GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If SL family has custody of baby girl, there will be nothing to stop them from taking her, I hope that the little boys mom would fight to have all parental rights removed from SL

Working dinner, they must be close to a verdict

<<The jury in the Steven Lindsey murder trial continued to deliberate Thursday through dinner time.>>
This tells me they believe they are close - otherwise they'd just shut it down and say they can crab at each other in the morning.

<<Alexa will read instructions this morning that jurors will use to guide the deliberations.>>
This is where the judge would have given the jury definitions for the confusing (absolutely wrong and intentionally misleading) definition the defense tried to give the jury.

<<Alexa said he dismissed the woman over the objections of defense attorney Larry Rogers because he did not want to chance having to repeat the lengthy trial. Prosecutors requested the move.>>
(grin) The Prosecution knows they have him.

P.S. YAY for Moseley the third dog! I have REAL high hopes for SL&#8217;s little boy and ex.

Just read on NW Indiana Times that the jury is working through dinner. Could this mean the jury feels they are close? I would think that if they were far apart, they would stop for the day and begin tomorrow. Could be wrong on that, but I think this means they are close. Fingers crossed.

It certainly does sound encouraging. If they still had a long way to go they'd likely just sleep on it and come back tomorrow to continue. To stay late SOUNDS like they want to finish up.

Set Your Soul Free, hang on. Your answer may come soon. :) Let's hope Melinda is watching.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/...cle_681bec4d-67ed-50f9-a31c-717c5e4a7a89.html

Unbelievable. Hung Jury. 7 guilty, 3 not guilty, 2 don't know but leaning towards NOT guilty. I cannot conceive.

SL may be bailed out. Maybe he'll get to see his baby and son???. He can threaten witnesses. Oh dear God. I do not understand.

It is unbelievable. OJ again. Casey Anthony again. Crazy crazy.

Set Her Soul Free, I am so very very sorry for all of you, her friends, her family, and all of us here who took great interest in seeing justice done.

I'm shaking, and I am a stranger. Cannot imagine how the family/friends deal. Let's hope for an appeal, but that takes time, and if Steve is out during that time, what might he do. His narcisism doesn't go away because he had a close call. In fact it may help him feel invincible. It'll confirm that his flawed thinking is correct.

Say it isn't so. I just cannot believe the jury could not see what is apparent. I don't know them In Real life and it is so obvious he is guilty.

He is guilty, he murdered ML and he has narcissistic behavior traits. Does the jury not see Melinda was terrified, bullied and controlled This is like OJ verdict revisited. Jury better hide.
. Who does the jury conclude did this if not SL This is a further heartbreak for family. No justice for Melinda. Jurors should understand exactly the weight of their decision.
This is beyond my comprehension. Insane.

This is wrong on so many levels. Please tell me SL will be retried in front of intelligent jurors. Please tell me he will be retried. Please

Oh no. So he may or may not be tried again, depending on what the prosecution decides ...
I had a bad feeling about this too. At least we know he won't collect on the insurance, since there were lies on the app.

His narcisism doesn't go away because he had a close call. In fact it may help him feel invincible.
Yes. ( Drew Peterson comes to mind as a perfect example). I am stunned. I wish the forum-that-shall-not-be-named and other evidence could have been used at trial. I also have to wonder why none of Melinda's family testified...

I do hope the jury members speak to the press and give the family some insight into how they came to believe he was not guilty. The only thing I can think of is the defense attorney's statement that "if you don't know EXACTLY what happened that night then you must find him not guilty" (paraphrased)

There was just SO MUCH against SL. His excuses were pitiful. His past behaviors abhorrent. Melinda was afraid of him. He bullied her to take out a massive insurance policy, and tried to collect days before it expired, he didn't let family/loved ones in for a funeral/burial. He didn't even call her family, and do I remember correctly, he told the police Melinda had nothing to do with her parents!!!!! He's got guilty written all over him. What didn't the jury see???? He killed the dogs. He searched adoption. Melinda was afraid of him. He was controlling. He was in big debt. He bragged about money not being a problem while having $13 in the bank. He is nuts!!!!

I was expecting a guilty verdict. I had little doubt. I expected to congratulate Set Her Soul Free, and hoped she'd pass that along to the family. Now it's condolences I am sending.

I know there are a lot of tears tonight.

I want to spew bad words. I know so childish, but puhLease tell me what the jurors saw that we did not

Second, I'm not violent in any way but who wants to join me in slapping the smug look off Steve Lindseys face. Brother Shawn Lindsey, shame on you, I know you know better. Hope you can look in the mirror.

They did.. Parents and sisters I believe

#JusticeForMelinda
Thanks SHSF, good to know they were able to testify, (I didn't catch that in the news). I an SO terribly sorry! SEVEN people obviously GOT it!! What on earth could the others have been thinking?! I am so upset right now! I can only imagine a tiny bit of the pain, frustration, anxiety...shock? You must be going through, as well as her family. So so sorry ((((Set Her Soul Free)))))

I want to spew bad words. I know so childish, but puhLease tell me what the jurors saw that we did not

Second, I'm not violent in any way but who wants to join me in slapping the smug look off Steve Lindseys face. Brother Shawn Lindsey, shame on you, I know you know better. Hope you can look in the mirror.

agreed 100%. How did they buy his pitiful story? I had made a comment earlier today how I hope they all had connecting brain cells. That was said as a joke. Now I'm thinking they did not have connecting brain cells. Was there a bully foreman? Wonder what the male/female composition was???

I'm mad!

I'm going to try to get some sleep. I'll have to take a sleeping pill, because I know this will play over and over again in my mind.

How well will the jury sleep?

I'm going to bed, but It going to be hard to sleep. The world's gone crazy!

Barry W. I typed out an entire response which disappeared. I am enraged at the injustice for ML And family, friends. Please join me in the cyber removal of the smug look on Steven Lindseys face. Virtual slap. SL Guilty in every sense of the word. Shawn Lindsey, SL may be your brother, but shame on you for believing his ********. You know better. I know you do.
Understand what is truly best for baby girl. Do you truly believe, without a doubt SL your brother is the best thing for bAby girl. Do the right thing. That's the only way to have peace. Whether you liked her or not (ML),honor her child.
That innocence child deserves a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member