GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM
Maybe Melinda had finally reached that point and that's why things turned out the way they did.....

Exactly. If it is true she had a hefty life insurance policy and also true that SL owed back child support, then the ex-wife also had a motive for murder. I think this case has much darker elements to it that we don't yet know.

JMO

I think the stalker was invented to terrorize Melinda. It goes far beyond premeditation.

I agree.
I don't have all the facts in the case, but I've been in law enforcement for a very long time.

If this plays out the way I think it will, it shows some seriously depraved behavior with some seriously stupid plan implementation.

BBM
Maybe Melinda had finally reached that point and that's why things turned out the way they did.....

That is very possible. Perhaps she got sick of his sickness, and tried to stand up to him. This of course is just speculation. The trial will clear up many of the questions we all have.

Even though I have some sympathy (and understanding) for the ex-wife, I in no way blame Melinda. She was lied to. She was young, and according to those who knew her she was fully of hope. She seemed like an exemplary mother. SL just seemed to create hurt and chaos all around.

It has borne out time and again that the most dangerous time for an abused woman is when she is leaving her abuser.

Respectfully, Melinda is the victim. That's not a choice she made.
No one makes the choice to be murdered. And I'm not blaming Melinda for her own murder.

I agree.
I don't have all the facts in the case, but I've been in law enforcement for a very long time.

If this plays out the way I think it will, it shows some seriously depraved behavior with some seriously stupid plan implementation.

I totally agree with you. All we've seen is the tip of the iceberg.

JMO

All the talking of the xwife sure is making her sound like she could/should be a person of interest, when that is not the way the evidence is pointing.

I understand that the xwife was hurt and probably said some stuff that she would take back in light of what has happened to Melinda.

The xwife might want to be very thankful it could have been her, if Melinda hadn't of came along.

BBM. We don't know where all the evidence is pointing or that it is just pointing to Steve.

The $1 million policy was taken out nearly a year prior to the murder. That is a long lead time to premeditate a murder. I'd like to know if SL was behind on his child support and if his ex-wife ever went to court to collect it. He was employed.

http://www.commercial-news.com/news...cle_5bc2171c-b702-11e4-be1b-bf515e255e47.html

I have looked back over this thread and the links provided. Forgive my ignorance, but what is this "other place" or "other site" to which everyone is referring?
Sorry, but that link is not allowed to be posted here, and as such, members should not be discussing what they read there. If you see posts which reference "the other site", please alert on them so mods can remove them. And by the way, the ex-wife is OFF LIMITS here.

Thanks.

Sorry if I offended anyone, but it was beginning to feel like victim bashing, the whole Melinda made a choice to stay with him after she found out about his wife. Just in maturity alone was SL not a 30 something married father of a child, while Melinda was a 20 year old young woman. SL made all the choices, if SL had not lied and cheated on his first wife Melinda would be alive today. Melinda got sucked into his web of lies, very much like his xwife did.

I'm sure that the investigators have ruled out the xwife, just like they have ruled out everyone else

I don`t think that charges would have been laid against SL if the prosecutor did not think that they had a solid case against him.

I really hope that the adults on both sides can look past what has happened so the 2 children can be in each others lives. Those poor kids have lost so much already, it would be a shame for them not to remain in each others lives.

I'm not saying YOU can delete...I'm saying or asking if a Verified person can delete...? Like your Verified Friend...? geeeez

The answer is no.

Questions such as this one should always be addressed in a private message to a moderator or administrator. Do not post them in the thread.

Sorry if I offended anyone, but it was beginning to feel like victim bashing, the whole Melinda made a choice to stay with him after she found out about his wife. Just in maturity alone was SL not a 30 something married father of a child, while Melinda was a 20 year old young woman. SL made all the choices, if SL had not lied and cheated on his first wife Melinda would be alive today. Melinda got sucked into his web of lies, very much like his xwife did.

I'm sure that the investigators have ruled out the xwife, just like they have ruled out everyone else

I don`t think that charges would have been laid against SL if the prosecutor did not think that they had a solid case against him.

I really hope that the adults on both sides can look past what has happened so the 2 children can be in each others lives. Those poor kids have lost so much already, it would be a shame for them not to remain in each others lives.

I'm not assuming the investigation is closed just because an arrest has been made. I think the adults caring for the children will continue to ensure their best interest is a priority.

JMO

As to speculation that the ex-wife, or his brother (both mentioned as potential suspects on this site), there still is the fact that the police stated there were NO footprints through the snow to the house, or away from the house. I know no more than anybody else on this site, but I think the evidence falls very heavily on SL, and nobody else.

As to speculation that the ex-wife, or his brother (both mentioned as potential suspects on this site), there still is the fact that the police stated there were NO footprints through the snow to the house, or away from the house. I know no more than anybody else on this site, but I think the evidence falls very heavily on SL, and nobody else.

According to the news article I posted up thread, police said there were no footprints in the snow to the windows. That implies the perp(s) walked right in through a door.

JMO

investigators did not find any shoe prints leading up to any of the windows of the home, after examining the outside of the home, according to charging documents.

http://www.commercial-news.com/news...cle_5bc2171c-b702-11e4-be1b-bf515e255e47.html

I think the stalker was invented to terrorize Melinda. It goes far beyond premeditation.

Absolutely agreed. If the accused does prove to be behind the stalking incidents, it is yet another outrageously cruel abuse of the victim. It certainly wasn't my intent to insinuate otherwise. What I meant was that the attempt to create reasonable doubt and an alibi may instead become additional proof of premeditation.

Absolutely agreed. If the accused does prove to be behind the stalking incidents, it is yet another outrageously cruel abuse of the victim. It certainly wasn't my intent to insinuate otherwise. What I meant was that the attempt to create reasonable doubt and an alibi may instead become proof of premeditation.

I agreed with you. My point is that it is proof of both premeditation AND extreme cruelty. It rises the murder to the level of a heinous crime. I simply don't believe this was the work of one person.

JMO

Neither one should have been mentioned as potential anything in my opinion..An arrest has been made...and unless someone else is arrested in this case I don't think its right to discuss people known to either side out of speculation....if I was them and read what was written ...well..SLANDER comes to mind...

Absolutely agreed. If the accused does prove to be behind the stalking incidents, it is yet another outrageously cruel abuse of the victim. It certainly wasn't my intent to insinuate otherwise. What I meant was that the attempt to create reasonable doubt and an alibi may instead become additional proof of premeditation.

What it proves to me is that someone else is involved. I don't believe Steve did the actual "stalking", I believe he got someone else to do it in exchange for a cut in that $1 million.

JMO

What it proves to me is that someone else is involved. I don't believe Steve did the actual "stalking", I believe he got someone else to do it in exchange for a cut in that $1 million.

JMO

That is a very interesting idea. And very plausible.

Does it really matter who divorced who. He broke the wedding vows, and got another girl pregnant. He may have divorced so he could marry Melinda. She might have divorced him to get his sorry A$$ out of their lives.

I hope she doesn't have to testify. I'm sure she could provide plenty of evidence that Lindsey was a total deadbeat. Court records attest to that. But that doesn't make him a murderer. All that matters is the evidence that proves he shot Melinda.

I hope she doesn't have to testify. I'm sure she could provide plenty of evidence that Lindsey was a total deadbeat. Court records attest to that. But that doesn't make him a murderer. All that matters is the evidence that proves he shot Melinda.
It may be relevant as to his character. Granted not all deadbeat dads are killers, but it is another strike against him. It could go towards motve. I hope she doesn't have to testify either, but I don't see how she could avoid it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1