GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...ey-trial-to-start-st-0212-20160211-story.html

WOW!!! The judge is allowing some information in that wasn't allowed in the first trial (or technically the second)

Alexa will also allow testimony that Steven Lindsey was controlling and lied to his wife about his previous wife and child being killed in a car crash.

I hadn't heard this tid-bit of information before. The jurors will love him even more when they hear that! NOT!

OMG. I am delighted this will be allowed into evidence. This piece of work needs to rot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really, really, really hope that prosecutor got the transcripts of SL's testimony during the last trial and went through it with a fine-toothed comb. I hope he/she checked/double checked and verified every single word he said. I hope they cross referenced dates, w2's, and anything else he locked himself into. And I hope they come back with documented FACTS that prove him to be the liar he really is.

I hope the jury pours over every detail, reads the prior testimony of SL with attention to discrepancies.

Justice for Melinda

Yep - this little tidbit about pot smoking is in the Chicago Tribune article. My guess is the prosecution has gone through all of his testimony from the second trial and they have verified every statement he made and any lies that may have been told will be pointed out to the jury.

Sounds to me like the defense attorney is freaking out. We shall see.

I personally feel the prosecution is quite serious about winning this case.

I personally feel the prosecution is quite serious about winning this case.

I think you're right about this. He KNOWS there is a problem (several problems)with SL's testimony from the prior trial. And he also knows the prosecution is just "chomping at the bit" to shine a big bright light on every one of those "problems".

I think you're right about this. He KNOWS there is a problem (several problems)with SL's testimony from the prior trial. And he also knows the prosecution is just "chomping at the bit" to shine a big bright light on every one of those "problems".

I agree!

Thank you for posting both links. It was interesting to read both articles about the 911 calls.

The 911 dispatcher testified SL moaned and screamed in his first call and didn't relay any information and he then disconnected the call. It appears he then called his brother and was on that call for 40 to 50 seconds. The 911 dispatcher tried calling him back and she tried to text him, too.

Very strange! It looks like his second call to 911 was six minutes after his first call. If he was on the phone with his brother for less than a minute, what was he doing for more than five minutes? I wonder if his brother called 911 immediately after getting off the phone with SL?

I found that strange too. Yes. What exactly was he doing for all that time?? Six minutes doesn't sound like that much time, but in a matter of life & death, it's HUGE!

And why hang up from 911 to call the brother? That has always bothered me. If his story is to be believed, he's just been attacked, tied up, and put in his daughter's bedroom. He's heard gunshots inside his house. He calls the police, but can only manage to moan and scream. Then hangs up, calls his brother, waits 6 minutes, then calls 911 back. From his own story, he hasn't even checked on his wife. So how does he know *IF* anyone was shot or WHO was shot. Why is he saying "they took my wife." And "they shot my wife."? Melinda slept with a gun by her bed. One could easily assume she could have been the one doing the shooting.

The other thing that's hinky is that according to the testimony of the police, SL could be heard screaming from the daughters room when they arrived on scene. Really? So according to SL, there is more than one person in the house who have just shot his wife. And he's in the baby's room screaming his head off. I'm trying to imagine being in his position. Tied up. Just coming to after being unconscience, hearing a gun shot. Strangers who are in my house who have beat me unconscience are likely harming my loved one. I've got my baby alone in a room with me and I'm unarmed. Am I going to start screaming my head off?? I don't think so. As a matter of fact, I think I would have even been whispering during the 911 call for fear these people may still be in the house. I wouldn't have been screaming and wailing so they could come shoot me and the baby too. NONE of this makes any sense.

Toss in the call to the brother, the 6 minute lapse and the 911 call back, there's problems from the get-go here.

The Chigaco Tribune article is really good. They had the original responding Detective on the stand today. It appears he went into much more detail than he did before. He talked about arriving on the scene and finding SL in the baby's room on his knees and how SL somehow "got his arms to the side to retrieve his cell phone from his pocket and dialed 911". He also brought up how it was odd how SL automatically assumed that Melinda was shot when he never checked on her himself. He also mentioned that although SL did inquire about Melinda, he asked many more times about his brother. He also talked about how SL was wailing and blubbering in the interrogation room, but never reached for a tissue and the Detective never saw any actual tears. They also showed the pictures that dispute SL's claim of being "choked out" and or "knocked unconscience" by showing photos of his head and neck which showed NO redness and no injuries. The detective also mentioned that the room did not look like there had just been a big struggle in there.

This is really good.

The defense is hammering on the "false positive" of gunshot residue. And this made them focus on SL.

I went back and looked at the articles from the last trial. Most of this information was introduced in the first trial. But it was later.

Getting this information out there for the jury in the BEGINNING of the trial is huge. That 5-6 minute lapse in time on the 911 calls. The screaming and yelling "someone is in my house", and the biggest one (in my opinion) SL telling 911 "they took my wife" and "they shot my wife" when he (by his own admission) didn't even bother to check on her.

Now the jury can SEE WHY they found SL to be suspicious right from the beginning. And the defense can hammer away on that "false positive gsr test" all day long. Who cares when you have all of THIS going on too??

Now they can continue with his other antics. Telling Melinda his former wife and son died in a car accident. Asking for a photo of the gunshot wound and claiming the attorney wanted it. The hurry up cremation "because the mortuary had no means to store a body" No obituary. No funeral. A $1.1M life insurance policy on a very young house-wife. SL claiming there were "no $ problems and he was not working by choice" when in reality they were months behind on rent and she was getting ready to leave.

I agree that the detective did a great job driving home the real reasons why SL ended up on the top of their suspect list. It will be interesting to see where things go from here. I believe the defense showed their hands when they stated that Melinda was involved in prior violent relationships, so they may continue to cast suspicion on one of her former boyfriends vs. an unknown stalker. They'll need to produce a new one, however, because one of the men has an airtight alibi and the other didn't have a motive. If they fail to do this, I really think the prosecution will have a slam-dunk win.

The only person who had a motive as well as access to Melinda that night was SL and his story didn't match up with the evidence, nor did his actions. The judge obviously thinks he did it and the authorities definitely do. I pray that this time the jurors will come to the same conclusion

I agree.

Something else in his statement I hadn't read before was he told investigators he thought the intruder(s) may have came in through the garage door. He said, "Although they (He & Melinda?) had unplugged the garage door opener, they (the intruder(s) could have lifted the door." (He claimed they unplugged the garage door opener because the opener had been stolen)

Why not just re-program the main box on the house so the remote won't work anymore? And go buy your wife (who you love so much) another remote? So she can get in and out of the house SAFELY with YOUR daughter??

And unless he had released the garage door from the opener, there is NO WAY IN HELL anyone was going to lift that door. They are LOCKED while that opener is attached.

Which brings up another problem. *IF* he just released the door from the opener so the door could be easily manually opened and closed, that to me is very telling. 1) He is very lazy. 2) He KNOWS there is NO or little danger of a stalker coming into the house. 3) He plain does not give a **** about his wife and daughter and their saftey.

Actions vs Words = Do Not Add Up = Epic FAIL

You can buy a new garage door remote for between $15.99-$32.00 brand new. Probably less on eBay. Wouldn't think that would be a problem for Mr. Big Money.

But then again, there was only $13.00 in the checking account. So hmmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arling