GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She also loved performing, and she was good at it. I know some people find Exotic dancing tawdry, but others dont.

She had already brought home the biggest "threat to her life" and married it.

No matter what she chose to do for a living, she would have been far safer working, than she was staying home.
Absolutely. It makes no difference whatsoever whether she was a dancer or a dental assistant. If she was looking for a job so she could leave her husband that is the point, not what she did when she got there.

I do hope they (re)use that phone recording of Melinda, saying that SL kept bugging her to get that policy too...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...er-trial-day-five-st-0224-20160223-story.html

"...a blanket wadded up on the couch with a remote on top of it..."

And this is where SL claims to have been sleeping and attacked by the intruder. But the blanket is just wadded up, still on the sofa, and the remote is on top of the blanket.

So did he just not fight back at all? Slide out from under the blanket, ever so gently, careful to not even knock the blanket or the remote off the sofa? Seriously??

I'm laughing.

....a large pot filled with water with a pair of white cotton gloves sitting inside...

SL told police they used the gloves to clean ashes out of their fireplace.

White gloves? For cleaning a fireplace? Ok. Maybe. But why soak them in a cooking pot? That to me seems odd.

I remember these being oven mitts.

Either way, my guess is he wore these gloves when he shot her.

And I LOVE how the officer tied himself up like SL was and stood right up, when SL sat in the room claiming he "couldn't get up."

FYI; I did this too. And I am not a fit young man who climbs poles for a living. I am an Iowa grandmother. However, I am fit for my age. I had no trouble tying my hands in front. Stepping through my hands and wiggling past my rear end, resulting with my hands tied behind my back. Then I sat down. It was a piece of cake to get back to my feet. Rather quickly.

....a large pot filled with water with a pair of white cotton gloves sitting inside...

SL told police they used the gloves to clean ashes out of their fireplace.

White gloves? For cleaning a fireplace? Ok. Maybe. But why soak them in a cooking pot? That to me seems odd.

I remember these being oven mitts.

Either way, my guess is he wore these gloves when he shot her.

And I LOVE how the officer tied himself up like SL was and stood right up, when SL sat in the room claiming he "couldn't get up."

FYI; I did this too. And I am not a fit young man who climbs poles for a living. I am an Iowa grandmother. However, I am fit for my age. I had no trouble tying my hands in front. Stepping through my hands and wiggling past my rear end, resulting with my hands tied behind my back. Then I sat down. It was a piece of cake to get back to my feet. Rather quickly.

I hope the police officer who did this re-enacts it for the jury. Better yet, I think you should videotape yourself doing this, email it to the prosecutor and tell them they can use this in court to show to the jury. You might also demonstrate that you could also easily turn a door knob while in this position or even reverse what you did, get your hands in front of you where you might be able to undo the zip tie. LOL!

Seriously, his stated "helplessness" is one of the things that bothers me the most about this case. This is an obvious alpha-type young man who climbs poles for a living. His story is about as foggy and mysterious as the stories told by Dr. Sam Sheppard and Dr. Jeffrey McDonald, who were also sleeping on a couch when their wives were murdered in the master bedrooms of their home. Their statements about engaging in a struggle with the intruder (s) also did not match the evidence at the scene.

Some believe Sheppard to have been innocent. I'm in the group who believes he did it. McDonald is still in prison.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...er-trial-day-five-st-0224-20160223-story.html

"...a blanket wadded up on the couch with a remote on top of it..."

And this is where SL claims to have been sleeping and attacked by the intruder. But the blanket is just wadded up, still on the sofa, and the remote is on top of the blanket.

So did he just not fight back at all? Slide out from under the blanket, ever so gently, careful to not even knock the blanket or the remote off the sofa? Seriously??

I'm laughing.

Agree. Add to that they had several dogs they usually had inside the home. The had either wood laminate or wood flooring in the living room. Anyone with dogs knows that no matter how meticulous you are in cleaning the floors, the second a dog or dogs walk on this kind of flooring, greasy dog footprints are left behind. If something as big as a limp body was dragged across the flooring, you would definitely be able to see it, with the naked eye.

Yup. And all of that stuff on the floor described in the testimony between the sofa and the daughter's bedroom would have been moved out of the way as SL's body was dragged across the floor too.

Plus, I can't imagine one not putting up a huge kicking and screaming struggle as someone comes up and grabs you from behind in your sleep. I am imagining coffee tables broken, furniture moved, things on near by tables spilled and broken. Especially since you're already jumpy from this "stalker" who is supposedly hanging around.

I can't imagine one would just slide easily off the sofa and go quietly, leaving my blankie wadded up with the remote. Lol

I hope the police officer who did this re-enacts it for the jury. Better yet, I think you should videotape yourself doing this, email it to the prosecutor and tell them they can use this in court to show to the jury. You might also demonstrate that you could also easily turn a door knob while in this position or even reverse what you did, get your hands in front of you where you might be able to undo the zip tie. LOL!

Seriously, his stated "helplessness" is one of the things that bothers me the most about this case. This is an obvious alpha-type young man who climbs poles for a living. His story is about as foggy and mysterious as the stories told by Dr. Sam Sheppard and Dr. Jeffrey McDonald, who were also sleeping on a couch when their wives were murdered in the master bedrooms of their home. Their statements about engaging in a struggle with the intruder (s) also did not match the evidence at the scene.

Some believe Sheppard to have been innocent. I'm in the group who believes he did it. McDonald is still in prison.

Lol!! Yes! It can be reversed. Although harder to reverse than the other way. The hardest part is wiggling your arms past the "behind". And I am quite sure my rear-end is wider than a 30-something young fit man's behind.

I can't get past how he claimed he couldn't stand up!! That was the EASIEST PART!!

Typical narcissist. He thinks everyone is stupid.

Yup. And all of that stuff on the floor described in the testimony between the sofa and the daughter's bedroom would have been moved out of the way as SL's body was dragged across the floor too.

Plus, I can't imagine one not putting up a huge kicking and screaming struggle as someone comes up and grabs you from behind in your sleep. I am imagining coffee tables broken, furniture moved, things on near by tables spilled and broken. Especially since you're already jumpy from this "stalker" who is supposedly hanging around.

I can't imagine one would just slide easily off the sofa and go quietly, leaving my blankie wadded up with the remote. Lol

LOL! It would have had to have been a very soft slide, kind of like a slow slither to the floor. It still doesn't explain why the stuff that was lying on the floor between the living room and baby's room wasn't disturbed.

Lol!!

I'd love to see that photo of the "white" gloves. I use paper towels to clean the glass doors on my fireplace. And when I am done, those towels are BLACK. And giving them a soak in a soup pot is never going to make them EVER appear as they were WHITE again. No bleach, oxyclean, nothing. They are black for good. That soot stains. If I don't wear those big huge rubber kitchen gloves, that crap gets into your skin and under your nails. It does NOT come out.

His story is one big sorry story if you ask me. I'm sure glad he kept talking though!

"Typical narcissist. He thinks everyone is stupid."

I agree, Arabian. And this faulty thinking often ends up biting them in the rear end as well.

The life insurance company claims personnel weren't stupid. They voided the contract, based on fraudulent statements in the application and then reported that he tried to make a claim to the Porter County Sheriff's office.

The detectives weren't stupid, either. Before they even knew about Melinda's life insurance policy, and the marital and financial problems, they knew SL's statements did not match the evidence at the scene.

Hopefully this jury will see the forest for the trees.

Hopefully this jury will see the forest for the trees.
It seemed so cut and dried to me the first time that I still have trouble believing anyone would doubt Lindsey's guilt. But they did. So while I have hope that this trial will go differently I can't help but fear that the creep will actually get away with murder. Look at OJ.

It seemed so cut and dried to me the first time that I still have trouble believing anyone would doubt Lindsey's guilt. But they did. So while I have hope that this trial will go differently I can't help but fear that the creep will actually get away with murder. Look at OJ.

Yeah....look at OJ...
He was found "not guilty" of Nichole & Ron's murders. But he was found responsible in a civil court. And his life was never the same. He has spent the rest of his life hiding and running from the Goldman's and their judgement against him. He lost all of his endorsements. He wasn't commentating any sports events any longer, or doing any Hertz ads. Of course there were still some hanger-on fans. There are always the most dim-witted who will never believe the truth.

But look where he is now. In prison. Maybe not for murders. But he's in prison. And he will probably die there. People see him for the **** he really is today. And that is probably the worst thing that could have ever happened to OJ Simpson.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/crime-...cle_037424c4-ae89-5e43-b7d0-35e7faed6b22.html

The report said the false positive result could be because Lindsey did not shoot the gun, but also could be the result of him washing his hands, wearing gloves or using a weapon or ammunition that would not lend itself to the targeted residue, Porter County Sheriff Lt. William Young told jurors Friday afternoon.

VERY interesting testimony on the reason for the false positive on the GSR.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/crime-...cle_037424c4-ae89-5e43-b7d0-35e7faed6b22.html

The report said the false positive result could be because Lindsey did not shoot the gun, but also could be the result of him washing his hands, wearing gloves or using a weapon or ammunition that would not lend itself to the targeted residue, Porter County Sheriff Lt. William Young told jurors Friday afternoon.

VERY interesting testimony on the reason for the false positive on the GSR.

Especially following the pictures and descriptions of the gloves sitting in a pan of water in the sink.

bbm
Maybe his hands were all tangled up in his pajama shirt... :D

How long did he have to make up that story? It makes him sound like a scared & helpless wimp, IMO. Did he just assume the LEO's would automatically buy it? Smart guy, huh? SMH. :notgood:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...rder-trial-friday-st-0227-20160226-story.html

Lt. William Young, of the Porter County Sheriff's Police, testified Friday that the angle and pattern of the spatters showed they couldn't have been from the shot that killed Melinda Kirby Lindsey, 23, on Jan. 16, 2015.

I don't get this. What is he saying here? There is blood spatter, but it's not from Melinda's gunshot?? Is he saying she was moved? Or this was somehow staged??

Young said that they waited unto 10:15 a.m. for a warrant, but Rogers questioned whether the scene was contaminated by a Chihuahua running around the master bedroom, EMT people removing Melinda Lindsey while she was still breathing and officers walking around without coverings on their shoes.

Ok....nice try, Rogers. But, um...how is a tiny little dog and people's feet on the floor going to disturb blood splatter on the wall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arling