GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading from another website, our ability to accurately "read" remorse is awful (we get suckered in), so defendants who look really, really sorry get off lighter. I'm glad to see SL is able to just look at the horrible pictures and listen to the gruesome testimony and look like he doesn't care!

I believe he's guilty and I hope he's convicted and locked away for the longest amount of time the law allows. He behaves like a sociopath to me - making her life hell hell, accelerating the "shaggy-haired stranger" lurking around the house stories, scaring that poor girl half to death before shooting her really to death, all on THE day before the million dollar insurance expires. He's a monster.

Well said. You hit the nail on the head.

It's nice to see that the police were onto SL from the start.

So I assume he had on cotton gloves, that answers the gunshot residue questions.

Melinda didn't deserve to live in fear, that creep SL played a horrible mind game with her, made her fear for her life.

I wonder what is up with the scissors,

I wonder if he took the shot before or after he murdered Melinda

Well said. You hit the nail on the head.

I second that emotion.
The visualization of M L shaking in fear is profound. So sad to imagine the stark terror she experienced before her death.
Such a short time on earth to be with her daughter. Sad.

I wonder if he took the shot before or after he murdered Melinda

Before, no doubt.
(JMO)

He is without a doubt one of the most despicable maggots who ever walked the earth.

Hi, also new to this thread. Just finished reading through the thread. I take it that no one is tweeting from the court room? My guess is that it is not allowed for some reason?
My hope is for justice for Melinda and her loved ones.
*I do not believe one word the husband says..Jmoo

What confused me is the first bunch of articles say there was no foot prints but now they are saying there was from the day before. Couldn't someone just retrace their footsteps so no new ones were made? I am not choosing sides.. But there seems to be just as many holes in the police stories as SL. In actuality both sides of the coin make no sense. The media stories kind of make the cops look like morons.. Not following simple proceedures and inconsistent details. What I have noticed is SL story doesn't seem to have changed at all, which is unusual for someone who is lying. IMO there is poor police work here and even if SL is guilty he may actually go free unless the PD can get their story straight.

What confused me is the first bunch of articles say there was no foot prints but now they are saying there was from the day before. Couldn't someone just retrace their footsteps so no new ones were made? I am not choosing sides.. But there seems to be just as many holes in the police stories as SL. In actuality both sides of the coin make no sense. The media stories kind of make the cops look like morons.. Not following simple proceedures and inconsistent details. What I have noticed is SL story doesn't seem to have changed at all, which is unusual for someone who is lying. IMO there is poor police work here and even if SL is guilty he may actually go free unless the PD can get their story straight.
It was SL who "saw" the foot prints in the snow. IMO also he made them, used them to gaslight Melinda, then took her to the PD to report them. There was NO footprints visible when the first responders, PD got to the scene the morning of the crime. No one saw any evidence of the purported stalking, prior to the murder, except SL. Melinda said to her friend how she "never sees anything", just what SL shows her happened after the fact, IE: torn window screen, bag of Lingerie.

What are the "inconsistencies" in what is being presented by the detectives that you see? (I am not seeing that). You say there "seem to be just as many holes in the police stories", please give some examples?
Imo SL's attorney is the only "MORON" I am picking up on in this trial.

I admit, I do wonder why they did no testing on the items in the sink. As far as SL not changing his story, well really what could he have changed? He was chloroformed instead of choked? There really wasn't too much play he had, considering the circumstances.

We don't really know that the details of his story never changed when he talked to the cops. The framework, that he was choked out on the couch and woke up the baby's room when he heard the shot, hasn't changed as far as we know. But he was interviewed for nine hours. We have no way of knowing what he may have said to give himself away - unless it comes out in court.

It has been reported that there were no signs of forced entry to the Lindsey's house that morning. So - we're supposed to believe that these reported stalking incidents took place the day before the murder, and yet Melinda left her door unlocked?

I agree with Tina. We don't know that he never changed his story. As for now, his attorney is speaking for him in court, and he has a transcript of the police interview and may even have a video of the interview. IMO, he will follow what SL told the police as it would be too risky to change his story now. The best his attorney can do is try to cast a reasonable doubt by introducing people from Melinda's past as possible suspects and to try to cast doubt on the thoroughness of the police investigation.

Not sure why the police didn't test the items in the sink and perhaps this will be discussed further in court, but I'm not seeing a Keystone Cops scenario here. The police were called to the scene and very shortly after that, SL had the opportunity to tell his story. They didn't believe him because his story didn't add up and his behavior was off. I am pretty sure this was before they even knew about the $1,100,000 life insurance policy on Melinda's life that was about to cancel for non-payment, and that SL was the beneficiary. They would not have yet known about all of the numerous problems, including financial, that SL was facing and that Melinda's death and the life insurance payout would have solved all of those problems.

It has been reported that there were no signs of forced entry to the Lindsey's house that morning. So - we're supposed to believe that these reported stalking incidents took place the day before the murder, and yet Melinda left her door unlocked?

Agree. I believe that about as much as I believe that a 70 year-old man who was smitten with Melinda and who built a shrine to her in his office would physically take on 35 year-old physically fit SL and choke him out!

On Thursday, Detective Lt. Tim Manteuffel of the Porter County Sheriff's Police said his department believed that Steven Lindsey staged the stalking incidents.

I have said this all along. And I am so happy to hear the police were on top of it from the beginning. Again, SL's behavior gave him away. His "indifference" to a stalker threatening his wife had to raise the hair on the back of any cop. Poor Melinda is standing there visibly shaking. And SL is standing there acting like he doesn't give a ****. Big red flag.
That bag of lingerie has always bothered me. SL threw that in the house to make people THINK this was a stalker from her past life. But it makes NO SENSE. First of all, stalkers don't normally have a 4-5 year down time before they act. And second; if this "stalker's" intent was to kill, why the lingerie? The lingerie (in my opinion) would imply a sexual motivation. But this obviously was not a sexual crime. So we're back so someone trying to make everyone believe the scene is something that it's not. I really, really hope the investigators tracked down where this lingerie came from. Wouldn't it be great if they had SL making the purchase on video at Walmart?

Hmm...in the articles published, they were talking about footprints on the day of the murder. And in the testimony they are speaking about the day before the murder. I don't know about retracing back in the original foot tracks. But I would think that could be detected by an expert. Also remember; this was during the winter. Had it recently snowed? I don't know.

The media stories kind of make the cops look like morons.. Not following simple proceedures and inconsistent details

Really?? How so? I don't see this at all. What procedure have they failed to follow? Please enlighten us. Inconsistent detail? On what?

What I have noticed is SL story doesn't seem to have changed at all, which is unusual for someone who is lying

Seriously? You don't see any problems with SL's story? Ok. 😳

I am interested in the soapy water in the sink. We're there actual soap suds? If I leave soapy water in the sink, the suds dissipate after not too long. Has anyone seen the photos? We're there actual suds?

I am interested in the soapy water in the sink. We're there actual soap suds? If I leave soapy water in the sink, the suds dissipate after not too long. Has anyone seen the photos? We're there actual suds?

Good point. If I am soaking something in the sink I often come back to no suds rather quickly. I am not using cheap detergent, high quality Dawn degreaser. So that is prettying good pick up on the suds question. I wonder as well?

Is anyone from the group able to make it to court? Set Her Soul Free? I don't live nearby or I'd try to be there, but it would be nice to be able to ask questions of someone in attendance.

Wishing the family and friends who have to live through this trial strength for their journey.

I believe set-her-soul-free is a witness and cannot be in attendance during the trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arling