GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you have to be careful about what you post, but it appears there is a "she" on his cell phone plan, and this one apparently wasn't grandma.

Sounds like they subpoenaed cell phone records and triangulated calls.

JMO

Wouldn't your imaginary girlfriend realize that the imaginary million dollars wouldn't go to Steve ? I'm sure any money if anyone gets anything would go to the child in a trust...or am I imagining that?
If the imaginary girlfriend was convinced that steve was going to get the payoff it isn't really her imagination now, is it? People are easily manipulated into believing anything a Narcissist tells them. It what allows Narcissist to get away with their behavior. Apparently some Narcissists are so adept they can influence total strangers from a distance.

I would think it has to do with it not having been released by either the police or the prosecution,

Can't the defense release whatever it wants whenever it wants? It certainly squashed the speculation that Steve waited hours before dialing 911.

JMO

Can't the defense release whatever it wants whenever it wants? It certainly squashed the speculation that Steve waited hours before dialing 911.

JMO

That's a really good question, I don't know what the defense can and can not release, maybe they have to wait until it's brought into evidence.

That's a really good question, I don't know what the defense can and can not release, maybe they have to wait until it's brought into evidence.

The defense can pretty much do or say whatever it wants. I remember when Mark Geragos proclaimed he could prove Scott Peterson was "stone cold innocent." Still waiting for that one...

JMO

I also have to wonder, how can they tell, where the "sound" that was recorded came from, if it was only audio?

I'm thinking the same. Sure Melinda might have slept in a little that morning, but NO breakfast for baby girl? Or she fed baby, cleaned up every trace of having fed her. and then went back to bed?
I guess it might have happened. I can't picture it though.

I have no doubt--based on the police report about EL found quietly in her crib--that she had been fed & her diaper changed.

I also have to wonder, how can they tell, where the "sound" that was recorded came from, if it was only audio?

I have to believe there would have been only one gun discharging in that neighborhood that morning.

No clue but my thoughts are if it was loud enough to have been captured on a nearby neighbor's audio security system around or after 6 a.m., someone close by would have heard it as well. If they were awake. It was a Friday morning - a work day for many. Just my opinion, of course.

I have to believe there would have been only one gun discharging in that neighborhood that morning.
If an audio of the gunshot exists, can LE discern the difference between that sound and a car backfiring? I still feel that if the sound was loud enough to be recognized as a gun firing, people would have heard it.

No clue but my thoughts are if it was loud enough to have been captured on a nearby neighbor's audio security system around or after 6 a.m., someone close by would have heard it as well. If they were awake. It was a Friday morning - a work day for many. Just my opinion, of course.

iirc, there was snow on the ground and it was cold so someone outside may have been in a car with the heat blasting. I applaud the investigators for checking for audio security. I thought security systems were video only. My son just informed me the new system he's installing has both audio as well as low-light video.

JMO

I have no doubt--based on the police report about EL found quietly in her crib--that she had been fed & her diaper changed.

Ok. And then she put the child back in her crib, and went to bed?

If an audio of the gunshot exists, can LE discern the difference between that sound and a car backfiring? I still feel that if the sound was loud enough to be recognized as a gun firing, people would have heard it.

I know nuthin about how loud a gunshot would be. I'll leave that one to the detectives.

I think it possible it was a simultaneous occurrence and two people were involved.
Don't forget about the dogs tho. I can't believe some tart would be known to them. Only one was in the garage according to SHSF, but then again, that may be why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrina