GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
" there is no video with steve in it from a gas station" The only way this statement could be made is if the prosecution has already given the defense all the evidence it has.

For myself, believing Steve killed Melinda is not a case of "people believing what they want to believe". If I were to believe he didn't do it, I would have to buy the completely unrealistic version of events he says took place. I tried to imagine the murder occurring like he said it did, a thousand ways to Sunday, but I cannot see any possibility of that being what happened. Nor can most who hear it. The cops didn't buy it from jump....

I think he lied. He has a long history of doing so, by many different accounts.

No. I am not believing what I want to believe. I wanted to be able to believe Steve didn't do it, badly wanted to, for the sake of the children and others involved. I am considering all the information available, and it just does not speak to his innocence.

Melinda's facebook posts spoke to the abusive nature of Steve. ( Melinda is a verified insider if there ever was one). Her family is convinced,the cops are convinced. And I must admit, so am I.

Thanks for replying.
Are you saying that SL was never fired from his job?
And for what it's worth; I don't think you're "lying" about anything. However, I have seen situations in families where loyalty precedes common sense. Weather this involves the accused lying to their family members or the family not being able to accept that their loved one may have committed some horrific crime. Either way, this is horrible on all sides.

No, I'm not saying SL was never fired from a job. The incident everyone is speaking of happened over a year ago, and it has been greatly exaggerated. He had since been hired by another company. As the life of a lineman goes, many jobs are in other states. For reasons I won't/can't go into, Melinda did not want SL to travel to other states to work. That did leave some down time when the only jobs available were out of state.

" there is no video with steve in it from a gas station" The only way this statement could be made is if the prosecution has already given the defense all the evidence it has.

True enough.

Why would he deny her friends and family a funeral for her? Why would he not even put an obituary in the paper for her? And why would he have her cremated without first consulting with her parents?

I don't believe anyone is lying, that would benefit no one. However, I know firsthand how family members can lie to one another to minimize the bad and or exaggerate the good.
Ultimately it comes down to one thing : reasonable doubt. Can SL'S attorney convince a jury that there it is reasonable to consider events occurred the way SL said they did. Is it reasonable to believe there was another person in the home who managed to enter the premises, avoid the dogs, subdue SL, find Melinda's gun, find the ammunition, load the weapon, fire the weapon, and exit the premises without leaving a single shred of physical evidence to his presence and without waking Melinda or disturbing her child? In my opinion, no. It is not reasonable to believe this.

Welcome Starshine4U....I read your posts from before that were deleted....I can only imagine how a family members feels when reading untruths on either side.I had posts deleted and I'm still wondering why since I don't know the accussed or the victim.Just asking questions or speculating how things could have happened.....I'm just amazed at the things you have debunked that have been posted as fact.Especially the Life Insurance on the baby...The Video as well....to me those are biggies...and he worked.I'm not saying the accussed didn't murder his wife but after reading another side to the story it does make a person wonder what reason he would have?...Still together, took a cruise,pictures on her phone of their cruise I assume....From the begining after reading about this case I still find it hard to believe a man could zip tie himself.I'm not saying he couldn't...I also read he had gun residue on his hands...I felt that whoever did this could have had transfered that when zip tying him...its my understanding they rented? Other people could have had access to the house,not accussing anyone,just saying....Can you say if Steve had any injuries to his body when they found him zip tied....? Again, Welcome,and for me its always good to read both sides ...I'm so sorry this beautiful young Mother,Daughters life was cut short by this horrible act.I hope it wasn't your family member that did this crime for the sake of all your family members....I'm sure the trial will bring up things we know nothing about.

You keep mentioning how hard it would be for a man to zip-tie himself behind his back. And how hard this is to believe. This is NOT DIFFICULT at all. You need to try this yourself. I am in my late 50's and a female. I did this EASILY by zip-tying myself in the front first and then stepping through my hands. The only bit of trouble I had was wiggling my arms past my butt. I am sure my *advertiser censored* is a bit wider than a 35 yo man who is in top physical shape. I also did it another way by starting the "zip" over one wrist and leaving enough room to slip my other wrist into the loop behind my back. Then it was quite easy to grasp the end and tighten the zip. I also sat on the floor with my hands behind my back in the zip tie in the position he described to the police in the babies room. I found it quite easy to get to my feet even without the use of my hands or arms. Again, keep in mind, I am in my late 50's. Not a 35 yo man in top physical shape.

I don't believe anyone is lying, that would benefit no one. However, I know firsthand how family members can lie to one another to minimize the bad and or exaggerate the good.
Ultimately it comes down to one thing : reasonable doubt. Can SL'S attorney convince a jury that there it is reasonable to consider events occurred the way SL said they did. Is it reasonable to believe there was another person in the home who managed to enter the premises, avoid the dogs, subdue SL, find Melinda's gun, find the ammunition, load the weapon, fire the weapon, and exit the premises without leaving a single shred of physical evidence to his presence and without waking Melinda or disturbing her child? In my opinion, no. It is not reasonable to believe this.

You're exactly right here. The only person lying is Steve Lindsey. And his words will be what convict him. His explaination of what happened is just ridiculous. There are simply too many things to overcome. Once the facts and the circumstances are put together with the time-line, a very clear picture of what happened will come into focus.

You keep mentioning how hard it would be for a man to zip-tie himself behind his back. And how hard this is to believe. This is NOT DIFFICULT at all. You need to try this yourself. I am in my late 50's and a female. I did this EASILY by zip-tying myself in the front first and then stepping through my hands. The only bit of trouble I had was wiggling my arms past my butt. I am sure my *advertiser censored* is a bit wider than a 35 yo man who is in top physical shape. I also did it another way by starting the "zip" over one wrist and leaving enough room to slip my other wrist into the loop behind my back. Then it was quite easy to grasp the end and tighten the zip. I also sat on the floor with my hands behind my back in the zip tie in the position he described to the police in the babies room. I found it quite easy to get to my feet even without the use of my hands or arms. Again, keep in mind, I am in my late 50's. Not a 35 yo man in top physical shape.

Since I'm 72 with Arthritis I guess I won't be trying this any time soon...I give you kudos for attempting this to prove a point...

I'm just asking a question here...where did it say it was her gun that was used...Was that in a newspaper article I may have missed??

You're exactly right here. The only person lying is Steve Lindsey. And his words will be what convict him. His explaination of what happened is just ridiculous. There are simply too many things to overcome. Once the facts and the circumstances are put together with the time-line, a very clear picture of what happened will come into focus.

Totally agree. Give that guy *Enough Rope*...

Also... For a man so concerned about the safety of his family, that he filed a police report about a "stalker", he didn't seem to have taken any precautions to secure his home, nor keep a vigilant watch over his wife and baby...

Since I'm 72 with Arthritis I guess I won't be trying this any time soon...I give you kudos for attempting this to prove a point...

It wasn't so much to prove a point. I was just really curious if it could be done. And thanks for the reminder. I wouldn't recommend doing this unless you have someone there to help you get loose. I had to have my husband help undo me, and then explain what I was doing.

More questions to Starshine4u,
Why didn't SL get up from the baby's room and go check on Melinda? Why didn't he make any attempts to free himself and do CPR to save his wife? And where was his cell phone? Did the "intruder" put the phone in the room right next to him, making it available for him to make the 911 call? Or did he have it with him the whole time? Why didn't he have any marks on his body from the "attack" he claimed happened to him?

I'm curious why he had to sign documents to stay away from the little girl, yet no such documents for the other child's safety. I think that the investigators must have found something that made them concerned for the little girls safety.

Just a thought but could SL have been trying to set it up to frame his xwife for the murder of Melinda?

Why would he deny her friends and family a funeral for her? Why would he not even put an obituary in the paper for her? And why would he have her cremated without first consulting with her parents?

I can't answer for anyone but I did my own research awhile ago and I saw that she had a memorial service by googling her name. I assume given by her family and a beautiful Video was also shown...I don't know if I'm allowed to post the link so I guess someone can remove it if not...https://www.tributeslides.com/tributes/show/339BQ2T3Y74Y764Q.....I don't think its uncommon for the accussed not to be in touch with her family especially if they think he killed their daughter...but, we really don't know if he was in touch or not do we? Maybe both sides of the family had their own service? It's also possible that they had something written about how they wanted to be but to rest...Buried or Cremated...so, he really wouldn't have to consult anyone if that was the case...

Just a thought but could SL have been trying to set it up to frame his xwife for the murder of Melinda?
I wondered about this also. He owed her back child support, and their child was young. If he could have framed her for the murder he would have freed himself from all his obligations at once, and walked away a rich man.

I'm curious why he had to sign documents to stay away from the little girl, yet no such documents for the other child's safety. I think that the investigators must have found something that made them concerned for the little girls safety.

There most likely was separate paperwork for the boy. Steve's ex (possibly) had her own attorney, and a visitation order that could have been amended and not shared with the press.

I wondered about this also. He owed her back child support, and their child was young. If he could have framed her for the murder he would have freed himself from all his obligations at once, and walked away a rich man.

Wow, thats quite a accusation.From what you post I assume you know the x wife well since you know about back child support.I got my post deleted for saying that I thought the X wife knew about this forum but wanted no part of it after another poster made the comment that she didn't... I said..."then why keep bringing her up if she wanted no part of this discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1