GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to remain in a "wait & see" mode with this. This last minute "witness" and story about the ex-boyfriend is just too hinky for me to believe there is anything to it. If there was any question about him being involved in this, I am sure he was questioned in the beginning and cleared.

Nobody knows what this witness has to say. Maybe she has information that shows SL trying to frame the ex-boyfriend.

As with many cases, there is going to be lots of evidence that none of us know about. All of the facts are never disclosed in cases like this. In any event, the evidence against Mr. Lindsay must be very compelling

I'm going to remain in a "wait & see" mode with this. This last minute "witness" and story about the ex-boyfriend is just too hinky for me to believe there is anything to it. If there was any question about him being involved in this, I am sure he was questioned in the beginning and cleared.

Nobody knows what this witness has to say. Maybe she has information that shows SL trying to frame the ex-boyfriend.

As with many cases, there is going to be lots of evidence that none of us know about. All of the facts are never disclosed in cases like this. In any event, the evidence against Mr. Lindsay must be very compelling

"Nobody knows what this witness has to say. Maybe she has information that shows SL trying to frame the ex-boyfriend." That is an interesting statement. The first part about nobody knows what she has to say isn't true. She's given a statement and an interview. She stands by her allegation that the ex "confessed" to her. I find the second part of your statement interesting........how do you suppose SL is trying to frame someone from jail? Every phone call he makes, every letter he writes, every visit he gets is monitored.

"Nobody knows what this witness has to say. Maybe she has information that shows SL trying to frame the ex-boyfriend." That is an interesting statement. The first part about nobody knows what she has to say isn't true. She's given a statement and an interview. She stands by her allegation that the ex "confessed" to her. I find the second part of your statement interesting........how do you suppose SL is trying to frame someone from jail? Every phone call he makes, every letter he writes, every visit he gets is monitored.

Geesh! Get a hold of yourself. I never said he did it from jail.

And sorry, I didn't know you sat in on the interview and know exactly what she said.

WhatEVER she said, doesn't make it TRUE. Since this is her boyfriend or now ex-boyfriend...it does muddy things a bit.

If SL murdered Melinda (and I firmly believe he did) he was trying very hard to make it look like someone else did it. Creating a stalking scenario. Tossing lingerie into the house via the sliding glass door and the other things that happened. I believe SL was behind every single one of those incidents.

Geesh! Get a hold of yourself. I never said he did it from jail.

And sorry, I didn't know you sat in on the interview and know exactly what she said.

WhatEVER she said, doesn't make it TRUE. Since this is her boyfriend or now ex-boyfriend...it does muddy things a bit.

To be honest, I didn't think you meant from jail, was just hoping you would clarify what you meant and you did. Just something I was interested in knowing.
I didn't sit in on the interview, but we do have copies of it on cd. The entire event muddy's the waters.

This person from Melindas past has an alibi that passed muster initially. If he has witnesses placing him where he says he was chances are nothing will come of this accusation.

I'd like to know how soon after the police arrived were the samples taken for gun shot residue from SL's hands and clothing?

I think that with the forensic evidence that they will be able to determine approximately when Melinda was shot, I'm pretty sure that as blood dries it changes.

One thing that has always made me wonder is baby girl being content, it just doesn't make sense with such a horrific event going on.

The 3 dogs not making a sound to alert their owners that someone is breaking in, hmm

I pray for justice for Melinda and her loved ones,

Was the copy of the gunshot residue analysis you posted the actual FBI report?

Trial now expected to be held in November. Request for bond for Steven Lindsey denied.

Ok and before anyone jumps the gun. A mistrial in this instance is usually because the trial date has been pushed back AFTER a jury has been seated. (From what I remember from my paralegal studies)

Wow. This must be absolute torture for Melinda's family and loved ones.

I cannot imagine what Melinda's family and friends must be going through.

Agonizing for Steve's family as well...Just imagine someone has come forward and decided to tell the truth before the trial begins...whatever her reason's...maybe to clear her conscience because she knows who really did murder Melinda....I have always thought two people were involved and to find out she said this new person of interest had an accomplice is even more compelling to me because I have always thought that...of course this is me speculating....I will go further and say I think the accomplice was a woman...

Snowhite
Yes, I'm sure it is agonizing for the Lindsey family as well. Most importantly, justice for Melinda is important the correct person is charged, prosecuted and convicted.
If SL is found guilty, both his children will suffer the consequences of his deed.
Two innocent children. One will loose both mother and father and second just father. Heartbreaking

The GSR analysis that was posted here last night appears to have been done by a company named McCrone and Associates. It is in very small print on the bottom of the report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bman1986