GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like some things have been removed. Sorry if I posted anything inappropriate.

Weather the ex-wife likes it or not, she is going to be a part of this case. She was married to Steve Lindsey when he met and impregnated Melinda. There is a pattern of abusive behavior that she will likely have to testify about. Steve Lindsey's delinquent child support to his ex wife could also be or be part of the motive for Melinda's murder.

Also, I find it somewhat outrageous that anyone would expect "privacy" when they post on the internet. Especially when it comes to personal and private family issues.

Something I feel compelled to address. The world is a scary place. Just imagine being either married or with significant other. Do you really know this person.? What are they capable of doing. Imagine becoming involved dating and married to someone capable of murder. how terrifying to realize SL murdered his wife while two year old was in home. To the ex wife, Imagine being divorced and court ordered to allow visitation with first child. I would be terrified to let the child visit. It is usually mandated and guidelines set by state law.Now that SL is encarcerated that probably won't be a concern.

I can't image having to inform small child Daddy won't be visiting. Then the hard part starts...tells the reality of the situation, and explanation. More than likely first child knew and was attached to 2nd wife (victim) Just too much reality for a small child to endure and comprehend death, much less murder.
Again, can't fathom allowing my child to have visits with with an ex displaying erratic activity.For the grace of God both children are safe. Prayers to all family and extended family and friend.

Yes, I agree that there are more people who are SL's victims. His son, his ex, his daughter plus all of Melinda's family and friends. I know someone took down her Facebook page. I want to ask Set her Soul Free if her family was able to retrieve any of her pics from her cell phone; just a thought. They may recover some of the ones lost when the FB account was deleted.

Wouldn't the family be able to re activate her f/b account under the circumstances?

I'm not sure how that works. And if whoever deleted the account went in and deleted her posts, it wouldn't help. I think SL did it on advice of his attorney. It wasn't until after people commented how some of her posts made him look bad, how he had kicked her out etc., that it was deleted.

Something I feel compelled to address. The world is a scary place. Just imagine being either married or with significant other. Do you really know this person.? What are they capable of doing. Imagine becoming involved dating and married to someone capable of murder. how terrifying to realize SL murdered his wife while two year old was in home. To the ex wife, Imagine being divorced and court ordered to allow visitation with first child. I would be terrified to let the child visit. It is usually mandated and guidelines set by state law.Now that SL is encarcerated that probably won't be a concern.

I can't image having to inform small child Daddy won't be visiting. Then the hard part starts...tells the reality of the situation, and explanation. More than likely first child knew and was attached to 2nd wife (victim) Just too much reality for a small child to endure and comprehend death, much less murder.
Again, can't fathom allowing my child to have visits with with an ex displaying erratic activity.For the grace of God both children are safe. Prayers to all family and extended family and friend.
I think this is partially why this case has touched so many who didn't even know the people affected. She was young, she fell in love , she married him - and he killed her for money. It's so wrong, so tragic - and there but for the grace of god ....

I was with Melinda when we picked Mosley up along with the son for the weekend. She didn't want to go alone Bc she didn't know how he would be in the car.

No problem, I do what I can!

#JusticeForMelinda

Thank you for all your insight and information on this tragic case. I believe you have been completely honest and transparent in all your posts, and suspect the story about the "stolen" dog was greatly exaggerated.

I'm not sure if you can comment on this, but you have indicated you do not believe he ever moved out of the home. Didn't he tell police that he moved out six weeks earlier?

I'm perplexed. Do you have any ideas on why he would say he moved out if he really didn't move out? If you can't say, that is fine, but I'm trying to put some logic to something that makes no sense to me!

Thanks!

I'm not sure if you can comment on this, but you have indicated you do not believe he ever moved out of the home. Didn't he tell police that he moved out six weeks earlier?

I'm perplexed. Do you have any ideas on why he would say he moved out if he really didn't move out? If you can't say, that is fine, but I'm trying to put some logic to something that makes no sense to me!

Thanks!

If he did by some chance move out NO ONE KNEW about it at all!!

Um idk why he would tell them that, maybe he thought I would look better on him? However he didn't think that one through very well

#JusticeForMelinda

Thank you. It doesn't look good for him to say he had moved out, and you may be correct - it may be something he didn't think through very well. It also goes against his statement that he fell asleep on the couch that night. Another weird element to it all.

I would think a walk throughout the house would be enough to determine if SL had moved out or not. A tour of his brother's house would help too. His stuff has to be somewhere! It's possible that he moved out and she didn't tell anyone because she was hoping to work things out. I know that I have done that in my own life when things where on the rocks with my ex-husband. At times, he was moved out, but still staying with me.

Possible theory - he "moved out" and was only staying with Melinda because of the "stalker"? I read somewhere that Melinda wouldn't have allowed him to sleep on the couch instead of their bed... perhaps if they are separated, it would make sense that he fell asleep on the couch and not in bed with her? I don't know. If my husband fell asleep on the couch and someone broke in, there had better be evidence of a fight! Regardless if we are together or not. It bothers me that the story doesn't make sense.

The ex does know about this page, she also wants nothing to do with this, seeing as in ways she's feels guilty. Having her in conversation isn't a big deal no one is talking badly about her nor mentioning or name nor "putting her in danger" she IS apart of this rather she wants to be or not.. And No one is disrespecting her or the son in anyway, that I have read..

Yes im verified and I talked directly to the admin of this site. I can provide you all with the i formation that I know and I intend on doing just that. I appreciate those of you who said something about believing me, I have no reason to make things up. Melinda was and always will be one of my best friends.

#JusticeForMelinda

Wondering why the exwife would feel guilty?

Crossed my mind too. He was apparently behind in child support, and perhaps she was pressing him (who wouldn't). If this is the case it is certainly NOT her fault at all, but survivor's guilt can be rough I imagine.

Im heading home today so I'll have my comp to get on here and answer anything that any of you want answered!

#JusticeForMelinda
Do you know when the bond hearing is? I did read that bond is rare in murder cases in Indiana, but it would be nice to know that SL will be in jail where he belongs until his trial. I'd be afraid for his ex, and anyone else who might have to testify against him if he was on the streets.

I haven't checked the court page recently, but if I recall correctly, the bond hearing has already happened and bond was denied.

I just checked. Not sure if it was specifically a "bond" hearing, but he made an appearance on Feb 24, indicating he had retained counsel and that bond was denied. There isn't a specific bond hearing date set on the website for him.

I just checked. Not sure if it was specifically a "bond" hearing, but he made an appearance on Feb 24, indicating he had retained counsel and that bond was denied. There isn't a specific bond hearing date set on the website for him.

Thanks, Molly! Can you post the link where you got the info?

Has there been any confirmation as to whether or nor Melinda was expecting, and if SL knew. Very disturbing to think that it may not have been just Melinda's life that was taken.

I thought that I had read in a newspaper article that SL said to investigators that there was no marital problems, but his brother stated that there was problems between Melinda and SL

The neighbors might have noticed if he wasn't around much for 6 weeks, not seeing his car.

#325 2/24/15
...as far as the pregnancy goes we were told she was pregnant a few of us by her and I know that there was a pregnancy test found however I don't know what they're gonna do about it or if she was fired up along to go after the death penalty or not...

#JusticeForMelinda

I think it's supposed to say --- don't know if she was *far enough along* to go after the death penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1