GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the autopsy report available ??...I wonder if any sleep aid was found in her system....? Maybe they didn't bind his feet because they wanted to move him to the Babies room which to me sounds a little sadistic for his child to see her Dad in that position in the first place...If he was a loving dad which I don't know ...just assuming ...that would be the last place he would put himself...

Nothing was found in her stomach

#JusticeForMelinda

Thanks, I read the article...pretty incriminating to say the least.I did read a post from Steve's relative where she said the Newspapers got a lot of information wrong...

Most of the papers where dead on, as far as what the detectives told a few close friends and melindas family.. Idk what exactly they would tell Steves family to be honest Bc idk if it would hinder the case or if they just do not talk to them. However I know that I personally saw the crime scene after it was released..

#JusticeForMelinda

Most of the papers where dead on, as far as what the detectives told a few close friends and melindas family.. Idk what exactly they would tell Steves family to be honest Bc idk if it would hinder the case or if they just do not talk to them. However I know that I personally saw the crime scene after it was released..

#JusticeForMelinda
That must have been horrible for you. I'm so sorry for your loss.

It will be very interesting to see what the trial proves as the truth and the real story. My gut tells me that the stalker story was a creation of the murderer as an elaborate attempt to create a cover before the murder took place. I think it will end up proving nothing more than premeditation.

It will be very interesting to see what the trial proves as the truth and the real story. My gut tells me that the stalker story was a creation of the murderer as an elaborate attempt to create a cover before the murder took place. I think it will end up proving nothing more than premeditation.

I agree. The police reports prove nothing except that SL CLAIMED someone was bothering them. The cops didn't see the stalker. His family member (I think it was) mentioned that a neighbor saw someone watching their house - but again, where did she get that information? From Steven? Melinda didn't see the stalker - only what the stalker did, or rather what STEVEN CLAIMED the stalker did.

Anyway, I agree with ArabianLover that it doesn't really matter if they had a stalker or not. What matters is the evidence found in the house that morning.

Im very close with Melindas father, they are like family to me... I can just say I CANT wait for everything to come out in the courts. Especially the Policy on the daughter.

Nothing was written out, Melinda expressed a million times that she never wanted to be burned, she wanted to be buried with a big beautiful headstone that "made everyone look" the way they did her.

#JusticeForMelinda
That is so very sad. Many people don't express what they prefer when they die, so it's a toss of the dice whether to cremate or not. But you say she expressly said she wanted to be buried with a headstone, and he did just the opposite. I hope she haunts him for the rest of his life.

He lied about his name
His race
First he had never been married then
He said his wife and child died
He said his son was his nephew
He lied about his age
He like about where he lived
Just to name a few

#JusticeForMelinda
Ok I have to ask this. Why on earth did she stay with him? When did her family find out how deceitful he is? What was it about him that gave him such power over her??

That is so very sad. Many people don't express what they prefer when they die, so it's a toss of the dice whether to cremate or not. But you say she expressly said she wanted to be buried with a headstone, and he did just the opposite. I hope she haunts him for the rest of his life.
I think the fact that he blatantly disregarded her wishes and her family's wishes is very telling. She was disposable to him, and in the end he proved that. Deactivating the Facebook account, cremating her, not placing an obituary in the paper, none of these are the actions of a loving grieving husband. Rather they reflect the actions of a man who couldn't care less about anyone's wishes other than his own.

Not trying to change your opinion, but I do know that SL and Melinda were sitting together on the couch watching t.v. when someone opened the patio door and threw in a bag of lingerie. Also, he had taken her to the doctor and they were together the day the bedroom screen was cut and window tampered with. Neighbors reported seeing a man sitting out in front of the house watching. Steve was in the bathroom when Melinda saw a man in their backyard beating the dogs. Twist that anyway you want, but it was true someone was stalking her.

Out of curiosity, did you hear that story directly from Steve and Melinda? Both of them?

It's beginning to sound like SL is a psychopath, not just greedy. He sounds like he was very manipulative and controlling. A young naive woman would never have seen through all SL manipulation. I had read somewhere when Melinda wanted to visit her family SL would take the baby away to stop Melinda from going, how many other family members and friends did he isolate her from?

I'm really trying to be open minded about this...Yes, Melinda was murdered and Steve has been arrested for the crime....but, he hasn't had his day in court and found guilty..Most all of you have repeated he was a known liar....What has he lied about....? From what I have read on here he lied to Melinda about not being married....He is certainly not the first man to do that or the last I'm sure...and he divorced his then wife and married her...seems to me he did the right thing by Melinda since she was pregnant with his child or already had the baby...I'm confused about that.......So, what other lies has he told that a million other men haven't? I'm just curious....

He may have done the right thing by Melinda. But what about his first wife and son?? Just because a million other men have done it doesn't make cheating on your wife and getting another woman pregnant Ok! This doesn't make him somehow a good-guy. He's a all the way around. This makes him a BAD husband, and a BAD dad. When a man cheats on the mother of his children or KILLS her, that makes him a bad dad. I don't care how many times he took the kid to the zoo or out for a pony ride. Add to that, he didn't pay child support.
Men who cheat are generally lying about EVERYTHING. They are lying to their wife, they are lying to their girlfriend, they are lying to everyone. They are living a DOUBLE LIFE!!!
I don't care how you spin this. It's not ok. EVER.
How many dead wives have we seen on this forum and OH MY!! There's a cheating husband!! What a shock!! NOT!!
I don't mean anything bad towards Melinda by this because I AM SURE he lied to her about the truth of his marital status when he met her. All of Steven Lindsey's lies show what levels of deception he is capable of. And truth be known, he was probably cheating on her too.

I'm really trying to be open minded about this...Yes, Melinda was murdered and Steve has been arrested for the crime....but, he hasn't had his day in court and found guilty..Most all of you have repeated he was a known liar....What has he lied about....? From what I have read on here he lied to Melinda about not being married....He is certainly not the first man to do that or the last I'm sure...and he divorced his then wife and married her...seems to me he did the right thing by Melinda since she was pregnant with his child or already had the baby...I'm confused about that.......So, what other lies has he told that a million other men haven't? I'm just curious....

Steven Lindsey profiles like a Narcissistic, pathological liar. He spit on his first wife and child, and if you ask me, he NEVER did "right" by Melinda... He didn't look at all pleased in the photos at the JP wedding, on her Facebook, and probably just rushed a ceremony so it would be a sure thing to collect the life insurance.

He is the *wrongest* thing that ever happened to that poor girl!

He has shown that he has no problem ruthlessly destroying other peoples lives for his own selfish reasons. To him, other people are just props in the "Steve Lindsey Drama", interchangeable AND DISPOSABLE.

How on earth, are we supposed trust the word of a *Verified Insider* family member of Steve, who didn't know Melinda, went for years without seeing her, "close" relative", (will not even SAY how they are related?!), and is basically just going on what Steve Lindsey told her?

What is long term? I didn't know anything about Melinda until the baby was born. That's only been 2 years. Two years isn't long at all.

It turned out to be the rest of Melinda's LIFE.

If you read what she wrote than you also read that she has a very ill husband. She also told you all the things she has to do for caring for him.We don't know how long he has been ill, which by the way not a one of you acknowledge that...I can only imagine what she might be going through and yet comes here to try and answers what questions she can.I also know to get Verified you have to prove to Tricia that you are related....I had a friend that was Verified and she had to send her Birth Certificate.Being a close relative doesn't mean she is in contact with Steve...but maybe close to someone who is close to Steve.

Ok I have to ask this. Why on earth did she stay with him? When did her family find out how deceitful he is? What was it about him that gave him such power over her??

I read that she didn't learn the truth about him until after she was pregnant. She was young. She was hopeful. I would imagine that he was on his best behavior in the beginning of their relationship.

When I found myself in an abusive relationship with my cheating ex-husband, I didn't run away and leave him. I had hope that things would work out. He gave me crumbs and I accepted them. I don't know what the case was with Melinda, but I can understand why she stayed with him.

He may have done the right thing by Melinda. But what about his first wife and son?? Just because a million other men have done it doesn't make cheating on your wife and getting another woman pregnant Ok! This doesn't make him somehow a good-guy. He's a all the way around. This makes him a BAD husband, and a BAD dad. When a man cheats on the mother of his children or KILLS her, that makes him a bad dad. I don't care how many times he took the kid to the zoo or out for a pony ride. Add to that, he didn't pay child support.
Men who cheat are generally lying about EVERYTHING. They are lying to their wife, they are lying to their girlfriend, they are lying to everyone. They are living a DOUBLE LIFE!!!
I don't care how you spin this. It's not ok. EVER.
How many dead wives have we seen on this forum and OH MY!! There's a cheating husband!! What a shock!! NOT!!
I don't mean anything bad towards Melinda by this because I AM SURE he lied to her about the truth of his marital status when he met her. All of Steven Lindsey's lies show what levels of deception he is capable of. And truth be known, he was probably cheating on her too.

I would never condone a cheating spouse EVER...and to be honest...I didn't and divorced him...what I was trying to say is that men do it everyday.Steve is not unique in that regard...They lie about everything to get what they want...you can bet my sympathies go to the X wife who was betrayed and the innocent children who this affects...I have 3...BUT, he divorced the x and married Melinda...he didn't have to do that which tells me he must have cared about her enough to do that....

I have noticed on the court website that on the 10th of April 2015 the case summary notes there is scheduled a "Change of Plea Hearing" for SL. Does this mean SL is changing his plea or has made a deal for a lighter sentence?

What does this mean - does SL "make a deal" and get sentenced by a judge only, and/or does he go to a full jury trial?

From what I've read about "Change of Plea Hearings", this means SL plans on changing his plea in return for a reduced sentence. If the judge accepts the plea, SL will be sentenced at that time. If the judge does not accept it, the case will go to a full jury trial.

This strongly indicates SL's attorney realizes the odds are stacked against his client, and I believe SL is guilty as charged. If he was innocent, why would he agree to pursue a plea deal? I would think he'd want to have his day in court.

For the sake of Melinda and her loved ones, I really hope the judge does not accept a plea deal. They deserve for justice to be served, and if SL is convicted, he deserves to spend the rest of his life in prison.

Are you sure that he divorced the xwife or did the xwife divorce him, upon finding out about SL extra curricular activities.I

I wonder if the prosecutor is going to call the xwife to testify

It's beginning to sound like SL is a psychopath, not just greedy. He sounds like he was very manipulative and controlling. A young naive woman would never have seen through all SL manipulation. I had read somewhere when Melinda wanted to visit her family SL would take the baby away to stop Melinda from going, how many other family members and friends did he isolate her from?

Ok, and please don't take this wrong...I have done my own research when this forum started...I guess I can't name the forum or place I read things on but from the sounds of what is posted and still being posted Melinda was young that is true....but she also had a mind of her own and very independent..people talked about how she would get right in someones face to defend a friend....Her beautiful face was on a Billboard
Advertising her place of Employment at that time and I am in no way talking down to what she did for a living...Is this where she met Steve? If so, I'm sure she heard every line in the book...so, I wouldn't call her naive....rather I would say she fell for him and believed him and most likely loved him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1