GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't answer for anyone but I did my own research awhile ago and I saw that she had a memorial service by googling her name. I assume given by her family and a beautiful Video was also shown...I don't know if I'm allowed to post the link so I guess someone can remove it if not...https://www.tributeslides.com/tributes/show/339BQ2T3Y74Y764Q.....I don't think its uncommon for the accussed not to be in touch with her family especially if they think he killed their daughter...but, we really don't know if he was in touch or not do we? Maybe both sides of the family had their own service? It's also possible that they had something written about how they wanted to be but to rest...Buried or Cremated...so, he really wouldn't have to consult anyone if that was the case...

Sorry, that link did not work...go here and click on Video if you want to see it...also its her Obituary
http://www.blurtonfuneralhomes.com/obituaries/Melinda-Kirby-Lindsey/

More questions to Starshine4u,
Why didn't SL get up from the baby's room and go check on Melinda? Why didn't he make any attempts to free himself and do CPR to save his wife? And where was his cell phone? Did the "intruder" put the phone in the room right next to him, making it available for him to make the 911 call? Or did he have it with him the whole time? Why didn't he have any marks on his body from the "attack" he claimed happened to him?

Really? I'm related to Steve, I didn't live with him and I wasn't there that morning! As I stated early on, I have no intentions of attempting to change any minds, the details will come out in trial.

Totally agree. Give that guy *Enough Rope*...

Also... For a man so concerned about the safety of his family, that he filed a police report about a "stalker", he didn't seem to have taken any precautions to secure his home, nor keep a vigilant watch over his wife and baby...

Steve did not file the "many" stalker reports, Melinda did.

I'm curious why he had to sign documents to stay away from the little girl, yet no such documents for the other child's safety. I think that the investigators must have found something that made them concerned for the little girls safety.

That's standard procedure until it's adjudicated.

Starshine4u thank you for answering that I wasn't sure why one child would be protected and not another. Hopefully the mother of the other child has enough common sense to protect her child. I'm having a hard time understanding how you didn't know Melinda very well, SL and Melinda had been in a long term relationship, is there a reason why you didn't know Melinda?

Stalker theory, must be someone that had intimate details as to where the gun was kept, so therefore one can only speculate that Melinda and SL must have known the person, so then would SL not recognize something about the intruder.

I can not see that with 3 dogs, someone entering the house in the middle of the night, not one of these dogs alerted, growled barked, makes no sense. My dog is a friendly dog, a thief entered our home in the middle of the night, my dog that loves everyone and is not a barker, created such a fuss that he woke the household, thief ran off.

My bet is on the investigators having charged the guilty party, with double jeopardy, and that whole thing of a speedy trial and all they couldn't charge him right off the hop, because they needed to line up the evidence to make the case stick. It would be a crime for the guilty party to get off because of some legal loop hole.

Well, if thats the case she obviously was frightened about someone and it wasn't her husband if he was still with her...

Just a gut feeling, but I don't think Melinda was being "stalked" by anyone. I think Steve was gas-lighting her.

Just a gut feeling, but I don't think Melinda was being "stalked" by anyone. I thing Steve was gas-lighting her.
I agree. It just seems far too convenient and contrived. I'm not sure it matters who filed the stalking reports, if SL staged it all. I'm curious about the conspiracy charge. I know someone mentioned it here earlier, but what happened with that? Did the media get it wrong?

Just a gut feeling, but I don't think Melinda was being "stalked" by anyone. I thing Steve was gas-lighting her.

Not trying to change your opinion, but I do know that SL and Melinda were sitting together on the couch watching t.v. when someone opened the patio door and threw in a bag of lingerie. Also, he had taken her to the doctor and they were together the day the bedroom screen was cut and window tampered with. Neighbors reported seeing a man sitting out in front of the house watching. Steve was in the bathroom when Melinda saw a man in their backyard beating the dogs. Twist that anyway you want, but it was true someone was stalking her.

Starshine4u thank you for answering that I wasn't sure why one child would be protected and not another. Hopefully the mother of the other child has enough common sense to protect her child. I'm having a hard time understanding how you didn't know Melinda very well, SL and Melinda had been in a long term relationship, is there a reason why you didn't know Melinda?

Stalker theory, must be someone that had intimate details as to where the gun was kept, so therefore one can only speculate that Melinda and SL must have known the person, so then would SL not recognize something about the intruder.

I can not see that with 3 dogs, someone entering the house in the middle of the night, not one of these dogs alerted, growled barked, makes no sense. My dog is a friendly dog, a thief entered our home in the middle of the night, my dog that loves everyone and is not a barker, created such a fuss that he woke the household, thief ran off.

My bet is on the investigators having charged the guilty party, with double jeopardy, and that whole thing of a speedy trial and all they couldn't charge him right off the hop, because they needed to line up the evidence to make the case stick. It would be a crime for the guilty party to get off because of some legal loop hole.

Again really? What kind of danger is Steve to either child from where he sits? I'm sure the ex has it covered non the less. What is long term? I didn't know anything about Melinda until the baby was born. That's only been 2 years. Two years isn't long at all. Unfortunately my husband has health problems that has kept me busy with rehabs, doctors, therapy's, hospitals and basically housebound.

Well he was obviously a danger to Melinda. It isn't that far of a leap to believe he would endanger his children, especially if Melinda was pregnant at the time of her death.

Not trying to change your opinion, but I do know that SL and Melinda were sitting together on the couch watching t.v. when someone opened the patio door and threw in a bag of lingerie. Also, he had taken her to the doctor and they were together the day the bedroom screen was cut and window tampered with. Neighbors reported seeing a man sitting out in front of the house watching. Steve was in the bathroom when Melinda saw a man in their backyard beating the dogs. Twist that anyway you want, but it was true someone was stalking her.

Bold "stalker" to go right into the yard and "beat" the dogs, open the door, and throw a bag inside, sit right out in front of the house... Would you NOT ALARM your home, SECURE the premises,and be EXTRA watchful if this was truly the case? I would be not be able to rest until I felt my family was safe.
Twist that any way you want, but this guy did JACK to protect her from this alleged "stalker".

Bold "stalker" to go right into the yard and "beat" the dogs, open the door, and throw a bag inside, sit right out in front of the house... Would you NOT ALARM your home, SECURE the premises,and be EXTRA watchful if this was truly the case? I would be not be able to rest until I felt my family was safe.
Twist that any way you want, but this guy did JACK to protect her from this alleged "stalker".

Not saying he did everything to protect her but maybe they felt safe since they had 3 dogs, she had a gun and the stalker was reported several times according to what was posted...Not doing Jack in your opinion doesn't mean he murdered his wife...now that we have two sides to the story I might even go as far as to say that just maybe Steve is being framed by a jealous stalker.It's possible...

If I'm understanding some of the other people's comments even SL exwife knew Melinda, before the baby was born, you must be more of a distant relative, not really kept in the loop of SL and Melinda's life.

I just don't think that the whole stalker story makes sense, did Melinda give a description to the police of what the abuser looked like, seeing him in the yard beating the dog she would have had a good look, did the neighbor give a description of the man sitting out front of Melinda's house, type of vehicle,color.

The conspiracy thing what if SL paid someone to throw the lingerie in the patio door, cut the screen, pretend to be a stalker. Wouldn't that be conspiracy as a plot was laid to make it look like there was a stalker. If so maybe the person who he paid turned on him.

If I'm understanding some of the other people's comments even SL exwife knew Melinda, before the baby was born, you must be more of a distant relative, not really kept in the loop of SL and Melinda's life.

I just don't think that the whole stalker story makes sense, did Melinda give a description to the police of what the abuser looked like, seeing him in the yard beating the dog she would have had a good look, did the neighbor give a description of the man sitting out front of Melinda's house, type of vehicle,color.

The conspiracy thing what if SL paid someone to throw the lingerie in the patio door, cut the screen, pretend to be a stalker. Wouldn't that be conspiracy as a plot was laid to make it look like there was a stalker. If so maybe the person who he paid turned on him.

Nope, not a distant relative at all. I don't know what others knew......do you know everything your family members are doing at all times? It's my understanding it was dark out when they let the dogs out and she didn't get a good look at him. We know who the person is that sat in the car and watched her.

Wow, thats quite a accusation.From what you post I assume you know the x wife well since you know about back child support.I got my post deleted for saying that I thought the X wife knew about this forum but wanted no part of it after another poster made the comment that she didn't... I said..."then why keep bringing her up if she wanted no part of this discussion"
I don't know the ex-wife. The contempt of court hearing for failure to pay court-ordered child support is a matter of public record.

I would certainly have locked my doors. There was no forced entry to the house. In my opinion, that throws a bit of shade on the stalker story.

Did SL admit to leaving the doors unlocked or was it just no forced entry found?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyclic8