GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if there is going to be a wrongful death suit against SL as soon as he is convicted of Melinda's murder. I hope so, wouldn't want him being able to have anything while doing his time.
He won't have anything. He is in arrears on state-mandated child support. Any money he earns in prison will go towards that debt. Of course if he's convicted he won't collect on the insurance. So .... I think chances are good he'll spend the rest of his life in prison working to pay money he owes. JMO.

You stated from the start, that you would not share your views on this case, because we will, "all believe what we want to believe", suggesting that we would not take into account, any information that might show Steve was not guilty. (And conveniently letting you not provide any such info... since there isn't any really.) That's not an overly polite introduction right there... I feel we have all gone to great lengths to get as much information as we can. And I have felt many times, a certain...edge... in your posts, that feel antagonistic, ever since. JMO

This was my exact quote on my first post.........My intentions when becoming verified were not to attempt to change anyone's minds, nor to debate whether Steve committed murder. How can you construe that as being impolite?

He won't have anything. He is in arrears on state-mandated child support. Any money he earns in prison will go towards that debt. Of course if he's convicted he won't collect on the insurance. So .... I think chances are good he'll spend the rest of his life in prison working to pay money he owes. JMO.
And that would be the best possible outcome. Let him live a long healthy life knowing that he wasn't anywhere near as smart as he thought he was.

Hey folks !! starshine4u is a VI here and you may ask questions and discuss matters courteously, but do NOT be rude or abrasive. The TOS principles of courtesy and respect apply to all WSers and that includes VIs.

Thanks.

First, I want to make it clear I have no intent to be uncivil toward you. My point of view, and I've stated it numerous times is that I believe the police have it right. I am entitled to my opinion. I'm very sorry that this is a family member of yours and I know this has to be painful for you and your entire family.

I did view this as a contradiction. I am sorry if that upset you, but it seems to be contradictory to me to continue to discuss the policy, and you did refer to the contestable clause in your post and that is specific to the policy. The contestable clause is not always two years. It frequently is - but not always. And again, I did not say anything about personality traits in my posts.

First, I want to make it clear I have no intent to be uncivil toward you. My point of view, and I've stated it numerous times is that I believe the police have it right. I am entitled to my opinion. I'm very sorry that this is a family member of yours and I know this has to be painful for you and your entire family.

I did view this as a contradiction. I am sorry if that upset you, but it seems to be contradictory to me to continue to discuss the policy, and you did refer to the contestable clause in your post and that is specific to the policy. The contestable clause is not always two years. It frequently is - but not always. And again, I did not say anything about personality traits in my posts.

I beg to differ with you. I recently had to purchase life insurance for my husband and I. After searching for months for the right policies the one thing that stands out about them all is the two year clause. To clarify WHY I noticed this in all the policies is because of my husbands health issues.

When I said I couldn't discuss the policy I meant the specifics of the policy because you had asked about beneficiary's. Saying the policy was being contested has nothing to do with the specifics of what is in the policy.

I appreciate the difficult position you are in and also the details you have shared. I can't think of a more painful emotional experience families can go through.

JMO

I beg to differ with you. I recently had to purchase life insurance for my husband and I. After searching for months for the right policies the one thing that stands out about them all is the two year clause.

Typically two years. But not always.

That could well be. My point is I did not think it was specific to Melinda's policy.

I know the two-year suicide clause is pretty standard. I think other waiting periods depend on the type of policy it was and whether Melinda took a medical exam to obtain approval and how she answered health questions.

JMO

From what Melinda had told me last, Steve wasn't working any kind of steady job.

On a plus note, melindas mom got to see baby girl Friday!!!!!

&&& if all goes well I will get to join next time <3

As far as I know Melinda didn't have an issue with him traveling, from what I was told by her is HE didn't want to leave HER alone..

#JusticeForMelinda

So very happy to hear her mom got to see baby girl! I'm sure it was a joyful reunion. I'm also happy to hear you'll be seeing her too. I'm sure you miss her very much. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mzrowdy