IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see what you're saying, but AR has just as many (if not more) tweets supporting the search for Lauren over the past couple of weeks, including a photo she snapped on June 4 which I believe shows LS's parents addressing a group of people (search party). She and HT have both been quoted as having participated in the early searches.

She absolutely has tweets supporting the search, I am not saying she doesn't. But the tweet, and the sprinkling of pot references tell me a few things.

1. This is a regular smoker. Heavy smokers almost always surround themselves with other heavy smokers. While it might not go past marijuana it is just the way it is. Of course there are always a few outliers (pothead surrounded by non-potheads, potheads with token non-pothead friend).

2. This girl has very little understanding of the world she is in and how such a message could be perceived. She gives me a vibe that either a. she's not that concerned or b. she is rather immature and still thinks weed makes her "the coolest thing evar!".. This is a 20 yr old who should be damned concerned what potential internships and jobs could find about her on the internet.

3. These party kids might just be party friends; not necessarily sticking close together at all times like most people perceive the "best friend" friendship.

In any event I believe it could explain a great deal about what went on that night and if it was common place behavior.

Check out the wording in the "who's who" in the case...

http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81901

Jesse Wolff
IU student and Lauren Spierer’s boyfriend. Lt. Bill Parker said he was considered a person of interest in the case. Qualters said Wolff filed the missing persons report.

and then.....

Corey Rossman
An acquaintance of Lauren Spierer who accompanied Lauren to Smallwood Plaza from Kilroy’s Sports. He was reportedly involved in an altercation at the apartment building. Lauren then reportedly helped Rossman back to his apartment at 11th and Morton streets. He is considered a person of interest in the case. BPD has reportedly obtained a DNA sample from him.

and also...

Jay Rosenbaum
A friend of Rossman and Beth who was reportedly present at their apartment complex at 11th and Morton streets the night Lauren disappeared. He is considered a person of interest in the case.

There was also something about MB but you can click on link to check it out....

Well, we do know (from HT?) that JW texted LS a bunch of times and Sports replied to one of them telling him that she left the phone at the bar.

As I type this I realize we don't know what time those texts were sent out.

Your typical college kid texts, not calls. IMO, there was no reason for JW to think anything had gone wrong because I doubt that HT had responded to JW's texts had (and if) he texted HT earlier looking for LS. HT knew where Lauren had been, whom she had been hanging out with, etc. I believe that she would have kept that information from JW in the early morning hours if he did text her. HT's her close female friend and roommate.

I don't buy that JW waited until 2:00 pm Friday to see her.
That is the time HT said JW came to her class to get the key.Who really knows when he started looking for her the next day.Who really knows when he started calling HT.She could have known LS left with CR and never came home and was avoiding his calls till she was in class and would not have to have a big conversation with him.

My personal opinion is that I am going to go with the family's lead.. Meaning with each new PC mom has become more zoomed in on, narrowing down, and become less alluding to the fact of exactly who she is speaking directly to. Today she named it.. Lauren's friends!!

Just as many of us have suspected Charlene knows that the truth of what happened to her daughter lies solely within Lauren's circle of "friends".. The family knows way more than we do and mom has been leading us down this path for quite sometime and today the frustration topped out with her just publicly stating her overwhelming disappointment in these "friends"..

My question to you all..

Do you think that Jw would be included in the "friends" that Charlene is pleading to?*

I personally am not certain and wanted to hear others opinions..

Am I allowed to post hearsay from Bloomington without a link? I am not a local there anymore, graduated 2 years ago. Live an hour north.

Well, we do know (from HT?) that JW texted LS a bunch of times and Sports replied to one of them telling him that she left the phone at the bar.

As I type this I realize we don't know what time those texts were sent out.

Would be interesting to know how much time elapsed between JW retrieving LS's phone from the bar and then finally reporting her as missing.

Just throwing this out there... while I don't think JW was involved, if he was in any way and knew LS didn't have her phone with her, he could have easily sent her a text or texts after the fact (LS's disappearance) to help cover his tracks a little.

From the earlier Lohud article/link...

It was hours later, when bar employees saw that [JW] had texted her phone, that they called him to report they had it. He retrieved it, checked her apartment, then reported her missing and called her parents to share the disturbing news.

Your typical college kid texts, not calls. IMO, there was no reason for JW to think anything had gone wrong because I doubt that HT had responded to JW's texts had (and if) he texted HT earlier looking for LS. HT knew where Lauren had been, whom she had been hanging out with, etc. I believe that she would have kept that information from JW in the early morning hours if he did text her. HT's her close female friend and roommate.

Epiphany, i think it was actually revealed in one of the MSM articles that JW didn't get any communication from the guys in her apartment complex that evening - the guys involved in the fight with CR. I don't know that he had any idea where she was until she went missing, and everyone pieced her evening together later the next day.

The person who works at Sports that read LS's text messages holds very valuable information. If we only had an inkling of what those messages contained we would know so much. It does amaze me that info like that does not get out...

Just thinking....

If there is one way to maintain immaturity it is to immerse yourself in the drug culture. I think it is possible that on that Friday, when everyone was texting and calling around and talking about LS and where she could be and what may have happened, some people had reasons to lie about their recollections, even if they weren't involved, some people made up things to defend friends that they just could not believe may have been involved in anything to do with her missing, and others knew exactly what happened and tried to concoct credible stories.
If you were good friends with HT, that does not mean you would be telling her the truth about every little thing that went on that evening when she calls you to ask if you knew anything. And it has always been my belief that she inserted herself (innocently but very unfortunately) by calling around and getting people's stories. Now, many of them are fearful of coming forward because they know they lied. Others because they gave an alibi to someone they still believe in (maybe mistakenly). And HT herself is probably guilty of shading the info to fit what she believed happened. And on and on. This ALL reeks of immaturity.
I used to put credence in what the various players have said, but no longer. Not since I heard that only one of them had the balls to pick up the phone and call LE.

Am I allowed to post hearsay from Bloomington without a link? I am not a local there anymore, graduated 2 years ago. Live an hour north.

I believe you are allowed to post a local rumor as long as you stress that it IS a rumor.

That is the time HT said JW came to her class to get the key.Who really knows when he started looking for her the next day.Who really knows when he started calling HT.She could have known LS left with CR and never came home and was avoiding his calls till she was in class and would not have to have a big conversation with him.

Though quite some time ago, when I was attending college and girlfriends and/or roommates with long-term boyfriends were with other guys, etc. and the boyfriend came looking for her, we NEVER would provide the boyfriend with the correct info as to where she was-even though we knew exactly where she was and with whom.:floorlaugh:

When one girlfriend didn't surface by the next afternoon (She couldn't get out of the guy's apartment she was in due to the boyfriend and his friends living on the same floor.), we only felt forced to tell him when he was about to call the police and report her missing. Until that moment, we kept our mouths shut.

My personal opinion is that I am going to go with the family's lead.. Meaning with each new PC mom has become more zoomed in on, narrowing down, and become less alluding to the fact of exactly who she is speaking directly to. Today she named it.. Lauren's friends!!

Just as many of us have suspected Charlene knows that the truth of what happened to her daughter lies solely within Lauren's circle of "friends".. The family knows way more than we do and mom has been leading us down this path for quite sometime and today the frustration topped out with her just publicly stating her overwhelming disappointment in these "friends"..

My question to you all..

Do you think that Jw would be included in the "friends" that Charlene is pleading to?*

I personally am not certain and wanted to hear others opinions..

I dont think so. He was the one who called the family to report to them that LS was missing. Right? I think her comments are directed to the people who were last with her. I imagine the parents must have hard time believing the story that she left alone at 4.30 AM, especially as there is no video to support that account.

It is really hard to believe that story. How would any friends leave a girl who was apparently very drunk to walk alone at 4.30 AM? Why on earth would they watch her "walking on the street" and not walk her over to her apartment a few blocks away. That story is not believable IMO.

Epiphany, i think it was actually revealed in one of the MSM articles that JW didn't get any communication from the guys in her apartment complex that evening - the guys involved in the fight with CR. I don't know that he had any idea where she was until she went missing, and everyone pieced her evening together later the next day.

This is what I tend to believe. IMO, JW didn't know anything until later that afternoon.

Respectfully, BBM

This part I don't agree with. Several knew where she was, who she was with and/or heard prior to JW. IMO, the spinning had already begun. JW was trying to piece it all together, though.

there is an article that quotes LE as having directly spoken to JR and I believe the article date was 8June so it seems to me that JR spoke to LE very early on and was not missing for a few days.. I could be wrong though.

I tried to explain this earlier - I believe that you are misinterpreting this article, with the benefit of hindsight. At the time of that article, it was believed, at least in the media, that CR was the last to see LS. Therefore, media erroneously reported that LE interviewed that individual, who we now know to be JR, when in fact LE was interviewing CR. I laid this out in a post on the previous thread, with links.

What does that mean? Does anyone remember seeing anything else about CR or his attorney's "theory"?

I have watched a video in which CR's attorney indicates that his theory involves a vehicle and/or random abduction. This was prior to the white truck photos.

First, if 3-4 other people saw her AFTER CR, that means at least 2 others were at JR's place.

No, it doesn't, necessarily. He may be referring to neighbors of JR and CR. While my understanding is that there are none home at the present, there may have been one or more on the night of the disappearance. Local news has interviewed at least one neighbor who reported seeing her there previously. A video interview with CR's attorney I watched indicated that he believed/knew of at least one person to see (or at least hear?) her after CR besides MB and JR, and possibly two or three (about which he appeared to be speculating).

Is it just me, or are the camp of friends that includes JW and the camp of friends that includes CR really going out of their way to point fingers at each other?

It is my impression that the JW camp is going after JR, who doesn't have much of a camp. While the JW camp may have been involved in certainly the first and perhaps the second confrontation with CR, I don't believe they regard him as responsible.

If there is one way to maintain immaturity it is to immerse yourself in the drug culture. I think it is possible that on that Friday, when everyone was texting and calling around and talking about LS and where she could be and what may have happened, some people had reasons to lie about their recollections, even if they weren't involved, some people made up things to defend friends that they just could not believe may have been involved in anything to do with her missing, and others knew exactly what happened and tried to concoct credible stories.
If you were good friends with HT, that does not mean you would be telling her the truth about every little thing that went on that evening when she calls you to ask if you knew anything. And it has always been my belief that she inserted herself (innocently but very unfortunately) by calling around and getting people's stories. Now, many of them are fearful of coming forward because they know they lied. Others because they gave an alibi to someone they still believe in (maybe mistakenly). And HT herself is probably guilty of shading the info to fit what she believed happened. And on and on. This ALL reeks of immaturity.
I used to put credence in what the various players have said, but no longer. Not since I heard that only one of them had the balls to pick up the phone and call LE.

CS and MB already knew she was missing by the next afternoon so someone got in touch with them pretty quickly.JR could have given the saw her leave at 4:30 story before he realized how serious the situation was.You would think he would eventually come clean but maybe he has and we just do not know.

JW texts to LS' cell when he can't locate her on Friday. That's typical young adult college student behavior. You text.

"Someone/body" calls from JR's cell to DR's (Don't buy for a second that LS dialed DR's number. Nope.), then IMO there is a major problem or an alibi is needed. Young adult college students' using the voice feature is only reserved for business or an emergency situation.

Although personally JW is not my number one theory and I still have serious doubts of his involvement..

That said, a frat brothers interview with the media stating that for absolute certain JW went to bed at 230 and certainly had no visitors, went no where, nor received calls or texts from ANYONE is hardly believable as fact to me..

As I posted earlier for this guy to be certain of these things he wouldve had to have slept with jw while keep continual watch of his phone for any activity.. Seriously doubtful. Therefor truly all he knows is what JW has shown him or told him..definitely not to be taken as any fact nor is it even corroboration unless this literally monitored JW and his phone throughout the entire night and early morning hours.. Just not plausible..

So tho JW is not my number one suspect I still think it is quite possible and quite likely he was notified about the altercation and that Lauren had left with Corey..

This is what I tend to believe. IMO, JW didn't know anything until later that afternoon.

I don't believe this at all. At the very least he knows about his friends and the confrontation that happened. And having a roommate go on record that JW "went to bed and didn't get any phone calls and texts" just seems so artificial to me.
I am not saying I believe it is untrue, either. What I am saying is that as far as I am concerned at this point, this alibi is completely meaningless. I think people who support JW and are concerned about him taking the blame ought to call up LE and tell them everything that they have heard or that they know about that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clm79