GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM
I think SL is the source of that. Back at the beginning someone/a friend mentioned that she was looking for a waitress job.

If SL was the source of the rumour that she was considering going back into dancing, and assuming he knew then that this was untrue, he and his lawyer conjured this up to make ML look bad to the jury. If in fact she was looking for work (because SL was not working) and if she took on a waitressing job, then that would make her look good and SL look bad. SL did not want to look bad, so it does seem to fit his personality that he would make up this lie to help sway the sentiment of the jury away from ML.

Of course it has ZERO to do with what happened in their home that night, ZERO, but the jury system is filled with people, some with strong opinions, and sadly innuendo can affect the outcome.

If SL was the source of the rumour that she was considering going back into dancing, and assuming he knew then that this was untrue, he and his lawyer conjured this up to make ML look bad to the jury. If in fact she was looking for work (because SL was not working) and if she took on a waitressing job, then that would make her look good and SL look bad. SL did not want to look bad, so it does seem to fit his personality that he would make up this lie to help sway the sentiment of the jury away from ML.

Of course it has ZERO to do with what happened in their home that night, ZERO, but the jury system is filled with people, some with strong opinions, and sadly innuendo can affect the outcome.

In one of the early newspaper articles the one where they talked to Melinda's dad, I believe her dad said that she was to start work, I'm not sure if it stated where she was to work

here is the part of the article where Mr. Kirby father of Melinda, from the February 13 2015 news article discusses employment

Melinda Lindsey was a stay-at-home mom, Kirby said, who a week or so before her death got a job as a waitress, though he wasn't sure where. She never said anything to her parents about whether her relationship with her husband was in trouble.

Just wondering, can a person's name be changed posthumously?

I feel sad that through eternity her name will be Lindsey, forever associating it with her "alleged" killer. Could it go back to her maiden name? That name is associated with love. The name Lindsey is associated with abuse and murder?

Not sure where the baby is living. If with SL's family, they'd not likely change the name (though the thought of the child living with relatives of SL feels uncomfortable to me). But, if the baby ends up somewhere else, I'm sure her surname of Lindsey is not known to her yet, she's so young. It'd be nice if it could go back to her mother's name.

Again, just wondering out loud!

Sad does not adequately describe the death of ML This young mother leaves behind a daughter who will forever deal with the loss of her mother.

Sad does not adequately describe the death of ML This young mother leaves behind a daughter who will forever deal with the loss of her mother.

Of course you are right, there is no word adequate enough. I'm hoping upon hope that SL doesn't get away with this at the retrial.

This goes way beyond a baby girl losing her mother. Because of the internet, that little girl will someday find out that her father was looking at adoption sites while he planned the murder of her mother. Those records will be there if she chooses to look.

Steven Lindsey is the scum of the earth and if he ever gets out of jail I hope somebody runs him down.

3 more weeks until the trial is scheduled to begin. I hope there are no further delays in the meantime.

Rest in Peace Beautiful Angel. ..like many others, I await the new trial and looking forward to the day SL gets what he rightly deserves. I worked with Melinda years ago and had the pleasure of having small talk with her. She was so kind and had a loving smile. She was genuinely sweet to me and even shared some of her future ambitions. I pray for this situation and her family often...it makes me sad that the future and justice for Melinda is balanced on morons of our local area. 219 jurors? Not exactly what I'd want my loved ones justice based on. Time will tell.

The trial starts in one week from today. It is my opinion the hung jury from the last trial was the result of doubt created in the minds of several jurors when the defense called out three men as potential suspects. I also believe the trial was too short and too rushed and that this played to the advantage of the defense.

I hope the additional week that is allowed for the new trial allows the prosecution to get into more detail and that they are able to fully explain to the jurors why none of the three "suspects" named by the defense are responsible for Melinda's murder.

Prayers for strength to Melinda's family and loved ones as they face this next challenge in their fight to seek justice for Melinda.

Looking forward to justice being served.

I wonder what the defence might try this time, I wonder if it will be SL's arch enemy has set him up and planted the evidence

Wasn't there a facebook group #JusticeForMelinda or something similar? I can't find it.

EDIT - oh, I see that it was taken down till after trial. When I read that before, I thought it was about Melinda's personal facebook page.

I hope someone is able to update us on what happened at trial today.

I am almost positive the SL has to use the same defense they used in the last trial. The prosecution should have an advantage this time around as they have been able to research their "defense" more thoroughly.

Should be very interesting for sure.

Wasn't there a facebook group #JusticeForMelinda or something similar? I can't find it.

EDIT - oh, I see that it was taken down till after trial. When I read that before, I thought it was about Melinda's personal facebook page.

I hope someone is able to update us on what happened at trial today.
Last time there were daily updates in the Chicago Tribune. This article from yesterday states that the trial is scheduled to last for three weeks rather than the two originally planned.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...b-lindsey-preview-st-1103-20151102-story.html

I am almost positive the SL has to use the same defense they used in the last trial. The prosecution should have an advantage this time around as they have been able to research their "defense" more thoroughly.

Should be very interesting for sure.

I agree. If his defense uses a different story this time around, it will not bode well for their credibility. I think the only thing the defense "might" have to work with is to try to prove one of the three suspects they named in the last trial killed Melinda. And good luck with that as the only man who "might" have had a minor motive had an air-tight alibi. I think the extra time allowed for the trial, coupled with the prosecution having more time to prove their case will be to the prosecution's advantage. The prosecution will have more time to explain the financial problems in detail, verify his annual earnings, which I do NOT think were what SL said they were by any stretch of the imagination, at least not recently, and also explain the life insurance in more detail and that SL really thought he was going to collect.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/crime-...cle_a0bec80d-6dce-5587-8926-24d1c99d894d.html

This article goes into some detail about how the defense is trying to protect Lindsey's original testimony. But as I suspected, the law allows the testimony from the first trial to be introduced in the second trial. This is where I believe it's going to get very interesting. SL will almost HAVE to take the stand again to "defend" his original testimony.

Plus, now the "cat is out of the bag" so to say. And the prosecution KNOWS what the defense is in this case. NOW they have had all this extra time to debunk the theories. And according to this article the prosecution has "new evidence" to introduce.

This is going to get very interesting.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...ey-trial-to-start-st-0212-20160211-story.html

WOW!!! The judge is allowing some information in that wasn't allowed in the first trial (or technically the second)

Alexa will also allow testimony that Steven Lindsey was controlling and lied to his wife about his previous wife and child being killed in a car crash.

I hadn't heard this tid-bit of information before. The jurors will love him even more when they hear that! NOT!

I don't think anyone really cares if they smoked pot, but wasn't it part of SL's testimony that he wasn't working so he could help his wife through a prescription drug addiction? Apparently testimony will be allowed about pot smoking and the lighters that were found throughout the house. Could be interesting.

I'd forgotten about that rubbish he told about "helping her through her addiction". So he was smoking pot too? While he's working on high voltage power lines? At his high paying job? As a supervisor? Lol. I so hope all of this comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arling