GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of all the cases I've followed, SL rates right at the top as far as dumb defendants. If I hadn't seen this for myself, I wouldn't have believed it. This guy is just so over the top.mhow does he say the crap he says with a straight face? Seriously!

Out of all the cases I've followed, SL rates right at the top as far as dumb defendants. If I hadn't seen this for myself, I wouldn't have believed it. This guy is just so over the top. How does he say the crap he says with a straight face? Seriously!

And people have commented that he is smart. This is probably true. He apparently did have a good job.

IMO, he is a Narcissist. He completely lacks empathy. He thinks only about himself. He is incapable of loving anyone. And since he is so focused on himself and HIS wants and needs, he fails to see how he comes across to others.

He thinks it makes him look "good" if he makes lots of money. But he forgot that everybody knows he doesn't pay his bills. He's not at the bar trying to picking up women.

Being "controlling" is also a trait of a narcissist. Somebody had said (Maybe Melinda's dad) that she was getting ready to leave him. A Narcissist can't take rejection of any kind. Only THEY do the leaving.

The dogs were a nuisance. So he had them killed. Apparently without a thought.

And looking up adoption websites. That's so bad, it's frightening. How could anyone do that? Murder that poor baby's mommy and then put her up for adoption?

He's a monster.

On cross examination: "And Mr. Lindsey, you say you 'looked into' buying a mobile security system. Why didn't you? We know you have piles of money, you loved your wife more than life itself, your little girl was the apple of your eye, and you wanted to protect them with every fiber of your being. Could you tell the jurors what made you declined security that might have kept your family safe from the threats you knew: the stalker, the robbers, and all those ex-boyfriends who suddenly have appeared?"

Thanks for that information. Can I ask where you got it? I would love to read as I can not find anything about pros cross today. Thank you

Set her Soul Free.....we know that he took the dogs to be put down, but we don't know if the Vet actually complied with his request. Do you know? Is one of those dogs the one that he was fighting with his ex over?

I'm sorry, Barry. I wrote that up fantasizing I was the prosecuting attorney. Yeah, I'd like to see the transcripts, too. This is one I'd be glued to if it were on tv.

Set her Soul Free.....we know that he took the dogs to be put down, but we don't know if the Vet actually complied with his request. Do you know? Is one of those dogs the one that he was fighting with his ex over?

Yes they were put down sadly :(

#JusticeForMelinda

Yes they were put down sadly :(

#JusticeForMelinda

OMG. I can't believe a reputable Vet would do such a thing to healthy dogs. Of course, this travesty pales in comparison to SP did to his wife....and to his children's lives.

Be patient a little longer, Set Her Soul Free.....justice for your sweet Melinda is just hours away.

Set Her Soul Free, just for clarity. I understand that there were 3 dogs living with Melinda and Steve. One of those dogs previously had resided with his ex-wife and son.

I read that only TWO dogs were euthanized. I had hoped that the one dog that was spared was returned to his ex wife and son.

So, now we know that the vet DID go through with the euthanization of the dogs, but please confirm (if you know) was one dog spared. And if so was it his son's dog. And if so did the dog go back to his son?

Like most people involved in this mess, their lives will never be the same. I would think his son would be damaged in a major way. His Dad killed his stepmom. He possibly won't see his sister anymore (or maybe rarely). Knowing that on top of all of that, Dad had his dog put to sleep for NO reason is a cruelty that has to go deep into this young son's soul.

I think of these two children often.

Rogers reminded jurors if they have reasonable doubt, the cannot find his client guilty.

"If you can't go back in that room and say exactly how this happened, that's reasonable doubt," he said.

This was from today's NWItimes. That is not true, and I hope the prosecution or the judge clarified that.

Nobody can know EXACTLY how it happened except for Steve. Melinda can't tell. Baby can't tell. Dogs can't tell. So how in the world can a jury tell EXACTLY what happened. Yes, they have to feel that the evidence is strong. But circumstantial evidence, when piled high enough, is enough to convict for murder. Happens all the time.

Of course the defense attorney has to convince only ONE person to NOT vote guilty. Let's hope they all have connecting brain cells.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...ndsey-trial-close-st-1119-20151118-story.html

And for the icing on the cake:
Tomorrow is his BIRTHDAY!!! OMG. I swear, you can't make this stuff up!!!

Arabian, you are too fabulous for knowing this - and sharing. It just doesn't get any better.

And Barry, I read that, too. You can rest assured that the prosecutor will rebut that if they have any opportunity and the judge WILL give instructions. Normally with guidance.

I'd say a prayer if I were a believer but instead I will wait and hope.

Today is the day justice for Melinda and her loved ones.

I hope he paced his tiny little cell all night, afraid of what the real prison is going to be like, scared that his next roommate will be big bubba. I hope he lives in fear for the rest of his days, just like he made Melinda live in fear.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...ndsey-trial-close-st-1119-20151118-story.html

Polarek said Lindsey took no steps to secure the house after five reported stalking incidents that the prosecution said he set up.

This is so powerful. FIVE incidents of stalking that were so "threatening" that you file a police report, yet you don't follow through with securing the house to protect your wife and baby daughter? And obviously you don't lock the front door on the night of the murder either.

The shot glass in the sink was an indication Lindsey needed "liquid courage," Polarek said, and the house showed no signs of struggles or Lindsey being dragged to the bedroom.

BINGO!!

She also referred to testimony from an officer who said unconsciousness would end after a chokehold is released and someone in the hold extensively would need medical attention.

Um...yeah, Shawn. He would have at least gone to the doctor if it was half as serious as you'd have everyone believe.

The prosecutor also brought up the fact that Melinda had her own gun right there in or on her night stand. And since SL never bothered to go check to see what happened after hearing the shot, how did he know that SHE didn't shoot the "intruder" rather than the intruder shooting her? Hmmmm???

I thought that was brilliant.

Happy Birthday, SL. I don't know if you'll receive your gift today. But it's coming. 45-65 years in the State Penitentiary.

RIP Sweet Melinda

Set Her Soul Free, you've been so strong and so kind to answer questions for us, and I appreciate it. I was hoping you could answer another.

I don't know who is caring for baby girl right now, and I don't know what kind of person SL's ex is......I'm wondering if the adults in these kids' lives are allowing the brother and sister to see each other. She's just a baby, but I'm assuming the siblings had a bond and a presence in each other's lives before SL blew their world apart. I'm hoping that they are least still able to see one another.

Set Her Soul Free, you've been so strong and so kind to answer questions for us, and I appreciate it. I was hoping you could answer another.

I don't know who is caring for baby girl right now, and I don't know what kind of person SL's ex is......I'm wondering if the adults in these kids' lives are allowing the brother and sister to see each other. She's just a baby, but I'm assuming the siblings had a bond and a presence in each other's lives before SL blew their world apart. I'm hoping that they are least still able to see one another.

I was hoping that too, that the kids could visit one another while growing up. They could be a source of strength to one another down the years.

I don't know if you are allowed to tell us Set Her Soul Free, but I'm hoping the baby is not with Steve's family as that could get confusing to her as she realizes her Dad murdered her mother, and the family she is living with supported the Dad in court. I'm hoping she is somewhere else.

Set Her Soul Free, just for clarity. I understand that there were 3 dogs living with Melinda and Steve. One of those dogs previously had resided with his ex-wife and son.

I read that only TWO dogs were euthanized. I had hoped that the one dog that was spared was returned to his ex wife and son.

So, now we know that the vet DID go through with the euthanization of the dogs, but please confirm (if you know) was one dog spared. And if so was it his son's dog. And if so did the dog go back to his son?

Like most people involved in this mess, their lives will never be the same. I would think his son would be damaged in a major way. His Dad killed his stepmom. He possibly won't see his sister anymore (or maybe rarely). Knowing that on top of all of that, Dad had his dog put to sleep for NO reason is a cruelty that has to go deep into this young son's soul.

I think of these two children often.

I wasn't informed about what happened to Mosley (his dog, but I would assume either the ex wife or or his family has him) I do know that he wasn't put down, as far as I was told just her 2 pups were put down

#JusticeForMelinda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member