GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the article after the arrest....it did not say he had no marks on him....he said he had two numb fingers but his neck was ok...sorry, probably not word for word so you can read it here...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...tb-lindsey-arrest-st-0213-20150212-story.html

on this page: http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/porter/center-township-man-charged-in-slaying-of-his-wife/article_141ee1c6-85ec-5613-a8fa-c0b6ee229f69.html

"Police said they found no marks or bruises on Steven Lindsey's neck."

It really doesn't matter to me if there was a "stalker" or not. The fact that there was no forced entry on the house tells a big part of this story. And seriously; Anyone who has ever had a "stalker" or feared a possible intruder (like having your keys or garage door opener stolen) would go into hypervigilant status. You change locks, add deadbolts, put locks on windows, install security systems, etc. you don't leave your doors unlocked.
And if we're to believe this "stalker" theory, we have to believe that he was so obsessed/angry with Melinda that his intent was to kill her. So the stalker chooses to come into her home at a time when her husband is likely at home. He might even be able to see him laying on the sofa if the TV is still on. Maybe Steve Lindsey's vehicle is even parked out front. I'm assuming so, since they used the garage for other things and the neighbors mentioned this. Then we have to believe that the "stalker" decided to go into her home anyway, UNARMED, ready to face her husband and three dogs. So this stalker walks in, without a weapon, is able to sneak up on Steve Lindsey and choke him unconscience. And he did this without Steve Lindsey making a peep or the dogs going crazy. But luck seems to be on his side, so he continues. He manages to find a bag of zip-ties after he drags Steve Lindsey into the baby's room. He ties ONLY Steve Lindsey's arms behind his back. Not his feet. This "stalker" for whatever reason isn't too worried about Steve Lindsey getting to his feet or running. The baby, who I assume saw the "stalker" drag her father into her room and tie him up, remains calm & unfazed.
Now the stalker, still unarmed, heads off to find Melinda. He gets to Melinda. He has to find HER GUN in her house and then shoot her with it. She was found laying in bed with the gunshot wound. Wouldn't any reasonable person think with all the prior commotion going on, she might have at least woke up? New mothers don't take sleep aids. Unless it's been slipped to them by someone trying to harm them.
And Steve Lindsey only "wakes up" after hearing the gunshot. Somehow he has his cell phone with him. He does dial 911. And he's screaming his head off.
Police arrive. No sign of forced entry. No marks on the carpet of "dragging". No marks on Steven Lindsey's neck from being choked unconscience. Calm baby in the crib. No foot prints near or around the house. No sign of a struggle inside the home. A wife who is fatally wounded with a gunshot in her head laying in bed. Positive gunshot residue test on husband.
There is a $1,000,000.00 life insurance police on this 23yo housewife with an additional $100,000 accidental death.

Certainly everything you posted is a valid argument against the accussed...I'm sure all of this will be brought up at trial...However, I do think The Stalker theory has some merit as well...just because there was no forced entry doesn't mean that a person didn't enter the house.I'd like to know who that person was that sat in a car outside their home and sent Melinda messages....Steve's relative said they knew who he was...I hope he has been throughly investigated and what connection he had to her...maybe a scorned X boyfriend ?? Maybe he was the one who threw personal items inside the house....I don't think this is a cut and dry case...

I do realize that SL's relative stated that there was some errors in newspaper reports, but it's more than just one paper reporting it, they all can't be wrong. I feel that SLs relative may have on rose colored glasses where SL is concerned, they want to believe in his innocence, and everyone else wants justice for Melinda and her family.

If he had marks the police would have taken pictures of them for trial, cause the intruder assaulted him and murdered Melinda.

The story SL told from the beginning was full of holes. I believe that the investigators were on to him from the start, they probably did that statement to him, don't leave town, they needed the evidence to make sure the charges stick and he gets convicted.

I find it very disturbing that he didn't show Melinda the dignity of a proper burial, Melinda and her family deserved better.

The intruder/possible guy out front of house seen by neighbors, I cannot imagine for 1 second that if there is any truth behind this that the investigators have not checked him out, and if he exists have ruled him out. There were reports of police questioning the neighbors after the shooting, if I was the neighbor and I was the one who saw the person watching the Lindsey's, I know I would tell the police when they questioned me about the Lindsey's, strange car parked in front of house, there's been a guy watching the house.

The reports stated that there were no footprints in the snow up to the house. So, if the stalker theory were to be advanced, they'd have to figure out how he got in without leaving footprints. Maybe a flying skateboard like in Back To The Future??? Unless the police messed up on that evidence, that'll be a pretty difficult hurdle for his attorney to explain.

The reports stated that there were no footprints in the snow up to the house. So, if the stalker theory were to be advanced, they'd have to figure out how he got in without leaving footprints. Maybe a flying skateboard like in Back To The Future??? Unless the police messed up on that evidence, that'll be a pretty difficult hurdle for his attorney to explain.

Not sure if I'm doing this right..What do you see in this photo...? I see foot prints and a shoveled driveway....Melinda's House.jpg

I have noticed on the court website that on the 10th of April 2015 the case summary notes there is scheduled a "Change of Plea Hearing" for SL. Does this mean SL is changing his plea or has made a deal for a lighter sentence?

What does this mean - does SL "make a deal" and get sentenced by a judge only, and/or does he go to a full jury trial?

I have noticed on the court website that on the 10th of April 2015 the case summary notes there is scheduled a "Change of Plea Hearing" for SL. Does this mean SL is changing his plea or has made a deal for a lighter sentence?

What does this mean - does SL "make a deal" and get sentenced by a judge only, and/or does he go to a full jury trial?

Would you provide a link to that page, please? That's interesting. I wonder if he's just going to plead guilty?

Not sure if I'm doing this right..What do you see in this photo...? I see foot prints and a shoveled driveway....View attachment 71679

I don't know what you're trying to show here. Proof of a "stalker"? This photo was taken the morning after the shooting and after the property had been trampled by police, EMT's, investigators, and who-knows who else. I don't see a "shoveled drive-way". I see grass peeking through the edge of an UNshoveled driveway. And since this was taken from the street, you can't really see anything at all. This isn't "proof" of anything.

I don't know what you're trying to show here. Proof of a "stalker"? This photo was taken the morning after the shooting and after the property had been trampled by police, EMT's, investigators, and who-knows who else. I don't see a "shoveled drive-way". I see grass peeking through the edge of an UNshoveled driveway. And since this was taken from the street, you can't really see anything at all. This isn't "proof" of anything.

Well, I'm sure your eyes are sharper than mine.Yes, I can SEE that could possibly be grass after I blew up the photo....plus you most likely have been to the home and know the driveway and where it is......I just assumed this photo was taken the day of the crime...and speaking of PROOF...all you have is what the Newspapers are reporting and we all know how accurate they can be..

I don't know what it is. But there was also another hearing back on 2/23 that was also listed as "Change of Plea Hearing" It's probably for something else.

Ok this is the Chronological Case Summary from the Indiana Courts – Case Search public records. I have highlighted the 10 April line, but it may be reset to the 8th of May 2015 now? which is the pretrial conference date as well. It also notes there was an order of protection served on SL 13 Feb 2015. Is this for his child/children?

Charges: LINDSEY, STEVEN Statute Level Date
1. 35-42-1-1(1): Murder 35-42-1-1(1) Murder 01/16/2015
Events & Orders of the Court
02/12/2015 Case Opened as a New Filing
02/12/2015 Information Filed
File Stamp: 02/12/2015
02/12/2015 Probable Cause Affidavit Filed
File Stamp: 02/12/2015
02/12/2015 Order Issuing Warrant for Arrest (Judicial Officer: Alexa, William E )
NO BOND
Order Signed: 02/12/2015
02/12/2015 Warrant or Writ of Attmnt for the Body of a Person Issued
02/13/2015 Hearing Scheduling Activity
Change of Plea Hearing scheduled for 04/10/2015 at 9:00 AM.
Final PreTrial Conference scheduled for 04/10/2015 at 9:00 AM.
Final PreTrial Conference scheduled for 04/13/2015 at 9:00 AM.
Final PreTrial Conference scheduled for 04/13/2015 at 9:00 AM was cancelled. Reason: Assigned in Error.
Final PreTrial Conference originally scheduled on 04/10/2015 at 9:00 AM was rescheduled to 05/08/2015 at 9:00 AM. Reason: Data Entry Error.
Jury Trial scheduled for 06/08/2015 at 1:00 PM.
02/13/2015 No Contact Order Issued
Order Signed: 2/13/2015\r
Party: STEVEN LINDSEY\r
POR - No Contact Order - Pretrial Release Issued by HON WILLIAM ALEXA
Order Signed: 02/13/2015
02/13/2015 Service Returned Served: Order of Protection
POR - Service Perfected - Service Date: 2/13/2015 3:00 PM; Person Served: STEVEN LINDSEY; Served By: COURT STAFF; Street: 16 Lincolnway; City: Valparaiso; County: Porter; Agency: Porter Superior Court 2; ID/Badge: ; Manner: Court
02/20/2015 Warrant or Writ of Attmnt for the Body of a Person Served
02/24/2015 Motion Filed
Filed By: Gensel, Brian Thomas
File Stamp: 02/13/2015
02/24/2015 Discovery Order Entered (Judicial Officer: Alexa, William E )
02/24/2015 Order on Initial Hearing (Judicial Officer: Alexa, William E )
DEF HAS RETAINED COUNSEL. BOND DENIED
02/24/2015 Appearance Filed
For Party: LINDSEY, STEVEN
Attorney: Harper, Robert Patch
Attorney: Rogers, Larry William
File Stamp: 02/18/2015
04/10/2015 Change of Plea Hearing (9:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Alexa, William E)
Omnibus

05/08/2015 Final PreTrial Conference (9:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Alexa, William E)
04/10/2015 Reset by Court to 05/08/2015
06/08/2015 Jury Trial (1:00 PM) (Judicial Officer Alexa, William E)

It pears the change of plea was filed in error....

Woops nevermind. Just saw where you have it in bold text.

I can't answer for anyone but I did my own research awhile ago and I saw that she had a memorial service by googling her name. I assume given by her family and a beautiful Video was also shown...I don't know if I'm allowed to post the link so I guess someone can remove it if not...https://www.tributeslides.com/tributes/show/339BQ2T3Y74Y764Q.....I don't think its uncommon for the accussed not to be in touch with her family especially if they think he killed their daughter...but, we really don't know if he was in touch or not do we? Maybe both sides of the family had their own service? It's also possible that they had something written about how they wanted to be but to rest...Buried or Cremated...so, he really wouldn't have to consult anyone if that was the case...

Im very close with Melindas father, they are like family to me... I can just say I CANT wait for everything to come out in the courts. Especially the Policy on the daughter.

Nothing was written out, Melinda expressed a million times that she never wanted to be burned, she wanted to be buried with a big beautiful headstone that "made everyone look" the way they did her.

#JusticeForMelinda

According to Melindas friend on here she never saw a stalker, so that means we only have SL's word for it.

She said "I feel like someone's fu**king with me Bc I've seen the thing my "stalker" does but I've never seen him"

Via text if I could post it without getting in trouble I would.

Hell melindas last text to her dad said "daddy help me" "please help me he took e**** and won't bring her back, please help us"

I about died when I read that, on his phone

#JusticeForMelinda

I'm really trying to be open minded about this...Yes, Melinda was murdered and Steve has been arrested for the crime....but, he hasn't had his day in court and found guilty..Most all of you have repeated he was a known liar....What has he lied about....? From what I have read on here he lied to Melinda about not being married....He is certainly not the first man to do that or the last I'm sure...and he divorced his then wife and married her...seems to me he did the right thing by Melinda since she was pregnant with his child or already had the baby...I'm confused about that.......So, what other lies has he told that a million other men haven't? I'm just curious....

He lied about his name
His race
First he had never been married then
He said his wife and child died
He said his son was his nephew
He lied about his age
He like about where he lived
Just to name a few

#JusticeForMelinda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online