DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember in a previous websleuths case of a missing college student
who had been out partying the missing person was finally found dead in
some sort of a maintenance room on campus that should have been
locked but for some reason it was not locked & the missing person had
wandered in when trying to find his way to his own room & I think had
gotten too close to some high voltage stuff in the room & had died.

So before I conclude wrong doing in this case I would want to be certain
Lauren did not similarly duck into a wrong room somewhere.

If you believe the police they claim to have searched all of Bloomington.Do you believe?

.(sorry docwho apparently I need some work on editing a quote)

I remember in a previous websleuths case of a missing college student
who had been out partying the missing person was finally found dead in
some sort of a maintenance room on campus that should have been
locked but for some reason it was not locked & the missing person had
wandered in when trying to find his way to his own room & I think had
gotten too close to some high voltage stuff in the room & had died.

So before I conclude wrong doing in this case I would want to be certain
Lauren did not similarly duck into a wrong room somewhere.

If you believe the police they claim to have searched all of Bloomington.Do you believe?

.(sorry docwho apparently I need some work on editing a quote)

It sounds like LE feels they have done a thorough search of the Bloomington area.. i know they mentioned that they are now moving the search to the "outer" portions of Monroe County.

But then again, you never know

Keith Turner, a resident at 5 North who has seen her walk by (but not to mean THAT night)
video here:
http://www.fox59.com/videobeta/?watchId=93c4c94c-7de5-4946-bf5f-b50c491a1f11

Thank you, that was the video I was looking for. So, that guy in the video didn't say he saw her out his window that night. I was just trying to find out where the first report of someone saw her from their window came from. I know there was a lot of confusion early on because the media and everyone pretty much thought she was with CR last, only to find out it was JR.

Thanks again for hunting down that vid!

Here's a view of the corner where LS is supposed to have last been seen from the sidewalk in front of 5 North Townhomes just after dark tonight. The lights on 5 North do not illuminate the sidewalk past the edges of the building, and you can see that delineated clearly in this picture. The sidewalk is just suddenly dark. The intersection is lit up by the traffic light to some degree (a green light in this case) and the street light on the opposite corner doesn't light up the corner that LS was on. The only thing that would have made LS visible would have been her hair and her white shirt, and only then if JR was standing on the sidewalk (or perhaps a balcony-- see Btown's picture above). IMO, there's no way anyone looked out a window into the darkness at the end of this street and saw LS round the corner.
tzl6w.jpg

I'm seeing shades of Kelly Nolan all over this thing. [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51128"]Found Deceased WI-Kelly Nolan, 22, Madison, 23 June 2007 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame] As the authorities seem to have thoroughly searched the Bloomington area, it seems as though barring some kind of confession, it may be a waiting game before someone stumbles upon a body somewhere in the surrounding area, but outside of Bloomington proper. I'm not ready to rule out the involvement of her social circle, but I also think that such a group of apparently immature and irresponsible adults would have a hard time covering their tracks and keeping their stories together.

Here's a view of the corner where LS is supposed to have last been seen from the sidewalk in front of 5 North Townhomes just after dark tonight. The lights on 5 North do not illuminate the sidewalk past the edges of the building, and you can see that delineated clearly in this picture. The sidewalk is just suddenly dark. The intersection is lit up by the traffic light to some degree (a green light in this case) and the street light on the opposite corner doesn't light up the corner that LS was on. The only thing that would have made LS visible would have been her hair and her white shirt, and only then if JR was standing on the sidewalk (or perhaps a balcony-- see Btown's picture above). IMO, there's no way anyone looked out a window into the darkness at the end of this street and saw LS round the corner.
tzl6w.jpg

Great photo! Anyone you know with a white shirt could stand at the corner? lol.

tzl6w.jpg

This is exactly what I was talking about. When you are in the light, you can't see out of it into the darkness. Probably because your pupils are small. You can't see the one way sign either and that would actually reflect light, so I doubt he could see her either. The other factor is a camera can see more than a human. It brights everything up.

I am starting to wonder how they got her out of that building to dispose of her. They admit she was there. Something happened and they got rid of the evidence.

Since you have walked and photoed this area so much I am wondering if she was abducted off the street how and where you think this happened.

I've pondered it as I walked the route. Not being able to get inside the mind of a kidnapper makes it difficult to say. The only mindset I can relate it to is an ambush, and there are several spots that would be good for an ambush. But it could be as simple as someone luring her into one of the houses along the street under the guise of partying.

If it was an abduction, and if JR's statement about seeing her turn the corner is correct, and if she took the most direct route toward Smallwood, the first place would be the Dr.s office just South of the intersection of 11th & College Ave. A van could pull into the Dr. driveway as she walked down the sidewalk and made an easy snatch. They would keep going thru the Dr. driveway and wind up on Morton. No cameras, but its not a good ambush site because there is no cover. There are people living all around you, and the timing would have to be perfect. Waiting somewhere on 11th or College until moments after she was last seen, and she got to the right spot. Then drive South quickly. Pull into the driveway to grab her without been seen or heard. That would have had to be a crime of opportunity not planning, and they would have been extraordinarily lucky to pull it off. Lying in wait is not too good because of a lack of cover. Cops driving by or tow trucks gonna getcha.

Next would be the alley beside 10th & College apartments. Its dark. The lights on the building not working. Plenty of bushes to hide you or your vehicle. Easy work for an ambush. Except if you used a vehicle the camera at the corner of the alley and the alley (North west side of the apartments) would have you. You would have to take the fuse out of your taillights and brakes, then back into the alley from College, but don't back in far or the camera gets you. Then lay in wait until she got there. Without a vehicle you would have to pull her in the house, or hold her in the shadows till a buddy pulled along the road to pick you up, (very risky).

Next would be the walkway along the businesses under the 10th & College Apartments. But if they then took her up the alley, or around the corner on 10th the camera gets em. There's nowhere to go without a vehicle lying in wait. Getting her to the vehicle is very risky. Theres no cover to remove her.

Next would be the alley South of 10th that runs beside the museum. Its dark. Plenty of cover. Nobody in any apartments beside you. No cameras. Pulling in as she walks up, or lying in wait are both options. 3 ways out. Driving out of the alley takes you to Morton if you've just pulled in, but camera get you going North on Morton. Going south means driving behind the jail. Going North on the alley and the camera gets you. Going South on the alley puts you at Smallwood, and you have to turn right, then your at Morton with either direction being not good options. Pulling out onto College is better but still toward the jail unless you turn left (East) onto 8th. But this spot rules out the scream being heard 3 blocks away IMO, if that report is correct.

Next would be the lot just before Smallwood. Its dark. There is cover. Pulling in for a snatch or lying in wait are both options. If you pull in for a snatch your facing Morton. 3 ways out. You can go on Morton, or go up the alley that runs to Smallwood, or to 10th but you will get on camera if you go North either on Morton, or the alley. South to Smallwood seems safe, but then you would have to turn North toward the cameras on Morton or South toward the jail. Risky. If you lay in wait, you could snatch and go out onto College. That puts you driving by the jail unless you turn east on 8th.

Thats about it for ambush tactics. On the surface there are several good spots, but the getaway is difficult in most of those.
Conning someone into your house or vehicle is a different scenario.

I've been following this case via Fox News - they often have the girl's parents on in the mornings. I was wondering if there are any bodies of water nearby where she went missing? I recall a few cases within the last few years regarding intoxicated college students who went missing -- only to find that they had somehow wound up in a nearby lake/pond and drowned.

Also, since I have been reading this form is the first time I have come across any information about her possible drug use/drug activity. The TV news has never mentioned this -- perhaps afraid of scaring people away who may be forthcoming with info? Seems like the more information they provided, the better tips they may receive.

Pcsmith your killing me.Apparently you quoted my post before I could figure out how to delete it,The last line in the quote.If you believe... was my response to docwho.That was not part of his/her comment.Once again my apology's docwho.

Btown-

It has been a few years since I have been down there, but I remember Bloomington being relatively "quiet" in the summer sessions

Just wondering what the party scene is like there late at night.. or how crowded it is??

I know....I think it was a hunch due to the angle of the cameras. One looked like it turned the other made it look like it went straight. From my understanding, they are not video camera just still frames taken every so many minutes or seconds.

Oh, if it's just still frames then that makes more sense. All along I thought it was video.

Does anyone know what day JR left town?

Also, I think maybe this was cited ages ago, but I can't find it now:

This article has CR's neighbour saying he saw him "the next morning" looking for Lauren:

"Supposedly he had that big altercation, but he didn't look like anything happened to him," said senior Chris Malone, who saw Corey the next morning, Feb. 4.

Rossman was outside his apartment, asking Malone if he'd seen Spierer.

"What's up boys?" Malone quoted Rossman as telling him. "Did you happen to see a little blond girl?"
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2011-06-12-lauren-spierer-missing_n.htm

The next morning obviously has a typo and should read JUNE 4. She went missing the morning of June 3, but earlier in that same article, they say she went missing the morning of June 4. That implies to me that he saw CR the morning of June 3rd - saying he saw him the morning after the altercation. If so, why was he looking for her that morning? (JW started looking for her later that afternoon when HT was in class, right?) On the other hand, it would make sense if it was the following day, but if you knew someone had been reported missing, would your wording be "did you happen to see a little blond girl"?

Maybe what I should really take from that article is that it is totally unreliable... But I would be interested to know if anyone noticed that neighbour, Malone, being interviewed anywhere else.

Pcsmith your killing me.Apparently you quoted my post before I could figure out how to delete it,The last line in the quote.If you believe... was my response to docwho.That was not part of his/her comment.Once again my apology's docwho.
No worries. I just fixed both posts and restored yours so PCSmith's would make sense.

I was looking at the public twitters and noticed that on June 3rd 2 of LS's roommates tweeted that anyone with info about Lauren to call a 917 phone number. 917 is an area code used for cell phones in NY. Did a search on the number and only came up with the fact that is a Verizon Wireless number based in Manhattan, but that means next to nothing as we ll know.

Anyone notice this/have we talked about it at some point?

If some of the students Lauren knows are involved, I don't believe it would have to be more than two, which could make keeping the secret easier. I'm not sure one guy could manage this on his own, seems he would need a look-out if nothing else, while getting Lauren into a vehicle.

The only way I can visualize a stranger abduction is if for some reason Lauren was out there longer than we imagine, i.e. if she sat down to "rest" for example or even fell asleep. I have a hard time imagining someone happening by in the very few minutes it should have taken to walk home once out of sight of her friends (all assuming they are being truthful, of course) and that someone being the one person out there ready to abduct a young woman, and no one else being around, making it the oh-so-perfect crime, and none of it caught on the various cameras. It just pushes the boundaries of my cynicism, I guess...

This is exactly what I was talking about. When you are in the light, you can't see out of it into the darkness. Probably because your pupils are small. You can't see the one way sign either and that would actually reflect light, so I doubt he could see her either. The other factor is a camera can see more than a human. It brights everything up.

I am starting to wonder how they got her out of that building to dispose of her. They admit she was there. Something happened and they got rid of the evidence.

Thanks Long-time, great work!

It sure looks like there is no way he could see her at the corner of 11th & College, (from his area of the building).

A bit O/T, but I'm wondering would constitutes Lauren to get her own forum here on WS?

I know it would be virtually impossible to assign a forum to every case, but I feel this one needs it. There are many things that can be stickied at the top that would make it easier to navigate. I also know that this case has nationwide and celebrity exposure.

Just curious if anyone knows the answer. TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member