IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My question to you all..

Do you think that Jw would be included in the "friends" that Charlene is pleading to?*

I personally am not certain and wanted to hear others opinions..

I'd venture she was at the very least including him. He was her closest friend, no? Was he not staying in town to be with her?

I would hate to think in this day and age a group of college kids can pull off the hiding of a body from LE.

Revealed to the public on the 8th or 9th.

Also, in regards to a previous post, the article is dated the 8th, this is not the date that LE spoke with JR. That date is unknown to us. The press may have been confused about the timeline and the players, but we have no idea of what LE knew about it when. The term "walking away" is not descriptive of going to a room down the hall.

That's right, because CR/MB and JR do not live on rooms off a hall. They live in separate apartments that are the same part of a complex, both with street-level entrances. To leave CR/MB's and go to JR's, you go outside on the sidewalk.

Again, if you believe that JR has been polygraphed - it has been reported that DNA samples were requested from CR, MB, JR and JW, and that not all of them have been supplied. CR and MB supplied samples. I don't know whether JW did, but police have described him in public reports as "cooperative." I have seen no report that JR supplied a DNA sample. Why would he submit to a polygraph but not supply a DNA sample?

Once again, this reading is with the benefit of hindsight. As far as I can tell, as of the 8th, when this information was reported, there was no public report of JR's having been the last to see LS. That detail was revealed, I believe, by CR's attorney on the 8th or the 9th.

I guess we are interpreting the phrasing differently and by the way it's written, I can see that now. It could mean two different things:

1. "the acquaintances that were with her in going up to the other apartment on 11th".....if they mean apartment as in "building", then this would include CR plus the people at Smallwood.

"and then the acquaintance that watched her walk away." This could mean MB if they didn't know yet that she had gone to JR's place.

However, I interpret it as:

2. "the acquaintances that were with her in going up to the other apartment on 11th"..OTHER APARTMENT on 11th, meaning the OTHER apartment (which is also on 11th), referring to JR's. Therefore, I take this to mean they're referring to CR AND MB (they were with her before going to JRs)

"and then the acquaintance that watched her walk away." The word AND means this would be someone different from MB since he is already included above, in this scenario.

I can totally see how this can be interpreted either way.

The second altercation appears to definitely be a key in some way. They were taking a summer session, right? If so, has it been confirmed that CR's roomie had a test that Friday? He claims to have been studying at 3 AM - why? If he didn't have a test, he had the whole weekend to study. I understand that many kids want to free up their weekend to party, but why not Sunday afternoon/evening? During most summer sessions, kids take 1-2 classes only. It's not that hard to build in study time. His roommate was out at the bar and he chose to stay home to study? He continues to study when he has the opportunity to party with Lauren? Certainly, this is the behavior I'd want of my own son, but if these guys are the big party crowd they've been portrayed to be, I find it odd. Perhaps I'm wrong - maybe this was finals week and not summer session yet. If so, then maybe he had a final on Friday. Either way, I think they should look into that and have it confirmed. Ask him to produce notes that he was reviewing, etc.

This was summer session...It has been reported that MB was writing 2 papers that night that were due the next day. It has also been reported that
he got 92% on both papers (I'm not sure what all this means but I just wanted to share what I had read)

And I am not exonerating JR, just trying to make sure that we maintain the ability to think there are still other options before we full out hang him.

I certainly agree that there are other options. I seriously doubt that any of them involve any other named POI.

If JW has no texts from his friends during those hours, perhaps that is telling. LE probably looked hard at who usually texts him during those hours, and if they didn't that morning that might not look too good for the friends (and not necessarily JW).

Right on - lack of activity is as significant as excessive activity!

That's right, because CR/MB and JR do not live on rooms off a hall. They live in separate apartments that are the same part of a complex, both with street-level entrances. To leave CR/MB's and go to JR's, you go outside on the sidewalk.

And what, MB follows her to the door and watches her go to a door two doors down? Rather, he most likely saw her go out the door. JR is the only person to have claimed he 'watched her walking" as far as I have seen (please correct me with a quote if I am wrong) and since it was such an unbelievable statement, now as well as then, everyone noticed it right away. Doubtful that LE would just happen to use this same statement to describe MB's statement.

I guess we are interpreting the phrasing differently and by the way it's written, I can see that now. It could mean two different things:

1. "the acquaintances that were with her in going up to the other apartment on 11th".....if they mean apartment as in "building", then this would include CR plus the people at Smallwood.

"and then the acquaintance that watched her walk away." This could mean MB if they didn't know yet that she had gone to JR's place.

However, I interpret it as:

2. "the acquaintances that were with her in going up to the other apartment on 11th"..OTHER APARTMENT on 11th, meaning the OTHER apartment (which is also on 11th), referring to JR's. Therefore, I take this to mean they're referring to CR AND MB (they were with her before going to JRs)

"and then the acquaintance that watched her walk away." The word AND means this would be someone different from MB since he is already included above, in this scenario.

I can totally see how this can be interpreted either way.

You are misreading. MB was not with her before going to 11th, as he never left 11th all night. The only people who were with her in going to 11th (and assuming that the plural isn't simply an error) are CR (later in the night) and DR (earlier). MB is the acquaintance that watched her walk away.

This was summer session...It has been reported that MB was writing 2 papers that night that were due the next day. It has also been reported that
he got 92% on both papers (I'm not sure what all this means but I just wanted to share what I had read)

What a shame, where did he lose the 8 points?

AnalyticalExaminer, I agree with your opinion about it being quite likely that LE have had zero direct contact or communication with JR.. I think in reading the early articles that the info that we now know is being assumed to have been known at the time of the article.. Which IMO was not the case. Therefor it's being seen or read to indicate JR when the truth is early On as were these articles they are speaking of CR..

IMO it is very likely that the only statements that have from JR are communicated thru his ATTY to LE..

However it is possible that they may have spoken with JR once at the very beginning and got a statement from him.. But I am more inclined to believe that he was long gone by the time his name even came up.. Remember the heat was originally on CR.. And that was a couple days in because it took LE bursting the door in to get smallwoods video. This is when CR became involved and questioned. And it was only after questioning CR and then mb that they even had knowledge of JR. Think about it that was days into the case.. Not the very first day.. So I say it's quite likely that FOr whatever reasons JR was already long gone by the time his name and possible involvement came to light..

If anyone wants to trek all the way back thru those first days you will see that what I'm saying is true. Jay was not known immediately..and questioning and LDT and DNA certainly did not come in until after LE had to bust smallwoods door in to get video..

JR was gone by the time they got around to him..jmo

I haven't been able to look back at any news conferences because they simply don't exist. If anybody has found a site that has the briefings, let me know. Hard to find the video, whether it be at MSM news sites, on Youtube. All you can find are the sound bites that cops want you to see. This is very bad for us, since we like to pore over the details to find that nugget. For the regular sleuthers who have bounced from one case to another, isn't this odd? On each story, no matter where it happens, there always seems to be one news outlet, or even a local blogger, who records this stuff. Not here. Strange.

At one point, I thought it was mentioned, or there was a link to an article about a possible JR/JW friendship. Anyone remember that, or do I have that wrong?

What I can say about the info that is getting disseminated on this case vs others, is that I do not ever recall feeling the manipulation like I have in this one. This started almost immediately here. The parents tell about the confrontation at Smallwood, LE denies it, then the parents deny they ever mentioned it, or that it even happened. It would have been comical if the case wasn't so tragic. Either the manipulation of appearances in this case are much too transparent, or there is a lot more manipulation of the message than I am used to seeing.

At one point, I thought it was mentioned, or there was a link to an article about a possible JR/JW friendship. Anyone remember that, or do I have that wrong?

Both members of the same fraternity house that was dismantled. That really is all the official info I remember seeing.

Re: mountainguy777 about hating to see college kids able to pull off hiding a body..

Are you familiar with the Haleigh Cummings case.. Uneducated, drug addled group of teens and twenty somethings from backwoods of satsuma, fl have managed to get rid of and kept all evidence hidden/destroyed since 2/9/2009.. Shocking as it seems it's true. So I'd say if that cast of characters can manage to do it this group could do it easy-peasy..

Then you've got Hailey Dunn in CCity, tx who zip has been found of any trace of evidence or her remains.. And again we're talking at most 2 drug addled, extremely immature adults.. Possibly even one loser, drug addled, horror movie obsessed, child *advertiser censored*/beastiality watching 25 yr old male that has managed to make this 5"3 120lb beautiful young girl vanish into thin air without a trace..

It's definitely possible.. I've learned that..
E

"Friendships forged four years ago at the Alpha Epsilon Pi fraternity house on the IU campus may play a role in this investigation. It was at the AEP house that Spierer's boyfriend, Jesse Wolff, met Jay Rosenbaum. Rosenbaum is believed to be the last person to have seen Spierer at 4:30 a.m. at his apartment."

http://www.fox59.com/news/bloomingt...udents-disappearance-20110613,0,3710472.story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove