
gotten too close to some high voltage stuff in the room & had died.

So before I conclude wrong doing in this case I would want to be certain
Lauren did not similarly duck into a wrong room somewhere.

Anyone have other info?

Ironically, that was at Purdue University in Lafayette Indiana.

LE claims to have searched the entire downtown, so I hope that includes janitorial closets, etc...

Yes, I have heard that some cameras only take a limited amount of frame shots, so possible for a car to be missed completely at a high rate of speed for instance - so this may explain it.
When the police were asked by the press about things the general public were claiming to see in the back of the truck they said when you observe the video in motion that was not the case.So at least one of these cameras was not frame shot.I wonder if they even looked into this in depth until they found the driver and he claimed he never circled the block.Just another police department that does not instill confidence in me.

When the police were asked by the press about things the general public were claiming to see in the back of the truck they said when you observe the video in motion that was not the case.So at least one of these cameras was not frame shot.I wonder if they even looked into this in depth until they found the driver and he claimed he never circled the block.Just another police department that does not instill confidence in me.

We were discussing the camera clock just before the press-conference, and I thought police have figured out if the clocks were correct or not before updating and releasing that timeline. I guess not. However LE never said it couldn't have been a person in the back of that truck. They just said they don't know what's in the back of it because the image was too fuzzy.

I was wondering if Lauren headed down Morton, had she attempted to enter the garage on Morton, could she have just walked in, you helped me with that one. I also noticed that W 8th is a one way street, so persons coming out of the parking garage on that side would HAVE to make a left turn. Thank you.

If you also look at the map on page one, it does not look like any cameras cover the Morton side of Smallwood. I would bet there is a camera or cameras inside that parking garage. PGs are inherently unsafe and prone to attacks and vandalism.

It sure seems odd that Smallwood did not give full access even after served with a search warrant. One article mentions that the police had to bust into a few areas.

I am more concerned about the parking situation where JR lived. Is there a garage? Are there cameras? One of link in this chain of friends is weak and will break soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member