GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So ridiculous that the defense attorney keeps trying to blame random guys from her "past" as an exotic dancer. Seems like he just loves to bring that little fact up.

ML was young, and her choice of prior employment may not be the choice she would now make as a mother. Unfortunately she will never have that chance. Her choices were forever removed when she was murdered.
ML is the victim, and deserves justice. Her past meant nothing when she was innocently sleeping in bed.

This defense attorney stands to walk away with a cut of a million dollar life insurance policy if he gets Lindsey off. I think we can expect him to use every trick in the book to try to create reasonable doubt, including blaming the victim.

omg did the defense attorney had the B.a.lllllllls to even mention victims of DV on his statement???? You have to be kidding me. How tactless. DV is what killed Melinda!

Perhaps it was a Freudian slip?

God I LOVE detective Manteuffel!
He saw right through SL immediately.
He stated SL became "person of interest" when he chose NOT to be at the hospital with his wife.

Also notice, when SL was told that Melinda might be conscious, were his first thoughts/words, "oh my god! I need to go see her, she must be so...scared/in pain/alone/ I need to be with her, it could be my last chance to comfort/ say I love you/speak with her" ??

(If it were my loved one I would be absolutely desperate to be with them!)

NO. He thought ONLY of himself. "Let's go ask her what happened". He KNEW she was incapable of talking, he made sure of it. So it would only benefit him. IMO his defense attorney was a fool to even mention that.

Makes SL look like the cold hearted snake that he is.

God I LOVE detective Manteuffel!
He saw right through SL immediately.
He stated SL became "person of interest" when he chose NOT to be at the hospital with his wife.
Also notice, when SL was told that Melinda might be conscious, were his first thoughts/words, "oh my god! I need to go see her, she must be so...scared/in pain/alone/ I need to be with her, it could be my last chance to comfort/ say I love you/speak with her" ??

(If it were my loved one I would be absolutely desperate to be with them!)

NO. He thought ONLY of himself. "Let's go ask her what happened". He KNEW she was incapable of talking, he made sure of it. So it would only benefit him. IMO his defense attorney was a fool to even mention that.

Makes SL look like the cold hearted snake that he is.

Bingo

He made himself look guilty. I certainly do not know SL in real life, but his actions or lack of speak volumes.

Defense attorney Larry Rogers played down the lack of marks on Steven Lindsey's neck by claiming that 44 percent of all victims of domestic violence, who are strangled, have no marks on their neck.

Yup. He did seem to refer to SL as a "victim" of domestic violence. That is interesting. I can't wait to see where this goes. And I also can't wait to watch it blow up in their faces.

I know it is upsetting to some of you that the defense keeps bringing up Melinda's past job. But I hope they keep doing it. The more they do it, the more it looks like they are trying to blame the victim. And the prosecutor will remind the jurors that this job was OVER years ago. And she has since been a wife and mother. This will also backfire in their face.

Porter County police Detective Tim Manteuffel told jurors earlier Thursday that he believes Steven Lindsey faked reports of stalking and theft in the days leading up to his wife's murder in order to make it appear someone other than himself was responsible.

I LOVE THIS!!!! This is what I have believed since the beginning too. I mean, come on! What kind of stalker tosses a bag of lingerie into your house? Especially if this stalker is out to kill. How does this lingerie fit into the scenario? This is such an obvious "plant" by SL. He's trying to make law enforcement believe this has something to do with her previous job.

Manteuffel also testified that Steven Lindsey became a "person of interest" a little more than an hour into the police interview, in part, because of his decision to be there rather than at the hospital with his wife.

Unbelievable! "Nah...I'd rather hang out here at the PD with you guys rather than go check on my wife who's just been shot in the head."
What an *******!!

They are chip, chip, chipping away at everything. This is GREAT!

ArabianLover,
Thanks, I am on my cell and couldn't grab the quotes from that article.

It's all so surreal Like poorly written movie.

Lets say, (hypothetically speaking), some intruder HAD killed her? What kind of husband would refuse EVERY opportunity to see his wife who had been terribly assaulted, shot in the head, until HE is being accused of the crime and THEN he wants to see her so she can CLEAR HIM?

Just uhhgggg!

ArabianLover,
Thanks, I am on my cell and couldn't grab the quotes from that article.

It's all so surreal Like poorly written movie.

Lets say, (hypothetically speaking), some intruder HAD killed her? What kind of husband would refuse EVERY opportunity to see his wife who had been terribly assaulted, shot in the head, until HE is being accused of the crime and THEN he wants to see her so she can CLEAR HIM?

Just uhhgggg!

His behavior and his reactions to everything is just so wrong!! You're right. *IF* this crime was committed by a stranger and he is innocent and loves his wife as he claims, his behavior and reactions would be completely different.

He wouldn't have been screaming into the phone when he called 911. Knowing as he told the 911 operator that someone was/is had just shot his wife. Then he doesn't ask about his wife. THEN he goes to the PD rather than go to the hospital! A loving husband would say, "I am more than willing to be cooperative, but my wife may be dying and she needs me right now so I'm going to the hospital." He didn't do that. The only time he wanted to go to the hospital was when the investigators told him (lies to him) that Melinda was awake & talking. At that point I'm sure SL wanted to get right to the hospital to shut her up.

His behavior and his reactions to everything is just so wrong!! You're right. *IF* this crime was committed by a stranger and he is innocent and loves his wife as he claims, his behavior and reactions would be completely different.

He wouldn't have been screaming into the phone when he called 911. Knowing as he told the 911 operator that someone was/is had just shot his wife. Then he doesn't ask about his wife. THEN he goes to the PD rather than go to the hospital! A loving husband would say, "I am more than willing to be cooperative, but my wife may be dying and she needs me right now so I'm going to the hospital." He didn't do that. The only time he wanted to go to the hospital was when the investigators told him (lies to him) that Melinda was awake & talking. At that point I'm sure SL wanted to get right to the hospital to shut her up.

I think SL knew they were lying to gauge his reaction. He knew full well, she was beyond help before he called 911 IMO.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he had a little smirk on his face, when he said, "let's go ask her" . Probably even he wouldn't go that far but I bet he absolutely knew what they were up to.

Out of all of the evidence that has been presented thus far that has been published in the mainstream media, I think perhaps the purported "choking" story told by SL might just be the most difficult for the defense to overcome.

In trial the other day, it was reported that an expert disputed SL's choking story. I did some further reading on choking after reading the article and it does appear the kind of choke SL described is what is known as a blood choke in that it disrupts blood flow to the brain. This kind of choke is done from the rear and it doesn't leave bruises on the neck, so this matches what SL stated, but the problem is that this kind of choke results in a FEW SECONDS of unconsciousness.

Numerous activities took place after SL's purported lapse into unconsciousness. I am pretty sure the investigators have a very good idea of exactly how long these activities would have taken to accomplish and that the time length exceeds the few seconds of unconsciousness that SL would have experienced.

According to him he was choked unconscious on the couch and came to in the baby's room when he heard the gunshot, isn't that right? So he was unconscious the whole time he was being dragged from room to room.

SL is a slender and very fit young man. Imagine if you are asleep on your sofa in your own home. And someone comes up and begins to "choke you out". Are you going to lay there and just let it happen? I don't think so! The strongest instinct within each of us is to SURVIVE! He would have fought whoever was chocking him. There would have been overturned furniture. Knocked over and broken lamps, etc. You wouldn't just LAY THERE and allow someone to choke you into inconscieness. NO WAY. There would have been signs of a struggle. Think about it.

In case anyone hasn't seen the most recent article, here's the link...http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/...cle_ca3c5469-58fd-5973-8914-92b2e087f63e.html

The one thing I didn't know was that Melinda asked the police a day before her murder about getting a concealed gun permit. I almost cried when I read that the policewoman said she was visibly shaken. She obviously knew someone was out to get her, and I wonder if deep down inside, she knew it was her husband. It is beyond heartbreaking that she lived her last few days on this earth in complete terror.

Reading from another website, our ability to accurately "read" remorse is awful (we get suckered in), so defendants who look really, really sorry get off lighter. I'm glad to see SL is able to just look at the horrible pictures and listen to the gruesome testimony and look like he doesn't care!

I believe he's guilty and I hope he's convicted and locked away for the longest amount of time the law allows. He behaves like a sociopath to me - making her life hell hell, accelerating the "shaggy-haired stranger" lurking around the house stories, scaring that poor girl half to death before shooting her really to death, all on THE day before the million dollar insurance expires. He's a monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arling