GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
in this article: http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/post-tribune/news/ct-ptb-lindsey-trial-porter-st-1118-20151117-story.html

it says,
He said that as a journeyman electrical lineman, work that paid $150,000 to $170,000 a year was easy to come by, and he had taken off for the holidays and to help wean his wife off an alleged addiction to prescription medications.

To me, it sounds like he had *just* stopped working, "for the holidays." Does anyone know how long he was actually out of work?

Like some others have said, it makes no sense that SL would be drinking and taking drugs while helping his wife with her alleged addiction.

He's a typical Narcissist. His ego is getting in the way.

Money Issues

1) $13.00 in checking account
2) Behind on child support
3) Behind on rent
4) Wife asks for $ from her mother to pay bills
5) Life insurance on wife about to lapse
6) Cashing out pension / retirement fund
7) SL & Melinda fighting about $ to the point of discussing divorce

SL says on the stand
1) NO money problems
2) He earns $150,000 - $170,000 per year or $9300 - $10,572 (appx) per month and that this money comes by EASY.
3) He was taking time off for the holidays and "helping his wife overcome her addiction to prescription drugs" And the night of the murder he took a Xanax, 2 Valiums and at least 5 shots of scotch. (And she has the substance abuse problem. Ok.)

Other Problems

1) Melinda on the MetLife tape CLEARLY stating SL had been hounding her to get life insurance. And then SL's voice insisting he be beneficiary.

SL denies this on the stand.

2) SL calling his brother after the murder from the babies room and saying "they took my wife" when he'd never even left the room to check on Melinda.

On the stand during direct examination he said, "What could I have done?"

The obvious ones that will make the jury hate his guts:
1) Hurry up creamation
2) No funeral / No obituary
3) Photo of the gunshot wound
4) Killing the dogs
5) Looking up adoption websites

The one that will most likely hang him is the refusal to take the GSR test on his face. And the gloves laying in the sink.

There is so much that shows the premeditation involved. It's really scary. I feel so bad for poor Melinda.

in this article: http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/post-tribune/news/ct-ptb-lindsey-trial-porter-st-1118-20151117-story.html

it says,

To me, it sounds like he had *just* stopped working, "for the holidays." Does anyone know how long he was actually out of work?

Like some others have said, it makes no sense that SL would be drinking and taking drugs while helping his wife with her alleged addiction.

He had been fired from that job some time back because he'd been drinking on the job, etc. He'd been out of work for quite some time.

The other question I have is how would he have a tax refund coming if he hadn't been working? AND *IF* he made the amount of money he claims he did without any substantial deductions (mortgage interest, etc) He would be launched into a much higher tax bracket. I seriously doubt there would be any substantial refunds coming. Not to mention the taxes and penalties he would have to pay for cashing out that pension prior to age 59. Seriously dude??

He had been fired from that job some time back because he'd been drinking on the job, etc. He'd been out of work for quite some time.
After he was laid off from his full time job he had to take contract work - basically he was a storm chaser. He would have to travel to places where electrical lines had come down due to bad weather or other events, work on them, and them wait for the next gig. So he worked very intermittently.

SL says on the stand
1) NO money problems
2) He earns $150,000 - $170,000 per year or $9300 - $10,572 (appx) per month and that this money comes by EASY.
3) He was taking time off for the holidays and "helping his wife overcome her addiction to prescription drugs" And the night of the murder he took a Xanax, 2 Valiums and at least 5 shots of scotch. (And she has the substance abuse problem. Ok.

He is a peach of a hubby (sarcasm). Every woman's nightmare relationship

I just looked up salaries paid by Commonwealth Edison / Exelon and even top engineers don't make that kind of money. Even at the top end of the salary range. SL wouldn't be at the top of the salary range for his position either. He wouldn't have had enough experience or time on the job.

Why would he lie about something that can be so easily disputed??

Sorry. Stupid question. Like someone else pointed out, if he's talking, he's lying.

I just looked up salaries paid by Commonwealth Edison / Exelon and even top engineers don't make that kind of money. Even at the top end of the salary range. SL wouldn't be at the top of the salary range for his position either. He wouldn't have had enough experience or time on the job.

Why would he lie about something that can be so easily disputed??

Sorry. Stupid question. Like someone else pointed out, if he's talking, he's lying.

He was a fool to take the stand. Well, he's a fool even if he didn't take the stand, but you know what I mean.

During the trial there are so many areas of inconsistencies, and now he sits on the stand, to what, clear these up? He can't clear them up. He's telling lies "thinking" he's making sense and putting order to the chaos. He's too smug and probably narcissistic to recognize that he sounds like a fool.

But it's the best thing for the prosecution. And the best thing for the jurors to hear what comes out of the mouth of evil. It will make their decision a lot easier now.

Can't believe he went to the stand. His lawyer is probably livid and cringing at every utterance he makes.

This is great for Melinda and her loved ones. It won't bring her back, but I do believe it will bring justice to the situation, and that is something.

Thank you Set Her Soul Free for your continued updates over this year. I'm curious how long it will take the jury to reach their decision when they go to deliberate. I suspect not too long.

I wouldn't be one bit surprised if there was a verdict today. I would be surprised if we didn't have one by Friday.

PLAUSIBLE???? Not, "NO!!! That's what really happened!!!"

OMG. His attorney must be banging his head on the defense table by now.

So he needed the insurance money to find the real killer. All righty then!

SL, Scott Peterson & OJ could pool their resources and hire the same PI firm. Weren't they going to "find the real killer" too??

So he needed the insurance money to find the real killer. All righty then!

I presume that he'd "Shopped" PI's in his area to find a good one, and to see how much $ he would need.

I can't open the Chicago Trib. pages (they are greyed out unless I want to pay). Did they explore why he was searching "adoption"???

This guy is done!

I can NOT believe he said he was going to use the insurance $ to find the "real killer". Why not just scream, "I DID IT!" Same thing. IMO.

Wow.

I presume that he'd "Shopped" PI's in his area to find a good one, and to see how much $ he would need.

I can't open the Chicago Trib. pages (they are greyed out unless I want to pay). Did they explore why he was searching "adoption"???

This guy is done!

Barry, that happened to me too. Try opening on a different device. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members