In Memory of JonBenet Ramsey

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The show was on tonight with JBR's father and brother. I skipped it, it was a re-run, and the macabre money grubbing off of a dead child doesn't sit well with me.

Both the shows depicting BR and JR as victims, as well as the lawsuits do not sit well with me. One or both of them know what occurred that night, and it’s morally mind-boggling that they’ve filed another lawsuit. It inspired me to encapsulate the trajectory of this case with some basic doggerel:

There once was a lady in Boulder
Whose spouse was quite a bit older,
And as one might guess,
His business success, a life of excess
Unleashed the spoils of ambition.

Then one Holy night
Arrived such a plight,
It threatened both wealth and their name.
They struggled to know, could they weather the shame?
Confess, make a plan, show contrition?

“Oh, what do we do?”

“We stick together like glue,
Who can say what is true,
Here's a plan - we blame and we sue!
This will be our sole (/soul) life’s mission."

December 2018: And so it continues . . .

I think a parent caused the death and have been shocked by the lack of compassion for Burke Ramsey who was only 9 when a homicide occurred while he was present in the home. All over the internet people who claim to care about the case because JonBenet was a child are tearing Burke down and for stuff like, not drawing a picture of his sister when he was 10.

And people's expectations for how they think a child should behave in police interviews and at a funeral strike me as more than a little unrealistic. I honestly wonder whether some of the people who say they think his behavior in stressful, difficult situations is 'creepy' or that there's something 'sinister' about him acting anxious about being asked to identify a pic of pineapple have ever actually been around kids.

re: Jameson

Hickory’s peculiar connection to the JonBenét Ramsey murder investigation

Identifying Jameson

Hickory’s peculiar connection to the JonBenét Ramsey murder investigation
(Jordan Hensley jhensley@hickoryrecord.com
JHensley)

Dec 23, 2018 Updated Dec 23, 2018

"I asked her to explain more, then she spouted theories of the Ramseys’ innocence and disdain for the 2016 CBS special pinning JonBenét’s brother Burke as the accidental killer."

"Returning to the office, I pulled up the link Bennett gave me and entered the world of amateur online detectives who are sometimes called cybersleuths. A world, I quickly learned, that has shunned Jameson for more than a decade."

"I contacted Bennett several hours later, and from there on out, we would only communicate via email, save for one phone call. She would cease to call herself Susan Bennett, signing each email as Jameson and insisting: “I have always been jameson and prefer it that way.”

"“Not now, I have gotten a lot of files on the case because one of the original investigators passed away, I was given all his files and my priority is sorting and studying them before I do anything else,” she wrote. Jameson told me when we met she had formed friendships with various investigators on the case over the years."

"By then, I’d fallen deep into a Google black hole. I’d combed archived message boards and chat logs, some dating back 20 years. I even ventured through probably the most famous forum for amateur detectives: Websleuths."

"Jameson wrote to me on Aug. 15, 2017. “There is another site — weBsleuths and that is a site for the Ramsey lynch mob who will twist anything and everything in order to make it seem the accusations against the parents is the ONLY possible solution.”

more at link

And then, after having read and contemplated the article re Jameson,
I thought it would be best to go to my profile page,
and turn off the option for conversation,
(I think I did it right?)
as I thought some sicko might try and contact me in the guise of another poster.

So to those that I did conversate with, that's what's up.

Randal Simons arrested/tidder

Police: Children's photographer accessed child *advertiser censored* on wireless network at restaurant

Police: Children's photographer accessed child *advertiser censored* on wireless network at restaurant
Wednesday, July 3rd 2019

"OAKRIDGE, Ore. - A man who describes himself as a children's photographer faces accusations he regularly accessed child *advertiser censored* on a public wireless network at an Oakridge restaurant, the Oakridge Police Department says.

Oakridge Police arrested Randall D. Simons, 66, on Tuesday on 16 counts of Encouraging Child Sex Abuse. The arrest is the result of a year-long investigation, police said."

RS, photos of JBR, curly locks, cowboy hat, and polka dot dress:

jonbenet ramsey Photo by Randall Simons/Polaris - Google Search

Colorado June 1996 Jonbenet Ramsey, Cowboy hat Credit photo: Simons/ SYGMA Please contact Sygma for Usage rights. :: Rocky Mountain News

acr, RS's history:
10161998randysimons.htm

Randal Simons arrested/tidder

Wednesday, July 3rd 2019

"OAKRIDGE, Ore. - A man who describes himself as a children's photographer faces accusations he regularly accessed child *advertiser censored* on a public wireless network at an Oakridge restaurant, the Oakridge Police Department says.

Oakridge Police arrested Randall D. Simons, 66, on Tuesday on 16 counts of Encouraging Child Sex Abuse. The arrest is the result of a year-long investigation, police said."

RS, photos of JBR, curly locks, cowboy hat, and polka dot dress:

Colorado June 1996 Jonbenet Ramsey, Cowboy hat Credit photo: Simons/ SYGMA Please contact Sygma for Usage rights. :: Rocky Mountain News

acr, RS's history:
10161998randysimons.htm

Tadpole12,
Thanks for the post and all those links. Am I surprised, not anymore. How many more kookies will the case fling up?

Now the big question is does he have any compromising photographs of JonBenet? You can bet the journo's are out now trying to get a quote from John.

Years ago folks were suspicious of him, since his photographic style was considered too raunchy, especially for kids, at one point in the investigation he was a major Person Of Interest !

Any bets on Randy Simons being lined up as JonBenet's killer in the next episode of Who Killed JonBenet and Why?

Here is an report about the charges the former photographer:

Former JonBenét Ramsey photographer indicted in Lane County on child *advertiser censored* charges

Former JonBenét Ramsey photographer indicted in Lane County on child *advertiser censored* charges

jaejae,
The big find will be any photographs of JonBenet found in his house which are patently innapropriate, remember how JonBenet was taught all those adult moves, etc.

Will the police put this information into the public domain, they might not want the heat, given they have his wireless connection records to nail down a conviction?

This guy is off to some federal penitentiary, its an open and shut case. Also the police will investigate any contacts he has had with children in the past to the present, so there might be more to come?

jaejae,
The big find will be any photographs of JonBenet found in his house which are patently innapropriate, remember how JonBenet was taught all those adult moves, etc.

Will the police put this information into the public domain, they might not want the heat, given they have his wireless connection records to nail down a conviction?

This guy is off to some federal penitentiary, its an open and shut case. Also the police will investigate any contacts he has had with children in the past to the present, so there might be more to come?

Thanks for the post. I might be wrong but I do not think this guy killed JonBenet. Like most I do not think these child beauty contests were a good idea as evidenced by these developments. In 1996 I thought with the media the Ramsey's were responsible for JonBenet's death. I do not anymore and I feel Patsy loved her daughter very much. Thanks

Thanks for the post. I might be wrong but I do not think this guy killed JonBenet. Like most I do not think these child beauty contests were a good idea as evidenced by these developments. In 1996 I thought with the media the Ramsey's were responsible for JonBenet's death. I do not anymore and I feel Patsy loved her daughter very much. Thanks

Also hello from a fellow UK guy in the middle of all the turmoil.

Here is an article about the arrest of the photographer from the good old Daily Mail:

JonBenet Ramsey's photographer charged with 15 counts of encouraging child sex abuse | Daily Mail Online

"A search warrant was filed June 27 to search Simons’ residence. There, police collected four laptops, three camcorders, two bags of writable optical discs, and six cameras.

At the time of Simons’ arrest, Oakridge police said Simons described himself as a children’s photographer. Oakridge police asked parents of children that may have been left unattended with Simons to contact Oakridge police at 541-782-4232 or the Lane County Sheriff’s Office at 541-682-4150. …
According to the Associated Press article, Simons was held in the Lincoln County Jail in Colorado pending a psychiatric evaluation. The outcome of the case is unknown. A message to the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office was not returned."

"A search warrant was filed June 27 to search Simons’ residence. There, police collected four laptops, three camcorders, two bags of writable optical discs, and six cameras.

At the time of Simons’ arrest, Oakridge police said Simons described himself as a children’s photographer. Oakridge police asked parents of children that may have been left unattended with Simons to contact Oakridge police at 541-782-4232 or the Lane County Sheriff’s Office at 541-682-4150. …
According to the Associated Press article, Simons was held in the Lincoln County Jail in Colorado pending a psychiatric evaluation. The outcome of the case is unknown. A message to the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office was not returned."

Tadpole12,
Well the police are certainly looking. Consider those numbers: three camcorders, six cameras and four laptops !

How big is the bag of optical discs? That is old school style storage matches Simons’ age profile. Why does he need four laptops to edit stuff, or are they used as a storage/backup medium?

So its alleged he looks at nasty stuff online and offline Simons describes himself as a children’s photographer, mmm, anyone taking bets on the police finding illegal images on those optical discs?

Tadpole12,
Well the police are certainly looking. Consider those numbers: three camcorders, six cameras and four laptops !

How big is the bag of optical discs? That is old school style storage matches Simons’ age profile. Why does he need four laptops to edit stuff, or are they used as a storage/backup medium?

So its alleged he looks at nasty stuff online and offline Simons describes himself as a children’s photographer, mmm, anyone taking bets on the police finding illegal images on those optical discs?

Meh. God forbid my house ever gets searched and reported on. I'm a tech guy with varied interests. At least six cameras. At least a dozen laptops (one for each member of my family plus a number of special purpose and retired/dead ones). Desktops. Servers. Network attached storage devices. Firearms. Fireworks. Books about murderers (thanks WS!). Thousands of CD-ROMs and DVDs. USB flash drives galore. Retired hard drives in stacks. Many sets of lockpicks. I'll stop there so I don't scare anyone.

Meh. God forbid my house ever gets searched and reported on. I'm a tech guy with varied interests. At least six cameras. At least a dozen laptops (one for each member of my family plus a number of special purpose and retired/dead ones). Desktops. Servers. Network attached storage devices. Firearms. Fireworks. Books about murderers (thanks WS!). Thousands of CD-ROMs and DVDs. USB flash drives galore. Retired hard drives in stacks. Many sets of lockpicks. I'll stop there so I don't scare anyone.

helpfulcharlie,
Sure, but for the police the more devices you have the better as they are more likely to find something illegal.

The thing about hosting all those devices is how do you find stuff?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back