GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This just keeps getting worse and worse. I am glad in a way this isn't a death penalty case. Death is too good for him. He needs to live a long sad life tormented by the thoughts of what he has done. I hope he is miserable and suffers daily, unable to see sunlight or feel the wind on his face. I hope his mind gibbers on in terror as he realizes he will never be free again. And I don't even know him. His selfish disregard for anyone other than himself has affected so many...
I also am curious about whether he was living in the home or not. If investigators can subpoena his phone records, can't they determine where he spent the majority of his time? And what would it prove if he was not living with Melinda? Other than the fact that he is a liar, which has already been established.

Is SL's brother being questioned for conspiracy? What happened to that charge?

This just keeps getting worse and worse. I am glad in a way this isn't a death penalty case. Death is too good for him. He needs to live a long sad life tormented by the thoughts of what he has done. I hope he is miserable and suffers daily, unable to see sunlight or feel the wind on his face. I hope his mind gibbers on in terror as he realizes he will never be free again. And I don't even know him. His selfish disregard for anyone other than himself has affected so many...
I also am curious about whether he was living in the home or not. If investigators can subpoena his phone records, can't they determine where he spent the majority of his time? And what would it prove if he was not living with Melinda? Other than the fact that he is a liar, which has already been established.

Is SL's brother being questioned for conspiracy? What happened to that charge?
Whether he sits on death row waiting to be executed, or goes to state prison until he dies a natural death, whether the rest of his life is long or short, my hope is that from this day forward his life is not worth living. You are right about death being too good for him. I hope he suffers for a good long time for this. I hope prison is hell on earth for him.

And I don't mean I hope he is abused by other prisoners. I hope his own thoughts torment him worse than any human being ever could.

My opinion is that he did it and the prosecution will prove their case and he will be convicted. Whether he gets the death penalty or life, he'll probably have years of sitting in his cell and feeling very, very sorry for HIMSELF - every single day.

I don't know the guy, but in my opinion, anyone who is capable of planning and then doing something this horrid, and then telling a bunch of convoluted lies to try to cover himself has no conscience and no empathy. But he will be aware every single day of just what HE lost. His freedom. His future. He'll have no hope. And if the prosecution brings up the life insurance on the baby during the trial, there will be a question (at a minimum) of whether the baby's life was in jeopardy. When the other inmates get wind of this, this guy will be delegated to the bottom rung of the totem pole in the worst kind of hell hole on earth.

I wonder if he is going to take the stand, or would that be not in his best interest. I'd like to see a good prosecutor have him on the stand and shred his story. I would assume that they have some good forensic evidence.

If it's proven that he was seen on video at 5a.m. could he have been disposing of the clothing he was wearing at the time of firing the gun, his clothes would have gunshot residue on them,

I wonder about the time of shooting, it was posted that the little one was an early riser, Melinda herself made posts stating up early to cook breakfast, I'm pretty sure that it was stated about being up before 5a.m. to make breakfast, makes me question why she was still in bed that late on morning of shooting

If the autopsy shows that she was pregnant he might want to pray for the death penalty, it'll be easier than what the other prisoners will do to him, not to mention a large life insurance policy on a child. Lots of parents have life insurance policies on their children, usually only enough to cover final expenses not get rich.

This is going to be a very difficult journey for Melinda's family and friends.

I wonder if he is going to take the stand, or would that be not in his best interest. I'd like to see a good prosecutor have him on the stand and shred his story. I would assume that they have some good forensic evidence.

If he has a decent defense attorney, there is no way he'll allow him to take the stand. He has a history of telling whoppers, and bad ones at that, so it is highly doubtful any jury would believe a word he says.

Also, what you said about disposing of his clothes makes sense. What kind of an idiot would wear the same clothing after shooting someone knowing the police would test for residue? Maybe there were trace elements of the residue on other parts of his body?

It will be very interesting to learn of the evidence the police have during the trial. Based on what little we know now, I don't think he stands a chance in hell of being found innocent.

From what I know, there was gun shot residue on his hands. So if he disposed of the clothing , he forgot to wash his hands.

I go by the home every day where it was reported that he was arrested. The owner is 62 yrs old. Something doesn't sound right.

I'm pretty sure that it was stated about being up before 5a.m. to make breakfast, makes me question why she was still in bed that late on morning of shooting

Maybe she wasn't. He could have shot her at 4:30am, disposed of his clothing at the gas station, staged the scene, done who knows what else, and then called the cops at 6:20. Even if it wasn't him at the gas station, he had to have time to at least change his clothes and cuff himself before he called. Who knows how long he waited.

Did anyone else call 911 to report the shooting besides SL? Anyone know if any neighbors heard the gun shot?

Dear Websleuths Members,

starshine4u is now a verified family member of Steve Lindsey's in the Melinda Lindsey case.

As a verified member starshine4u does not need to provide links to back up what she posts. It is up to you to decide to believe or not believe the information.

With all verified members you must treat starshine4u with respect. You may ask starshine4u questions as long as the questions are polite.

Thanks to starshine4u for coming forward to be verified. Since starshine4u will be adding information about the suspect in this case she will be able to give us a look into the otherside of a murder case which we
rarely get to see.

Take Care,
Tricia

Starshine4u--do you know Steve L? Did you know Melinda? Please share your insights into this case.

I can't imagine what that must be like. Depending on how close a relationship they have, it must be very difficult. For everyone involved.

Hi Starshine4u,
I'm curious about what your theory is on this case? Do you believe SL is completely innocent? Do you think he did it? Or are you somewhere in the middle?
What ever you believe happened. I can only imagine how difficult this is for all involved.

Thank You for the questions. My intentions when becoming verified were not to attempt to change anyone's minds, nor to debate whether Steve committed murder. I have attempted to post certain things when I felt the rumors and untruths were becoming a part of the equation, only to have my posts deleted. I will say, yes I know Steve very well. Unfortunately I did not know Melinda very well. Yes, this is difficult for both families. First, there is no life insurance policy on the baby. Never has been. There is no video with Steve in it from a gas station. Steve was employed, it was not a side job, it was with a company as a supervisor. As with the 911 call (no neighbor called 911, only Steve), the papers got quite a bit wrong. Steve never moved out, they never split up. They had not discussed divorce. They did take a cruise, the pictures are on her phone. As Tricia says, it's up to you to believe what you want. These are all things that will come up in court, so lying about them would be futile. As to what I believe........like I said, I'm not going to attempt to change anyone's mind. We are seeking the truth as everyone else is. Unfortunately I am limited in what I can discuss.

Welcome Starshine4U....I read your posts from before that were deleted....I can only imagine how a family members feels when reading untruths on either side.I had posts deleted and I'm still wondering why since I don't know the accussed or the victim.Just asking questions or speculating how things could have happened.....I'm just amazed at the things you have debunked that have been posted as fact.Especially the Life Insurance on the baby...The Video as well....to me those are biggies...and he worked.I'm not saying the accussed didn't murder his wife but after reading another side to the story it does make a person wonder what reason he would have?...Still together, took a cruise,pictures on her phone of their cruise I assume....From the begining after reading about this case I still find it hard to believe a man could zip tie himself.I'm not saying he couldn't...I also read he had gun residue on his hands...I felt that whoever did this could have had transfered that when zip tying him...its my understanding they rented? Other people could have had access to the house,not accussing anyone,just saying....Can you say if Steve had any injuries to his body when they found him zip tied....? Again, Welcome,and for me its always good to read both sides ...I'm so sorry this beautiful young Mother,Daughters life was cut short by this horrible act.I hope it wasn't your family member that did this crime for the sake of all your family members....I'm sure the trial will bring up things we know nothing about.

Thanks for replying.
Are you saying that SL was never fired from his job?
And for what it's worth; I don't think you're "lying" about anything. However, I have seen situations in families where loyalty precedes common sense. Weather this involves the accused lying to their family members or the family not being able to accept that their loved one may have committed some horrific crime. Either way, this is horrible on all sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1