IN - Mark Sandifur, charged with child molesting, Flora, 28 Aug 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
doubtful as a trigger - that's just the date it was ordered. the separation and all the legal stuff would have occurred prior to that date.

I've read it might be because of the Feb. 15 date. General close proximity to Feb. 13? I'm not able to find the actual Feb. 15th date, however. I'll have to keep looking. JMO

I think it's bc they were named in a MPO. Their names are court record now.

That the victim's identity has been publicly published is a total slip up on the part of the court.
In Indiana the courts have a procedure for confidentiality called "Rule 9" also called "green sheeting."
Anything confidential and not due to the public has to have a cover sheet, be on green paper and sealed in a document envelope when not being used, obviously this is to keep it safe from prying eyes in court. Green sheeted material is not available to the in public electronic records.
Green sheet material access is signed for and only available to the the court, the attorneys and police.

So, unfortunately, the minor in this case had their privacy violated by court error.

It is such a big slip, and hard to understand.
If an accident, someone in the court doesn't have the aptitude for their court position.
If intentional, there might be a sympathetic MJS family member or friend employed at the court.
The court should hold itself accountable and find out why it happened.

he very well could have been molested prior to and/or after the divorce. So many families are full of sexual violations on children and women, and keeping secrets is part of the psychological make up of people in the family. Rationalizations on not reporting go on forever. Covering for abusers is quite literally in the DNA, and is a major cause of substance use/abuse. In the 90's, proving molestation was not as "streamlined", and would have been an expensive trial. Without that conviction or findings by CPS, the father would not have been barred from custody.

I wondered that, too, but he was put into his father's care, and the sister in the mother's, so it doesn't appear molestation was the cause of the divorce? JMO

If police had a suspect in mind at the press conference when sketch #2 was unveiled and MJS was that suspect, it makes me wonder what kind of behind the scenes investigating has taken place. Did recent charges appear out of the blue?

he can't go near any property co-owned by his wife. interesting that they named her in the MPO as well.

Why would his heart be broken? He is still in touch with his mother who put up the bail. Many children have separated parents and don't become paedophiles because of it. There is no excuse. He had best just plead guilty so his family do not have to go thru any testimony IMO.

I don't really get it but it was a no contact order so I'm unsure how that affects things but working together would be a no-no. MOO

I thought he was not legally not allowed? A restraining order perhaps? I forget.

Just thinking long and hard on the April Delphi PC and it seems to make a lot more sense to me now. I'm waffling on ditching my #1 POI and moving on to another.:cool:

This arrestee is the only one I can look at and think “oooooooohhhhhh, I get what you’re saying there” when I look at that PC. No one else meshed with what was said and the tone of it.
Also I think it’s interesting that we have heard zero from law enforcement on this. When other people have been arrested and garnered some attention, LE has been quick say “we’re going to look into them” and other things but nothing this time.

the date may be more important as far as being a day off from school, which his kids and their friends would know about. maybe V'day has more importance here than we imagine.

I was going to ask that. Was he molested as a kid perhaps is all I can think would perhaps be relevant IMO.
The breakup was 27 years ago so he was what 7 years old. I cannot see a date suddenly being a trigger for anything after this amount of time. MOO

If police had a suspect in mind at the press conference when sketch #2 was unveiled and MJS was that suspect, it makes me wonder what kind of behind the scenes investigating has taken place. Did recent charges appear out of the blue?
I'm speculating that perhaps some tips had come in, maybe anonymously that got them looking back at something, something "they were onto early on", but there was a solid alibi, or what appeared to be a solid alibi. Maybe that alibi went up in smoke after his arrest? MOO

One thing we haven’t talked about is what would have been his motivation as BG other than he’s a pervert, which is enough I would think.
The girls were only a couple years older than his daughter so is it possible they had been told or were privy to what this guy was doing?Could he have accosted or approached them in an inappropriate way, at an earlier time, and they threatened to tell, or he feared they might? (The one hole in this way of thinking would be I would imagine they would recognize him so why would they not mention him by name in the audio where supposedly they only mention a creepy guy. Though I guess it’s possible that they referred to MJS as a “creepy guy” anyway)
My own rambling thoughts. Just wondering what y’all were thinking on the subject.
His motivation would be sexual , in my opinion. He may be a predator.

This arrestee is the only one I can look at and think “oooooooohhhhhh, I get what you’re saying there” when I look at that PC. No one else meshed with what was said and the tone of it.
Also I think it’s interesting that we have heard zero from law enforcement on this. When other people have been arrested and garnered some attention, LE has been quick say “we’re going to look into them” and other things but nothing this time.

BBM

Excellent observation! Seems like they typically issue a statement immediately.

MJS has definitely piqued my interest, and his mostly clean shaven photo looks surprisingly youthful like the new (old) sketch — compared to the hot mess mugshot. Given the holiday weekend, fingers crossed for a Tuesday press conference that wraps up more than one crime!

My heart goes out to his family, who clearly have already suffered too much...

Can you imagine if that was the situation? If blue-eyed MJS was sitting there with the police officer saying that yes, he saw the guy's eyes and they were "definitely not blue?" Only speculation. MOO, but that would be insane.
After the April PC I had the VERY strong impression that Doug Carter felt utterly betrayed by someone. Thinking on everything he said in that PC just "screams" at me again. Is it possible that they did utilize some DNA search that narrowed it down to a certain family line? The "we may have interviewed you or someone close to you," and "who may be in this very room." Were any of the Sandifur's at the PC?? I have no doubt MJS was at least watching, and DC indicated the likelihood of BG watching in subsequent short interviews. The biggest problem I have with my #1 POI is that some of Carter's statements just don't fit the way MJS does. One can easily disregard DC's religious inferences to his own spirituality not necessarily that of the killers. As always, JMO.
ed:sp
ed:again to clarify my post :)

Last edited:
After the April PC I had the VERY strong impression that Doug Carter felt utterly betrayed by someone. Thinking on everything he said in that PC just "screams" at me again. Is it possible that they did utilize some DNA search that narrowed it down to a certain family line? The "we may have interviewed you or someone close to you," and "who may be in this very room." Were any of the Sandifur's at the PC?? I have no doubt MJS was at least watching, and DC indicated the likelihood of BG watching in subsequent short interviews. The biggest problem I have with my #1 POI is that some of Carter's statements just don't fit the way MJS does. One can easily disregard DC's religious inferences to his own spirituality not necessarily that of the killers. As always, JMO.
ed:sp
ed:again to clarify my post :)

MLS (MJS father) reportedly was at PC.

MLS (MJS father) reportedly was at PC.
This post just sent chills down my spine. Everyone and everything appears very quiet today. While I understand it’s a holiday weekend, I sure hope it ends with a bang.

It appears some of you posting here know a lot about this guy to know that his father was at the PC. How do you know that?

Does anyone know whether he was interviewed?
Does anyone know if he was a witness?
Does anyone know if he helped in the search?

My apologies for bombarding this thread but I am insanely interested in this guy.

MOO and thank you!

This post just sent chills down my spine. Everyone and everything appears very quiet today. While I understand it’s a holiday weekend, I sure hope it ends with a bang.

It appears some of you posting here know a lot about this guy to know that his father was at the PC. How do you know that?

Does anyone know whether he was interviewed?
Does anyone know if he was a witness?
Does anyone know if he helped in the search?

My apologies for bombarding this thread but I am insanely interested in this guy.

MOO and thank you!
I don't think it's been confirmed he was at the PC, has it? The only thing I saw was a photo as grainy as the BG video.

I don't think it's been confirmed he was at the PC, has it? The only thing I saw was a photo as grainy as the BG video.

True. Unconfirmed, sorry, now I am getting mixed up.

MOO He is going to fight the molestation charges, drag everyone through as much pain as possible then use the same plea dealing playbook that had him avoiding consequences as before.

BBM

Excellent observation! Seems like they typically issue a statement immediately.

MJS has definitely piqued my interest, and his mostly clean shaven photo looks surprisingly youthful like the new (old) sketch — compared to the hot mess mugshot. Given the holiday weekend, fingers crossed for a Tuesday press conference that wraps up more than one crime!

My heart goes out to his family, who clearly have already suffered too much...

I sure hope something breaks next week. It just feels right(though we’ve had a lot of bandwagons go by, and I’ve certainly jumped on a few).
Unfortunately by Tuesday I might have a hurricane on me. Could I justify purchasing a generator just to stay connected to WS?

Why would his heart be broken? He is still in touch with his mother who put up the bail. Many children have separated parents and don't become paedophiles because of it. There is no excuse. He had best just plead guilty so his family do not have to go thru any testimony IMO.

I don't really get it but it was a no contact order so I'm unsure how that affects things but working together would be a no-no. MOO
My husband's family got split the same way, girls to Mom, boys to Dad. At 50 yrs-60yrs they still hash this out in regular sibling conversation. It was traumatic to them as kids.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back