GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sethersoulfree
Actually I was suppose to meet with our other friend, melinda and babygirl for breakfast that morning to catch up, I had 2 missed calls from the landlords girlfriend (one of our best friends && also the girl that was suppose to go out with us) && it was going off again (which is what woke me, about 7 am) so I picked up and she was silent I kept saying her name and all she managed to say was, don't go to melindas.. And I could just hear it in her voice.. She didn't have to say it.. I just knew.. Our friend was at the house with the police and her boyfriend (owner of the home) I picked her up from there

Because SHSF said...."Actually I was suppose to meet with our other friend, melinda and babygirl for breakfast that MORNING to catch up" And if your other friend or whoever happened upon the murder scene at an early morning hour that tells me that breakfast was planned early....

Wow....nobody just "happened upon the murder scene at an early morning hour...."

ReREAD what she said. The landlord of the rented house where Melinda lived was A FRIEND. He has a girlfriend who is ALSO A FRIEND.

If you are a property owner and a crime has been committed on YOUR property, you are going to get a call or a visit from the police.

What is weird about that???

<modsnip> Thanks.

Sethersoulfree

Wow....nobody just "happened upon the murder scene at an early morning hour...."

ReREAD what she said. The landlord of the rented house where Melinda lived was A FRIEND. He has a girlfriend who is ALSO A FRIEND.

If you are a property owner and a crime has been committed on YOUR property, you are going to get a call or a visit from the police.

What is weird about that???

<modsnip> Thanks.

I feel Snowhite is a very compassionate person, who may be attempting to thoroughly examine all explanations for Melinda's death. There's clearly been some postings that show her confusion about some information, but I don't feel she is maliciously twisting or mis-quoting. She appears to me, to be looking to support starshines4u's participation here, (perhaps to the detriment of logical thought jmo). Perhaps she has been overly sympathetic to a person who has been antagonistic, to say the least, to Melinda, friends and family. But she herself, has expressed, that she is elderly and trying her best to be open minded. I only wish I could begin to imagine, how someone other than Steve Lindsey, The person Melinda most adored, could somehow ...not... have killed his beautiful, young bride. And though it might be some *misguided fight for the under-dog" I think we all get it.

She probably did NOT tell him of her plans. Otherwise she would have had to deal with one of his temper tantrums.
He knew. SHSF heard Melinda ask Steve if she could go eat with her friends. His response was "you know the deal" so SHSF asked Melinda what that meant. It meant she had to carry a tracking device and check in every 20 minutes. But he did give her permission (God just typing that word - permission - just gags me) to go

So he knew her friends would be arriving at the house around ten that morning. I still think his plan was to shoot her, leave in the wee hours, and let her friends find her. Something changed that and caused him to improvise.

Here's a theory that fits with some of the known facts. And it ties up some of the loose ends.

Maybe Melinda DID get up early that morning and feed the baby, just like she always did at 4:45am. Then she or SL put the baby back into the crib and the dog into the garage so they could have some alone time (sex).

This would answer the questions of why the baby was quiet in her crib. Why Melinda was in bed later than usual, and it offers a possible explaination about the dog.

Here's a theory that fits with some of the known facts. And it ties up some of the loose ends.

Maybe Melinda DID get up early that morning and feed the baby, just like she always did at 4:45am. Then she or SL put the baby back into the crib and the dog into the garage so they could have some alone time (sex).

This would answer the questions of why the baby was quiet in her crib. Why Melinda was in bed later than usual, and it offers a possible explaination about the dog.
This has actually crossed my mind also - that Melinda got up as usual and then got back into bed because Steve wanted sex. Then once she was dozing he slipped out of bed and shot her. If that is what happened it would show up in the autopsy report that she recently had sex.

This has actually crossed my mind also - that Melinda got up as usual and then got back into bed because Steve wanted sex. Then once she was dozing he slipped out of bed and shot her. If that is what happened it would show up in the autopsy report that she recently had sex.

I can understand that theory which seems plausible, however how heartless to share intimacy knowing you are planning her murder.
Awful thought.

The case featured on last night's 48-Hours was about a woman who shot her husband under very similar circumstances and she was convicted even though it was obvious she was a battered woman and had been assaulted herself. She had a moron for an attorney.

JMO

The case featured on last night's 48-Hours was about a woman who shot her husband under very similar circumstances and she was convicted even though it was obvious she was a battered woman and had been assaulted herself. She had a moron for an attorney.

JMO
It is a good theory, but it depends on whether Melinda would go back to bed with her baby awake. I suppose SL could have told her to rest, he would take care of Baby Girl. I just don't feel like she would stay in bed for any reason once BabyGirl was up, especially knowing that SHSF and BB were supposed to meet her for breakfast.

It is a good theory, but it depends on whether Melinda would go back to bed with her baby awake. I suppose SL could have told her to rest, he would take care of Baby Girl. I just don't feel like she would stay in bed for any reason once BabyGirl was up, especially knowing that SHSF and BB were supposed to meet her for breakfast.

I don't believe Melinda had any choice whatsoever nor was she given an option.

I don't believe Melinda had any choice whatsoever nor was she given an option.
Yes, maybe he did tell her something like he was going to fix her a snack or breakfast. I don't know which scenario is worse; SL shooting Melinda in the dead of night and her gasping for breath as he stages the scene or him luring her back to bed and then killing her. I just hope she never knew what hit her. I hope it was sudden and the injury she sustained didn't leave her lingering in agony while her murderer ran about Ina panic trying to determine how he could get away with it.

Yes, maybe he did tell her something like he was going to fix her a snack or breakfast. I don't know which scenario is worse; SL shooting Melinda in the dead of night and her gasping for breath as he stages the scene or him luring her back to bed and then killing her. I just hope she never knew what hit her. I hope it was sudden and the injury she sustained didn't leave her lingering in agony while her murderer ran about Ina panic trying to determine how he could get away with it.

Unless he confesses, there is no way to know for certain. He's a cold-blooded, narcissistic sociopath either way.

JMO

I doubt he will confess. That would mean he has to admit he has a flaw and the other people are smarter.

There are so many things that do not add up with SL's story, but for me, one of the biggest problems I'm having is on the subject of whether he was still living in the marital home. He did state he'd moved out five to six weeks earlier: http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...tb-lindsey-arrest-st-0213-20150212-story.html

SHSF has stated numerous times she does not believe he ever moved out. I recall that starshine4u also stated this and I could not find her exact post, but I did find a post in which showhite quoted the post in which that was stated:
04-11-2015, 03:03 PM
Snowhite
user-offline.png

Join DateJul 2004Posts245​

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Tina Grant
I don't think that's been confirmed.

Starshine4U answered the Video question....I'll just post her whole post...

Thank You for the questions. My intentions when becoming verified were not to attempt to change anyone's minds, nor to debate whether Steve committed murder. I have attempted to post certain things when I felt the rumors and untruths were becoming a part of the equation, only to have my posts deleted. I will say, yes I know Steve very well. Unfortunately I did not know Melinda very well. Yes, this is difficult for both families. First, there is no life insurance policy on the baby. Never has been. There is no video with Steve in it from a gas station. Steve was employed, it was not a side job, it was with a company as a supervisor. As with the 911 call (no neighbor called 911, only Steve), the papers got quite a bit wrong. Steve never moved out, they never split up. They had not discussed divorce. They did take a cruise, the pictures are on her phone. As Tricia says, it's up to you to believe what you want. These are all things that will come up in court, so lying about them would be futile. As to what I believe........like I said, I'm not going to attempt to change anyone's mind. We are seeking the truth as everyone else is. Unfortunately I am limited in what I can discuss.

Why would he tell investigators he'd moved out? Any thoughts?​

It's been said that maybe he said that so as to have a reason for sleeping on the couch and not in bed with her.
Frankly I think the best theory is that he wanted everyone to believe he didn't live there so he could "find" her dead in the morning. Someone else theorized that since Melinda was supposed to go to breakfast with her friends that the plan was for THEM to find her, but when she didn't die right away and the gun jammed he had to change plans. I think he had a girlfriend. I think he was cheating on Melinda and told this other woman that he was separated. That way when the news was published, the GF wouldn't find out he had lied to her. I think (if she even exists) that he has convinced her he is innocent and that she will benefit from him receiving the 1,000,000 death benefit and that's why she hasn't come forward, or if she HAS come forward, that hasn't been made public.

It's been said that maybe he said that so as to have a reason for sleeping on the couch and not in bed with her.
Frankly I think the best theory is that he wanted everyone to believe he didn't live there so he could "find" her dead in the morning. Someone else theorized that since Melinda was supposed to go to breakfast with her friends that the plan was for THEM to find her, but when she didn't die right away and the gun jammed he had to change plans. I think he had a girlfriend. I think he was cheating on Melinda and told this other woman that he was separated. That way when the news was published, the GF wouldn't find out he had lied to her. I think (if she even exists) that he has convinced her he is innocent and that she will benefit from him receiving the 1,000,000 death benefit and that's why she hasn't come forward, or if she HAS come forward, that hasn't been made public.

BBM. I believe she exists, cops know who she is and she isn't stupid enough to believe Steve will ever lay his hands on the life insurance.

JMO

There are so many things that do not add up with SL's story, but for me, one of the biggest problems I'm having is on the subject of whether he was still living in the marital home. He did state he'd moved out five to six weeks earlier: http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...tb-lindsey-arrest-st-0213-20150212-story.html

SHSF has stated numerous times she does not believe he ever moved out. I recall that starshine4u also stated this and I could not find her exact post, but I did find a post in which showhite quoted the post in which that was stated:
04-11-2015, 03:03 PM
Snowhite
user-offline.png

Join DateJul 2004Posts245​

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Tina Grant
I don't think that's been confirmed.

Starshine4U answered the Video question....I'll just post her whole post...

Thank You for the questions. My intentions when becoming verified were not to attempt to change anyone's minds, nor to debate whether Steve committed murder. I have attempted to post certain things when I felt the rumors and untruths were becoming a part of the equation, only to have my posts deleted. I will say, yes I know Steve very well. Unfortunately I did not know Melinda very well. Yes, this is difficult for both families. First, there is no life insurance policy on the baby. Never has been. There is no video with Steve in it from a gas station. Steve was employed, it was not a side job, it was with a company as a supervisor. As with the 911 call (no neighbor called 911, only Steve), the papers got quite a bit wrong. Steve never moved out, they never split up. They had not discussed divorce. They did take a cruise, the pictures are on her phone. As Tricia says, it's up to you to believe what you want. These are all things that will come up in court, so lying about them would be futile. As to what I believe........like I said, I'm not going to attempt to change anyone's mind. We are seeking the truth as everyone else is. Unfortunately I am limited in what I can discuss.

Why would he tell investigators he'd moved out? Any thoughts?​

Nobody would believe the stalker story if he still lived in the house. What he didn't anticipate was the gun jamming.

JMO

I doubt he will confess. That would mean he has to admit he has a flaw and the other people are smarter.

He may not have a choice if he accepts a plea deal. His daughter is owed the truth. EL has lost her mother and her sibling.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member