GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It will very interesting to see what the defense will now present. His attorney can no longer claim that one of the other men killed Melinda. The logistics and the lack of evidence make that impossible. I also wonder how he will explain why SL wouldn't allow the police to swab his face. An innocent person would cooperate in order to be eliminated as a suspect so the police could focus on catching the "real" killer of their loved one. SL did not do that.

It will very interesting to see what the defense will now present. His attorney can no longer claim that one of the other men killed Melinda. The logistics and the lack of evidence make that impossible. I also wonder how he will explain why SL wouldn't allow the police to swab his face. An innocent person would cooperate in order to be eliminated as a suspect so the police could focus on catching the "real" killer of their loved one. SL did not do that.

Most importantly, will SL take the stand in his own defense? Hmmmm,

My guess will be...NO! Although I would love to see his attorney make that mistake.

His attorney may advise him not to do it, but I can see SL insisting he wants to do it anyway. That would be great if he did!

I wonder how he'll explain Melinda's voice on the tape telling the insurance salesman that Steven badgered her into getting the policy.

And his voice telling her to list him as beneficiary.

That for me is some of the most damning evidence of all.

It doesn't seem like very many of the 100+ potential witnesses are being utilized.

So what would he have been looking at web-sites about "adoption" for? OMG...

The jurors have to just hate him by now.

"What's important was that he was in a steady decline, and he wasn't working," Boone said.

Since I don't see anything in the paper from the defense side that disputes this accusation, I think we can safely conclude that what SL's aunt wrote about his employment status was incorrect. And whatever he was doing (or not doing) didn't cover the bills - even with an infusion from the retirement account. He needed money.

And adoption site inquiries??

On the adoption site inquires - what does that mean? I'm afraid to even say what I think that means.

On the adoption site inquires - what does that mean? I'm afraid to even say what I think that means.

Of course it means what we think it means. Unless he takes the stand and gets up there and says otherwise, it's out there & the jurors will have to make up their own minds.

One more ugly thing to heap on the pile.

Since I don't see anything in the paper from the defense side that disputes this accusation, I think we can safely conclude that what SL's aunt wrote about his employment status was incorrect. And whatever he was doing (or not doing) didn't cover the bills - even with an infusion from the retirement account. He needed money.

And adoption site inquiries??

I think that "incorrect" is a very kind word. As I recall, she specifically said he was a supervisor at a company and flatly denied that he was unemployed. She also said he passed the gun residue test, which is true, but neglected to say he refused to have his face swabbed.

I think that "incorrect" is a very kind word. As I recall, she specifically said he was a supervisor at a company and flatly denied that he was unemployed. She also said he passed the gun residue test, which is true, but neglected to say he refused to have his face swabbed.

The Aunt reported what SL told her. SL appeared to be managing fine. They went on a cruise in Oct. For outside appearances financially the Lindseys looked fine.
Behind closed doors in reality not so much.

The defense usually presents their case after the prosecution. We will now hear their defense against what has been presented by the prosecution.
Today should be interesting.

The Aunt reported what SL told her. SL appeared to be managing fine. They went on a cruise in Oct. For outside appearances financially the Lindseys looked fine.
Behind closed doors in reality not so much.

The defense usually presents their case after the prosecution. We will now hear their defense against what has been presented by the prosecution.
Today should be interesting.

I don't blame the aunt for defending her nephew. Can you imagine if this was your nephew. How horrible this would be?

She was probably telling us what SL had told her. He had a supervisor job with some big company, everything is fine. We just went on a fancy cruise. I passed the GSR test when they tested my hands, HERE! Look at the "FBI" lab results.

He's a liar. There was no job. And apparently they did go on this cruise. But (as with other things we've discovered) there's more to the story. He took out a credit card right before the murder that was never paid. He probably intended to pay it off with the insurance proceeds.

And of course he left out the part about refusing to have his face tested for GSR.

He would have been much better off to have taken a plea deal than plead not guilty. I can only imagine what this has cost his family in legal fees. I hope they haven't mortgaged (re-mortgaged) their homes and/or business to finance this entire event.

I don't blame the aunt for defending her nephew. Can you imagine if this was your nephew. How horrible this would be?

She was probably telling us what SL had told her. He had a supervisor job with some big company, everything is fine. We just went on a fancy cruise. I passed the GSR test when they tested my hands, HERE! Look at the "FBI" lab results.

He's a liar. There was no job. And apparently they did go on this cruise. But (as with other things we've discovered) there's more to the story. He took out a credit card right before the murder that was never paid. He probably intended to pay it off with the insurance proceeds.

And of course he left out the part about refusing to have his face tested for GSR.

He would have been much better off to have taken a plea deal than plead not guilty. I can only imagine what this has cost his family in legal fees. I hope they haven't mortgaged (re-mortgaged) their homes and/or business to finance this entire event.

I don't blame her either. She believed what she saw with her own eyes. They went on a cruise. She had no reason to think it wasn't paid for. He showed her paperwork that said he passed the GSR test. She didn't know he refused to have his face tested. He said he was a supervisor. At one point he was. He just neglected to mention that he had been fired for drinking. He's her nephew and she loves him, and she's not the first one to fall for the lies of a loved one. My heart goes out to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlyingHorses4