GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As with every case, the prosecution will present their side and the defense will present theirs, in contradiction to the state. The jury decides what to believe. I do not believe anyone is trying to tear apart anyone else.

Most states have what is called a "slayer rule" or statute. From what I've been able to find, it appears that in Indiana, a beneficiary who is convicted of the slaying cannot collect life insurance proceeds, whether sane or insane. There might be new case law or amendments that I didn't find with an online search, but the key word appears to be "convicted".

I can only speak for myself, but my intention has never been to tear someone apart. I just like to have the facts in order to form my opinion. If I see a discrepancy, I tend to question it.

I see we have two verified insiders. Hugs to BOTH of them as I can only imagine what their families are going through.

I'm sure further delays ARE inevitable - but I'm not sure they are a reason to gloat. Lindsey will sit in the county jail until he is found guilty and transferred to state prison in any case. And I do believe he WILL be found guilty, regardless of these last-minute machinations. The evidence hasn't changed, just one person's story.

Agree!

Once again, NO BOND. That's all anyone needs to keep in mind. They have the right person, all this other hocus pocus is distraction.

I have to agree with others that it was very misleading to say that it was an FBI report when it clearly was not. I'm not questioning the verified insider's integrity at all, as I'm certain she was only passing it along as it had been presented to her.

So, now that it is November, does anybody know what date the trial will start?

I hope that we can now get onto a swift trial, with justice prevailing for Melinda and all her loved ones.

Hoping for the victim' family and friends there will be no more delays. I'm sure this is emotional agony.

I would like to attend. Where is the trial being held?

bwt42

its being held at the porter county courthouse, (modsnip)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arling