IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been able to look back at any news conferences because they simply don't exist. If anybody has found a site that has the briefings, let me know. Hard to find the video, whether it be at MSM news sites, on Youtube. All you can find are the sound bites that cops want you to see. This is very bad for us, since we like to pore over the details to find that nugget. For the regular sleuthers who have bounced from one case to another, isn't this odd? On each story, no matter where it happens, there always seems to be one news outlet, or even a local blogger, who records this stuff. Not here. Strange.

If you go back through these threads, during the time of the Press Conferences, there are posters who type it out pretty much word for word as it's being said for those who don't have the opportunity to watch it.

I also read "other apartment" as referring to CR/MB's, because the quote says "up to," as if referring to her Northerly travel on the map, from 8th to 11th. It could also mean "up to" as in up a flight of stairs - CR/MB's place may be on a higher floor - but the entrance is still at street level.

"Up to" can also mean up the street, to the east, because the building is on an incline. And before you say I'm "misreading" this, well, you can just skip that phrase. :crazy:

Yes. He is AA. I have his name and a picture of him. He is dark-skinned and could (could) fit the description of the no-longer-mystery-person now "known to police.

Is there any connection between the key finder and the defunct frat house?

who is this post referring to? i see another poster quoted this post but I still can't figure out who is being discussed.
Initials AR, roommate of LS and HT, one of the two women that went to the police to fill out the missing persons report

Yes. He is AA. I have his name and a picture of him. He is dark-skinned and could (could) fit the description of the no-longer-mystery-person now "known to police.

Do you think AA is involved with the disappearance. His account of finding the keys is suspicious.

Thanks. Wow, would that ever be a coincidence if one of her "friends" (who may have been observed with her the night before), amazingly found her keys the next day, not knowing they were hers.

Another thing that strikes me odd about the keys......if I discovered keys, credit cards, purse, money, etc. (or anything along those lines), I would contact the police, as that may be likely the first place the person who lost it would call. Some others have speculated that they were "room keys"....so wouldn't you try to find out what apartment building they belonged to and turn them in? Placing something of that importance on a railing, seems strange. People do that sort of things with lost hubcaps....not keys. If she lost them, how could she possibly know where to begin looking for them? Just seems stupid to me.

I haven't been able to look back at any news conferences because they simply don't exist. If anybody has found a site that has the briefings, let me know. Hard to find the video, whether it be at MSM news sites, on Youtube. All you can find are the sound bites that cops want you to see. This is very bad for us, since we like to pore over the details to find that nugget. For the regular sleuthers who have bounced from one case to another, isn't this odd? On each story, no matter where it happens, there always seems to be one news outlet, or even a local blogger, who records this stuff. Not here. Strange.
At one point, the Indy Channel had all of them, but I don't see them on there now. Here are a few I bookmarked.

Press Conference June 7
Press Conferenc June 8
Press Conference June 9
Press Conference June 10

If anyone has links to other days, I'd appreciate it if you'd send them to me. Then I'll put them all together in one post in the Media Links thread. TIA.

Thanks. Wow, would that ever be a coincidence if one of her "friends" (who may have been observed with her the night before), amazingly found her keys the next day, not knowing they were hers.

Another thing that strikes me odd about the keys......if I discovered keys, credit cards, purse, money, etc. (or anything along those lines), I would contact the police, as that may be likely the first place the person who lost it would call. Some others have speculated that they were "room keys"....so wouldn't you try to find out what apartment building they belonged to and turn them in? Placing something of that importance on a railing, seems strange. People do that sort of things with lost hubcaps....not keys. If she lost them, how could she possibly know where to begin looking for them? Just seems stupid to me.

"Indiana University student AJ Amin, 19, told The Journal News on Friday that he saw a small purple pouch with a gold key shortly before 3 a.m. that morning on the sidewalk near that building. He said he left it there and that a friend of his put it on a railing when he saw it there a few hours later.

"I didn't know they were hers," said Amin, who had not yet given his account to police."

http://www.lohud.com/article/201106...ppearance-DNA-taken-from-Rossman-his-roommate

Maybe I'm reading into it too much, but it just sounds weird. His friend saw it at 5am? 6am? Were they together the first time he saw it, and then the friend walked by later and thought, oh, I remember those keys! I'll put them on this railing.

"Indiana University student AJ Amin, 19, told The Journal News on Friday that he saw a small purple pouch with a gold key shortly before 3 a.m. that morning on the sidewalk near that building. He said he left it there and that a friend of his put it on a railing when he saw it there a few hours later.

"I didn't know they were hers," said Amin, who had not yet given his account to police."

http://www.lohud.com/article/201106...ppearance-DNA-taken-from-Rossman-his-roommate

Maybe I'm reading into it too much, but it just sounds weird. His friend saw it at 5am? 6am? Were they together the first time he saw it, and then the friend walked by later and thought, oh, I remember those keys! I'll put them on this railing.

I think it could be seen as suspicious that his friend was walking around at 5 or 6 after being out at 3 and decided to put the keys on the railing. Also he makes sure to add that he didn't know they were hers; why would anyone have thought he would have known they were hers?
Isn't it possible he could be seen on a video in the alley putting the keys on the railing himself?

Have to get this off my chest...What if:

* LS's friends are not talking because they don't know anything (in which case an abduction would be more likely but with certain POI's still guilty of a lesser crime such as giving her drugs)

* LS wandered into another apt at 5 North or elsewhere and started partying and got sick, passed out, heart gave out, etc. It could be someone else entirely who won't come forward. She could be in someone's freezer in the garage.

* As far fetched as this next one is, I have to share it: I watched a slide show set to music that someone made "Come home Lauren" and the comment by the poster was something like "hopefully someone will PICK UP ON THIS." I took that to mean it held a clue. I thought "she's stepped into a new life." I know given her state this is highly unlikely. But it would explain how no one is talking because you know, they would have had to have made a PACT. Probable? No. Possible? Yes (but not statistically, I know).

... sounds to me they all knew whose keys they were and left them there

Do you think AA is involved with the disappearance. His account of finding the keys is suspicious.

Please don't take this with any disrespect. I know you're just trying to think of different possibilities, as we all are. You are not being unfair to this gentleman.

However, this is the sort of statement that potentially explains why more of LS's friends or others haven't come forward. Someone totally innocent (i'm almost sure this guy is) says something and people start to whisper 'how was he really involved?' or LE might go fishing and act accusatory, which is uncomfortable (to say the least) even for the innocent.

So, perhaps it is easiest to give an anonymous tip (through AMW or something else) rather than identifying yourself and dealing with several levels of speculation.

I'm not saying such behavior by people who need to share information is right - it isn't - but it could explain the lack of on-the-record comments to LE.

This has always bothered me. From the first moment I read it.

Please, if you have any doubt that LE has said they have spoken to JR, listen to the press conference.
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/video/india...-25510222.html

Any doubt should be erased. LE has at one time claimed that they have spoken to JR. They may not want us to know this anymore, but at one time it was made known to us. Even the Media person knew enough about JR since during questioning asked about the acquaintance who "walked her a little ways and watched her walk away up the street". It is discussed over several sentences. I'm not good at transcribing, but it is obviously JR's claim of her leaving and "he watched her walk up the street to make sure she was ok"

You're right. I no longer have any doubt about that (though I don't know that it was an in-person interview, i.e. that JR was in Bloomington; notably the same video confirms that JW is in Bloomington).

What I do remain doubtful about is whether JR has taken a polygraph. Go to 7:20 of the video - asked how many polygraphs they have administered, the guy says they are "working on the polygraphs now."

Now go to the next day - CR, MB, JR and JW, among others, have been asked for DNA samples. CR and MB have complied. There is no report that JR or JW have complied, but police describe JW as cooperative - http://www.news12.com/articleDetail.jsp?articleId=283816&position=1&news_type=news. Who does that leave?

A poster yesterday said this is what he would do. No big deal. [modsnip]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member