GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure that he divorced the xwife or did the xwife divorce him, upon finding out about SL extra curricular activities.I

I wonder if the prosecutor is going to call the xwife to testify

I'm not sure who filed...I guess it might be a matter of public record...I do not know her name...I would assume she might be called...I don't know the answer to that either...

I think the fact that he blatantly disregarded her wishes and her family's wishes is very telling. She was disposable to him, and in the end he proved that. Deactivating the Facebook account, cremating her, not placing an obituary in the paper, none of these are the actions of a loving grieving husband. Rather they reflect the actions of a man who couldn't care less about anyone's wishes other than his own.

What is also very interesting about this is that after the murder he had to know he was the suspect. He should have put on the biggest acting job of his life and pretended he was grieving, and try to do what a grieving husband would do. Instead he becomes person non grata and he goes out and tries to cash in on the insurance policy. Who knows, he might have disappeared had he been able to get enough cash. Fortunately he was arrested before he had that chance.

Ok, and please don't take this wrong...I have done my own research when this forum started...I guess I can't name the forum or place I read things on but from the sounds of what is posted and still being posted Melinda was young that is true....but she also had a mind of her own and very independent..people talked about how she would get right in someones face to defend a friend....Her beautiful face was on a Billboard
Advertising her place of Employment at that time and I am in no way talking down to what she did for a living...Is this where she met Steve? If so, I'm sure she heard every line in the book...so, I wouldn't call her naive....rather I would say she fell for him and believed him and most likely loved him...

perhaps Melinda was street wise, in some ways, but she was definitively naive as well, People can be multifaceted snowwhite. Some say Steve Lindsey is extremely intelligent, you would never know it looking at the Train Wreck he has created, but possibly he is intelligent, in certain ways.

Psychopaths have a certain brilliance for manipulation, and ways of exerting control over others, that can be difficult to describe to those have never been a victim of one. Even the smartest, most savvy, people have been taken in by them.

He may have done the right thing by Melinda. But what about his first wife and son?? Just because a million other men have done it doesn't make cheating on your wife and getting another woman pregnant Ok! This doesn't make him somehow a good-guy. He's a all the way around. This makes him a BAD husband, and a BAD dad. When a man cheats on the mother of his children or KILLS her, that makes him a bad dad. I don't care how many times he took the kid to the zoo or out for a pony ride. Add to that, he didn't pay child support.
Men who cheat are generally lying about EVERYTHING. They are lying to their wife, they are lying to their girlfriend, they are lying to everyone. They are living a DOUBLE LIFE!!!
I don't care how you spin this. It's not ok. EVER.
How many dead wives have we seen on this forum and OH MY!! There's a cheating husband!! What a shock!! NOT!!
I don't mean anything bad towards Melinda by this because I AM SURE he lied to her about the truth of his marital status when he met her. All of Steven Lindsey's lies show what levels of deception he is capable of. And truth be known, he was probably cheating on her too.

This is very true. I would imagine his first wife has a load of stories (even prior to cheating probably) that show what a bad husband/father he was. Although she was likely devastated when she found out he had a pregnant girlfriend, and he walked away from her and their son, in the end she was the lucky one. She and her child are still alive. The ex-wife is a victim of this too. Because of his past actions, and because now she has to raise a child knowing his/her father is a murderer (assuming he is found guilty). Even if by some "OJ" luck he is not found guilty, the child will hear, via the stuff on the internet, that Dad is a mean, cruel monster.

The drive was done however the walkway wasn't, there are no fresh footprints away from the home or leading up the doors..

#JusticeForMelinda

Thank you for posting this as well as the other recent facts you've shared. I really hope this puts the ridiculous "stalker" theory to rest. No one can walk on snow without leaving footprints. This means someone in the house murdered Melinda and through a simple process of elimination, it could not have been the dogs or the baby. That only leaves SL who also happened to have a motive - to collect on her life insurance.

Are you sure that he divorced the xwife or did the xwife divorce him, upon finding out about SL extra curricular activities.I

I wonder if the prosecutor is going to call the xwife to testify

Does it really matter who divorced who. He broke the wedding vows, and got another girl pregnant. He may have divorced so he could marry Melinda. She might have divorced him to get his sorry A$$ out of their lives.

perhaps Melinda was street wise, in some ways, but she was definitively naive as well, People can be multifaceted snowwhite. Some say Steve Lindsey is extremely intelligent, you would never know it looking at the Train Wreck he has created, but possibly he is intelligent, in certain ways.

Psychopaths have a way of exerting control over others, that can be difficult to describe to those have never been a victim of one. Even the smartest, most savvy, people have been taken in by them.

I can't disagree with you on that...I have read all of Ann Rule true crime Books so I'm well aware of what a Psychopath is...plus I have followed Websleuths for years before I joined...

How on earth, are we supposed trust the word of a *Verified Insider* family member of Steve, who didn't know Melinda, went for years without seeing her, "close" relative", (will not even SAY how they are related?!), and is basically just going on what Steve Lindsey told her?

It turned out to be the rest of Melinda's LIFE.
We don't know how long SL knew Melinda. How long was their relationship before she got pregnant? I know she loved him, or rather the illusion he projected for her. But if she got pregnant with Baby Girl towards the beginning of it all, then two years should be but right for the timeline.

I'm thinking that SL wanted a quick easy fling. I believe had Melinda never gotten pregnant she would still be alive today. I believe that if SL'S first wife not discovered the affair and divorced him, had Melinda been just a fling, she would still be alive. She deserved better. She deserved someone who would love her as much as she loved him. She deserved to grow and see her daughter graduate college, start her own family.

SL, this is my own opinion, maybe felt trapped by a situation out of his control. He wanted out, but wanted to preserve the "good guy" image so he couldn't divorce her. But losing her to a crime would add to his status. He could play the tragic victim. According to Set Her Soul Free, SL told Melinda his wife and child had died. Think about that for a minute. His wife died. Then think about Set Her Soul Free's statement about insurance on Baby Girl.

I'm not saying YOU can delete...I'm saying or asking if a Verified person can delete...? Like your Verified Friend...? geeeez

"Verified insider" only means that their personal connection to the case has been verified. They are still regular members. The forum has not granted them administrative capabilities. If you don't believe me, which I'm sure you don't, ask one of the admins.

Only Moderators and Administrators can remove posts. I don't see any posts recently that have been removed. If you have a question please alert and ask a MOD instead of discussing it within the thread.

Thanks, Lambchop

Speaking of "Verified"...I might have to question the Verified person that deleted posts from before and for what reason? I've never had a post deleted and I've been on Websleuths for a few years...That Verified person also deleted a couple of others peoples post...Starshine4u if I re-call had her posts deleted..I can only assume it was because she was posting her truth about what she knows...Perhapes thats why she became Verified...You can't delete...you don't have to agree with anything she posts but you can't delete what she posts...I suppose you can still delete what I post though...

I highly doubt a verified person has the administrative ability to delete anyone's posts. Only a site administrator can do that and that would be a moderator. If they delete a post, it's because the TOS were violated.

Only Moderators and Administrators can remove posts. I don't see any posts recently that have been removed. If you have a question please alert and ask a MOD instead of discussing it within the thread.

Thanks, Lambchop

Sorry, I should know better and should have contacted you..I was just curious because none of my posts have been deleted since we have another Verified person on the other side now...where as before we only had one side and those posts were deleted so I wondered about that...

I have to wonder if the cruise took place, was he originally thinking of maybe throwing her over board, but just never got the chance.

I really don't feel that this thread is the place to make statements that SL did right by Melinda, just because he married her doesn't mean he did right by her.

Maybe there was stalker, I could be completely wrong on this kind of thought, don't know much about stalkers. If it's a male stalker and he is giving a pretty woman lingerie, is his intentions really to shoot her in the head, I think it would be more to have his way with her. I could see a jealous woman stalker shooting a woman that they felt inferior to in the head.

Her personal testimony about Steve Lindsey, (which she publicly shared already), is relevant to this crime. I am certain Melinda didn't *want* to have HER personal text messages published on the other forum, but they were... seems like a case of "Can Dish It Out But... IMO

I was thinking about this. Was Melinda's personal text posted on the other site AFTER the murder. If so, that wasn't too kind. But if it was before she was murdered, ex-spouses go through years of anger and betrayal pain after the event (believe me, I know). The spouse of course deserves the majority of that anger. But, the one he cheated with generally gets some anger thrown in their direction as well. Who knows if the wife knew that Steve did not tell Melinda that he had a family while he was cheating with her. If so, that should deflect pretty much all of the anger back at the spouse. But in anger people behave in ways they would never have before.

I hope the ex-wife has lost the anger. Her child lost Melinda too, so she needs to protect him from her anger. I'm sure she has enough anger at Steve for a very long list of things he's done that has hurt her and their child.

I would bet this "stalker" is Steve Lindsey, or someone helping Steve Lindsey. And this stalker seems to want people to believe his stalking has something to do with the club because he threw a bag of lingerie into the house. Really? How lame.

First of all, Melinda hadn't worked at that club for YEARS. Stalkers don't go dormant and then spring back into some wild obsession. They usually "Stalk and harass" the entire time. Then, we're suppose to believe that this violent "stalker", who's real intent is to kill, is going to risk being caught and arrested throwing a bag of lingerie into the house. What does that mean anyway? Violent stalkers are usually calling on the phone, leaving threatening messages, slashing tires, vandalizing your property, following you relentlessly, leaving dead animals on your doorstep. That's what real stalkers do.
Throwing lingerie into your living room?? That's original. And complete BS if you ask me.

Maybe there was stalker, I could be completely wrong on this kind of thought, don't know much about stalkers. If it's a male stalker and he is giving a pretty woman lingerie, is his intentions really to shoot her in the head, I think it would be more to have his way with her. I could see a jealous woman stalker shooting a woman that they felt inferior to in the head.

I would imagine if the "stalker" was obsessed with Melinda, he would want to get rid of the competition (SL) so that she would be available for him. Why leave SL alive and well? And as Set Her Soul Free stated, Melinda never saw the stalker, only what the stalker was reported to have done.

How on earth, are we supposed trust the word of a *Verified Insider* family member of Steve, who didn't know Melinda, went for years without seeing her, "close" relative", (will not even SAY how they are related?!), and is basically just going on what Steve Lindsey told her?

It turned out to be the rest of Melinda's LIFE.

We are not "supposed" to believe her. Whether we believe her or not is up to us. She has a right to express her thoughts and opinions on this case just like everyone else.

I totally have always believed that SL was/had set up a stalker situation. I do believe if there are police reports that SL had Melinda believing in the stalker, I don't think she would have filed a false police report.

My thoughts more ran to the types of stalkers, just because the stalker had been talked about so much in this thread.

The problem with SL story from the beginning was he stated it was an intruder, and there has never been any evidence to support this, in fact all the evidence points to no intruder.

I would never condone a cheating spouse EVER...and to be honest...I didn't and divorced him...what I was trying to say is that men do it everyday.Steve is not unique in that regard...They lie about everything to get what they want...you can bet my sympathies go to the X wife who was betrayed and the innocent children who this affects...I have 3...BUT, he divorced the x and married Melinda...he didn't have to do that which tells me he must have cared about her enough to do that....
Either that, or his first wife found out he had a pregnant girlfriend and tossed him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1