GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The weird thing is Steve is extremely smart.. It's weird

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he did it he did it, and I can't imagine any judge letting him off because he was taking meds for depression, anxiety, or anything else. This was no crime of passion, and there was certainly no temporary insanity - it was coldly planned and executed. He knew what he was doing when he killed her and he knew what he was doing when he staged the scene and lied to the cops, so I wouldn't worry too much about a BS plea.

Personally I think the best he can do for himself is plead guilty in exchange for less time. The evidence we know about is SO damning - and there's probably more we don't know. If he thinks he's going to BS his way out of this he's even dumber than we know - and we know he's pretty dumb.

There is quite a bit more to the story that hasn't been released just yet.. I just can't get over knowing that she was alive for 2 hours after. She KNEW it was him.. The worst kind of betrayal.. The one you fully give yourself tooo.. Betrays you in the worst way.

I hope he rots and I'll be at ever single trial til he's being bars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This guy doesn't seem like the brightest bulb. There were also no signs of a struggle, nothing that indicates forced entry and no footprints in the snow around the house. I really don't know how he thought he was going to get away with this.

bbm
Yes, this one sounds weak from the get-go. But "they" (the spouses) always seem to think they can just convince the experienced LE investigator with their glib and "perfect" alibi stories. And most of them do not see how weak their stories are. LE is not nearly as dumb as so many spouse-murderers think. LE knows a staged scene when they see one; they go along listening and then ask a question which takes the breath away from the lying spouse. We've seen it happen here time after time after time. Never underestimate the experience of a police detective. They have all been there & done that again and again and again. And the more the spouse talks, the worse & tuffer it will get later on because their first story to LE will stick to them like glue, and they will trip and choke over what they said at the beginning. Sometimes it's almost comical.

We'll see how this one goes....

I hope she didn't know it was him too. Hopefully she was sound asleep and never knew what hit her. :(

I find it curious about this "stalker" he mentioned to the police. What "stalker" opens the door to your house (with a giant dog) and tosses in a piece of lingerie? This certainly doesn't pass the smell test. I would bet this was Steven Lindsey's attempt at inventing a stalker.

bbm
Yes, this one sounds weak from the get-go. But "they" (the spouses) always seem to think they can just convince the experienced LE investigator with their glib and "perfect" alibi stories.
Maybe because they're able to convince their mates - who WANT with all their hearts to believe their lies - and others around them to buy their stories, and start to think they're smarter than everyone else.

A big :welcome: to the folks who have just joined us here on Websleuths! :websleuther:

We're glad to have you here!

It's great that a couple of you are locals -- your familiarity with places and so much more really help with the sleuthing we do. It's nice to have a mix of new & old members, too. New ideas are great and they can really make a difference when we try to understand some things we see.

:thewave:

:justice:

bbm
Yes, this one sounds weak from the get-go. But "they" (the spouses) always seem to think they can just convince the experienced LE investigator with their glib and "perfect" alibi stories. And most of them do not see how weak their stories are. LE is not nearly as dumb as so many spouse-murderers think. LE knows a staged scene when they see one; they go along listening and then ask a question which takes the breath away from the lying spouse. We've seen it happen here time after time after time. Never underestimate the experience of a police detective. They have all been there & done that again and again and again. And the more the spouse talks, the worse & tuffer it will get later on because their first story to LE will stick to them like glue, and they will trip and choke over what they said at the beginning. Sometimes it's almost comical.

We'll see how this one goes....

Typically a Narcissist/Sociopath will test at average or above average intelligence. But they are so focused on themselves that they lose sight of the real picture. And since they lack the ability for empathy, they cannot "see" or understand things from another person's view point or perspective. The other thing (thankfully) is they LOVE to hear themselves talk. And without even realizing it, they are their own worst enemy and before they know; they've talked themselves right into 40-life.

Nobody is *slandering* the brother or anyone else. The brother is obviously a part of this case on some level as Steve Lindsey was living with him right before the murder. He has been mentioned in many articles. Steve Lindsey telephone the brother in between his 911 calls. He also "repeatedly asked about his brother's arrival" to the responding officers, rather than the condition of his wife who had just been shot in the head.

Your *Polekatz* comment was unnecessary. But if you want to make association to that establishment, don't forget that Steve Lindsey and his brother were/are frequent patrons. Steve Lindsey was going there while married to his former wife with a small child at home and cheating on that wife. What was the brother doing?

I'm sure Polekatz doesn't drag patron into their establishment by force. They are there quite willingly.

It's kind of hard to contact people when you are told by detectives "DO NOT HAVE ANY CONTACT WITH HER FAMILY."
In that case it sounds like they knew it was him from the get-go. I'm glad they took their time and hope they put together an air-tight case. He deserves to spend the rest of his life in a cage like the animal he is.

Nobody is *slandering* the brother or anyone else. The brother is obviously a part of this case on some level as Steve Lindsey was living with him right before the murder. He has been mentioned in many articles. Steve Lindsey telephone the brother in between his 911 calls. He also "repeatedly asked about his brother's arrival" to the responding officers, rather than the condition of his wife who had just been shot in the head.

Your *Polekatz* comment was unnecessary. But if you want to make association to that establishment, don't forget that Steve Lindsey and his brother were/are frequent patrons. Steve Lindsey was going there while married to his former wife with a small child at home and cheating on that wife. What was the brother doing?

I'm sure Polekatz doesn't drag patron into their establishment by force. They are there quite willingly.

And the crack a beer remark was necessary? You can't have it both ways.

HE is just an amazing roll model for his SON, who also has to grow up knowing that his daddy killed his step mom.

#JusticeForMelinda

That poor little boy will also have to go through being the kid at school whose father is on trial for murder. I wish they would move the trial to another county for that reason.

In that case it sounds like they knew it was him from the get-go. I'm glad they took their time and hope they put together an air-tight case. He deserves to spend the rest of his life in a cage like the animal he is.

You are being too kind. The cruelty he's inflicted on not just Melinda but his own children is stunning. I wouldn't compare him to even an animal.

JMO

Starshine4u,
I am sorry that your brother; family member; friend; whoever he is to you, has been charged with murdering his wife. I am sure this is incredibly difficult for BOTH families.

This thread is going to be pulled again shortly unless posters follow our rules:

No posting of inside information. We have no way of knowing what is being posted is true or not

No posting of conversations you may have had with law enforcement.

Back up your statement of facts with a link to a mainstream media source or a government document.

I am seeing a lot of posts stating facts without any back up links.

Please follow the Websleuths rules.

Thank you,
Tricia

I am sorry for everyone this case if affecting.

There is the completely innocent murder victim. There are the completely innocent children. There are the families of both Melinda & Steve Lindsey, and there is Steve's ex-wife, there are the friends of both Steve & Melinda.

As is true in many cases like this; family & friends of the accused will defend them, even when faced with cold hard facts. It is difficult to believe that someone we love could be capable of something so horrible. I have seen many cases where there was undeniable proof that eventually convicted the accused. Yet their family members continued to defend them, and even blame the victim.

I hope we can continue to discuss this case here. Thanks again to the mods.

I don't know the victim or the accused.Some of us read here and this was a new case .I could see where it was going yesterday and was happy the WS Admin.stepped in and got things on the right track.From what I have read from news articles a lot of unanswered questions...Like, how do you zip tie yourself with your hands behind your back.I would think that would be hard to accomplish...Not saying it couldn't be done but I don't know.

For the record, I don't know them either.

I thought about the zip tie thing too. But I suppose if one got the "zip" started, then slipped your hands in, it could be done.

I am sure more evidence will come out once this moves along. I am sure with the advances in DNA they can see who's DNA is on those zip ties and if he had a bag of other "like" zip ties in the house or his vehicle.

For the record, I don't know them either.

I thought about the zip tie thing too. But I suppose if one got the "zip" started, then slipped your hands in, it could be done.

I am sure more evidence will come out once this moves along. I am sure with the advances in DNA they can see who's DNA is on those zip ties and if he had a bag of other "like" zip ties in the house or his vehicle.
I can believe he got the zip ties on himself, it's the making the call with his hands tied behind his back I have trouble with. Since his feet were not tied, I wonder that he didn't run to a neighbor and ask them to call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member