GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would certainly have locked my doors. There was no forced entry to the house. In my opinion, that throws a bit of shade on the stalker story.

One of the items stolen from Melinda's car when the "stalker" broke into it was her garage remote along with some personal items.

One of the items stolen from Melinda's car when the "stalker" broke into it was her garage remote along with some personal items.

And if you KNEW a "stalker" had your garage remote, wouldn't you make it PRIORITY #1 to SECURE that door? (My whole house would have been wired for sound, had I been fearing for my kid, like fort knox secure.)...

Did the police investigate the guy out front? Did Melinda know the identity of the man out front of her home, prior to her shooting? Any chance he could have been the guy from yard?

The guy out front, was he a friend/acquaintance of the Lindsey's?

Somewhere along the way Melinda would have had to have some form of interaction, even if it was as simple as a smile at a stranger in the grocery store.

Starshine4u I can understand if you can't answer any of these questions, they are just thoughts running threw my head. I guess the family thing could be that some are closer than others. I couldn't imagine being in the position you are in, it's taken strength and grace to come here and be as honest as you have been.

It does make me sad for Melinda because it almost sounds like he may have "hidden" his relationship with her, because of his own shame for what he had done to his family/exwife and first child

With that kind of alleged stalker activity, it would probably have been a good idea to send Melinda and the baby for a visit with her family rather than leave them vulnerable. I wonder Melinda said anything to friends and/or family about the stalker details or if Steve is the only source for the details.

Did the police investigate the guy out front? Did Melinda know the identity of the man out front of her home, prior to her shooting? Any chance he could have been the guy from yard?

The guy out front, was he a friend/acquaintance of the Lindsey's?

Somewhere along the way Melinda would have had to have some form of interaction, even if it was as simple as a smile at a stranger in the grocery store.

Starshine4u I can understand if you can't answer any of these questions, they are just thoughts running threw my head. I guess the family thing could be that some are closer than others. I couldn't imagine being in the position you are in, it's taken strength and grace to come here and be as honest as you have been.

It does make me sad for Melinda because it almost sounds like he may have "hidden" his relationship with her, because of his own shame for what he had done to his family/exwife and first child

Melinda knew the guy that was sitting out front, he would call her and tell her he was watching her. I do not know how well he has been investigated by the police. Not sure if there is any connection between that and any of the other incidence. I do not believe SL hid the relationship, "others" knew long before I did. Like I said, my husband has been very ill and all my time and efforts were devoted to helping him recover.

Melinda knew the guy that was sitting out front, he would call her and tell her he was watching her. I do not know how well he has been investigated by the police. Not sure if there is any connection between that and any of the other incidence. I do not believe SL hid the relationship, "others" knew long before I did. Like I said, my husband has been very ill and all my time and efforts were devoted to helping him recover.
Well if he was cheating on Melinda, and this pure speculation on my part, he may have wanted to downplay his relationship with her. The may also explain why he told LE they had discussed divorcing, come to think of it. If he lied to Melinda about being childless and single who is to say he wouldn't or couldn't lie to another woman the same way? He tells the new woman he is divorcing and he has to make sure that's in the news so she could believe it. I wonder what his visitor log looks like? As to whether or not he was living at the home, I would imagine LE could use GPS records to determine where he spent the most time.

Really? I'm related to Steve, I didn't live with him and I wasn't there that morning! As I stated early on, I have no intentions of attempting to change any minds, the details will come out in trial.

Oh joy, when SL is exonerated, will he be working tirelessly to "find the killer"???

In that case why wouldn't they change the code so it couldn't be used by anyone else?

With that kind of alleged stalker activity, it would probably have been a good idea to send Melinda and the baby for a visit with her family rather than leave them vulnerable. I wonder Melinda said anything to friends and/or family about the stalker details or if Steve is the only source for the details.

According to Melindas friend on here she never saw a stalker, so that means we only have SL's word for it.

Did SL admit to leaving the doors unlocked or was it just no forced entry found?

One of the first articles mentioned that there was no forced entry, no sign of a struggle, and there were no marks on Steven.

Did you hear this from Melinda - or Steve?
Exactly. Unless we were party to the situation we have only what the accused my have said for reference as the only other witness is deceased. It has been proven that SL is a liar, so why wouldn't he lie to family? I will admit that no evidence of forced entry doesn't mean it didn't happen, only that they couldn't find any. With the added info of the stolen garage door opener, I'm back to wondering if SL had "help".

As to the repeated statements of gun powder residue being transferred to SL, why would the assailant fire the gun and THEN restrain the bigger threat? Also, we don't know what they tested. It could have been hands, clothing, or both.

Not trying to change your opinion, but I do know that SL and Melinda were sitting together on the couch watching t.v. when someone opened the patio door and threw in a bag of lingerie. Also, he had taken her to the doctor and they were together the day the bedroom screen was cut and window tampered with. Neighbors reported seeing a man sitting out in front of the house watching. Steve was in the bathroom when Melinda saw a man in their backyard beating the dogs. Twist that anyway you want, but it was true someone was stalking her.

Hmmm....well, unless you were sitting right there too, I'm going to assume you got this information right from Steve Lindsey. And since he is a proven liar, that's all we need to know.
And Steve Lindsey could have had someone throw a bag of lingerie into the house.

Exactly. Unless we were party to the situation we have only what the accused my have said for reference as the only other witness is deceased. It has been proven that SL is a liar, so why wouldn't he lie to family? I will admit that no evidence of forced entry doesn't mean it didn't happen, only that they couldn't find any. With the added info of the stolen garage door opener, I'm back to wondering if SL had "help".

As to the repeated statements of gun powder residue being transferred to SL, why would the assailant fire the gun and THEN restrain the bigger threat? Also, we don't know what they tested. It could have been hands, clothing, or both.
Stevens story is that he was choked out, dragged into the baby's room, and heard the shot from in there. He didn't mention any further contact with the attacker. So according to his own story, there would have been no opportunity for gunshot residue to be transferred.

Hmmm....well, unless you were sitting right there too, I'm going to assume you got this information right from Steve Lindsey. And since he is a proven liar, that's all we need to know.
And Steve Lindsey could have had someone throw a bag of lingerie into the house.

If the bag of lingerie even existed. We have only Stevens word for that.

Stevens story is that he was choked out, dragged into the baby's room, and heard the shot from in there. He didn't mention any further contact with the attacker. So according to his own story, there would have been no opportunity for gunshot residue to be transferred.

That is an excellent point. So much for the transfer theory. Poof!

If it really was an intruder that killed Melinda, why would they just kill her and not Steven? She was shot in bed, he was asleep on the couch. Instead of shooting him while he was asleep they instead woke him up, dragged him to another room and zip tied him then shot Melinda and left, leaving behind a witness? That makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Lol as much as I want it to go away, we don't know when he was restrained. It could be argued that the transfer occurred while he was being tied, which was presumably while he was unconscious. I don't believe that for a minute but there it is. Now I ran a Web search to determine whether or not it is even possible for this to happen, and ... it is. In some tests false positives have resulted, however they go on to say that it was transferred via a handshake. Again, if gun powder residue was found on his clothing, or some part of him that the alleged attacker wouldn't touch, then it can be argued that it all came from SL.
Here's the rub though, this means that the alleged assailant shot Melinda first, and THEN tied SL up. Now I'm no murderer, but if I had just choked a guy out and dragged him into another bedroom, I am damn sure going to make sure he is properly restrained before I move on to the lesser threat.

Also, Steve said he was awakened by the SOUND of the gunshot. So how could the assailant tie him up if he was awake?

What I can't understand is how in the nine hells did he expect to get away with this?

If it really was an intruder that killed Melinda, why would they just kill her and not Steven? She was shot in bed, he was asleep on the couch. Instead of shooting him while he was asleep they instead woke him up, dragged him to another room and zip tied him then shot Melinda and left, leaving behind a witness? That makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Why would THEY just kill her ....THEY instead woke him up....I picked up on your use of the word THEY...only because of the possibility that the Stalker could have had help.

If a person was choked out as he claims he could have been in shock from waking up from a sound sleep to what was taking place...To remember the chain of events as they occurred one might argue that he was dazed, confused as to time or place or the sequence of events that took place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mzrowdy