GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for Ms Bottoms. I'm sure it felt great to say that in court with Lindsey watching.

Is it typical that the husband is told by police to not tell his wife's family that she has been shot? The police didn't contact them either?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...ptb-lindsey-trial-st-0303-20160302-story.html

The only time the Kirbys ever heard from their son-in-law, Steven Lindsey, 36, she testified Wednesday, was about a month after her daughter was shot and killed in her home on Indiana 149 in Center Township when Lindsey texted his father-in-law.

"He never called," Kirby said, adding that they were never notified of a memorial or funeral service. "He didn't have his family call. He didn't have police call."

This ^^^ is incredibly damning. I hope they got in there the part about his hurry up cremation, NO service and NO obituary too.

Is it typical that the husband is told by police to not tell his wife's family that she has been shot? The police didn't contact them either?

This ^^^ (to me) sounds like more SL rubbish. Kind of like "my lawyer wants a picture of the gunshot wound."

I am wondering the same thing, too! Why would police tell him not to contact her family?

I am wondering the same thing, too! Why would police tell him not to contact her family?

I have been researching this. And I found some interesting reading on death notification and how to notify a family of a death and or a murder. This article deals specifically with notifying parents of the death of a child.

http://www.pomc.com/tips.html

Killer's family should never be allowed to make contact.

[\QUOTE]Killer's family should never be allowed to make contact.[/QUOTE]

SO: presumably anyone but the killer's family IS not only allowed to make contact but encouraged to be kind and supportive and empathetic? So ANYONE who was not the killer, and not the killer's family, would be invited to mourn with the family?

The article was written by "parents of murdered children". It's titled "actual comments and suggestions from POMC survivors as to how Death Notifications can be done with compassion and sensitivity." The "tip" (killer's family should not be allowed to make contact) was part of that list.

My thought was that *IF* the police really told SL not to contact Melinda's parents, it was because they already believed he was the killer. Just a guess. Personally I think he made it up.

I could be wrong on this, but I seem to remember reading that SL told the police he did not have a phone number for Melinda's parents.

I could be wrong on this, but I seem to remember reading that SL told the police he did not have a phone number for Melinda's parents.
That sounds familiar. However, I'm sure it would have been easily found on her cell phone. There's no excuse.

I agree there is no excuse. How awful.

I agree! Her poor parents. Her mother did a great job today too. When the defense asked if she knew that the police told SL not to contact them, her answer was, "It doesn't matter. He could have had someone else call us..." That was a great answer.

How about get in the car and drive to their house to tell them what happened? Take the baby and mourn with her family.

How about get in the car and drive to their house to tell them what happened? Take the baby and mourn with her family.

That's what a decent human being would do, but we are talking about a cold blooded killer, who murdered his young wife for money

First I do not know Melinda or Steven personally. I have followed the case. Let me just say ML was young, with her entire life before her. It spoke volumes when reported her bubbly voice was played in court.
I am old enough to be her grandmother. I think about all she will miss, especially the joy of watching her daughter grow up.
I think about her parents.
I think about the many young ladies that meet and date their Prince Charming. How at risk each are. When I was young and single, I wouldn't have thought twice about beginning a relationship with a young man as ML did.
How dreadful her decision was. Life changing. Life can change in a minute.
God bless her family and may they receive justice for the precious loss of life.

Thank God the prosecution brought in an expert to demonstrate that the strangle hold could not have gone down as sl claimed. And the only thing the defense can counter with is that sl was stoned and on sedatives?! Talk about grasping at straws...

Thank God the prosecution brought in an expert to demonstrate that the strangle hold could not have gone down as sl claimed. And the only thing the defense can counter with is that sl was stoned and on sedatives?! Talk about grasping at straws...

Or the hog-tie method which involves cutting off the airway by putting the person in a position with their hands and feet bound behind them and their legs pulled up in back or by putting enough weight on their back to cut off their respiration.

It's too late for the defense to change their story about how sl was rendered unconscious so why did they even bring it up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dianthe