GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have had to deal with so much pain and so much incredible anxiety for many months. I personally have a very hard time believing the jury could come in with anything less than a guilty verdict, but of course no one knows yet just how this will turn out, but I did look up the jury deliberation time frame before guilty verdicts were handed down in some famous murder cases.

The jury in the Drew Peterson murder case took 14 hours before coming in with a guilty verdict. This was a circumstantial evidence case.

The jury in the Jody Arias case took 15 hours before coming in with a guilty verdict. In this case they did have forensic proof that she was the murderer!

The jury in the Scott Peterson case took 7 days for a verdict of guilty. This was an almost entirely circumstantial case.

The jury in the Menendez brothers case took 4 days.

I'm praying for you and for Melinda's family! Justice for Melinda!

This is probably the worst wait I've ever had.. The unknown.. It all rests in the hands of 12 strangers.. Who are randomly picked && we have no idea what kind of people they are.. It's just a scary thought..

However knowing time frames from other cases helps a little..

#JusticeForMelinda

I've followed this case from the start and I don't know anyone involved. But I feel as if I do after being a member of this forum and reading the various newspaper articles. God bless you for being there for Melinda's family and for being such a true and genuine friend to Melinda. You have spoken for her in court. By creating and participating in this forum, you have made sure she is not forgotten and you have shown incredible strength of character throughout this whole ordeal.

I've followed this case from the start and I don't know anyone involved. But I feel as if I do after being a member of this forum and reading the various newspaper articles. God bless you for being there for Melinda's family and for being such a true and genuine friend to Melinda. You have spoken for her in court. By creating and participating in this forum, you have made sure she is not forgotten and you have shown incredible strength of character throughout this whole ordeal.

OMG I'm so emotional right now, making me cry. Lol

Thank you all for keeping up with the case.. As long as I have any say so.. Melinda will never be forgotten.. She did so much for me throughout our friendship.. The least I can do is keep her memory alive

#JusticeForMelinda

I can't even imagine how awful this wait has to be and you are right about 12 strangers deciding this. I hope it helps to know that many people are praying the jury gets this right and that justice is served.

I do not personally know ML or SL, and I imagine most of us on this thread do not as well. Melinda could be any of our daughter, Grandaughter, sister, friend. It could happen to anyone we love and care about. Imagine. I believe when we are able to look behind closed doors and see manipulation, control and abuse Melinda suffered we understand her despair.
SL didn't tell ML she was married. How many times has this story been true. SL cheating on wife (now ex). I can assure you the ex wife is fortunate she didn't end up the same fate as ML. More likely than not, ex had the strength and foresight to get out of the situation. ML may have wanted to leave, but didn't think she had the means,
That was ML biggest mistake, she could have revealed to family, friend, or even a shelter she needed help, desperate help. She was Inexperienced, bullied and afraid. I don't blame her, she is a victim of circumstance.
SL used that to control her.
I pray abused woman learns from this
I just pray for justice for Melinda

Just be patient. The jury is just making it look good. They knew it would be bad form to say "Oh, no, really....we don't need to adjourn to the deliberation room. He's guilty as hell...lets just get this over with."

I do not personally know ML or SL, and I imagine most of us on this thread do not as well. Melinda could be any of our daughter, Grandaughter, sister, friend. It could happen to anyone we love and care about. Imagine. I believe when we are able to look behind closed doors and see manipulation, control and abuse Melinda suffered we understand her despair.
SL didn't tell ML she was married. How many times has this story been true. SL cheating on wife (now ex). I can assure you the ex wife is fortunate she didn't end up the same fate as ML. More likely than not, ex had the strength and foresight to get out of the situation. ML may have wanted to leave, but didn't think she had the means,
That was ML biggest mistake, she could have revealed to family, friend, or even a shelter she needed help, desperate help. She was Inexperienced, bullied and afraid. I don't blame her, she is a victim of circumstance.
SL used that to control her.
I pray abused woman learns from this
I just pray for justice for Melinda
There are several of us on here who have been in manipulative/abusive relationships ourselves and got out. Our hearts break for Melinda because she did not. And of course it goes without saying that we want to see her killer rot in prison.

They stop at 5, don't they? It looks like won't be today.

I think they "CAN" do overtime, but they don't have to. It's good that they are going over details and taking a bit more time than the family (and us on websleuths) would want. But this way their verdict has been debated and not just a quick vote.

How about we raise a virtual glass and make a toast to Melinda. She doesn't know how many people are following her case and caring about her...strangers many of them.

Here Here !!

And I do pray, so if others do, or meditate for good things this might be the time to invest a few minutes for truth to prevail.

I think they "CAN" do overtime, but they don't have to. It's good that they are going over details and taking a bit more time than the family (and us on websleuths) would want. But this way their verdict has been debated and not just a quick vote.

How about we raise a virtual glass and make a toast to Melinda. She doesn't know how many people are following her case and caring about her...strangers many of them.

Here Here !!

And I do pray, so if others do, or meditate for good things this might be the time to invest a few minutes for truth to prevail.

*rasises virtual glass [emoji483]*

To Melinda..

I've always called Melinda the show stopper.. Bc she was the type of person who could walk into a room full of people and everyone would take notice.. && her southern twang was the icing on the cake.. She loved being the center of attention.. Even in death she is still touching people's lives, she would love that.. So I know I sound like a broken record but again thank you all so much for taking such interest in the case, as well as looking to see justice for her as well.

#JusticeForMelinda

I'll raise a glass for Melinda, and all her loved ones, may justice prevail.

I'm going to pray that they give him the maximum sentence, may he never see freedom again, cheers

I'd also like to raise a glass for Set Her Soul Free, we all should be as lucky as Melinda to have such a great friend, you were blessed to have Melinda in your life as she was blessed to have you

*rasises virtual glass [emoji483]*

To Melinda..

I've always called Melinda the show stopper.. Bc she was the type of person who could walk into a room full of people and everyone would take notice.. && her southern twang was the icing on the cake.. She loved being the center of attention.. Even in death she is still touching people's lives, she would love that.. So I know I sound like a broken record but again thank you all so much for taking such interest in the case, as well as looking to see justice for her as well.

Did not know she had a twang :) She's very pretty. And from what I've read here, a very nice person, in a bad bad situation.

You can talk about her as much as you want/need to Set Her Soul Free, this is a place where you can do that.

If she can look down upon you, I know she would be proud of her friend.

Sweetie I am so deeply sorry for the loss of your good friend Melinda. I hope you are able to move on and celebrate her life in each and every way you can.
Make your life matter.

I'll raise a glass for Melinda, and all her loved ones, may justice prevail.

I'm going to pray that they give him the maximum sentence, may he never see freedom again, cheers
I just want a guilty verdict. Even if he gets the minimum, 45 years, he'll be 80 when he gets out - if he lives that long.

Definitely had a twang, we all use to compare her to Taylor swift lol honestly she was the "typical ditzy blonde"

Always moving forward in life, we use to talk about death a lot when we were roomies.. && how awful it would be to lose one another... (I always assumed I'd go before her, don't we all tho) we made a promise back then that.. No matter what happened.. No matter how badly it hurt.. That we would always move forward and never get stuck in a time loop, that we had to live life not only to the fullest.. But further bc we would be living for each other..

#JusticeForMelinda

I just want a guilty verdict. Even if he gets the minimum, 45 years, he'll be 80 when he gets out - if he lives that long.

I can't be that kind, he would still live with hope that he might get out, he doesn't deserve to live with any hope, he deserves to know that he is going to die in prison, if I was his jailer he'd be lucky to get bread and water

For the sake of those 2 innocent children, I hope that they are not made to visit him, but I bet he will get a state funded lawyer to help get visitation, of course it will be supervised in the prison visiting room

I can't be that kind, he would still live with hope that he might get out, he doesn't deserve to live with any hope, he deserves to know that he is going to die in prison, if I was his jailer he'd be lucky to get bread and water

For the sake of those 2 innocent children, I hope that they are not made to visit him, but I bet he will get a state funded lawyer to help get visitation, of course it will be supervised in the prison visiting room

The children cannot be forced to visit him, can they? That would mean the parent/guardian would have to bring them to the prison. Can they be forced to do that? Does anybody know? What if they don't live near where the prison is? That doesn't seem right .....

On edit: A quick google says the free parent cannot be forced to bring a child under 18 to a prison. I hope this is right.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/137753-parental-rights-father-jail/

Uhhggg! I hadn't even considered that they might force the Littles to visit that ! Omg, I hope not. He tore their lives apart, they should not be forced to bring any comfort to his. He will just be using them as some sort of bargaining chip. He is merciless.

Just read on NW Indiana Times that the jury is working through dinner. Could this mean the jury feels they are close? I would think that if they were far apart, they would stop for the day and begin tomorrow. Could be wrong on that, but I think this means they are close. Fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arling