IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The eyewitness which was never mentioned by LE, and when the timeline was released, the 3:38 am time is nowhere to be found.
If LE believed that to be credible, why not include that in a timeline? If there is a sketch of the "dark skinned man" why not show it to the public in hope of finding this man? At the very least this man could be an important witness.

I agree that if they thought this witness was credible they would either release the sketch and add this information to the timeline, OR they would keep this information private so that JR and others still thought they believed the 4:30 story and follow up on their own. However, if this witness is correct and Lauren was that out of it at 3:38 one would think the person who was with her would be a critical part of this investigation. I hope they will address it tomorrow.

There were several alerts on this thread this afternoon. Posts have been deleted, and the clean up isn't finished. Understand that if you quote an objectionable post, then your post is subject to deletion, too.

Stereotyping and making presumptuous statements based on personal perceptions of an individual's religious, ethnic, or cultural background goes against TOS and will not be tolerated.

Posting rumors and gossip that attack an individual's character are not allowed. That's been stated time and time again. Speculation is acceptable when it's a reasonable assumption based on the known facts. But gossip is cheap, and only serves to debase any serious discussion.
Learn to recognize the difference.

I find it a bit difficult to believe that one of these kids would have connections to dispose of a body.

People are found dead from OD's all the time. So we know dealers don't regularly go and try to dump a body.

And it's one thing to deal in illicit and illegal substances, another to risk being caught with a dead body or having evidence tying you directly to a dead body. I can't see a lot of dealers wanting to take that chance, and for what?

To a local:

I was reading that psychic investigation board that was linked here. Not that I believe anything on there but there was some posts about the athletic area between Woodland and 10th.

What if Lauren started not feeling well and decided to walk to the IU health center (Jordan and 10th).

It's a hike but maybe she would feel safer heading that way than going to the hospital which is not a great area to walk to.

It doesn't open until 8 but is there a way to contact someone in an emergency there? Like a house phone?

I guess my question is have other security cams been looked at outside of the immediate area to see if she was seen elsewhere?

Another thought maybe she went to walk to JW's house?

I am pretty sure I read that the Walnut street cams were looked at and I guess past Walnut it is too residential to have security cams.

Or how about on the way to CVS? It opens at 6 am maybe she went there to get medicine?

Are there web cams there?

Can i maybe have the link to the psychic investigation board that you're talking about? If you want, you can send it to me privately.
I missed that.
Thanks.

Just saying you are a journalist does not mean that everything you print is the truth. There have been simple factual errors on blogs that were obviously not the truth and have since been changed. This could be because of faulty reporting or exaggeration to get hits on a website. It's not outside the realm of possibility.

WARNING: From this point forward, any racial discussion needs to be linked. These are college students and it doesn't matter what color they are or what religion they practice. If LE or the MSM have not called this a hate crime or given us reason to believe their race/religion is a factor in what happened, the discussion is OFF THE TABLE.

Thanks,

Salem

I find it a bit difficult to believe that one of these kids would have connections to dispose of a body.

People are found dead from OD's all the time. So we know dealers don't regularly go and try to dump a body.

And it's one thing to deal in illicit and illegal substances, another to risk being caught with a dead body or having evidence tying you directly to a dead body. I can't see a lot of dealers wanting to take that chance, and for what?

Who needs connections to toss a body in a car, drive 30 minutes out of town into the Hoosier National Forest and toss it out? The prisons are full of younger people that have done even more terrible things then this (assuming they did not murder her).

We find it difficult to believe because we don't want to think a group of rich college kids could do something like this. It wouldn't be the first time and definitely not the last.

Analytical-
The picture I've seen is JR, not from Facebook, I think it's a Fox photo, but its in MSM somewhere. He appeared very lanky -would have guessed him taller than what was posted here, but about the same weight. I will post a link to the photo the next time I come across it.

Yes, please do post the picture's link if you find it. The FB picture doesn't match with the stats given earlier on this thread.

IMO - The 3:38 citing should be considered,

Nobody took LS home in a suitcase with laundry to Mama.

Like a 17 year old Joran van der Sloot, college boys can dispose of a young coed
without hesitation.

I believe the JR picture to which elmomom refers is the facebook picture; we just have different takes on it. He looks quite tall in that picture, at least 5'11", though it may be an illusion, and while I wouldn't call him big, he isn't skinny, either, but rather somewhat muscular-looking. It may be that the facebook picture is not in fact of JR, who also says he lives in Barcelona, clearly incorrect.

Leaving her shoes,phone and news accounts of her being "obliviously intoxicated" at smallwood would lead you to believe she was pretty drunk at 2:30.Yet there she was still going strong at 4:30?While some would suggest artificial means I would say it makes this 4:30 walk home less likely.

Has anyone read the book "The Secret"? It's always been one of my favorite books, and it's basically about a group of close knit college friends, one dies of alchohol related circumstances and they try to keep it a secret while it eats away at them in different ways. All the talk of LS potential OD and her friends protecting each other just reminded me of it (Although I personally don't think that's what happened in this situation).

Leaving her shoes,phone and news accounts of her being "obliviously intoxicated" at smallwood would lead you to believe she was pretty drunk at 2:30.Yet there she was still going strong at 4:30?While some would suggest artificial means I would say it makes this 4:30 walk home less likely.

Eh, not if she was using cocaine. But that's not why I think the 4:30am sighting story may be a falsification.

I think that because
1. There is nothing corroborating it
2. I perceive most if not all of JRs actions since LS was reported missing as those of a person with a lot at stake and a lot to hide
3. The sleuths have re-created the scene and say it would be very difficult for him to have seen her.
4. The 3:38am sighting which, while unconfirmed by LE, is IMO more credible as it comes from someone uninvolved with nothing to gain from fabricating this (that we know of)

To my knowledge, we have no statements about what time she left MB and what time she arrived at JR. I realize they live 2 doors apart and it seems feasible that she went directly there, but it seems completely within the timeframe we have been given for her to have left CR/MB and not gone directly to JRs, but wound up there later in plenty of time for a 415 phone call.

This is true. It still seems odd to me that the statement about the phone call came from HT and not from JR or his attny (from what I understand).

We already know that early reports named JR as the witness who saw her leaving at the time. And yet he is MUM now. WHY?

Has anyone read the book "The Secret"? It's always been one of my favorite books, and it's basically about a group of close knit college friends, one dies of alchohol related circumstances and they try to keep it a secret while it eats away at them in different ways. All the talk of LS potential OD and her friends protecting each other just reminded me of it (Although I personally don't think that's what happened in this situation).

Wow. I haven't read that, but it sounds eerily similar to what could have happened here. :(

The 4 main POI and in all this time the police have not publicly cleared any of them.Yet the police clear the driver of the white truck in basically a weekend.Why?

The 4 main POI and in all this time the police have not publicly cleared any of them.Yet the police clear the driver of the white truck in basically a weekend.Why?

POI doesn't actually mean anything specifically. It can mean witness just as much as suspect.

As someone who went to a big ten school/midwestern university, and who did her fair share of partying/bar hopping/visiting with friends at all hours, the thing that I almost find weirdest about the whole story is that she left her shoes behind and continued to wander around -- apparently contentedly -- for a couple hours. College towns are filled with broken glass, icky stuff on the ground, patches of lawn that aren't well-maintained, cigarette butts and other garbage strewn around sidewalks and other areas where students hang out. Even after a night of drinking I would no sooner have walked around barefoot for any length of time than I would have eaten off the floor of a bar. Why didn't she go into her apartment, even after the altercation, at least long enough to throw on a pair of flip-flops? Why would she willingly leave the building without shoes? Was she unable to get into her apartment for some reason? It seems inexplicable to me.

From the beginning I have thought that they have not publicly cleared any of them because they are waiting for the innocent to roll over on the not-so-innocent.

If you put enough pressure on someone - ie don't clear them - then he may get frustrated and eventually rat or provide info.

If you clear him, then he is cleared and doesn't have incentive to talk/provide more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member