IN - Mark Sandifur, charged with child molesting, Flora, 28 Aug 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I posted a link above. If you go to it, then scroll all the way down to the end it talks of a son going to father, daughter awarded to mother. I believe son in this mention is MJS. I DO wish Cantaloupe would come back and share more thoughts or insight on this, though. Cantaloupe do you know more?

Why are we hung up on the custody arrangements from MJS’s parents divorce? Am I missing something?
I was going to ask that. Was he molested as a kid perhaps is all I can think would perhaps be relevant IMO.
The breakup was 27 years ago so he was what 7 years old. I cannot see a date suddenly being a trigger for anything after this amount of time. MOO

Thanks for the info. So some are thinking the date may have triggered him I guess. Interesting thought.
Case Search - MyCase

Linked from elsewhere on this thread. I don't know where the Feb. 15 date is coming from. That is not the date of either the divorce filings, the children's separation, or anything else in the case. Is there a different case regarding this somewhere?

Last edited:
One thing we haven’t talked about is what would have been his motivation as BG other than he’s a pervert, which is enough I would think.
The girls were only a couple years older than his daughter so is it possible they had been told or were privy to what this guy was doing?Could he have accosted or approached them in an inappropriate way, at an earlier time, and they threatened to tell, or he feared they might? (The one hole in this way of thinking would be I would imagine they would recognize him so why would they not mention him by name in the audio where supposedly they only mention a creepy guy. Though I guess it’s possible that they referred to MJS as a “creepy guy” anyway)
My own rambling thoughts. Just wondering what y’all were thinking on the subject.

This could also be related to the "interviewed you earlier" part of the PC. Surely they interviewed all the homes near the crime scene. Maybe his relative next to RL is the one covering for him. He would also be known to LE from living across from Flora fires. I am sure they wanted to see any surveillance video or what he saw/knew about family. That and local business could be the betrayal aspect of the PC. I bet he went on the search for Abby and Libby as well...

As Pizza King opens at 4pm on Mondays and MJS lives in West Delphi (on Hwy 421) his route to his business would be on 421.
The police put road blocks, stopped and interviewed all cars passing through commute points, looking for witnesses, building their time line.
Since he could have been expected to be on the road at the time of the crime I am sure he was a bit if a special witness.

Last edited:
One thing we haven’t talked about is what would have been his motivation as BG other than he’s a pervert, which is enough I would think.
The girls were only a couple years older than his daughter so is it possible they had been told or were privy to what this guy was doing?Could he have accosted or approached them in an inappropriate way, at an earlier time, and they threatened to tell, or he feared they might? (The one hole in this way of thinking would be I would imagine they would recognize him so why would they not mention him by name in the audio where supposedly they only mention a creepy guy. Though I guess it’s possible that they referred to MJS as a “creepy guy” anyway)
My own rambling thoughts. Just wondering what y’all were thinking on the subject.
I so hope that this guy is linked (by legitimate evidence, of course) to other crimes in the neighboring areas. The families and community seem so deserving of answers. My heart goes out to the victim and I hope that she is well protected, receives any and all support and protections that she may need now and in the future. I'm very concerned for the victim because the accused seems to supported by at least some Family. Also very disturbed that, as other WS members have pointed out, that the victim was essentially identified. This is shocking being that she is a minor. I guess I am naive as to victim and minor rights. I'm worried for this child.

That the victim's identity has been publicly published is a total slip up on the part of the court.
In Indiana the courts have a procedure for confidentiality called "Rule 9" also called "green sheeting."
Anything confidential and not due to the public has to have a cover sheet, be on green paper and sealed in a document envelope when not being used, obviously this is to keep it safe from prying eyes in court. Green sheeted material is not available to the in public electronic records.
Green sheet material access is signed for and only available to the the court, the attorneys and police.

So, unfortunately, the minor in this case had their privacy violated by court error.

It is such a big slip, and hard to understand.
If an accident, someone in the court doesn't have the aptitude for their court position.
If intentional, there might be a sympathetic MJS family member or friend employed at the court.
The court should hold itself accountable and find out why it happened.

I was going to ask that. Was he molested as a kid perhaps is all I can think would perhaps be relevant IMO.
The breakup was 27 years ago so he was what 7 years old. I cannot see a date suddenly being a trigger for anything after this amount of time. MOO
When you're heart is broken you can hold a grudge for a lifetime. It doesn't go away. Moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back