In Memory of JonBenet Ramsey

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just had occasion to watch a made for TV depiction of the JB Ramsey case - 8-2017. This movie covered the initial investigation conducted by Boulder PD circa 1997. The film focused on the sorts of evidence gathered, the views of neighbors including Fleet White, the Alex Hunter DA office influence. The film highlighted key (selective) events statements positions of all actors in this case. Lou Schmitt and his theories were shown in this backdrop. The Boulder police converged on a theory that RDI and a cover up had been staged. For assorted reasons "influence" was exerted to prevent any sort of formal charge of a crime against John Betsy Ramsey being brought forward into a pubic forum. The movie ends upon release of the grand jury actions ie a decision to return a "true bill" to the prosecuting body relating to the JB Ramsey homicide matter. This result was an affirmation of "probable cause" in the commission of a crime"; a violation which could be prosecuted in a court of law. This finding is to be contrasted with a jury finding of "ignoramus"; a writ which states, in effect, we find "no good reason to prosecute". The movie pointed out that the GJ outcome was a lay jury determination stating the obvious: "there are "grounds' to pursue further the charge of "a crime". Alex Hunter opted not to pursue a charge of suspected “negligent homicide” or reckless child endangerment” presumably on the grounds that such an allegation could not have been successfully prosecuted by the “state”. Subsequent events have taken place such as release of touch DNA findings, the Burke Ramsey Interviews, the 2016 Sweep documentaries by CBS, and the Lin Wood $750 defamation lawsuit.

For the record, I am RDI “true believer”. And indeed I favor, the BDI denomination. However what interests me most is the phenomenon of how big money can be used to “thwart” justice, and how big money, “big law” are deployed as a cudgel to threaten intimidate and silence critics or opponents. Ramsey et al used the Lin Wood LLC as a weapon against the “state” - Boulder Police, District Attorney. Ramsey et al aptly deployed media consultants PR experts private investigators to blunt an official investigation. Methods used included raising claims of “witch-hunt’ “incompetence” “ill- will” “rash justice” and to control- in the realm of public opinion - “the story”. Anybody or any agent suggesting a Ramsey ie John, Patsy or Burke, may be guilty of such a crime, immediately would be set upon by threats of litigation expressly designed to harass, to publicly embarrass, and to destroy by attrition. One need only to read through Wood’s narrative in the CBS suit. It would be of keen interest to know all of the background details respecting Ramsey’s strategy and tactics with lawyers, advisors, experts, consultants, together, from 1998 through to the present. Indeed it is interesting even to speculate on the sort of arrangements struck between Lin Wood and Phil McGraw of Dr Phil Show ( Wood is McGraw’s personal attorney, hence creating a serious conflict of interest between these two parties) during the production of the Burke Interviews. For me, John Ramsey’s conduct is a case study of how to beat a murder rap; assuming the price is right. John Ramsey managed to control the story and to control decisions arising from the police, the district attorney, media centers, and the governor’s office. Ramsey also successfully created a modern myth. He established himself as “the victim” “ an innocent father suffering a tragedy”. Lin Wood et al, in exchange for a presumed hefty fee, insured the preservation of this urban American myth.

BRAVO . BRAVO. Kudos to John Ramsey PR machine and to Lin Wood who made the "myth" come true. May Jon Benet RIP.

Hope you a had a lovely 27th birthday, JonBénet! You are all fighting to get justice for you some day!

attachment.php

Attachments

• tumblr_op8jlwhi3X1vd5uwno1_400.jpg
    tumblr_op8jlwhi3X1vd5uwno1_400.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 549
My word. 27. Poor thing. It just really struck me she wouldn't still be a little girl, but a woman. Possibly a mother. So awful. Still no justice :(

I say we all send John, Burke, Alex Hunter and Mary Lacy Christmas cards with JonBenet's picture in them.

I just had occasion to watch a made for TV depiction of the JB Ramsey case - 8-2017. This movie covered the initial investigation conducted by Boulder PD circa 1997. The film focused on the sorts of evidence gathered, the views of neighbors including Fleet White, the Alex Hunter DA office influence. The film highlighted key (selective) events statements positions of all actors in this case. Lou Schmitt and his theories were shown in this backdrop. The Boulder police converged on a theory that RDI and a cover up had been staged. For assorted reasons "influence" was exerted to prevent any sort of formal charge of a crime against John Betsy Ramsey being brought forward into a pubic forum. The movie ends upon release of the grand jury actions ie a decision to return a "true bill" to the prosecuting body relating to the JB Ramsey homicide matter. This result was an affirmation of "probable cause" in the commission of a crime"; a violation which could be prosecuted in a court of law. This finding is to be contrasted with a jury finding of "ignoramus"; a writ which states, in effect, we find "no good reason to prosecute". The movie pointed out that the GJ outcome was a lay jury determination stating the obvious: "there are "grounds' to pursue further the charge of "a crime". Alex Hunter opted not to pursue a charge of suspected “negligent homicide” or reckless child endangerment” presumably on the grounds that such an allegation could not have been successfully prosecuted by the “state”. Subsequent events have taken place such as release of touch DNA findings, the Burke Ramsey Interviews, the 2016 Sweep documentaries by CBS, and the Lin Wood $750 defamation lawsuit.

For the record, I am RDI “true believer”. And indeed I favor, the BDI denomination. However what interests me most is the phenomenon of how big money can be used to “thwart” justice, and how big money, “big law” are deployed as a cudgel to threaten intimidate and silence critics or opponents. Ramsey et al used the Lin Wood LLC as a weapon against the “state” - Boulder Police, District Attorney. Ramsey et al aptly deployed media consultants PR experts private investigators to blunt an official investigation. Methods used included raising claims of “witch-hunt’ “incompetence” “ill- will” “rash justice” and to control- in the realm of public opinion - “the story”. Anybody or any agent suggesting a Ramsey ie John, Patsy or Burke, may be guilty of such a crime, immediately would be set upon by threats of litigation expressly designed to harass, to publicly embarrass, and to destroy by attrition. One need only to read through Wood’s narrative in the CBS suit. It would be of keen interest to know all of the background details respecting Ramsey’s strategy and tactics with lawyers, advisors, experts, consultants, together, from 1998 through to the present. Indeed it is interesting even to speculate on the sort of arrangements struck between Lin Wood and Phil McGraw of Dr Phil Show ( Wood is McGraw’s personal attorney, hence creating a serious conflict of interest between these two parties) during the production of the Burke Interviews. For me, John Ramsey’s conduct is a case study of how to beat a murder rap; assuming the price is right. John Ramsey managed to control the story and to control decisions arising from the police, the district attorney, media centers, and the governor’s office. Ramsey also successfully created a modern myth. He established himself as “the victim” “ an innocent father suffering a tragedy”. Lin Wood et al, in exchange for a presumed hefty fee, insured the preservation of this urban American myth.

BRAVO . BRAVO. Kudos to John Ramsey PR machine and to Lin Wood who made the "myth" come true. May Jon Benet RIP.

Husserl49,
In the future once JR and LW pass on, they are currently knocking at the gate, JonBenet TV documentaries will likely focus on how the R's beat the system, as it will become pretty obvious that the case is RDI.

Does the money count or is the millionare celebrity status enough in the USA to get people look the other way, or does it need backed up by threat of litigation. Note poor guys never threaten litigation against the cops, and the cops know this.

Happy Birthday JonBenet, we have not forgotten!

Husserl49, I wish more of the public really grasped what you’ve just expressed – the role money and political influence played in this case. I appreciated your post for more reasons than I’ll detail.

Yes, the family escaped a judgment in court, but not a judgment in the court of public opinion. To think they arrived at this point through the actions of not one but two incompetent and/or corrupt DAs defied anyone’s expectations. Well, not everyone’s expectations. FW knew how this would go.

Just recently I spoke with a friend in Colorado who has only skimmed the news of this case. She asked, “Isn’t it generally thought now that the brother killed her?“ [How well your cover-up worked, JR.] I could only affirm that many people have reached that conclusion.

[Cover up the molestation. Cover up the accident. Cover up someone’s handmade ligature- noose/garrote/twister-and no one will ever know or suspect your family was involved. How well this worked.]

I am convinced both father and son know what happened that night. But here’s a funny thing.
Looking down the road, this story will remain, and the family’s lives will continue to be dissected and discussed. The questions surrounding the death of JonBenét will be left on the doorstep of the Rs’ descendants. Forever.

For now with the lawsuits, BR may win some settlements and walk away rattling the change in his pockets, whistling a happy tune.
Hoo Yah!
What a shameless path. What a vainglorious, corrosive, venal farce of lawsuits.

Prior lawsuits to rescue BR’s reputation:
American Media Inc. and Star Editorial - 1999
Court TV, AOL Time Warner, Time Warner Entertainment and Liberty Media – 2000/2001
The New York Post - 2000
The Globe - 2000
Windsor House - 2000
Werner Spitz – 2016
CBS, and other listed defendants – 2016

All of these, excepting the ongoing Spitz and CBS lawsuits, were settled out of court.

You are remembered, RIP JonBenét

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/2017/08/21/social-media-speech/104801392/

On
social media, not all speech is free
The Detroit NewsPublished Aug. 21, 2017

"The question of what speech is protected under the First Amendment also is at the center of a lawsuit filed against a well-known metro Detroit pathologist, Dr. Werner Spitz.Last year, Spitz was sued by the surviving sibling of murdered child beauty pageant contestant Jon Benet Ramsey.Burke Ramsey filed a lawsuit against Spitz in Wayne County Circuit Court for $150 million for comments he made about the 1996 slaying of the 6-year-old Colorado beauty queen.The lifeless body of the child was found in the basement of the family’s Boulder, Colorado, home Dec, 26, 1996. Investigators say she had been tortured, sexually assaulted and strangled.Ramsey, who was 9 at the time of his sister’s slaying, says in his lawsuit that Spitz, 90, gave an interview to CBS Detroit radio last September in which he “explicitly and falsely” stated Burke, who now lives in Charlevoix, murdered his sister.The suit, filed by Plymouth attorney John Lesko, quotes Spitz as saying: “If you really, really use your free time to think about the case, you cannot come to a different conclusion. ... It’s the boy who did it.”The Ramseys’ family attorney, Atlanta-based lawyer L. Lin Wood, told The Detroit News: “The accusations by Werner Spitz against this young man are outrageous. Such false accusations for self-promotion and profit have no place in an orderly and just society. This lawsuit is the first step to holding Spitz fully accountable for his heinous wrongdoing.”The suit against Spitz is pending."

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/2017/08/21/social-media-speech/104801392/

On
social media, not all speech is free
The Detroit NewsPublished Aug. 21, 2017

"The question of what speech is protected under the First Amendment also is at the center of a lawsuit filed against a well-known metro Detroit pathologist, Dr. Werner Spitz.Last year, Spitz was sued by the surviving sibling of murdered child beauty pageant contestant Jon Benet Ramsey.Burke Ramsey filed a lawsuit against Spitz in Wayne County Circuit Court for $150 million for comments he made about the 1996 slaying of the 6-year-old Colorado beauty queen.The lifeless body of the child was found in the basement of the family’s Boulder, Colorado, home Dec, 26, 1996. Investigators say she had been tortured, sexually assaulted and strangled.Ramsey, who was 9 at the time of his sister’s slaying, says in his lawsuit that Spitz, 90, gave an interview to CBS Detroit radio last September in which he “explicitly and falsely” stated Burke, who now lives in Charlevoix, murdered his sister.The suit, filed by Plymouth attorney John Lesko, quotes Spitz as saying: “If you really, really use your free time to think about the case, you cannot come to a different conclusion. ... It’s the boy who did it.”The Ramseys’ family attorney, Atlanta-based lawyer L. Lin Wood, told The Detroit News: “The accusations by Werner Spitz against this young man are outrageous. Such false accusations for self-promotion and profit have no place in an orderly and just society. This lawsuit is the first step to holding Spitz fully accountable for his heinous wrongdoing.”The suit against Spitz is pending."

"Such false accusations for self-promotion and profit have no place in an orderly and just society."

Does that mean Lin's not going to be a lawyer anymore?

I appreciate your thoughts. While it may have to do with money and power, having a minor child involved may have given the DA no choice but to deflect any implication of a minor involved in head blow or strangling ...

I appreciate your thoughts. While it may have to do with money and power, having a minor child involved may have given the DA no choice but to deflect any implication of a minor involved in head blow or strangling ...

So you're saying that it's a fact that a minor child was involved.

People assume that the GJ charges indicate BR directly (as the parents aren't directly charged with murder; more like "covering up the murder"), but in my opinion, I think that the GJ charged them as such because they couldn't determine who exactly -- out of the two parents -- committed the exact crime. Out of all the evidence they heard, they knew both parents were in on it, but they didn't know which of them committed which specific act(s).

The true bill stated that there was enough evidence to indicate "child abuse resulting in death" against John and Patsy Ramsey. I'd recommend reading the true bill (or as much of it that was released to the public).

The true bill stated that there was enough evidence to indicate "child abuse resulting in death" against John and Patsy Ramsey. I'd recommend reading the true bill (or as much of it that was released to the public).

Right, and that's different than 1st/2nd murder and voluntary/involuntary manslaughter. They charged both of them with that, because they didn't know which one committed which particular act.

When you look at it, both of them are definitely guilty of this charge; but it's impossible to know which one of them, specifically, committed the actual act of murder. There's no doubt however, that they both knew.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back