GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears McCrone does have some government contracts, but the FBI is not listed as one of their contracts.

The question is was the report posted last night done on behalf of the FBI, using McCrone as a vendor, or was it done at the request of someone other than law enforcement? McCrone will also allow individuals to contract with them for scientific analysis.

The GSR analysis that was posted here last night appears to have been done by a company named McCrone and Associates. It is in very small print on the bottom of the report.

Thank you for pointing that out. I'll assume that the defense had their own analysis done by McCrone. If there are results from the FBI lab, I'd like to see those.

From what I've read, the FBI no longer processes gun shot residue cases.

Again......the preliminary tests were a false positive. The lab results from the f.b.i. which the papers do not have access to yet, showed NO gunshot residue on Steve ANYWHERE.

Starshine4U, you stated that the lab results were from the FBI, but they weren't. The tests were actually done by an independent contractor. That's quite a big difference so why did you make that claim?

I googled FBI and McCrone...I saw on the FBI website they have McCrone listed in the links so I assumed they do work for the FBI...What does it matter if you don't mind me asking...I'm sure everything has been done on the up and up since its a murder trial and so much is at stake.

I googled FBI and McCrone...I saw on the FBI website they have McCrone listed in the links so I assumed they do work for the FBI...What does it matter if you don't mind me asking...I'm sure everything has been done on the up and up since its a murder trial and so much is at stake.

The issue being discussed was whether or not McCrone did work for or was contracted to do work for the FBI, so your post saying "yes it does" with a link to the FBI searches, I thought you were linking to something showing they did. All I could find were things like conferences were held at the McCrone facility, McCrone does training at their facility, etc. As I said, I thought maybe I had missed something.

Well, I have been searching and can't find the answer you're looking for...hopefully someone else can.

Wow, does it really matter what lab did the test? These are the results the prosecutor gave the defense, the defense has not had their own tests done. I was told it was an fbi lab, but for the life of me can't figure out what difference it makes, the results you see are the results that will be used in court by BOTH sides. If you notice, in both papers today the gunshot residue is no longer mentioned because they now have the results also. In the end, thats all that matters, the results, not what lab did them.

It matters because the results were PRESENTED to us as an FBI REPORT and it clearly is not. I read FBI website and they do not get involved in murder cases unless it's a contract killing, and that theory has never been presented before.

It matters because the results were PRESENTED to us as an FBI REPORT and it clearly is not. I read FBI website and they do not get involved in murder cases unless it's a contract killing, and that theory has never been presented before.

So the results don't matter? Remind me not to give this board anymore evidence that will be used in trial, I see how well it's appreciated.

snowhite
yes, i'm sure it is agonizing for the lindsey family as well. most importantly, justice for melinda is important the correct person is charged, prosecuted and convicted.
If sl is found guilty, both his children will suffer the consequences of his deed.
Two innocent children. One will loose both mother and father and second just father. Heartbreaking

bingo

I found it interesting that the FBI no longer does gsr testing so I did some reading. GSR test can give a false positive. If it is a negative result does not mean the person did not shoot a gun. they could of worn gloves, washed their hands, weather, masking from biological material, firearm or ammunition were not good depositors, tome elapse, or no fire.
IMO, there is not an expert in the world that will swear under oath that because the results came back negative the defense did not fire the gun.
I would like to know what time the gsr test was done. Seems like anything out of the four to six hour range many experts tend to believe will give unreliable results.

Facts matter. The source of those facts matter. If I ever have a loved one on trial for such a serious offense, I hope the jury that is responsible for sorting the facts will pay such close attention to detail.

The source of the facts are the prosecutors!!!!!

I agree. Also, mainstream news reports did state the initial test came back presumptive positive. The reporters cited the probable cause affidavit as the source of that information, so it is highly unlikely they would have made this up. IMO.

It DOES make a difference WHO did the tests. The FBI would have a much higher standard than some lab who can be hired by anyone off the street.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bman1986