GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really trying to be open minded about this...Yes, Melinda was murdered and Steve has been arrested for the crime....but, he hasn't had his day in court and found guilty..Most all of you have repeated he was a known liar....What has he lied about....? From what I have read on here he lied to Melinda about not being married....He is certainly not the first man to do that or the last I'm sure...and he divorced his then wife and married her...seems to me he did the right thing by Melinda since she was pregnant with his child or already had the baby...I'm confused about that.......So, what other lies has he told that a million other men haven't? I'm just curious....

Steve was in the bathroom when Melinda saw a man in their backyard beating the dogs.

I don't know the accused or the victim, but I do know canine behavior very well. It has been stated the family had three dogs and at least one of the dogs was a very large breed known for having strong protective instincts. Given what I know about canine behavior and pack mentality, I find it highly doubtful that a stranger could come into the dogs' territory, assume an aggressive stance and begin to beat the dogs. A pack of dogs will defend their territory and their pack members aggressively and would have most likely viciously attacked the intruder. Such an incident would have certainly alerted the neighbors and almost certainly left the intruder with significant injuries.

I don't know the accused or the victim, but I do know canine behavior very well. It has been stated the family had three dogs and at least one of the dogs was a very large breed known for having strong protective instincts. Given what I know about canine behavior and pack mentality, I find it highly doubtful that a stranger could come into the dogs' territory, assume an aggressive stance and begin to beat the dogs. A pack of dogs will defend their territory and their pack members aggressively and would have most likely viciously attacked the intruder. Such an incident would have certainly alerted the neighbors and almost certainly left the intruder with significant injuries.

I agree with you about the dogs...I'm curious to know if this was one of the many calls to the police about a stalker...if so, its on record and not just Steve's word for it...

These must be some very *unusual* dogs. All three were inside the home when an "intruder" broke in, attacked their owner, strangling him unconscious, and none of those dogs made a *peep*...

These must be some very *unusual* dogs. All three were inside the home when an "intruder" broke in, attacked their owner, strangling him unconscious, and none of those dogs made a *peep*...

Unless you were there(not you) put you know what I'm saying... how do you know they didn't make a peep...How do you know the so called "INTRUDER" didn't know the dogs ?? If Steve isn't the murderer my theory is the person or persons that did this knew Melinda VERY WELL..

Melinda knew the guy that was sitting out front, he would call her and tell her he was watching her. I do not know how well he has been investigated by the police. Not sure if there is any connection between that and any of the other incidence. I do not believe SL hid the relationship, "others" knew long before I did. Like I said, my husband has been very ill and all my time and efforts were devoted to helping him recover.

Very sorry to read that you have a very ill husband...this must be very hard on you to come here and answer whatever questions you can concerning your relative,Steve...I admire your courage and I find your posts most informative.I'm a Libra...the sign of the scales and I like things balanced out...for me you have done that by being here...Thank You...

Unless you were there(not you) put you know what I'm saying... how do you know they didn't make a peep...How do you know the so called "INTRUDER" didn't know the dogs ?? If Steve isn't the murderer my theory is the person or persons that did this knew Melinda VERY WELL..

Whoever murdered her obviously knew the dogs very well or they would have been ripped to pieces, but it clearly wasn't an intruder. There were no footprints in the snow leading up to the house and there was no sign of forced entry. That means someone who was in the house murdered her and all the evidence points to SL...gunpowder residue, not being able to demonstrate to the police how he made phone calls with his hands zip-tied, and trying to cash in on a $1+ million dollar life insurance policy.

If it really was an intruder that killed Melinda, why would they just kill her and not Steven? She was shot in bed, he was asleep on the couch. Instead of shooting him while he was asleep they instead woke him up, dragged him to another room and zip tied him then shot Melinda and left, leaving behind a witness? That makes no sense to me whatsoever.
What makes no sense is that she would have slept through all that. The cops did tell the family she was shot in her bed. I'm sure they can tell that from the splatter patterns. So Steven would have us believe that she slept through the attack on him. Another big question for me is why would the attacker bind his hands but not his feet? THAT makes no sense!

Whoever murdered her obviously knew the dogs very well or they would have been ripped to pieces, but it clearly wasn't an intruder. There were no footprints in the snow leading up to the house and there was no sign of forced entry. That means someone who was in the house murdered her and all the evidence points to SL...gunpowder residue, not being able to demonstrate to the police how he made phone calls with his hands zip-tied, and trying to cash in on a $1+ million dollar life insurance policy.
And ... no marks on him after having been choked unconscious and dragged. How to you choke somebody out without leaving a mark on their throat? If someone can answer that I'd love to know.

What makes no sense is that she would have slept through all that. The cops did tell the family she was shot in her bed. I'm sure they can tell that from the splatter patterns. So Steven would have us believe that she slept through the attack on him. Another big question for me is why would the attacker bind his hands but not his feet? THAT makes no sense!

Bingo.

And ... no marks on him after having been choked unconscious and dragged. How to you choke somebody out without leaving a mark on their throat? If someone can answer that I'd love to know.

Is there a report that he had no marks on him? I missed it if this has already been posted...

Is the autopsy report available ??...I wonder if any sleep aid was found in her system....? Maybe they didn't bind his feet because they wanted to move him to the Babies room which to me sounds a little sadistic for his child to see her Dad in that position in the first place...If he was a loving dad which I don't know ...just assuming ...that would be the last place he would put himself...

If a person was choked out as he claims he could have been in shock from waking up from a sound sleep to what was taking place...To remember the chain of events as they occurred one might argue that he was dazed, confused as to time or place or the sequence of events that took place.

Steve Lindsey HIMSELF told police he was put in a "rear choke hold" and was picked up and dragged before going unconscience. (Never yelled to his wife to help him) then he claimed he "heard a gun shot" and was zip-tied" in the baby's room. He didn't say the intruder shot first and then came back and tied him up. Sure, he can claim he was confused and dazed all he wants. I sure hope he does. That always makes for a good defense....especially after already saying something else.

Steve Lindsey HIMSELF told police he was put in a "rear choke hold" and was picked up and dragged before going unconscience. (Never yelled to his wife to help him) then he claimed he "heard a gun shot" and was zip-tied" in the baby's room. He didn't say the intruder shot first and then came back and tied him up. Sure, he can claim he was confused and dazed all he wants. I sure hope he does. That always makes for a good defense....especially after already saying something else.

It's pretty obvious that Steve may have very well committed this crime against his wife...He was arrested....I'm just looking at some of the things that have been posted that have made me wonder about other possible suspects...like the stalker theory....I hope the police have checked out all possible suspects besides Steve...like X-friends or boyfriends of either one...people that may have had access to the house besides Steve & Melinda....any drug connections,things like that...

It really doesn't matter to me if there was a "stalker" or not. The fact that there was no forced entry on the house tells a big part of this story. And seriously; Anyone who has ever had a "stalker" or feared a possible intruder (like having your keys or garage door opener stolen) would go into hypervigilant status. You change locks, add deadbolts, put locks on windows, install security systems, etc. you don't leave your doors unlocked.
And if we're to believe this "stalker" theory, we have to believe that he was so obsessed/angry with Melinda that his intent was to kill her. So the stalker chooses to come into her home at a time when her husband is likely at home. He might even be able to see him laying on the sofa if the TV is still on. Maybe Steve Lindsey's vehicle is even parked out front. I'm assuming so, since they used the garage for other things and the neighbors mentioned this. Then we have to believe that the "stalker" decided to go into her home anyway, UNARMED, ready to face her husband and three dogs. So this stalker walks in, without a weapon, is able to sneak up on Steve Lindsey and choke him unconscience. And he did this without Steve Lindsey making a peep or the dogs going crazy. But luck seems to be on his side, so he continues. He manages to find a bag of zip-ties after he drags Steve Lindsey into the baby's room. He ties ONLY Steve Lindsey's arms behind his back. Not his feet. This "stalker" for whatever reason isn't too worried about Steve Lindsey getting to his feet or running. The baby, who I assume saw the "stalker" drag her father into her room and tie him up, remains calm & unfazed.
Now the stalker, still unarmed, heads off to find Melinda. He gets to Melinda. He has to find HER GUN in her house and then shoot her with it. She was found laying in bed with the gunshot wound. Wouldn't any reasonable person think with all the prior commotion going on, she might have at least woke up? New mothers don't take sleep aids. Unless it's been slipped to them by someone trying to harm them.
And Steve Lindsey only "wakes up" after hearing the gunshot. Somehow he has his cell phone with him. He does dial 911. And he's screaming his head off.
Police arrive. No sign of forced entry. No marks on the carpet of "dragging". No marks on Steven Lindsey's neck from being choked unconscience. Calm baby in the crib. No foot prints near or around the house. No sign of a struggle inside the home. A wife who is fatally wounded with a gunshot in her head laying in bed. Positive gunshot residue test on husband.
There is a $1,000,000.00 life insurance police on this 23yo housewife with an additional $100,000 accidental death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyclic8